Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151831 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

CircuscircusIswe Smert

Manchester, KY

#124632 Feb 20, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, pointing out when Sista and the religies are grossly wrong is hating on them because it isn't 'forgiving' to not let them slide merrily along. Oh, yeah.. I suppose 'forgiving' vs.'forgiven' is a taboo subject too, isn't it?
Speaking of which - did you find those Noah passages yet, 70? NO? I'm so surprised.
Singularity algorithm theories
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilico volcanoconiosis
palmitoyloleoylphosphatidyleth anolamine
depolarizability
hypovitaminosises ,,,,

Is we smert enuf fer duhhhhh circus now?
Killing Monsters

Mckee, KY

#124633 Feb 20, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
what verse?
Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Circles and spheres don't have corners.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124634 Feb 20, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Fret not--Maybe Chromolio can show you what the word "shared" means. Then you can move onto learning a NEW word!!!
"Shared" is not salvaging your situation. For someone who has endorsed sex ed in schools, you display remarkable ignorance.
It isn't just about knowing words and making them over into baby babble, Sista. You also should know what they mean. Since you are keen on a vocabulary lesson, how about this one:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dig...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124635 Feb 20, 2014
CircuscircusIsweSmert wrote:
<quoted text>
Singularity algorithm theories
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilico volcanoconiosis
palmitoyloleoylphosphatidyleth anolamine
depolarizability
hypovitaminosises ,,,,
Is we smert enuf fer duhhhhh circus now?
I expected multiple personality disorder, lysergic acid diethylamide and supercalifragilisticexpialidoc ious to top your list, but those would have had more relevance, and we simply can't tolerate that sort of behavior in your posts, now can we, Sista?
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#124636 Feb 20, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Shared" is not salvaging your situation. For someone who has endorsed sex ed in schools, you display remarkable ignorance.
It isn't just about knowing words and making them over into baby babble, Sista. You also should know what they mean. Since you are keen on a vocabulary lesson, how about this one:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dig...
We could ADD that one to the kindergarten sandbox repertoire of big world words, that's a nice word.
And we could also add that it should NOT be confused with -

Adj. 1. prideful - having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy;

Because there certainly IS a huge difference, eh Chromolio?
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124637 Feb 20, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"Plausible explanation"?
As if your filling the gaps in our knowledge with your ju-ju is?
No I/m not.. You Atheists have filled in the gaps of your knowledge with nothing.
That is why you are unable and incapable of defending your faith.
You still standing around a mud puddle waiting for lightning to strike and create life?
Bring a lot of supplies and make sure you have an overabundance of patience.
Forever is along long time......And that is how long you will be waiting
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124638 Feb 20, 2014
Killing Monsters wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, by self-hypnosis, believing bullcrap because it makes you feel special and like there's some light at the end of the tunnel if you just follow some rules designed by despots that basically wanted to molest little girls and have their offering plates filled when, in actuallity, if you adhere to their strictures to the letter you'll only be blowing the only real chance you get to enjoy any kind of life ( unless you're one of the despots that benefits from having everyone else blow theirs ); and confirmation biases ( http://youtu.be/SoCqftOYHX4 ).
WOW ,You are quite adept at demonstrating your ignorance in so few words.
Is that a natural attribue or did your EKU professor responsible for that useless nonquality that you posses?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#124639 Feb 20, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You Atheists have filled in the gaps of your knowledge with nothing.
Yes, that's called being honest. When you don't know something, you say you don't know, and you try to find the answer.

You, on the other hand, make up an answer to make yourself feel better. You're no different than people who didn't know what caused lightning and said "It's Zeus!" or didn't know what caused earthquakes and said "God is angry and shaking the Earth!"

Your username is ironic, because you lack curiousity.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124640 Feb 20, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No I/m not.. You Atheists have filled in the gaps of your knowledge with nothing.
That is why you are unable and incapable of defending your faith.
You still standing around a mud puddle waiting for lightning to strike and create life?
Bring a lot of supplies and make sure you have an overabundance of patience.
Forever is along long time......And that is how long you will be waiting
Recognizing that a gap of knowledge IS a gap of knowledge can hardly be regarded as a fault, curious. Filling those gaps with superstition and then turning a blind faith eye to research is nothing to brag about.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124641 Feb 20, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
We could ADD that one to the kindergarten sandbox repertoire of big world words, that's a nice word.
And we could also add that it should NOT be confused with -
Adj. 1. prideful - having or showing arrogant superiority to and disdain of those one views as unworthy;
Because there certainly IS a huge difference, eh Chromolio?
I don't confuse prideful with dignity, just as I don't confuse vagina with urethra or religion with knowledge.
So you place the blame on being prideful for that which prevents you from admitting ignorance and hypocrisy then, Sista. Isn't honesty refreshing?
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124642 Feb 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The athists are unhappy people, haters who want to make everyone miserable. I know where there bitterness and misery comes from so I feel sorry for them.
I beliweve they also know where their bitterness comes from ,but can not admit that as the cause.
Stak Rosch Atheist , wrote an article addressing the problems confronted by those who deconvert" Atheism has A Suicide problem , where he talks about suicide and mental depression among those who deconvert. He states that upon deconversion ,they feel lonely , abandoned and feel completely lost.
We know what caused those events ,their rejection of God .
Stak has attempted to help those who are afflicted by these maladies but, Atheists refuse to admit these problems exist . Well , there is Scientific evidence to support his opinion ,but Atheists can not admit that deconversion can have such a ruinous effect on one's life.
And although he is trying to help , his efforts are totally misguided .
He admits the problems exists , but refuses to acknowledge the cause.
another failure of atheism is the fact that they have started a church movement based on the tradition of Christianity ,they would like to have the same benefits that christianity provides to members of our faith,,,,But, natuirally , they leave God out of the equation ,unable to understand that what Christianity offers to Christians is based on their belief in God and Christ...
So,Atheists try to correct their failures by emulating the success of Christianity ,except they leave out the Engine that moves Christianity ,,,, God..........
Their foolishness is quite obvious , even to a blind man..........
But then,those who do not want to see ,will not see
Killing Monsters

Mckee, KY

#124643 Feb 20, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW ,You are quite adept at demonstrating your ignorance in so few words.
Is that a natural attribue or did your EKU professor responsible for that useless nonquality that you posses?
Everything I said was compelely accurate. I know you don't know the difference between what's real and what isn't, but you're a firmly believing Christian, so that is to be expected.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124644 Feb 20, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's called being honest. When you don't know something, you say you don't know, and you try to find the answer.
You, on the other hand, make up an answer to make yourself feel better. You're no different than people who didn't know what caused lightning and said "It's Zeus!" or didn't know what caused earthquakes and said "God is angry and shaking the Earth!"
Your username is ironic, because you lack curiousity.
You just added another chapter to your voluminous amount of gibberish .
I , on the other hand , have 5 fingers ......
Honesty is somewhat an alien topic to atheists , I don't Make up answers , I provided my reasons , which you are not able to cope with ,therefor your misrepresentation of my beliefs.
And I have no problem with people claiming that they don't know whaT THE ANSWER IS.
tHE PROBLEM IS THAT , iF YOU DON'T KNOW , then you can not claim to know that I am wrong.
You Atheists stand logic on it's head , you claim to not know the answer , but claim to know God is not the answer.
Moreover , your efforts and excuses in order to avoid answering the questions I have posed, are futile.
I never asked you for an (I know answer) I asked you f as to why you believe as you do , regarding the creation of life,intelligence and consciousness AND you got nothing to respond with'
So you not only don't know , but can't even produce a reason for your beliefs and faith.
A faith that can not be defended is worthless..........
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124646 Feb 20, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Recognizing that a gap of knowledge IS a gap of knowledge can hardly be regarded as a fault, curious. Filling those gaps with superstition and then turning a blind faith eye to research is nothing to brag about.
Glad that you aren't ignoring me ,now if you would only stop demonstreating your ignorance.
superstition and blind faith is the weak bond that attempts to hold your faith together...
That is why you atheists aRE INCAPABLE OF DEFENDING IT

Location hidden

#124647 Feb 20, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You just added another chapter to your voluminous amount of gibberish .
Posts aren't "gibberish" just because you're too dumb to understand them.
Curious wrote:
Honesty is somewhat an alien topic to atheists , I don't Make up answers , I provided my reasons , which you are not able to cope with ,therefor your misrepresentation of my beliefs.
Religion IS made up answers.
Curious wrote:
And I have no problem with people claiming that they don't know whaT THE ANSWER IS.
tHE PROBLEM IS THAT , iF YOU DON'T KNOW , then you can not claim to know that I am wrong.
This is nonsense. You can eliminate possibilities without knowing the correct answer.

If we were presented with a shoebox and asked to guess what was inside, and you said "an elephant", I'd know you were wrong without having to know what is actually inside the box.

Location hidden

#124648 Feb 20, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
superstition and blind faith is the weak bond that attempts to hold your faith together...
Superstition and blind faith are what your entire religion is built upon. Well, that and ignorance.
Truth

Chesapeake, VA

#124649 Feb 20, 2014
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
that is the whole purpose of teaching the word of God is to teach people about God and how to be saved,! After all, the Bible is Gods word, believe it or not.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124650 Feb 20, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad that you aren't ignoring me ,now if you would only stop demonstreating your ignorance.
That is why you atheists aRE INCAPABLE OF DEFENDING IT
<shrug> Sometimes I reply when you address my moniker and sometimes you just write things that I feel like commenting on. You used to say that you were putting people "on ignore." I ignore or comment on who what when and where I choose. I guess that you finagle replies as some honored recognition. You'd be wrong.
You are delusional. There is no atheist "faith", so there is nothing to defend.
Killing Monsters

Mckee, KY

#124651 Feb 20, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>that is the whole purpose of teaching the word of God is to teach people about God and how to be saved,! After all, the Bible is Gods word, believe it or not.
No, it's not. It's the WORDS of priests that wanted to be rich as kings and to molest little virgin girls while pulling the wool over the eyes of those stupid enough to believe in it.

This video points out exactly where your god came from, whether or not you're too brainwashed to believe it ( http://youtu.be/kZY2eeozdo8 via http://www.youtube.com/user/bdwilson1000 ).
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124652 Feb 20, 2014
Killing Monsters wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I said was compelely accurate. I know you don't know the difference between what's real and what isn't, but you're a firmly believing Christian, so that is to be expected.
pre K , Hope they paid you to take that course at EKU. If it wes free ,you wasted your time ,If you had to pay for it , they stole your money under false pretenses

some sound advice for you and your foolish professor .
Tis better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool , than to open it and remove all doubt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where TC go 4 min drunk love 5
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 10 min kcms 44
Ronnie Jackson 18 yrs old 1 hr tax payer 3
Police: Woman arrested after passing out in car 1 hr Big Daddy 12
Lay Principal 2 hr HerMom 2
Where is Crystal Woolum 9 hr someone 2
Higher Property Taxes 10 hr taxpayer 17

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance