Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
118,821 - 118,840 of 130,467 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#124577 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The laws of genetics would prevent an animal from evolving to one to the next, the DNA of each species is what it is, it's a program unique to it's own. not changing from one to the other.
The laws of genetics don't prevent evolution. DNA *changes*. We have witnesses the development of new species in labs and in nature.

You simply don't know what you're talking about.

Are you going to tell us why Entropy is an issue?
pusherman_ wrote:
specified complexity, law of information systems, how does evolution overcome that?
Mutations and variations create information.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124578 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> i got plenty of time, michu KaKu was one of the scientist or whatever he is that said science can't refute it and how he would agree that elvis was alive and well in another parallel universe, now i know he is highly respected or is it that he's agreeing that you think he's a quack? it doesn't take a scientist to realize that conscious is separate from physical.. does it? that michu guy said the numbers for evolution to be fact was astronomically impossible, greater than 10 to the 50th power, he said anything over that is impossible, not to mention that number itself..
You don't really understand much of what you attempt to repeat, do you? Dr. Kaku (who is a theoretical physicist, and science popularizer, btw - not a quack or whatever) has said nothing about evolution being nearly impossible. What he has speculated is that modern human evolutionary pressures have been alleviated by technology. You might have plenty of time to be misled, but I neither have plenty of patience nor willingness to drag you back.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#124579 Feb 19, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws of genetics don't prevent evolution. DNA *changes*. We have witnesses the development of new species in labs and in nature.
<quoted text>
what new species? in labs or nature? i saw where they had been trying to get fruit flies to mutate with no success, so what are you talking about?

Location hidden

#124580 Feb 19, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Things decline(go extinct) but never becoming, i don't think there is one new species becoming, maybe a variation of same species but never a new species..

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#124582 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Things decline(go extinct) but never becoming, i don't think there is one new species becoming, maybe a variation of same species but never a new species..
There have been many new species seen arising. I provided links in my previous post.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#124583 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
@The_Box
ISAIAH 40: 22
It Is He Who Sits Above
The Sphere Of Earth,
Its Inhabitants Like
Grasshoppers, Who
Stretches The Heavens...
1600 Hundred Years before proven the Earth was Round
Notice how he also mentions stretching the heavens
(expansion of the universe, also not or could've been known)
So No, it was not their belief the earth was flat!!
Below is from none other than Albert Barnes....

"The circle of the earth - Or rather, "above" (&#1506;&#1500; &#8219;al) the circle of the earth. The word rendered 'circle'(&#1495;&#1493 ;&#1468;&#1490; chu&#770;g) denotes "a circle, sphere, or arch"; and is applied to the arch or vault of the heavens, in Proverbs 8:27; Job 22:14. The phrase 'circle,' or 'circuit of the earth,' here seems to be used in the same sense as the phrase orbis terrarum by the Latins; not as denoting a sphere, or not as implying that the earth was a globe, but that it was an extended plain surrounded by oceans and mighty waters. The globular form of the earth was then unknown; and the idea is, that God sat above this extended circuit, or circle; and that the vast earth was beneath his feet."

You'll note that he disagrees with you.

Nottingham, UK

#124584 Feb 19, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying. The Hebrew word used is "chug", which means circle. It is based on a root word that means to draw a circle. This is undeniably FLAT.
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/2328.htm
You beat me to it.

Nottingham, UK

#124585 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The laws of genetics would prevent an animal from evolving to one to the next, the DNA of each species is what it is, it's a program unique to it's own. not changing from one to the other. Genetic complexity, specified complexity, law of information systems, how does evolution overcome that?
So there are no genetic mutations?

Right, carry on then.

What's your alternative to evolution and does it involve magic?
Carl

Richmond, KY

#124586 Feb 19, 2014
Bible says: 2 men ought not lay together.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#124587 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Things decline(go extinct) but never becoming, i don't think there is one new species becoming, maybe a variation of same species but never a new species..
The fossil record shows otherwise.

Nottingham, UK

#124588 Feb 19, 2014
Carl wrote:
Bible says: 2 men ought not lay together.
Bible says you need to kill women who have pre-marital sex.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124589 Feb 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
YEC are the one's with that contention, you cotton headed ninny muffin... I believe the earth to be 4.5 billion years old, possibly older!
<quoted text>
It is amazing how these intransigent Atheists throw huge numbers that they are unable to comprehend as if they were chump change. Lodi read that number some place and now has made it part of his unexplainable beliefs.
do not ask him to provide you with an explanation as to how he arrived at that particular figure unless you are prepared to read more nonsense. LOL
I believe I have about a dollar in change in my pocket ,he believes the earth is about 4.5 billion years or older..........YIKES.......... Betcha he has never counted past 500.
Ask him how many hairs he has on his head ?
So sad you have yet to catch up to the modern era where math works and machines can add.
The dates are solid. Dispute it at the peril of sounding like a loon.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124590 Feb 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop LYING Duquette-there's been multitudes of militant attacks on Israel, through out the course of world history as we know it.
And you can even read about them in OTHER (much more secular) books as well.
Geez...talk about DUHnial.
Nothing I said is in dispute with what you said. Now if you could only show the militant attacks of the bible as claimed of Jerusalem and Israel were as claimed, you would be famous. But the fact is, it is in dispute with all the known facts of the land and its inhabitants.

Location hidden

#124591 Feb 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The fossil record shows otherwise.
no it doesn't, there is not one transitional fossil ever found..
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#124592 Feb 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what you even feel is an accident. And your absolute claim about them is ludicrous.
And if you think we are going to refute every cherry picked quote you post, you must be insane. It is pointless as you do not even listen, much less address our answers.
Stop jumping around like you're standing on an ant hill and making excuses.
My question is very simple and you know darn well it is not cherry picked.
I have stated over and over and will state AGAIN ,, I BELIEVE that God is the creator of the Universe and all therein.
You disagree . All I have asked for is a plausible explanation from those who believe otherwise .. I have not asked for proof , merely how those who disagree with me to demonstrate how it may be possible for the nonliving to create life , non intelligent to create intelligence and nonconscious to create consciousness.
All I want to know is , How this may be possible?
You have stated that" You believe it is likely that matter/energy has always existed.
If that be true,then , energy matter needed no creator...
That is the same thing I have stated sbout God , which you mock....
We both agree that there was always something , I call this something God , you call it energy /matter . We may both be right , this energy matter could well be God.
I assume that you are familiar with dark matter/dark energy.....Invisible , so is God...
Now ,the question is ,Does this darkk matter/dark energy posses the ability to create life ,intelligence and consciousness AND the Universe.
If it does , then I would conclude that the matter/energy you believe likely exists is one and the same as the God that I worship.Wouldn't you agree ....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124593 Feb 19, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> no it doesn't, there is not one transitional fossil ever found..
That's the traditional creationist propaganda, anyway. According to the ToE, every fossil ever found is transitional.
The_Real_Ed_Hier onymus

Mckee, KY

#124594 Feb 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop jumping around like you're standing on an ant hill and making excuses.
My question is very simple and you know darn well it is not cherry picked.
I have stated over and over and will state AGAIN ,, I BELIEVE that God is the creator of the Universe and all therein.
You disagree . All I have asked for is a plausible explanation from those who believe otherwise .. I have not asked for proof , merely how those who disagree with me to demonstrate how it may be possible for the nonliving to create life , non intelligent to create intelligence and nonconscious to create consciousness.
All I want to know is , How this may be possible?
You have stated that" You believe it is likely that matter/energy has always existed.
If that be true,then , energy matter needed no creator...
That is the same thing I have stated sbout God , which you mock....
We both agree that there was always something , I call this something God , you call it energy /matter . We may both be right , this energy matter could well be God.
I assume that you are familiar with dark matter/dark energy.....Invisible , so is God...
Now ,the question is ,Does this darkk matter/dark energy posses the ability to create life ,intelligence and consciousness AND the Universe.
If it does , then I would conclude that the matter/energy you believe likely exists is one and the same as the God that I worship.Wouldn't you agree ....
You ask some good questions, but then you turn around and make a totally baseless leap of faith because I would say with total certainty that you would then say that that "God" would have to be the "God" of The Bible.

However, why would that God have to be the God of The Bible especially when that God wasn't mentioned by any culture until relatively late in the history of Gods and it's creation follows the typical pattern of all religions ie. moving from many Gods ( because it's a well documented fact that the Hebrews did believe in many Gods and that Yahweh evolved from earlier Canaanite Gods ) to one God because it's easier to control widely dispersed populations of people with one God than with many Gods, and then it took that religion another 1,000 or so years of evolution to reach the final version of the book that discusses that God.

And even though I don't believe it's indicative of any gods existing at all, if I did believe in the existence of gods, I would say the presence of the Dark Matter you mention in your post points to the existence and prevalence of another god entirely than the one that you believe the one god to be.
Killing Monsters

Mckee, KY

#124595 Feb 19, 2014
The main Problem wrote:
Ha...congrats to you, Monsterkiller, because I'm willing to bet that, other than me, you're probably the only other person in Kentucky who has actually READ the Satanic Bible....and now people are gonna call us "Devil worshippers" because they have no idea what the Satanic Bible is actually about, i.e. the worship of ONE'S SELF, and taking PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and being your OWN God. Good book, but LaVey could have marketed it better with a different title ;) One of the lines in it that I'll never forget is, "What good are friends if they can't do YOU any good?"
Congrats on having a higher desire for learning, and "not just the narrow, dogmatic view of the Jedi." ;)
Oh, there are others out there. You'll mainly find them in the larger cities and around the University Campuses and often in the artistic and musical circles. I remember one lovely red-haired lass from Rockcastle County that I met while we were both volunteering as DJs at WRFL Lexington 88.1 All The Way To The Left in the mid 90s that had met Glenn Danzig 3 times in particular.

Anyway, thanks for the insightful and knowledgeable words.

"There is a beast in man that should be exercised not exorcised." and "Evil is Just Live spelled backwards." Doctor Anton Szandor LaVey
SevenTee

Williamsburg, OH

#124596 Feb 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
YEC are the one's with that contention, you cotton headed ninny muffin... I believe the earth to be 4.5 billion years old, possibly older!
<quoted text>
It is amazing how these intransigent Atheists throw huge numbers that they are unable to comprehend as if they were chump change. Lodi read that number some place and now has made it part of his unexplainable beliefs.
do not ask him to provide you with an explanation as to how he arrived at that particular figure unless you are prepared to read more nonsense. LOL
I believe I have about a dollar in change in my pocket ,he believes the earth is about 4.5 billion years or older..........YIKES.......... Betcha he has never counted past 500.
Ask him how many hairs he has on his head ?
The athists are unhappy people, haters who want to make everyone miserable. I know where there bitterness and misery comes from so I feel sorry for them.
SevenTee

Williamsburg, OH

#124597 Feb 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Even if I were, it still means there is no holy ghost.
You have been indoctrinated to believe that as well.

Why don't you want to seek for Truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Straw Grasping Te... 151,114
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min George Granger 1,264
hot girl a the funeral home 2 hr wow 7
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 7 hr Tell it 9
Calvary Christian start date? (Jul '13) 7 hr PARENT 15
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 8 hr Junk man 10
Fight lee mart 9 hr dkkdk 2
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••