Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 161230 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#124286 Feb 15, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised the Catholic Church accepted a lot of pagan teachings introduced by the Pagan Roman Emperor Constantine who clamed to convert to Christianity although he was not baptized until his deathbed. So it's no surprise that they accepted the theory (wild guess) of evolution.
Christianity is pagan, pagan.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124287 Feb 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are changing the subject.
I told you where to find your answer about Noah's divine inspiration. Do you have a Bible? Do you know how to read scripture?
I'm steering you back to the subject you are running from. Book chapter and verse Bubba. Until you can cough up where the Bible says what you've stated, don't try to pretend or boast that you know how to read scripture.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124288 Feb 15, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised the Catholic Church accepted a lot of pagan teachings introduced by the Pagan Roman Emperor Constantine who clamed to convert to Christianity although he was not baptized until his deathbed. So it's no surprise that they accepted the theory (wild guess) of evolution.
meh. Paganism in Christianity started with Paul AKA Saul the huckster..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124289 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am not a fan of the catholics! They made mistranslations worse by writing the way they wanted it written..
"There are pixies among the daffodils" versus "There are fairies among the gladiolus"

Yeah, I can see how mistranslation makes a world of difference....

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#124290 Feb 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that an atheist claims there is no God?
What that means is the atheist has covered the entire universe and verified this as a fact.
That is what I call "blind faith".
Wrong.

Atheists claim that there are no gods.

Plural you see, not singular.

Cambridge, UK

#124291 Feb 15, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
The Bible shows there can only be one true religion. One Faith, one baptism, one Lord, one God and father of the Lord Jesus Christ. And the Apostle Paul agrees saying at 2 Timothy 3:16 all scripture is inspired of God and is beneficial for teaching, reproving for correcting, and for setting things straight. If every religion would apply that then there would be only one religion. Jesus said you received free give free. If all the Preachers applied that...
Can you prove you have the true religion or you part of Babylon the Great? ANYBODY.
The claims made in the Bible are no more relevant than those made in the Koran, Gita and any of the other many books written/inspired by the creator of the universe.

Cambridge, UK

#124292 Feb 15, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is comment is totally incorrect: Isaiah a prophet in Israel said there is one who dwells above the CIRCLE of the earth. The Hebrews knew the earth was round when those who believed in Greek mythology are the ones who believed the earth was flat and it was supported by four elephants standing on a giant sea turtle who swam around in an endless sea.
Do research and get your facts straight before you post. There are some who will believe whatever is posted believing it is true. Please don't mislead people
A circle is flat.

A sphere is round.

Basic geometry that appears to be beyond your deity's comprehension.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#124293 Feb 15, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"There are pixies among the daffodils" versus "There are fairies among the gladiolus"
Yeah, I can see how mistranslation makes a world of difference....
Bout F-KN time!! yuns are a bunch of conceited [email protected]@ds ain't ya! judging your own comments!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124294 Feb 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are changing the subject.
I told you where to find your answer about Noah's divine inspiration. Do you have a Bible? Do you know how to read scripture?
And BTW, "Noah's divine inspiration" (Gen 6:13-14) was never mentioned in our conversations. THAT is disingenuously changing the subject. The statements you made were that Noah was mocked and that he invited others besides his immediate family aboard.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124296 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Bout F-KN time!! yuns are a bunch of conceited [email protected]@ds ain't ya! judging your own comments!
Could you clarify that? I'm not following your train of thought here...
I was trying to convey that it doesn't make any difference what the Bible says according to _________,since it's mostly make-believe (pixies/fairies) with a few historical references (daffodils/gladiolus) as a backdrop.
I told Sista I put "nuts and clueless" judgits on my own posts, but have you ever tried to judge your own posts? It doesn't work.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124297 Feb 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't run from anything you never read what I told you to read because if you did you would have your answer.
Now I suppose you are still claiming you have personally uncovered the entire universe and are here to confirm to everyone there is no God. Isn't that interesting.
You are still trying to run from the challenge you've established for yourself. I provided the specific book chapter and verses for "Noah's divine inspiration." Why are you so irascibly refusing to back up your own statements?
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#124298 Feb 15, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I do say hypocrite. If Christians liked real science you wouldn't be visiting AiG and DI for your disinformation. Christians rationalized Noah's sons as cause for slavery, and as I've pointed out numerous times, the Southern Baptist Conference was ESTABLISHED to be anti-abolitionist. You think that the entirety of the cosmos was made by a superhuman... I can't think of a better example of hating science. There doesn't seem to be enough money on Earth for you to buy a clue.#5 & #6; see "Can you say "Hypocrite"???? "
Not true!
You have only to show one case where Irreducible complexity of life could possibly "Evolve" without twisting the evidence to meet your agenda!

Mike posted something last year about how a Flagellum "Evolved".... it was as ludicrous
as Obamacare's 3.3milion insured projections!

Noah's sons had nothing to do with slavery, as it was Noah himself that cursed his son...
Not God!

Nothing in science proves, or disapproves God's existence... NOTHING!

Knowing God is real, as I do.... Nothing you have can Prove God is false!

The funny thing is.... Atheists spend too much time on here proving our Bible, and
God True, and we thank you guys for bolstering our beliefs, but we don't need it!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#124299 Feb 15, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You call me a liar and a hypocrite yet failed to show me as one.
But I guess your blind faith is all you need.
Hahaha!
No... you are the Blind one....
You cannot even see Evilution has NOTHING to do with science!
It is a Religion... a Faith based belief system!
It'd be funny, if it weren't sad!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124301 Feb 15, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not true!
You have only to show one case where Irreducible complexity of life could possibly "Evolve" without twisting the evidence to meet your agenda!
Mike posted something last year about how a Flagellum "Evolved".... it was as ludicrous
as Obamacare's 3.3milion insured projections!
Noah's sons had nothing to do with slavery, as it was Noah himself that cursed his son...
Not God!
Nothing in science proves, or disapproves God's existence... NOTHING!
Knowing God is real, as I do.... Nothing you have can Prove God is false!
The funny thing is.... Atheists spend too much time on here proving our Bible, and
God True, and we thank you guys for bolstering our beliefs, but we don't need it!
Irreducible complexity is nothing more than a polysyllabic apologist slogan. You won't read about it in a biology syllabus because there is no science behind it.
I'm not here to discuss the AHCA, except to say that people who have faith and believe in Fox News and RedState are idol worshipers without the slightest willingness or ability to think for themselves. Babble thumpers.
Christians used Noah's son Ham as an excuse that slavery was moral. Some even claimed that Ham was the father of the black race.
Nothing in science disproves pixies among the daffodils, either.
If you think that atheists prove the Bible is real, you did WAAAAY more drugs than you claim you did.
All you need for religion is faith - you can believe anything about anything and say anything about anything, then puff your chest out and heroically proclaim it's "God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven".
AKA Bullshit.
Attaboy, Deputy Fife.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124303 Feb 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You refused to attend Church so I refuse to give you what you want.
I gave you a hint, it is in the New Testament.
You do not dictate to me anything.
Just keep claiming you as an atheist has uncovered all knowledge in the universe and found there is no God.
You continue to refuse to provide a Bible quote.. HMMM.
Interesting attitude for a supposed Christian.

Cambridge, UK

#124304 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Seemingly i guess, I tend to quote the Bible when it fits a particular post. I got a few chapters i need to reread so i can make sure my quoting is correct. i made one yesterday that i am unsure of, not wrong, just where the credit was due is where i may have made a mistake.
Fair enough.

It's just that I seem to recall you agreeing that no one religion has a monopoly on morality and in fact, that other "holy books" are also of relevance.

Cambridge, UK

#124305 Feb 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am not a fan of the catholics! They made mistranslations worse by writing the way they wanted it written..
Yes, they put the Bible together in accordance to their agenda. I don't believed the Protestants changed it much other than to junk a few books.

Having said that, if you're truly spiritual, it shouldn't make any difference whether a book is canonical or not.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#124306 Feb 15, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you clarify that? I'm not following your train of thought here...
I was trying to convey that it doesn't make any difference what the Bible says according to _________,since it's mostly make-believe (pixies/fairies) with a few historical references (daffodils/gladiolus) as a backdrop.
I told Sista I put "nuts and clueless" judgits on my own posts, but have you ever tried to judge your own posts? It doesn't work.
Dude, i don't know what the he11 i'm saying half the time. i don't see the logic in some truth backed up by lies and falsehood.i was just looking thru my study Bible and i noticed a lot of stuff that are in ancient writings are not in updated versions, it gets more and more confusing as man applies his hand to it seems like. I doubt the truth will ever be known until ones own number being called and isn't it ironic that when one does find out, he can never let it be known..Crazy man!

Cambridge, UK

#124308 Feb 15, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm steering you back to the subject you are running from. Book chapter and verse Bubba. Until you can cough up where the Bible says what you've stated, don't try to pretend or boast that you know how to read scripture.
I asked him to do a similar thing and he ran away.

In my case, SevenTee stated that the Bible claimed it was" free from error". I asked him to show me where in the Bible this was.

He never did.

Proving that he's just making things up as he goes along.

Oh yeah, he also referred to Jesus as the lawgiver.

When asked, he also failed to point out these laws of Jesus.

Cambridge, UK

#124309 Feb 15, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't run from anything you never read what I told you to read because if you did you would have your answer.
Now I suppose you are still claiming you have personally uncovered the entire universe and are here to confirm to everyone there is no God. Isn't that interesting.

Run Run Run
Jo Jo Gunne 1972

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsey Lancaster 32 min Terry 6
Kristian 34 min knocked up 1
Sprinkles firing 30 teachers but keeps making j... 1 hr Dave 12
Knox school for knox 1 hr Mad 32
Ray and brian 1 hr Gonner 1
landlord complaint 1 hr Therealbitchplease 3
Amy and John mills 2 hr Crazy 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance