Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 180124 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125003 Feb 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
Well, that's strange. You first took the line that the entire blowup is due to "atheists killing atheists over which ones believe in god the least" and now you're claiming it's the Red Scare.
Are you trying deny that the FACT being presented was, that the region is actually more athiest than anything?

Give it up-you LOST that one (too).

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#125004 Feb 23, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So Jesus fathered children?
There's me thinking that sex outside of marriage was tabboo.
You forget that Christians believe the gods can break rules they make for humans.
Do as I say, not as I do.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125005 Feb 23, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely
She was the one who raised the whole Ukraine issue in response to what I said.
Being too cowardly to accept responsibility for her initial idiocy, she now changes tack and makes herself look even more stupid.
The realms of which You can only ever DREAM and pretend to be, loser.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125006 Feb 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? You've read her baby babble, hypocrisy and back-peddling. When did making herself look even more stupid become a change of tack?
Is that a short handled horse shit shovel you have in your hand, or a long handled one?

(because you sure are full of nothing but!)

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#125007 Feb 23, 2014
Kinda Sick of it All wrote:
I challenge everyone to read the Bible cover to cover before making a decision of it's worth.
I trust you feel the same about all the other books that men claim were written or inspired by the creator of our universe.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125008 Feb 23, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong-you're just some sort of twisted and distorted bigoted nutcase, obsessed with hating anything that differs from your twisted distortions, with poor reading comprehension as well.
And just for the record-compare the statements below to what I REALLY posted (NOT what you've twisted and distorted)..
----------
Rice said President Barack Obama had told Putin that the United States and Russia have a shared interest in keeping Ukraine unified and independent.
She said,“It’s not in the interest of Ukraine or of Russia or of Europe or of the United States to see a country split. It’s in nobody’s interests to see violence return and the situation escalate.”
She added that “there is not an inherent contradiction between a Ukraine that has longstanding historic and cultural ties to Russia, and a modern Ukraine that wants to integrate more closely with Europe.”
Ukraine depends on Russia, its neighbor to its east, for most of its natural gas and oil supplies. Russia also has a naval base at Sebastopol in the Ukrainian province of Crimea.
Ukraine also is facing a potential sovereign debt crisis and the possibility of default.
----------
Proving once again-FACTS are FACTS, at least when SANE and Rational people are reading them.
Still waiting for you to explain what it had to do with the conversation?
Your backtracking is only make you look more like a liar. If you simply made a mistake, it could easily be forgiven. But when you defend the mistake with a coverup, it makes you just a liar with no ethics. Thus we tend to stop believing anything that you write.
You see, it takes no command from god to know reasons for being good. In fact, it certainly seems the commands are ignored so much by the believers that it shows making moral demands is futile and often counterproductive. It is far more productive to teach the real world consequences of immoral actions.
Not being listened to is the consequence you must bear.

Cambridge, UK

#125009 Feb 23, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So what there were eye witness accounts of every detail. It was a completely new Church under heavy persecution. The Gospel was passed on orally until the task of the scribes was tackled.
Chinese whispers....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125010 Feb 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So now you are justifying being nasty? You really have massive contradictory ideas. And that is why I would never take your advise. It is the same reason I do not take advice from the bible.
I wouldn't offer it to start with...because I KNOW better.

And it's not my problem, if my DECENCY, ETHICS, real (not imagined) merit and humaneness bothers you, it's YOURS, because I refuse to follow unethical CORRUPTION, indecency, and meritless anything.

and I REALLY do NOT care, what the likes of anything that does, thinks, because I don't wish to be associated with the type of stuff that disregards and/or disrespects such...not one bit.

Cambridge, UK

#125011 Feb 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, Khatru... be nice. It takes all kinds to make a world and I'm sure she's someone's perfect 'little woman'. There's no need to be brutal even if it is honesty.
I'm nice most times but I just felt like this one needed a more caustic approach.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125012 Feb 23, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying deny that the FACT being presented was, that the region is actually more athiest than anything?
It has nothing to do with the topic you budded your nose into.
You posted an irrelevant story. Can you at least admit that?
The region has a lot of mustaches also.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125013 Feb 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, so your comment had absolutely nothing to do with what we were discussing? My bad.
It usually is, whether you admit it or not.

Cambridge, UK

#125014 Feb 23, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong-you're just some sort of twisted and distorted bigoted nutcase, obsessed with hating anything that differs from your twisted distortions, with poor reading comprehension as well.
And just for the record-compare the statements below to what I REALLY posted (NOT what you've twisted and distorted)..
----------
Rice said President Barack Obama had told Putin that the United States and Russia have a shared interest in keeping Ukraine unified and independent.
She said,“It’s not in the interest of Ukraine or of Russia or of Europe or of the United States to see a country split. It’s in nobody’s interests to see violence return and the situation escalate.”
She added that “there is not an inherent contradiction between a Ukraine that has longstanding historic and cultural ties to Russia, and a modern Ukraine that wants to integrate more closely with Europe.”
Ukraine depends on Russia, its neighbor to its east, for most of its natural gas and oil supplies. Russia also has a naval base at Sebastopol in the Ukrainian province of Crimea.
Ukraine also is facing a potential sovereign debt crisis and the possibility of default.
----------
Proving once again-FACTS are FACTS, at least when SANE and Rational people are reading them.
Grow a backbone and accept responsibility for your own dumb posts.

Coward

Cambridge, UK

#125015 Feb 23, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're still demonstrating that you're too stupid to learn.
BTW Petsmart has a special offer on brain transplants this week
They take both greenStamps and food stamps as payment...
It's a $6.95 special , getem while they last.
Moreover , they give discounts to the mentally imcapacitated.
In your case you can go for their premium package and get it for under $4.00
Includes Anal installation...With a chainsaw
Are you Amber Apostle's husband?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125016 Feb 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not see it as virtue to sell something that is a vague promise you cannot even show is real.
I responded to the post. Maybe next time put your disclaimers in with it and show who said it, which you failed to do with the quote in question.
That's because it's only evident to those who know, life on earth doesn't have to be spent trying to inflict hell onto others.

Something you have YET to figure out apparently.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125018 Feb 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have an issue with calling it secular, as I just said stupid. I said specifically what I have a problem with. Can you not read? By definition of the word, it is not secular. Again, maybe you should look up the word.
None of them were text from the bibilcal "religious" book.

And there's not a damn thing you can do about THAT fact..."stupid".

Cambridge, UK

#125019 Feb 23, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not denying that.

What I'm denying is your assertion that atheists are killing atheists in arguments over who believes in god the least.

By the way, let's not forget that the German region that killed millions of Jews was far more Christian than the Ukraine is Atheist.

Cambridge, UK

#125020 Feb 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You forget that Christians believe the gods can break rules they make for humans.
Do as I say, not as I do.
Yes, the little sheepies follow on blindly.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125021 Feb 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I never said that, nor believe it. Common sense is a misnomer. It is very common for Christians to read and believe the bible verbatim. So is that common sense? What is common about the sense you speak of?
I do not believe it verbatim, but I will debate what it says verbatim to show the verbatim believers it is false.
Now, we were talking about believing the bible verbatim. You wished all who read the bible have common sense. Now care to tell us what that common sense would tell a person? Would it tell them to believe it verbatim?
Fact is, you stuck your foot in your mouth, and now as usual, you are lying to get out of it.
I don't have lie to get out of anything, because I haven't done anything.

So you can go Fk off, you egomaniacal ignorant psycho jerk.

Cambridge, UK

#125022 Feb 23, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The realms of which You can only ever DREAM and pretend to be, loser.
Tell me again why you believe that atheists in Ukraine are killing each other in arguments over who believes in god the least.....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125023 Feb 23, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not denying that.
What I'm denying is your assertion that atheists are killing atheists in arguments over who believes in god the least.
By the way, let's not forget that the German region that killed millions of Jews was far more Christian than the Ukraine is Atheist.
FACT: The region has a large atheist population.

Is that simple, retiterated, DUHMED down to a ONE liner too difficult for you to comprehend?

That's why there's Reading Comprehension 101 courses if it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John woman 5 min Just shut up 11
A New Word Game~Four Words. (Jun '10) 10 min OMyU812 270
I just played by myself 1 hr J L Warren 23
Timmy Jordan 1 hr Lol 6
What does the Koran say about Jesus? 1 hr TwinThready 11
Bible study rules for public school proposed 1 hr TwinThready 1
New Basketball Coach 1 hr phil 5
Shooting 13 hr Quantummist 8

Barbourville Jobs

Personal Finance