Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,289

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#124145 Feb 13, 2014
The Bible contradicts everything our constitution stands for.

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#124146 Feb 13, 2014
JC is Life Truth and Way wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who know the life we have in God and creation through Jesus Christ....!! and those who are fixated on mans ability to what?
Only two paths to choose from! Not many ways to Creation God (Yahweh)..... but one!!!!!
Man is set up to choose!
Choose What?
What does so called "ancient evolution" offer but death! Evolving - cycles of death to a dis-pare of nothingness...... Mans ultimate, full control, power hungry minds manipulating society to slavery... Lust driven desires, fantasy "we will do it our way" What has "our way" done for mankind? Wars, abortion, sexual slavery, dictatorship, death, weapons of mass destruction, political manipulation(mass lying, power hungry, deceptions, puppets controlling puppets, control), Religions (organised ritual...dead, dead), so called peace(you do it my way or else), planet depleted,(leading to mismanaged destruction), corruption upon corruption......
Tell me do you see man in any way getting their act together with solutions? At this stage man is aiming through science to reinvent man to genetic manipulated machines serving a few. Yes this few want's to get rid of the masses so they can form some kind of pure race. They sucked up all the earths wealth leaving 95% of the earth's people eating from the crumbs they have decided is fair. No, no from one dictatorship to the next the pit is dug deeper and deeper, so much dis-pare, so much death! ultimate separation of a Creator God they will never know ! You tell me other wise, prove that man can do it(ah but science) Science has become an religion(let see what science say?)...... Just look at wealth, desperate scramble to be on top of what? Thet what can only be destruction....
"Destruction" - The breaking down that - which was meant for goodness and life in the first place, through a relationship with the source of Goodness and Life.
But Jesus Christ the "Breath of life" a fulfillment from within, living water from the source of life with no end. North. east, south and west I am centered in His Name. My eyes tear up with delight, i and you are worth His Son crucified!
Actually such a simple decision, be called a "Fool" not seeing the big lie from a life giving Truth.
I like your criticisms of those who say "it's there way or else" then proceed to tell me it's your way or ellse...? Science is not a religion, is math a religion too?

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#124147 Feb 13, 2014
Bill Nye completely pummeled Ken Hamm. Bill kept his composure and presented his position with facts! Ken Hamm simply reiterated "God did it" throughout his entire position.

All you really need to watch of the 2 hour debate is during the Q & A. That's when Mr. Nye puts the last nail in Ken's coffin.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#124148 Feb 13, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your criticisms of those who say "it's there way or else" then proceed to tell me it's your way or ellse...? Science is not a religion, is math a religion too?
Really? maybe them scientologist and tom cruise from the church of scientology would argue that, not so point you just made in ignorance..

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#124149 Feb 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Really? maybe them scientologist and tom cruise from the church of scientology would argue that, not so point you just made in ignorance..
Science is not a religion .

Location hidden

#124150 Feb 13, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not a religion .
really? again see my above post..

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#124151 Feb 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> really? again see my above post..
It wouldn't be taught in public schools if it was a religion .
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#124152 Feb 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you judgementDUHly stalking me on this subject?
Do you think reciting a non-litany to the non-gods would make my non-stalking more effective and purposeful as I non-click the judgits?
NO.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#124154 Feb 13, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The human brain being able to imagine as it does is certainly good reason we invent gods. But does it mean it is good? Seems often it works against us, and that is what I keep pointing out here. Of course you ignore all that and pretend it does not exist. Ignoring it will doom many to repeat the wrongs.
Seems the imagination of the religious is on overdrive. Thinking you see ghosts and hear voices is not really helping one to stay in touch with reality.
Can't say as I wholly disagree with that, however, you would probably NOT like the reason "why", so I'll just keep that part (logically) to mine self.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124155 Feb 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> really? again see my above post..
Nobody needs to. Science is no more a religion than calling lies for Jesus "creation science" magically makes them scientific.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#124156 Feb 13, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
If the supernatural interacts with the natural world, as Christians believe, then there should be evidence of that interaction. Where is it?
<quoted text>
What is the proper tool?
Read in the Old testament where it states
If you diligently seek me ,you will find me.
That is the tool that worked for me
Native American

Glasgow, KY

#124157 Feb 13, 2014
Each one prays to GOD in his on light, Stop forcing it and it will happen only a gluten wants to be force feed.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124158 Feb 13, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What a surprise. If you desperately wish to believe in faeries long enough, eventually you'll convince yourself you saw one among the daffodils.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#124159 Feb 13, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Billions of people have gone seeking divinity and found different gods than yours or no gods at all. Seems to me that tool is pretty useless.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#124160 Feb 13, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that you assert your ju-ju with no evidence.
Making it easy for us to dismiss your ju-ju without evidence.
Now, get back to muttering at the ceiling fan - you know you want to.
Hey pre K Seems that you got conned by the likes of Duket and The Cardboard Box.
The ceiling fan fell on your head,causing irreparable damage.
That would account for all the nonsense you have accumulated in that previously empty space
since becoming a member of that baseless faith known as Atheism.
Or can we blame that condition on the humongous amount of mind altering drugs you have ingested by your own admission.
BTW ,,,, You guys still gather around mud puddles waiting for lightning to strike and cause a chunk of mud to come to life? Good luck with that, you gonna wind up like burnt toast.

Location hidden

#124161 Feb 13, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't be taught in public schools if it was a religion .
If your pic wasn't so pretty i wouldn't even bother talking with you ; ) Lady, I know you have heard of the church of scientology? whether or not you and I think it's a religion, the members of it would argue with you.. so, have you been thinking about where we going on our honeymoon? we can debate in bed while i whisper sweet nothings to you..

Location hidden

#124162 Feb 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody needs to. Science is no more a religion than calling lies for Jesus "creation science" magically makes them scientific.
Again, the church of scientology! sure sounds religious! maybe L. Ron Hubbard would like to hear why you think it isn't..I could care less myself but there are defect members that have been on the news talking about their brainwashing.. "Cult" is probably a better word them..
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#124163 Feb 13, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So where did your god come from then?
My God is that being that has always existed......Unless YOU are foolish enough to believe that nothing can create something from nothing.
Now Q will remind us that there was never no thing......That is exactly my point, there was always something GOD ,LIVING,INTELLIGENT AND CONSCIOUS

On the other hand you have those abundantly foolish who will believe that Nothing can create something from nothing.....Duket ,Spaoedout , Croak , Cardboard Box Pre K and other yam fams..........Yikes, these fools travelled a long way to prove how foolish they are
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#124164 Feb 13, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have no doubt your theory of mind enables you to feel it hears voices and believes invisible beings are causing events in your life.
I am in check with my imagination, and understand cause and effect. I understand human perception is flawed, so I know my dreams are not reality.
I don't hear voices. That happens to be one of the childish and immature opinions of atheists.
You possibly understand cause and effect and your subconscious is tellig you that the cause of Atheism has had the effect of deceiving your mind that there is no God,as so has the fool said in his heart.
As I have told you before, that is the main reason why you are unable to let a day go by without enquiring about God.. You are unable and incapable of getting him out of your mind
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#124165 Feb 13, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So where did your god come from then?
Show me the evidence as to how it is possible for the nonliving to create life , the nonintelligent to create intelligence and the non conscious to create consciousness,

I am asking again ,though knowing full well that you do not have a clue and can not answer.
That statement has you Atheists running around like achicken with his head cut off.
And what a sorry sight that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 32 min Princess Hey 491
Jayla phipps 1 hr praying 6
John Pickard vs. Mike Corey 1 hr For sure 23
School System 2 hr Golf daddy 6
Looking For Tommy Witt 2 hr Old Friend 3
Hampton Funeral Home Question? 2 hr GM Retired 8
Barbourville City Cemetery Question? 2 hr GM RETIRED 3
dinky phipps 3 hr shamed 28
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match