Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151860 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#125143 Feb 24, 2014
Creation wrote:
Noahs Ark will never be disproven, God will never be disproven, the "Fact" that you were created by GOD will never be disproven. You all's little pea sized brains have you all fooled into believing you evolved from a 'monkey'. You act as though may have, but I really know you were created by an almighty God.
When you were three you "knew" Santa and the Easter bunny were real. Now you are supposedly all grown up, but you are still three.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125145 Feb 24, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The paper of that day was on scrolls and it was made for people who could Write. Like I said very few people could read AND write. The Jewish Scribes were tasked with the meticulous task of hand writing documents. Only the most highly educated and skilled people could write and they were under Jewish Law. The Torah and Talmund were written in Hebrew or Arameic.
"Scroll" is simply the form, just as the more modern "book" is. Under Roman occupation, Latin and Greek were common languages, and while what we consider literacy today was uncommon in Roman Palestine, to a lesser degree it was not particularly rare. Most education was private - either in the home or by private schooling, but public education was available and had been for hundreds of years prior to Jesus.

So, as you've strayed afield I ask again. Have you found the "Noah was mocked" and "neighbors' kids were invited" in Genesis, Pslams, the OT or the NT, yet ?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#125146 Feb 24, 2014
First, Jesus says that we will not enter the kingdom of heaven unless we become like a child. We need to change our mindset and think like children think. Not that we become immature and act childish in the traditional sense, but that we accept things in simplicity. Children have a way of believing everything you say and believing it as fact. It's only when we grow up that we tend to question everything. The currency of the kingdom of heaven is faith. It's what moves God's heart and what the great people of God are known for. So for the first part Jesus is telling us,

"have faith like a child".

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#125147 Feb 24, 2014
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"No woman is that stupid about her own body"
Yet you kill babies that you make, and call it YOUR body.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =3Ra0eH_rNhIXX&feature=pla yer_detailpage
I guess killing babies to please a religious cause would be more acceptable to you.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125148 Feb 24, 2014
-Bamboo- wrote:
First, Jesus says that we will not enter the kingdom of heaven unless we become like a child. We need to change our mindset and think like children think. Not that we become immature and act childish in the traditional sense, but that we accept things in simplicity. Children have a way of believing everything you say and believing it as fact. It's only when we grow up that we tend to question everything. The currency of the kingdom of heaven is faith. It's what moves God's heart and what the great people of God are known for. So for the first part Jesus is telling us,
"have faith like a child".
A theocratic utopia would be the world in which only priests possessed the opposable thumb.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125149 Feb 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Science does not fortify Adam and Eve or the Noachian flud. They are myths.
"Some believe" they want to be surgically altered to look like Barbie. "Some believe" there are pyramids on Mars and on the moon. "Some believe" Mark 16:18 will protect him from snake bites - correction: "believed", past tense.
Anyway, what have these wild speculations that Gobekli Tepe is the Garden of Eden or evidence of a global flood have to do with "atheists killing atheists over who believes in god the least in the Ukraine"?
You need to quit giving any ear at all to the drool that dribbles out of fake n plaskit no brain barhbie wanna be looky likes --it clogging up you brain cell wit toxic waste lol.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125150 Feb 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never stated that there is not history in the Bible. However, GT is prehistoric. It predates the Bible by so many thousands of years that linking the two falls between wishful thinking and irresponsible.
So Sista, exactly who are these 'archaeologists' who are proposing this correlation between the Bible and GT? I can't seem to find any archaeologists' articles or academic links that even mention Noah or the Garden of Eden.
H 1 or 2
2/23/2014

I forget the name of what it was tho ...but it craned my neck as I was walking by, long enough to listen for a few lol.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125151 Feb 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sista, sista, sista... <face/palm>
NAMI was quickly and conclusively revealed to be a complete fraud and their "discovery" a complete hoax. Even the Creationists weren't fooled.
http://creation.mo bi/hong-kong-ark-fiasco
unqualified innuendos about Gobekli Tepe in the Bible and disgraced searches for a boat that never was.. what do you have for us next? Ron Wyatt and the Ark of the Covenant? Hitler lost the war because somebody stole the Spear of Destiny? Jesus was conceived through an alien abduction? Vaginas were created to eliminate water?(oh, right.. you did that one already.. nvm)
I'm telling ya...I HEARD it AND saw it..all in the same airing ..about Goebleki tepi...@ Goebleki tepi...BY Goebleki tepi archeologists.
'Cause um...it caught my ear-- mentioning it was that close to Mt Ararat...cause..umm I dunno ...I thought it was in Peru or something.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125152 Feb 24, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to quit giving any ear at all to the drool that dribbles out of fake n plaskit no brain barhbie wanna be looky likes --it clogging up you brain cell wit toxic waste lol.
So you are saying I shouldn't be reading your posts... Good advice, but it's like trying to look away from a train wreck.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125153 Feb 24, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
H 1 or 2
2/23/2014
I forget the name of what it was tho ...but it craned my neck as I was walking by, long enough to listen for a few lol.
Uh-huh. H2 Ancient Aliens: Unexplained Structures
Well, there you go then - immaculate research proving that standing stones were alien GPS devices and the Bible is real. 0.o
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125154 Feb 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really too lazy to research your own religion?
NONE of the gospels name their author. Those names were added much later as a matter of tradition. And even according to tradition, St. Luke and St. Mark AREN'T eyewitnesses.
Hmm..let's see.. how about STFU cuz you aint doing nothing but ignorantly wasting your time?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125155 Feb 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying I shouldn't be reading your posts... Good advice, but it's like trying to look away from a train wreck.
Look it up-I got other things I gotta do.

That, and I for one, personally think people CAN and DO...think and read just FINE for themselves.

(let me know if you find it tho lol)

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#125156 Feb 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Proverbs
1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge:[but]
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Yeah, Christianity is built on fear.

Cambridge, UK

#125157 Feb 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
That's doesn't make any sense. Agriculture made life *EASIER* because people had greater control over their food supply.
The purpose of the Eden story is to (poorly) explain why a perfect god ended up with such a flawed world.
Sista doesn't make any sense.

I'm seriously thinking he suffers from some form of mental disability.

It's the only way to explain such blatant stupidity and outright hypocrisy

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#125158 Feb 24, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm..let's see.. how about STFU cuz you aint doing nothing but ignorantly wasting your time?
Wow, you get really angry when I point out that you don't even know your own religion.

Did you actually think Luke and Mark were among the 12 apostles?

Cambridge, UK

#125159 Feb 24, 2014
Creation wrote:
Noahs Ark will never be disproven, God will never be disproven, the "Fact" that you were created by GOD will never be disproven. You all's little pea sized brains have you all fooled into believing you evolved from a 'monkey'. You act as though may have, but I really know you were created by an almighty God.
"We have names for people who have many beliefs for which there is no rational justification. When their beliefs are extremely common we call them “religious”; otherwise, they are likely to be called “mad”,“psychotic” or “delusional”......Clearly there is sanity in numbers. Yet, it is merely an accident of history that it is considered normal in our society to believe that the Creator of the universe can hear your thoughts, while it is demonstrative of mental illness to believe that he is communicating with you by having the rain tap in Morse code on your bedroom window. So, while religious people are not generally mad, their core beliefs are."

Sam Harris

Cambridge, UK

#125160 Feb 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sista, sista, sista... <face/palm>
NAMI was quickly and conclusively revealed to be a complete fraud and their "discovery" a complete hoax. Even the Creationists weren't fooled.
http://creation.mo bi/hong-kong-ark-fiasco
unqualified innuendos about Gobekli Tepe in the Bible and disgraced searches for a boat that never was.. what do you have for us next? Ron Wyatt and the Ark of the Covenant? Hitler lost the war because somebody stole the Spear of Destiny? Jesus was conceived through an alien abduction? Vaginas were created to eliminate water?(oh, right.. you did that one already.. nvm)
Maybe he'll tell us more about how he believes the Ukranian troubles are caused by atheists killing each other in arguments about who believes in god the least.

Cambridge, UK

#125161 Feb 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to think of his posts as something to be stepped over.

Like dog shit.

Cambridge, UK

#125162 Feb 24, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you get really angry when I point out that you don't even know your own religion.
Did you actually think Luke and Mark were among the 12 apostles?
Irrational anger a sign of mental illness.

Possibly bipolar

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#125163 Feb 24, 2014
wait a minute or did she wrote:
momma always told me that I should play nice she didn't know you when she gave me that advice...
So she needed to know everyone before giving advice? Or maybe you just feel some need to do the opposite of what is right or good? Or maybe you do not know what the word "always" means.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whose the 2 guys at Sav a lot all the time? 52 min The guy 3
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 1 hr sorry but true 48
Lay Principal 3 hr Illegal 3
Higher Property Taxes 16 hr taxpayer 17
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 17 hr patient 2
Older men Younger women 20 hr long cool woman 17
No regrets 22 hr Got nobody 8

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance