Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151618 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#125164 Feb 24, 2014
Oneaintnobetter wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a CLUE-
We've ALREADY been there and looked at the stats of the Ukraine.
As well as mentioned FACTS on what is going on there.
BEEN there...READ it...ALL..already.
So you don't have to waste your time pretending you've posted anything new.
And yet you could not muster up the balls to apologize for misleading.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125165 Feb 24, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That must really bother you Commies-for people to read ANYthing that isn't commieTic agenda'd.
Oh Sista McCarthy, put that pitchfork down.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#125166 Feb 24, 2014
If Jesus was conservative....

"I can't fed these people. It will destroy their incentive to better themselves"

Luckily for the 5000, Jesus was liberal, so they got to eat.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125167 Feb 24, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You have faith in many other things in your daily life.
For Example you have faith people will stop for a red light and not smash into your car.
You have faith that the water you drink out of the tap is clean.
You have faith in yourself and your atheist opinions are true.
Trust in stoplights are not my god, nor is safe drinking water. Thanks for making the examples that are clearly not a god, yet take a sort of faith or a religion.
What amazes me is that you cannot understand the simple concept or use language properly.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125168 Feb 24, 2014
Correction on that last post. It takes a sort of trust and one may even call it faith in traffic lights, but it certainly is not a religion.
BTW, I often still look instead of completely trusting the light to stop idiots.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#125169 Feb 24, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And yet you could not muster up the balls to apologize for misleading.
That's why it's a waste of time responding to him.

He was quite plainly wrong and yet he refused to admit it.

He also said that the Ukraine region as more atheist than anything else.

He got that wrong as well but his bankrupt credibility won't allow him to admit it.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#125170 Feb 24, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Look it up-I got other things I gotta do.
That, and I for one, personally think people CAN and DO...think and read just FINE for themselves.
(let me know if you find it tho lol)
I'd already looked it up. History 2, Ancient Aliens, season 2, episode 3, "Unexplained Structures" I don't know the next air date, but it won't be within the next two weeks.

There are documentaries:
National Geographic

or BBC
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I can't find a working link to the Smithsonian's

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#125171 Feb 24, 2014
We must talk to our children more than anyone else, about wisdom, showing them" how to walk in the ways of the Lord". This is difficult enough to do without the daily influence of a system opposed to our values.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125172 Feb 24, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo Chromolio...some interesting theories I watched yesterday-on Goebekli tepi..
One hundred miles or so from Mt Ararat of all places )an interesting FACT I was previously unaware of --especially considering the theories of Noah's Ark. Seems a few of the scientific archeologists find many of the sites inscriptions of various animal life, to be rather interesting in the consideration of the possibility of alll things-- such a vessel as Noah's Ark.
----------
Some believe that the age and location of Gobekli Tepe shows that it was the site of the Biblical Garden of Eden. It is easy to see why some might jump to that conclusion, given the fact that if it is a place of religious worship.
It is the oldest discovery of such a place to date.
Of course, that only leads to more questions. If Gobekli Tepe really is the site of the Garden of Eden, why did the ancients bury it? < http://www.gobekli-tepe.org/> ;
Good question -eh Chromolio? Could it have been due to some sort of monster FLOOD?
HA.
It's always so AWESOME, when Science FORTIFIES these actually valid questions.
Shocker, call the inquirer. Various animal species live in every part of the earth.
Noah's Ark is an impossibility. It is clearly myth.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125173 Feb 24, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
edit: why the ^Ukraine^ is favoring the independency of the EU (rather than the COMMUNISM of being infiltrated back in to the freedom hating atheism of the iron curtain bloc.).
Well I can agree the forcing of religion or no religion is always bad. It was bad when it was claimed Moses did it in the bible, and it was bad when communists did it.
Speaking out about the good or bad of religion is the right way to address the issue, not force. Government indoctrination of religion, or even anti religion is always wrong. Favoring any particular holy book by a government is always wrong.

There is no more iron curtain, and I am pretty sure the governments there do not demand what you worship or not anymore.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125174 Feb 24, 2014
-Bamboo- wrote:
We must talk to our children more than anyone else, about wisdom, showing them" how to walk in the ways of the Lord". This is difficult enough to do without the daily influence of a system opposed to our values.
LOL! The system is opposed to your values? You guys are the ones who claim that it's always been a "Christian country" and have always done your "best" to keep Christians exclusively in public office. It's is precisely YOUR system of values that is shot through and through with hypocrisy.
Anonymous

Manchester, KY

#125175 Feb 24, 2014
Kellerman you don't like religion some kind of free spirit guy when you die some preacher will be singing your praises like you flew to heaven and what a great guy you were but we know that's not true. RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#125176 Feb 24, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the things I noted about Jesus he like to have a good party. Making more wine for the guys who are all ready drunk as a skunk. Must of been sight watching Jesus whooping it up.
Was that real wine to get drunk on or just grape juice?
He turned water into wine for me

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#125178 Feb 24, 2014
I really enjoy open Bible study and reading the Bible and applying it exactly as it is written, the Scripture has shown me it is true to my life exactly fulfilling what is written in the 7 churches in particular the church of Philadelphia.

I would venture to say that people enduring the hour of temptation will say the same thing so this is the time to repent and walk in the ways of Christ. Love God with all you heart, mind, soul and strength and love your neighbor as yourself as well as love your enemy.

Please consider this seriously because when that temptation comes your life will appear somewhat at a loss if you haven't and like me you'll want to help others but because of my not relenting and repenting sooner the devil had taken a lot from me.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125180 Feb 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. H2 Ancient Aliens: Unexplained Structures
Well, there you go then - immaculate research proving that standing stones were alien GPS devices and the Bible is real. 0.o
Did you watch it?

Interesting huh!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125181 Feb 24, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And yet you could not muster up the balls to apologize for misleading.
Yawn, your childish pitchfork stuff is so...masochist.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125182 Feb 24, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Sista McCarthy, put that pitchfork down.
Reality bother you Duquette?

It should.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125183 Feb 24, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
He turned water into wine for me
If this was a competency hearing, that statement would be numbered 'Exhibit F'.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125184 Feb 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd already looked it up. History 2, Ancient Aliens, season 2, episode 3, "Unexplained Structures" I don't know the next air date, but it won't be within the next two weeks.
There are documentaries:
National Geographic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8JfbV21weQEXX
or BBC
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I can't find a working link to the Smithsonian's
Have to listen for it..it's always a pleasure to hear/see that type of material, presented with actual real research from open minds, by open minds, for people to be able to ponder with their own open minds...with out having some backwoods, dark age sado-masochist hick type trying to jump at your neck trying to tear your throat out trying to demand anyone think a certain way...or they're "wrong".
Gaw I can't stand that level of ghetto ignorance, so I really enjoyed the show...quite refreshing.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#125185 Feb 24, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you better not drive a car with extreme caution and you better drink water unless you boil it first because you trust in the Government and the laws of the land when you do those simple things. You practice faith and trust in all aspects of life.
It's utterly dishonest to compare using inductive reasoning to believing ridiculous things contrary to evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angie Fredrick mills Clark 43 min Jessica 22
Who is this guy? Saw him in court back in 2012/13 3 hr Wondering 1
Why was Jason lake fired ? 4 hr Lol 11
save alot 4 hr tire guy 15
Anyone lose a blue tick puppy? 4 hr I want it 2
New Hires at KC 4 hr Woweee 58
Higher Property Taxes 4 hr Truth 2
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? Mon History lesson 35

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web