Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the Feb 10, 2010, The Courier-Journal story titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

spaceship

Roseville, CA

#124073 Feb 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> they can also be brainwashed into believing there isn't one.. the devils biggest lie is convincing the world he doesn't exist..brainwashing goes 2 ways..
Like Mike D. said you take the easy way out with zero evidence. You believe in magic how sad, not much of a freethinker as you claimed. You're afraid of the boogieman. Religion has punked you after all. Go mumble at the ceiling fan and pray away that boogieman if it helps..

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#124074 Feb 12, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Michael ,life is already here , thanks be to our God
Well you can thank a god with no name all you wish, and if you could ever produce evidence of the claim, I also would thank the being for magic. So far, you have yet to produce a single bit of evidence for your fantastical claims.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124075 Feb 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> pretty conceited of you to judge your own comment when you ain't got enough sense to answer the question.. playing follow the leader works well for you i guess, carry on! BTW, what the he11 do you think my question was about? look at what you wrote and look at my question, it's the same but like i said, you take someones comment and twist it, thinking it makes you look smart, but it really shows your ignorance.
Pretty much the same comment I could make to most every religious post on this thread, including yours.
INB4

Madison, TN

#124076 Feb 12, 2014
Religion the opiate of the masses.(Anyone else catch the Bill Nye debate? Answer solved).

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#124077 Feb 12, 2014
Curious wrote:
Our faith in Christ comes by his revealing himself to those who seek him.
Your faith comes from basic cultural influences. If you were born in India, you'd be a Hindu. If you were born in Saudi Arabia, you'd be a Muslim.
Curious wrote:
Fact is that there was a group of Jews who risked their lifes and their freedom to proclaim the teachings of Our Lord.as stated in the new testament.
Fact is, this is primarily church tradition, not historical fact. Fact is, people do crazy things for their religious beliefs. Joseph Smith died for his religious proclamations - are you a Mormon?
Curious wrote:
Subsequently , historians of the time wrote about Christ and Christianity.
What's so novel about historians mentioning a religion that existed at the time? Historians DON'T corroborate the events in the Bible. There was no empire-wide census that would have caused Mary and Joseph to go to Bethleham. It's made up. There was no edict from Herod to kill babies. It's made up. There was no zombie uprising a la Matthew 27. It's made up.
Curious wrote:
Fact is ,the story of Christ having risen could have been bebunked at any time by the Jewish Authorities or the Romans , by simply going to his grave , taking the body and placed it at the temple , where all could see it.
For one, they wouldn't have cared. Christianity was a small cult. Does your local church take time to debunk any local cults making crazy claims?

Secondly, no, they couldn't have debunked it. One, Jesus would have been buried in a mass grave and couldn't be identified. Two, Christianity wasn't relevant within any time period before Jesus' body would have been unrecognizably decomposed.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#124078 Feb 12, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have a problem comprehending El English , let me give it to you in another lingo that you will hopefully understand .
Why does evolution require separate evolution of male and female humans, Curious?

Answer the question if you're not CHICKEN.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124079 Feb 12, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Michael ,life is already here , thanks be to our God
Nice skate away from your witch burning comment.
Now keep that head buried deep in the sand.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#124080 Feb 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you remind me of that guy that built houses all his life and never was called a carpenter, but he sucked a dick one time and they called him a queer.. you are that one time..
I'm not into collecting foreskins like your god, fundieman. Their is evidence that god is gay. Just think all the angels are men, the bible shows they are all men. God wants you to get on your knees. Jesus wants to be surrounded by men. The Gnostic gospel of mark shows Jesus as gay.

There is evidence that King James who commissioned the KJV version of the bible was very gay. You're probably holding it right now (no pun intended). I could go on an on but go ahead and get your freak on. Ted Haggard was gay. Gays are now Christians also. Gays have Christian churches. You can go to a Gay church and walk on the wild side.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124081 Feb 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> doesn't narrow shyt down for me! you're the closed minded one, not me.. the possibilites are endless to an open mind. you're no diff than the christians with your worship of science and they ain't disproved nothing. i can tear a car down and tell you everything about it, even tho i know nothing of the guy that built it.. you remind me of that guy that built houses all his life and never was called a carpenter, but he sucked a dick one time and they called him a queer.. you are that one time..
Well you just summed up why many post about religion.
You ain't disproved nothing.......

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#124082 Feb 12, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> pretty conceited of you to judge your own comment when you ain't got enough sense to answer the question.. playing follow the leader works well for you i guess, carry on! BTW, what the he11 do you think my question was about? look at what you wrote and look at my question, it's the same but like i said, you take someones comment and twist it, thinking it makes you look smart, but it really shows your ignorance.
Your arrogance is distasteful and shows your age. You expect me to answer a question " how does a single celled organism evolve into a human being, that has the advanced anatomy to produce speech as a form of communication "???? That's like me asking you to explain the whole bible .. Id have to throw a set of "Evolution " encyclopedias at you to fully answer your question .....
The only thing I can answer is that the human brain ( size) is what sets us apart from other animals.You'll have to do your own homework on the defining moment of evolution when that occured.
By the way I would much rather follow a leader than follow a loser ..

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#124083 Feb 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> As is most stuff after the fact, but that doesn't mean it's not out there. i am still learning and reading different material on Jesus and cultures, religions, just kinda processing and eliminating shyt, there's no question in my mind that Jesus was a real man, or at least based on someone, if one says Jesus is fictional then he must assume all are and we know that's not the case..That's not saying he done what is said of him, but w/out question, he had some insight that is unprecedented unto this day..if not Jesus' words then the writers and he is giving full credit to another....
I have no doubt that some guy or a few guys went around speaking of some new version of God... There were Lot's of Gods during that time and there is no doubt many different ones had guys going around telling folks that their version of God was The Version of God... And is why no mention is made of them during their lives for the most part... Nothing exceptional happened...

The Claims came after a few people started building the following and needed a Hook to keep people coming back for the show and tossing coins in the plates...

If the Miracles claimed had of Actually happened then there would have been a lot of locals writing on walls, tablets, Pots, stones and stuff in every town he stepped foot in and healed a bunch of folks or tossed 1000 fishes from a quart jug...

Others that were written about later in life did not perform such feats and those that had pretty good accomplishments were indeed written of and celebrated during their lives... There are statues, carvings and other artifacts found in the places they performed such deeds and sometimes noted far and wide...

But with Jesus there have been 2000 years of 10's of 1000's of people actively digging in every hole they can find in every place mentioned in biblical script and not a single mention of the fellow has been found during the 30 or so years we are told he went about doing stuff that would have put him on the front tablet of the Jerusalem Times Dispatch...
JC is Life Truth and Way

Durban, South Africa

#124084 Feb 13, 2014
Those who know the life we have in God and creation through Jesus Christ....!! and those who are fixated on mans ability to what?

Only two paths to choose from! Not many ways to Creation God (Yahweh)..... but one!!!!!

Man is set up to choose!

Choose What?

What does so called "ancient evolution" offer but death! Evolving - cycles of death to a dis-pare of nothingness...... Mans ultimate, full control, power hungry minds manipulating society to slavery... Lust driven desires, fantasy "we will do it our way" What has "our way" done for mankind? Wars, abortion, sexual slavery, dictatorship, death, weapons of mass destruction, political manipulation(mass lying, power hungry, deceptions, puppets controlling puppets, control), Religions (organised ritual...dead, dead), so called peace(you do it my way or else), planet depleted,(leading to mismanaged destruction), corruption upon corruption......

Tell me do you see man in any way getting their act together with solutions? At this stage man is aiming through science to reinvent man to genetic manipulated machines serving a few. Yes this few want's to get rid of the masses so they can form some kind of pure race. They sucked up all the earths wealth leaving 95% of the earth's people eating from the crumbs they have decided is fair. No, no from one dictatorship to the next the pit is dug deeper and deeper, so much dis-pare, so much death! ultimate separation of a Creator God they will never know ! You tell me other wise, prove that man can do it(ah but science) Science has become an religion(let see what science say?)...... Just look at wealth, desperate scramble to be on top of what? The what can only be destruction....

"Destruction" - The breaking down that - which was meant for goodness and life in the first place, through a relationship with the source of Goodness and Life.

But Jesus Christ the "Breath of life" a fulfillment from within, living water from the source of life with no end. North. east, south and west I am centered in His Name. My eyes tear up with delight, i and you are worth His Son crucified!

Actually such a simple decision, be called a "Fool" not seeing the big lie from a life giving Truth.
JC is Life Truth and Way

Durban, South Africa

#124085 Feb 13, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the question ? It doesn't make sense ? Organism don't develop in that sequence . It would make more sense to explain how humans developed speech and communications through the process of evolution . I don't believe in Adam and Eve.
Those who know the life we have in God and creation through Jesus Christ....!! and those who are fixated on mans ability to what?

Only two paths to choose from! Not many ways to Creation God (Yahweh)..... but one!!!!!

Man is set up to choose!

Choose What?

What does so called "ancient evolution" offer but death! Evolving - cycles of death to a dis-pare of nothingness...... Mans ultimate, full control, power hungry minds manipulating society to slavery... Lust driven desires, fantasy "we will do it our way" What has "our way" done for mankind? Wars, abortion, sexual slavery, dictatorship, death, weapons of mass destruction, political manipulation(mass lying, power hungry, deceptions, puppets controlling puppets, control), Religions (organised ritual...dead, dead), so called peace(you do it my way or else), planet depleted,(leading to mismanaged destruction), corruption upon corruption......

Tell me do you see man in any way getting their act together with solutions? At this stage man is aiming through science to reinvent man to genetic manipulated machines serving a few. Yes this few want's to get rid of the masses so they can form some kind of pure race. They sucked up all the earths wealth leaving 95% of the earth's people eating from the crumbs they have decided is fair. No, no from one dictatorship to the next the pit is dug deeper and deeper, so much dis-pare, so much death! ultimate separation of a Creator God they will never know ! You tell me other wise, prove that man can do it(ah but science) Science has become an religion(let see what science say?)...... Just look at wealth, desperate scramble to be on top of what? The what can only be destruction....

"Destruction" - The breaking down that - which was meant for goodness and life in the first place, through a relationship with the source of Goodness and Life.

But Jesus Christ the "Breath of life" a fulfillment from within, living water from the source of life with no end. North. east, south and west I am centered in His Name. My eyes tear up with delight, i and you are worth His Son crucified!

Actually such a simple decision, be called a "Fool" not seeing the big lie from a life giving Truth.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#124086 Feb 13, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Jonathan? for $200, Alex.
Sol's son!
The nice Brother David never had.....
Go back, and attend to your few sheep... you don't belong out here with us!
(Paraphrasing)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#124087 Feb 13, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Mike D. said you take the easy way out with zero evidence. You believe in magic how sad, not much of a freethinker as you claimed. You're afraid of the boogieman. Religion has punked you after all. Go mumble at the ceiling fan and pray away that boogieman if it helps..
I am a freethinker and I think you might be under the influence of mike d. You can't even think for your self, you're riding the coat tails of someone elses comments. Now, who is the freethinker. I don't think it's you.....your opinion is noted and filed under BS!!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#124088 Feb 13, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Darwin Day
And a Happy Birthday to Abraham Lincoln to you...
He means more to Good people....
You know... the ones that abolished slavery!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#124089 Feb 13, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arrogance is distasteful and shows your age. You expect me to answer a question " how does a single celled organism evolve into a human being, that has the advanced anatomy to produce speech as a form of communication "???? That's like me asking you to explain the whole bible .. Id have to throw a set of "Evolution " encyclopedias at you to fully answer your question .....
The only thing I can answer is that the human brain ( size) is what sets us apart from other animals.You'll have to do your own homework on the defining moment of evolution when that occured.
By the way I would much rather follow a leader than follow a loser ..
Good luck on your journey.. you can't explain it, just as science hasn't. D@mn, you didn't even get that!! good thing you're a hottie cause you're not very bright...
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#124090 Feb 13, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That prayer business sure does work
I don't know about your prayers but it certainly worked for the 9/11 bombers.
Thank you again...
Every nasty post you make.... Proves our Bible true!
Thank you Lord for people like Khatru here posting the tripe they do!
It is easy to see that their darkness cannot stand up to your Light!

Post on!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#124091 Feb 13, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the creator just kills every single child and baby on the planet.
Bring that up to Him when you meet Him....
I'll bet He shows you His title to everything, as He is the owner!
Innocent children are having a great time up there with Him...
I hope you can be there too!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#124092 Feb 13, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwin killed your god.
We think he's great so we put him on our money.
http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/curr...
Happy Darwin Day!!!
Ummm... No he didn't!
He's right here... right now, and Forever!
Seek Him, or beg the mountains to cover you up when He returns!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
billy gambrel 37 min jimbeam 5
Sabrina corey 1 hr girl power 3
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 3 hr hope 14
Stacy Keys 3 hr yep 13
need someone to weedeet an mow 3 hr Question 3
Where can you sign WET vote Petition ??? 4 hr Sam 11
Mike smith 9 hr who 2
Teacher arrested 21 hr shopper 5
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search