Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148963 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124379 Feb 17, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/reality-s...
Especially guised in the name of "entertainment."
(some laws just ought to be double reinforced--NO excuses!)
Those are called natural laws.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124380 Feb 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> There you go talking that Gay- Theist shyt again..you just can't help yourself huh? doesn't surprise me.. your cult is based on immoral acts..
grow up.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#124381 Feb 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
grow up.
I doubt you have any right to tell anyone to grow up!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124382 Feb 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I doubt you have any right to tell anyone to grow up!
I don't much care what you doubt.
I also don't much believe in the great Pixie in the sky and the devil monster under the bed, and I don't go around spouting "You're gay!" like some 6th grader on a playground.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124383 Feb 17, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
To the museum of natural science in Manhattan .
http://www.amnh.org/learn-teach/grades-6-8

Location hidden

#124384 Feb 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I also don't much believe in the great Pixie in the sky and the devil monster under the bed, and I don't go around spouting "You're gay!" like some 6th grader on a playground.
I never called anyone gay did i? ole spaceship sure does talk about it a lot tho, so one has to wonder..much believe?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124385 Feb 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I never called anyone gay did i? ole spaceship sure does talk about it a lot tho, so one has to wonder..much believe?
meh. "Gay-theist cult"? Whatever.
I'll grant you that spaceship has said some rude crap, and so has just about everyone else.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124386 Feb 17, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Post!
I have concluded the Atheist wants to argue and insult the Faith Community. They are not in the least bit interested in what a Christian has to say. They have convinced themselves they know it all.
I would say By and large they are about as useless as a tiny spec of sludge on the bottom of a New Jersey scum swamp.
There is a vast difference between what Jesus was alleged to have said and what "Christians" say. That is the source of the argument and insult.

Location hidden

#124387 Feb 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a vast difference between what Jesus was alleged to have said and what "Christians" say. That is the source of the argument and insult.
Not that it matters, but i agree with you totally on that..
just here to lol

Hazard, KY

#124388 Feb 17, 2014
All be introduced to Horus:
- Egyptian god worshipped since 2200B.C.
- Born of a virgin
- Had 12 disciples
- Healed the sick and injured
- Raised Asar from the dead (“Asar” translates to “Lazarus”)
- Crucified, then resurrected after 3 days
- Known as “the lamb”,“the way”,“the light”

….doesn’t seem so original now, does it?
Apostle Begotten of I AM

Versailles, KY

#124389 Feb 17, 2014
It's appropriate to give Christians the support in the word, you shouldn't burn books or take away the availability of the Bible and the good it brings as opposed to a Natzi version of Justice but even when we were sinners Christ died for us so all need the scriptures.
I know that I have aligned my good behavior to what the Holy Spirit helped me to know and comforted me in my despair before I fully came to living in grace and peace in Christ Jesus.
I believe my life would have been so much better if I had prayer in school and the Bible study that I am in now.
I fell for some awful things that people have used and abused in besetting me up to be afflicted, as if it were to deliver me unto satin for the destruction of the flesh or as a persecution because I never denied Christ.
I know my old feelings of accusation and unfairness of judgement by the hand of unworthy people who by worldly means have justified their acts but I also know in Christ my deliverance is near as the truth will set you free.
I am under God who is in control of my life not man as Christ is my leader and King as much as he is everything to me in the Holy Spirit my peace he gives unto me in my Spirit who I give my concerns to, as now I know the way in The Lord and even though I suffer as the first followers of Christ for my out spoken behavior being outside the gates to jewish believers as even outside Christian gates to be who I am for The Lord!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#124390 Feb 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are called natural laws.
There aint n-o-t-h-i-n-g natural (OR good) about that HARMFUL to self (AND others)CRAZINESS.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#124391 Feb 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God.

Because there's already wayyyy too much of that absolute abject IGNORANCE floating around.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#124392 Feb 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I never called anyone gay did i? ole spaceship sure does talk about it a lot tho, so one has to wonder..much believe?
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I told you before, you're a dingleberry not huckleberry.. you're a Gay -theist and have no redeemable social qualities..
Doesn't take much to show you are a liar and a idiot. No one has to wonder about what you're after, name like pusherman , being in and out of jail, drugs. Your posts show you have a lot to learn about being socialize into society. Like chrome said. grow up.
just here to lol

Hazard, KY

#124393 Feb 17, 2014
Apostle Begotten of I AM wrote:
It's appropriate to give Christians the support in the word, you shouldn't burn books or take away the availability of the Bible and the good it brings as opposed to a Natzi version of Justice but even when we were sinners Christ died for us so all need the scriptures.
...yeah, yeah, yeah. Jesus died for my sins, I still really haven't gotten over that...and thanks Christians for reminding me of that, yet again by the way.
I do feel somewhat guilty that I'm not more grateful to Jesus, but...I just wish he'd taken the trouble to ask me before he went a head with it...because, now I feel like I'm being billed for something that I didn't order.
...and that is the deal, isn't it, if your a Christian...your born already into debt to Jesus. And, it's a debt that you can only repay in full by dying....spooky, spooky, spooky....that's some deal you got yourselves into there....
that's like being ask to pay off a mortgage on a house that you already own.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124394 Feb 17, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
There aint n-o-t-h-i-n-g natural (OR good) about that HARMFUL to self (AND others)CRAZINESS.
There ain't nothing natural about falling out from a snakebite? You think maybe that rattler was genetically engineered, huh? Maybe you've watched Bladerunner just one time too many.
Lots of people go to church, Sista. All that guy did was take crazy to the next level. Nothing unnatural about that - you've seen what "natural" comments curious, 70 and YaA are capable of.
Amber

Versailles, KY

#124395 Feb 17, 2014
Apostle Begotten of I AM wrote:

I know that I have aligned my good behavior to what the Holy Spirit helped me to know and comforted me in my despair before I fully came to living in grace and peace in Christ Jesus.
I believe my life would have been so much better if I had prayer in school and the Bible study that I am in now.

I fell for some awful things that people have used and abused in besetting me up to be afflicted, as if it were to deliver me unto satin for the destruction of the flesh or as a persecution because I never denied Christ.

I know my old feelings of accusation and unfairness of judgement by the hand of unworthy people who by worldly means have justified their acts but I also know in Christ my deliverance is near as the truth will set you free.

I am under God who is in control of my life not man as Christ is my leader and King as much as he is everything to me in the Holy Spirit my peace he gives unto me in my Spirit who I give my concerns to, as now I know the way in The Lord and even though I suffer as the first followers of Christ for my out spoken behavior being outside the gates to jewish believers as even outside Christian gates to be who I am for The Lord!
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124396 Feb 17, 2014
just here to lol wrote:
<quoted text>
...yeah, yeah, yeah. Jesus died for my sins, I still really haven't gotten over that...and thanks Christians for reminding me of that, yet again by the way.
I do feel somewhat guilty that I'm not more grateful to Jesus, but...I just wish he'd taken the trouble to ask me before he went a head with it...because, now I feel like I'm being billed for something that I didn't order.
...and that is the deal, isn't it, if your a Christian...your born already into debt to Jesus. And, it's a debt that you can only repay in full by dying....spooky, spooky, spooky....that's some deal you got yourselves into there....
that's like being ask to pay off a mortgage on a house that you already own.
Don't sweat the guilt trip. According to Christians, Jesus was only dead for 3 days, and he's been in full remission for over 2000 years.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124397 Feb 17, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank God.
Because there's already wayyyy too much of that absolute abject IGNORANCE floating around.
450,000 Christian churches just in the US.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124398 Feb 17, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Doesn't take much to show you are a liar and a idiot. No one has to wonder about what you're after, name like pusherman , being in and out of jail, drugs. Your posts show you have a lot to learn about being socialize into society. Like chrome said. grow up.
Well, given that all you have to do is sneeze the wrong way and some do gooder will try to make it against the law, I don't see that being in and out of jail is that uncommon in the US. As far as drugs - coffee, cigarettes, beer.. and what are the stats on the number of Americans that have tried pot? It isn't so much where someone's been or what they've done, it's what they've learned from it. Looks to me like the religies have learned to show elbows and aholes flying in full retreat from reality with hair on end and tails between legs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yolanda 15 min Cray 2
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 17 min Soldier 24
What has the east Barbourville pastor done ? 59 min yep 16
Msc topic disappeared wonder why lol??? 1 hr Do you know 9
TreadzTireCenter 1 hr James 8
Kentucky holds hearing on proposed health overhaul 1 hr for non-voters only 1
Jo Ore 1 hr Laughing 6
KCHS principal 2 hr Gravy 27
Three liquor stores in bville 4 hr really 10
More from around the web