Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148902 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124967 Feb 22, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical reply is an accurate staement . I believe that you should know by now that when I am mocked I will reply in kind.
But , to get to your point and add a couple of things that you left missing.
First of all , as you know , I never claimed that event to be a miracle.
But ,there were a series of events that aroused my curiosity.
1) The lady that called me did so at exactly the same time when I was praying for an answer.
2) She was not the one who found the dog. Her friend who found the dog , whom they believed to be a stray, had been given to someone who was providing it with a good home
3) The ad for the dog had been in the newspaper for 7 days and up until the day that I was making my request known to God it had never occured to her to look in the lost pets section.
And why should she? She had seen the dog , briefly,one time.
4) During the time I was praying , according to her ,for some unknown reason , she decided to turn to the lost pet section
5) When she read through all the listings for lost dogs ,according to her , none of them fit the description of the dog in question,whom she had seen once about 10 days prior.
In spite of that ,of all the ads in the paper for lost dogs ,,and there must have been maybe 15 to 20 , she only decided to call me.
Why would she call me or anyone else if she believed that the description she remembered of the dog did not fit that which was in the ad?
Those are quite a few incidents that occured within a half an hour all pertaining to the same event.
Of course , as an atheist , you have to attempt to give it a natural explanation , but to do so, you have to stretch the limits of logic and reality
To cal that a common occurence as some of you have , is absurd ,as there is nothing common about it.
Did I ever say I knew God to be responsible ? No... That is what some on this website have claimed with their lies.
All I have said is that I found those events to be very different than what normally occurs under such circumstances....
Pull up what I posted and match it up with the misrepresentations that you and others have made.
Did those events cause me to begin seeking God? yes they did.
So, stop with the nonsense and inttentional misrepresentations.
If you want to believe that it was a common occurence and can be easily explained , fine
fact is that all the explanations that I have been provided by you Atheists are comical, nonsensical ,illogical and absurd.........Anf you have been one of the major contributors.
So instead of God you could just as easily have leaped to the conclusion that you made a psychic connection and jumped feet first into tarot cards and bending spoons. Perhaps you could have started promoting quantum macro entanglement or a global mental collective or a cosmic overmind... but you didn't. Instead you embarked on a program of convincing yourself that the bronze age Semitic humanoid god is the ultimate... whatever, dude.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124968 Feb 22, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Where the twenty plus S's on that last word there to tell us you are a joke?
Whatza matter Duket , you can't count past 20 , there are 40 to be exact.
Thanks for confirming that you can't count past twenty..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
There , That will really put a crimp in your counting ability
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYIKES
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124969 Feb 22, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of God you could just as easily have leaped to the conclusion that you made a psychic connection and jumped feet first into tarot cards and bending spoons. Perhaps you could have started promoting quantum macro entanglement or a global mental collective or a cosmic overmind... but you didn't. Instead you embarked on a program of convincing yourself that the bronze age Semitic humanoid god is the ultimate... whatever, dude.
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH , I have not fallen into anything. I have admitted that I have failed to come up with a natural explanation.
The Atheists like yourself , have attempted to come up with a natural explanation and have instead come up with a conglomerate of nonsense that would tax the mind of the mentally unbalanced. As a result,it is you guys that have fallen into a world of caca which you are quite unable to climb out of.
So you now need resort to claiming tarot cards,which I have never claimed was a legitimate explanation. Attempting to blind me with your smokescreen is futile.
fact is , without stretching logic and credulity well beyond the snapping point , you atheists are quite unable to give a logical explanation as to how those events might have occured in sequence over a 30 minute time span.
However , I understand your need to hang unto your baseless faith..........
Que sea lo que tu quieras Juan Bobo
In the future , do not attempt to explain that which you are unable to comprehend
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124970 Feb 22, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I fully understand the circumstances you claimed. And you failed to show where I failed to understand them. Again you make baseless charges.
I really do not care that you do not buy our arguments, but you seem to think I must buy your argument. I do not think the dog finding was a miracle, no matter what you perceived.
No matter how many letters you type like NOOOOOOOO, it does not convince me you are correct. It only convinces me you are a douche bag.
You did not understand them and have failed to do so.
I do not buy arguments that are composed of nonsense based on opinions that are based on your attempts of defending your baseless faith
And let us not forget , Douche bags are reusable and of much more value than used condums
BTW Knucklehead , I never tried to convince anyone I was correct.
Go back to what I posted . What I asked for was for someone to give me a logical explanation for those events.
It is you misconstruers of the truth , who have claimed that I called it a miracle and the other false allegations that have been posted All due to your frustrations..........and ineptness

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#124971 Feb 22, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, if you believe that the truth will set you free, why do you criticize those who seek the truth? It seems that it is not the truth you are looking for but what someone else says is the truth. Open your mind and question your faith. Every religion on earth believes they have the "truth". Ask questions of your preachers. I know that there are parts of your religion you either don't agree with or don't believe. If part of your faith is questionable why not all of it?
Eh! You speak of Respect! Don't you know by your seeking that the God I serve always loves but is no respecter of persons - why then should I not also be no respecter of persons!

You chose to question my conditions of faith but like my Lord the Christ I question if you can answer me what then are your questions based the world or your heart and which tells you of God?

My love in life is to please God and follow Jesus carting my cross! When I do this I will be approached by those of other beliefs and I am thankful that I am Blessed because I have a our Heart. Though God is Good and can handle Pride Himself-as we know what happened to one called the devil when he enjoyed it (if but for a season)!

The Lord my Savior can handle selfishness as you know how the devil handled what he called his in the dessert trying to tempt Jesus (slammed down, you shall not tempt The Lord your God)!

The Holy Spirit can handle that he does handle thankfully to give me peace in him!

And I can handle what makes me tick as I have shown you and am of (God, thanks be to Jesus and the Comforter).

What can you handle? So far, people I have seen opposing Christ can't handle anything but illogical disruption involving worldly ways and evil-and even childish disputing!

Just as we who have accepted love know we were once as such but now would like to steer you out of as we have been brought out of by fellow Christian believers, and Christ who died for us while we were still sinners.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124972 Feb 22, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH , I have not fallen into anything. I have admitted that I have failed to come up with a natural explanation.
The Atheists like yourself , have attempted to come up with a natural explanation and have instead come up with a conglomerate of nonsense that would tax the mind of the mentally unbalanced. As a result,it is you guys that have fallen into a world of caca which you are quite unable to climb out of.
So you now need resort to claiming tarot cards,which I have never claimed was a legitimate explanation. Attempting to blind me with your smokescreen is futile.
fact is , without stretching logic and credulity well beyond the snapping point , you atheists are quite unable to give a logical explanation as to how those events might have occured in sequence over a 30 minute time span.
However , I understand your need to hang unto your baseless faith..........
Que sea lo que tu quieras Juan Bobo
In the future , do not attempt to explain that which you are unable to comprehend
Uh-huh. So your point is still that you're unshakably going with the bronze age Semitic humanoid god myth because you got your dog back.
Looking from the inside out of your mind, you're doubtlessly unaware that it's just diminished capacity and mental delusion, but for those on the outside looking in, it is quite apparent.
"In the future , do not attempt to explain that which you are unable to comprehend"

Mount Washington, KY

#124973 Feb 22, 2014
I had just been thinking of the ancestry and Christ is my ancestor, the Holy Spirit is and God for sure as my Father is.

What I found in and of myself is that I am in that I am told by the word of Christ to seek to save my life is to lose it and to lose my life is to save it!- life in God is greater than life in this world as my life is everlasting in him as all live unto him and such as it is written there will be time no more!

Surely then the life we live on the Spirit as the me man is and will be better than the life we live and have lived as the old man (in this world).

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124974 Feb 22, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
I had just been thinking of the ancestry and Christ is my ancestor, the Holy Spirit is and God for sure as my Father is.
What I found in and of myself is that I am in that I am told by the word of Christ to seek to save my life is to lose it and to lose my life is to save it!- life in God is greater than life in this world as my life is everlasting in him as all live unto him and such as it is written there will be time no more!
Surely then the life we live on the Spirit as the me man is and will be better than the life we live and have lived as the old man (in this world).
According to the accepted story, Jesus isn't anyone's ancestor. I suppose he could be your great great ... great grand uncle. Holy spirit, etc...? I think I saw that on Ghost Hunters - but then you know that most of those reality shows are fake as a 3 dollar bill, a silk suit televangelist or a Creation Museum.

Mount Washington, KY

#124975 Feb 22, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the accepted story, Jesus isn't anyone's ancestor. I suppose he could be your great great ... great grand uncle. Holy spirit, etc...? I think I saw that on Ghost Hunters - but then you know that most of those reality shows are fake as a 3 dollar bill, a silk suit televangelist or a Creation Museum.
Tell you what

If he didn't open the scroll and then God didn't send him to earth to die on the cross for us. Bringing us unto himself and then unto Christ.

We wouldn't have life, we would have all died from an eye for an eye or worse - by worse I mean what ever your in- faith or false faith has gleaned for you or those who have knowledge based on the devil giving it to them (that's without the Holy Spirit).

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#124976 Feb 22, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Accusing me of that which you are guilty is a failed , dishonest and scurrilous tactic used by born losers.
I have posted my reasons , you are mentally immature and are not able to grasp them.
I have no reason to be ashamed as opposed to those of you who have denounced one of your own Atheist leaders when he wrote that
Atheism has a suicide problem" and went on to describe the condition of those with whom he was in contact with who had deconverted.
Based on his observations he concluded that there was a suicide problem with Atheism and that those who deconvert are afflicted by feeling abandoned , lonely and deep depression whch lead to suicide and suicidial tendencies.
There is much contained therein for which Atheists feel ashamed and are opposed to discussing that topic and most certainly that is a topic they do not want made public.
Then you have a study , authored by the USMC that states that Atheists are more likely to commit suicide than any other group . That study was conducted in an effort to reduce the suicide problems within our military.
Plus , as you know , there are Independent studies which confirm that which I have posted.
You can resort to lies , diversions and other scurrilous tactics in order to hide the truth
However, the facts speak for themselves.
And , much to the chagrin and dismay of you and your fellow Atheists , I will still continue to claim
My God lives and Jesus Christ is Lord
And we can joyously exclaim as is written in Matthew 28;6
He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay.
All your attempts to deceive are not able to keep him in the grave
The same can not be said of Galileo and Darwin
Here he is....

Cambridge, UK

#124977 Feb 22, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical reply is an accurate staement . I believe that you should know by now that when I am mocked I will reply in kind.
But , to get to your point and add a couple of things that you left missing.
First of all , as you know , I never claimed that event to be a miracle.
But ,there were a series of events that aroused my curiosity.
1) The lady that called me did so at exactly the same time when I was praying for an answer.
2) She was not the one who found the dog. Her friend who found the dog , whom they believed to be a stray, had been given to someone who was providing it with a good home
3) The ad for the dog had been in the newspaper for 7 days and up until the day that I was making my request known to God it had never occured to her to look in the lost pets section.
And why should she? She had seen the dog , briefly,one time.
4) During the time I was praying , according to her ,for some unknown reason , she decided to turn to the lost pet section
5) When she read through all the listings for lost dogs ,according to her , none of them fit the description of the dog in question,whom she had seen once about 10 days prior.
In spite of that ,of all the ads in the paper for lost dogs ,,and there must have been maybe 15 to 20 , she only decided to call me.
Why would she call me or anyone else if she believed that the description she remembered of the dog did not fit that which was in the ad?
Those are quite a few incidents that occured within a half an hour all pertaining to the same event.
Of course , as an atheist , you have to attempt to give it a natural explanation , but to do so, you have to stretch the limits of logic and reality
To cal that a common occurence as some of you have , is absurd ,as there is nothing common about it.
Did I ever say I knew God to be responsible ? No... That is what some on this website have claimed with their lies.
All I have said is that I found those events to be very different than what normally occurs under such circumstances....
Pull up what I posted and match it up with the misrepresentations that you and others have made.
Did those events cause me to begin seeking God? yes they did.
So, stop with the nonsense and inttentional misrepresentations.
If you want to believe that it was a common occurence and can be easily explained , fine
fact is that all the explanations that I have been provided by you Atheists are comical, nonsensical ,illogical and absurd.........Anf you have been one of the major contributors.
I see you're still demonstrating that you're never too old to learn something stupid.

Cambridge, UK

#124978 Feb 22, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody has a "god" it can be Money, Fame, Power, a pagan idol, Satan, Mouhommad, Buddah, Joseph Smith, secularism, humanism, atheism ETC ......and there is a religious aspect attached with every one of the "gods". Most worship or follow another person or belief system blindly and do not realize they are completely under the control of something more powerful than themselves.
So your god is indistinguishable from the items you list.

No problem, I get you fine.

Cambridge, UK

#124979 Feb 22, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We get it, god saved your dog and let six million Jews die without lifting a finger.
That's about the size of it.

Cambridge, UK

#124980 Feb 22, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
So Jesus fathered children?

There's me thinking that sex outside of marriage was tabboo.

Cambridge, UK

#124981 Feb 22, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what
If he didn't open the scroll and then God didn't send him to earth to die on the cross for us. Bringing us unto himself and then unto Christ.
We wouldn't have life, we would have all died from an eye for an eye or worse - by worse I mean what ever your in- faith or false faith has gleaned for you or those who have knowledge based on the devil giving it to them (that's without the Holy Spirit).
Superstitious mumbo jumbo.

Mount Washington, KY

#124982 Feb 23, 2014
Obviously said- all those who oppose Christ and the words written in the Bible can do nothing but say meaningless, derogatory and childish things.

We see clearly there is actually nothing in knowledge but what the devil can put there that wont run unbelievers and their conversation down to the ground.

A misbehaving child can poke fun of just about anything to gain attention and keep misbehaving.

That's how I view the majority of you who hatefully reply to well thought out and caring posts from my fellow Christians and myself.

While we are stating that which is well within Christ and his commands, we are met with dirty, stinky, filthy diaper like behavior from grown people, who seem to value their mire more than the truth, the light and the way of The Lord.

One day perhaps when you mature in love to know Christ you will repent and be thankful that God put it upon our hearts to tell you of Christ and you will forsake all and follow Christ helping others too.
Kinda Sick of it All

Lexington, KY

#124984 Feb 23, 2014
Just a thought. Wouldn't a bible in the hands of a child be better than waiting till they are in prison to receive one? I am proud to be an American and I afraid of the direction this country is headed.

I challenge everyone to read the Bible cover to cover before making a decision of it's worth.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#124985 Feb 23, 2014
Kinda Sick of it All wrote:
Just a thought. Wouldn't a bible in the hands of a child be better than waiting till they are in prison to receive one? I am proud to be an American and I afraid of the direction this country is headed.
I challenge everyone to read the Bible cover to cover before making a decision of it's worth.
I agree. Atheists HAVE read the babble.
Then we have to explain it to believers.

It is a collection of Hebrew myths, not to be taken seriously.

For most christians, the bible is like a software license. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree."

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#124986 Feb 23, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Superstitious mumbo jumbo.
But she parrots that mumbo jumbo really well, doesn't she?
That must count for something?
*thinks about it*
No, it only shows that she has a good memory for what she has been told.
Nevermind.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124991 Feb 23, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what
You seem like a nice lady, and I'm sure that you are dutiful, empathetic and sincere, but I can see that you are simply not wired for reason, information and logic.
I agree that the human world would be a much different place without the impact of the Christian religion(s), but there is no reason to think that without it we would have killed ourselves off, that knowledge comes from a devil (or a god, either) or that a Holy Spirit inspired the Bible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chinese restaurant RUDE 13 min brady 11
Anyone seen Kilgore fight ? 1 hr Very funny 10
Liquor License to locals only 1 hr governor 14
Places for rent.. 1 hr thanks 1
tara 1 hr kcb 8
Beating knox drug court drug tests ! 2 hr fyi 22
229 silver Chrysler 300 3 hr Hot chick 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages