Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143143 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124217 Feb 14, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> If we were talking about pixies in daffodils your response might be right, but seeing how we're not, i don't see where your post makes any sense. I know some old people that have been Godly their whole life and i assure you, they aren't scared of any boogieman in the closet but they fear God and what he can do to them after death..Who am I or anyone to tell them pixies in the daffodils?
The poor old folks are frightened of what their god will do to them after they die.... Well, that sounds REAL healthy. 0.o
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#124218 Feb 14, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true... I am constantly reading, studying, and researching to try and disprove that god doesn't exist, but my logic wins out every single time.
I'm here to see if you can sway me, so far, you have failed miserably.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, So you are here to see if I CAN SWAY YOU.
Unfortunately,your postings do not reflect that statement.....Methinks you jest ,or , are trying to pull a con job , But ,I could be wrong And I do believe that Pusherman gave an appropriate answer to your desire to be swayed.
faith is not something that can be passed on to others.
That is the propaganda that atheists spout .Faith is personal and you can tell others about the basis for your faith , but the only one who can demonstrate His Exixtence Is God.
That is what Atheists are unable to grasp due to their unbelief.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#124219 Feb 14, 2014
If every answer to every question is answered with the word "faith" and, if all that is required is faith, then Christians, all Christians have failed miserably too!

Apparently the only time Christians possess this "faith" is when the waters are calm and the skies are blue. As soon as devastation or hardship hits and it's time to put that "faith" to work for them, suddenly, "faith" is not enough for them, e.g. A Christian family is driving to church, suddenly, without warning, they are involved in a terrible accident and their smallest child is critically injured. Do they rely on their "faith" and their "god" to take control of the situation, or do they rely on logic and reason and rush their child to the nearest hospital, and rely on the Attending Physician, the tools, the technology, and Science to do the work that their "faith" couldn't do?

United States of America

#124220 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>

All evidence points to Christ being crucified and buried in a tomb.
What evidence? Here is your opportunity to sway me.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#124221 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you do not believe in God or Christ , you attempt to explain the events surrounding Christ ,his ministry , his rising from the dead , how his Apostles saw and believed that he had risen , that the spirit was poured on them at pentecost ,as Christ had promised.
T he Christian Movement should have ended when it's leader was crucified,if it had been ordained by man.
No, it shouldn't. Religious belief isn't based on evidence or reason, but faith. It continues regardless of facts.

Harold Camping claimed to be a prophet and had many followers, yet when his prophecies failed, the followers didn't go away. Why not?

Joseph Smith is a confirmed con-man and we know through scientific means that many of his claims were false. Yet there are still millions upon millions of Mormons. Why?
Curious wrote:
The ressurection and the events at pentecost turned a group of cowards into men who knew that Christ had risen and risked life and freedom to proclaim his gospel.
This is church tradition, not history.
Curious wrote:
No, it doesn't. No evidence points to this fact. Only a story, which was written by people we know to creating myth.
Curious wrote:
If his ressurection was a hoax, it could have been proven , go to the tomb,bring out the body.
It could not have been proven. Jesus was a criminal and would have been thrown into a mass grave, where he would have rotted. No one would care to dig up a mass grave in order to prove some crazy locals wrong.
Curious wrote:
So an Atheist concocts a story that Jesus was buried in a mass grave , for which there is no evidemce
There's no evidence he was buried in a tomb, and it is contrary to Roman tradition. Criminals were put in mass graves or unmarked graves.
Curious wrote:
You also claim that the authorities would not have cared to disprove his rising from the dead.
most assuredly they did,but could not.
Most assuredly how? Because you say so?

United States of America

#124222 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>

The only thing worse than a liar, is a liar that's also a hypocrite!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#124223 Feb 14, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What's good for the goose, fella.
Who is anyone to tell anyone else that there IS a man-like omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, creator of everything Jewish god that no one has ever credibly seen, heard, felt, tasted or smelled - who is completely undetectable by any known means ever devised, then?
Merely believing in such a thing is not evidence, no matter how old they are or how many decades they've been listening to Pat Roberston and Billy Graham.
Yet here you are, attempting to look like a reasonable and open minded fence sitter, but in "reality" >telling< me that your God and your devil are real.
Exactly! I am telling you they're as real as your belief in them. your opinion, my opinion, billions of opinions for/against! we all have the right to express it.. Who is anyone to tell them they're not?

Location hidden

#124224 Feb 14, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence? Here is your opportunity to sway me.
Why do they try so hard to disprove it if the belief is he never existed? Do you believe Constantine was an actual man? Do think he sent his own mother in search of a Myth? Do you think he built Churches and shrines to a Myth? Do you think the slaughtering of "heretics" after the Church was started, was done to just wipe out a silly Myth so the Church could have total control? Do you see how hard them desert diggers try and disprove the Bible but find city after city that were mentioned in the Bible? remember now, the Bible itself is thought to be nothing but ficticious writings, if that were the case, why are they unearthing a lot of stuff mentioned in the Bible? to discredit one part, one would have to the whole book. Did you know there is an actual tomb of Moses and Aaron among others? The Bible is not so easily discredited as you might think.....

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#124225 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals were always using sexual reproduction , that is how they were made.
Man has always used sexual reproduction , that is how we were created .
Now we know that sexual reproduction is what keeps the continuation of our species.
What I want to know is when did evolution stop and sexual reproduction begin.
What are the origins of sex?
Where is the evidence that this transformation took place?
Science can not account for the origins of sex?
Enlighten us with facts
"The evolution of sex (and its accompanying reproductive capability) is not a favorite topic of discussion in most evolutionary circles, because no matter how many theories evolutionists conjure up (and there are several),
" they still must surmount the enormous hurdle of explaining the origin of the first fully functional female and the first fully functional male necessary to begin the process. "
Can you explain that?
You can't even quote me correctly when the words are written in front of you.
Animals did not ALWAYS use sex to reproduce.

I am sure the bible also has as many misquotes as yourself.

Location hidden

#124226 Feb 14, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor old folks are frightened of what their god will do to them after they die.... Well, that sounds REAL healthy. 0.o
You get the gist of what i meant, well maybe you don't and that doesn't surprise me. Fear Of The Lord Is The Beginning Of Wisdom.. Maybe that is a little more clearwater for ya!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124227 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals were always using sexual reproduction , that is how they were made.
Man has always used sexual reproduction , that is how we were created .
Now we know that sexual reproduction is what keeps the continuation of our species.
What I want to know is when did evolution stop and sexual reproduction begin.
What are the origins of sex?
Where is the evidence that this transformation took place?
Science can not account for the origins of sex?
Enlighten us with facts
"The evolution of sex (and its accompanying reproductive capability) is not a favorite topic of discussion in most evolutionary circles, because no matter how many theories evolutionists conjure up (and there are several),
" they still must surmount the enormous hurdle of explaining the origin of the first fully functional female and the first fully functional male necessary to begin the process. "
Can you explain that?
So you need science to answer all questions of life before you stop inserting your god into the gaps?

It would be an enormous hurdle to answer some questions. So why expect it to be at your fingertips?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124228 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No need totry and bring yaa into the conversation as a smokescreen . Yaa is not the topic
Your mental instability is.
That my post may not make sense to you can only be explained in 1 of 2 ways.
1) Lack of inyelligence
or
2)Not wanting to face reality
Take your choice
Given that you are back again enquiring about God ,I opt for choice number 2
So your measure of ones mental stability is your perception of a persons intelligence and beliefs?
Grab your pitchfork and burn some witches.

You wish me to face some supposed reality that you have absolutely zero evidence for?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#124229 Feb 14, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you remind me of that guy that built houses all his life and never was called a carpenter, but he sucked a dick one time and they called him a queer.. you are that one time..
Jesus was a queer and so is Satan. "Jesus said, "get behind me Satan, before Peter could shag him" . Jesus built houses for gays and was called a fisher of men. Get on you knees like a good fundie and and let Jesus fill you with his holy spirit. So you are afraid of a God you call Jesus, maybe he's to big for you to swallow.

Your Jesus was buried in a dump site by the Jews. That was common for criminals and queers to be dump in a garbage site and then burn with the garbage.

You should stop acting queer and hurt yourself sitting on that picket fence and get down with some real action with Jesus. Remember Satan has first dibs on Jesus and Peter is next, go figure. " Maybe Ted Haggard can be your mentor and let you cut in front of him.

You want to be a bride of Christ, then honor him with you lips. Not me!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124230 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you doubt that nothing ever existed but that Energy likely always existed , then we need to
identify this "energy" . Is it living , intelligent and conscious? Does it contain life within itself?
If so , then we can well understand how the Universe and life came into being.
Having those properties within itself and knowing how they work , this ENERGY is able to create and impart those properties to that which it creates.
If not living,intelligent and conscious , then how could this energy impart those properties which it does not have to that which is created by means of this energy?
Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist
The scientist is possessed by the sense of universal causation… His religious feeling takes the form of a rapturous amazement at the harmony of natural law, which reveals an intelligence of such superiority that, compared with it, all the systematic thinking and acting of human beings is an utterly insignificant reflection.
Stephen Hawking, theoretical physicist
The laws of science… contain many fundamental numbers, like the size of the electric charge of the electron and the ratio of the masses of the proton and the electron… The remarkable fact is that the values of these numbers seem to have been very finely adjusted to make possible the development of life.
Sir Fred Hoyle, astrophysicist
A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics, as well as with chemistry and biology, and that there are no blind forces worth speaking about in nature. The numbers one calculates seem to me so overwhelming as to put this conclusion almost beyond question.
If you could only produce logic to backup an idea the energy was anything other than energy, go for it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124231 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ,Don't include me in your nonsencical theory.
I do not base my faith and belief in God based on any scientific theory or scientifioc belief.
What science may or may not believe about God does not give me any concerns.
Moreover , I need not , nor can I prove to anyone the basis for my faith .
God has shown me He is real and thast is all I need.
He showed me the way and I folllowed it.
My faith is not based on the opinions or beliefs of others.
faith can not be passed on to anyone. It is something that only comes to those who seek it..... I sought God and he revealed himself to me..........AND that is all I need....
And I am satisfied beyond measure..........
And you feel we are in denial of reality and mentally unstable because we failed to believe in the god of zero evidence and one you cannot explain.

Location hidden

#124232 Feb 14, 2014
GOO GOO DOLLS LYRICS
"Name"

And even though the moment passed me by
I still can't turn away
Cuz all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
Got tossed along the way
And letters that you never meant to send
Got lost or thrown away

And now we're grown up orphans
And never knew their names
We don't belong to no one
That's a shame
But you could hide beside me
Maybe for a while
And I won't tell no one your name
And I won't tell 'em your name

And scars are souvenirs you never lose
The past is never far
Did you lose yourself somewhere out there?
Did you get to be a star?
And don't it make you sad to know that life
Is more than who we are

We grew up way too fast
And now there's nothing to believe
And reruns all become our history
A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
And I won't tell no one your name
I won't tell em' your name
Oooh, oooh, oooh
I won't tell em' your name
Ow!

I think about you all the time
But I don't need the same
It's lonely where you are
Come back down

The Goo Goo Dolls - Name - Lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124233 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you here for , other than to display your ignorance?
Well ,like Duket , you are also unable and incapable of getting God out of your mind
It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists.--Mohandas Gandhi
Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist.--C. S. Lewis
And keep in mind whom you owe your existence to;
If there were no God , ther would be no Atheists ,,,,Chesterton ....
Ironic isn't it? You owe your existence to Him whom you don't believe in
We are outraged by the believers, not the god.
Now in order to show a rational person the god should not be followed, we show the claims if said god as immoral or impossible.

I keep explaining this concept, but evidently you cannot comprehend.
Now why should I listen to someone who cannot understand such a simple concept?

You always run from this question and answer.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124234 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have paid attention to the atheist comments and have learned much from them ,specifically ,the basis for your foolishness........
And puhlease , do not make any suggestions as I have outgrown my foolishness..
Thanks but no thanks.
Stak rosch already painted me aclear picture as to what happens to those who deconvert and I have no desire whatsoever in any way shape or form to betray my God, as others have done
Why are you obsessed with atheism and Stak Rosch?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124235 Feb 14, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly! I am telling you they're as real as your belief in them. your opinion, my opinion, billions of opinions for/against! we all have the right to express it.. Who is anyone to tell them they're not?
Indeed - and who is so negligent of conscience that they feel it an acceptable demand of indocrtinating children to believe in the pixies among the daffodils?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124236 Feb 14, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You get the gist of what i meant, well maybe you don't and that doesn't surprise me. Fear Of The Lord Is The Beginning Of Wisdom.. Maybe that is a little more clearwater for ya!
Fear of the Lord is extortion, preying on ignorance and peddling delusion. Plain and simple. You rail against the non-Christian Catholics all you want, but it's the pot calling the kettle black.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Would any Females like to Copulate with the Cap... 2 min Captain Skull 1
I'm the Best Looking Man in Knox County!!!!!!!!... 10 min Captain Skull 1
Woman ran-over in Mcdonald's parking lot. 40 min yep 6
The Oven Mitt 1 hr dontdoit 69
Harvey Cain 1 hr jack 2
Joe Ore arrested again 3 hr John 3
linda 4 hr big daddy 8
Shooting at Walmart??? 4 hr people 53
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 4 hr So so funny 19
More from around the web