Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 159582 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#123537 Feb 7, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I compare that to Jesus time, nope.. Compared to superstition yes. Since you have mention it , I will know compare that to Jesus time. Handle poisonous snakes during Jesus time yes.
See evidence then and now ,hardly drivel. Now prove otherwise.
Mark 16:18
"they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EvFCI2bsajMXX
I don't know what you want me to say? I know serveral people that handle them, n church, have been bit and not went to the doctor, and lived. There was an old guy once, he took a frozen snake in his house and layed it by the fire, the snake unthawed and bit him, the guy said, after all i have done for you, this is how you repay me, the snake hissed and said, you knew i was a snake when you brought me here! what that's got to do with what you said, i don't know, kinda like me wondering what the he11 you're asking me? Are you stoned? if so, must be some good shyt! puff puff pass....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#123538 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Heavens Gate cult didn't kill anyone but themselves. To compare that to Jesus' time is just drival.. They wasn't hunting worshipers with the diligence of a Roman Army, like they were in Jesus' time! We're talking thousands of uncounted people, not 38, it is sad anyone dies in the name of religion, none the less tho, they were dying for it thousands of yrs. before Christ, so go figure!
Shrug. More pagans were killed in the Roman spectacles than Christians. Way, way, way more. You want to think that the early Christians were killed for their ideology, but Rome didn't really care unless it was perceived to undermined their authority. Most often, people in and from Rome's conquered lands were allowed their own religions - Rome would even co-opt idols and relics to legitimize their rule. That said, you seem not to consider that earliest Christianity was seen as a Jewish sect, that the messiah prophesied in the OT was supposed to be a liberator and that the Jews rebelled three times within 150 years of Jesus' death.

Location hidden

#123539 Feb 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shrug. More pagans were killed in the Roman spectacles than Christians. Way, way, way more. You want to think that the early Christians were killed for their ideology, but Rome didn't really care unless it was perceived to undermined their authority. Most often, people in and from Rome's conquered lands were allowed their own religions - Rome would even co-opt idols and relics to legitimize their rule. That said, you seem not to consider that earliest Christianity was seen as a Jewish sect, that the messiah prophesied in the OT was supposed to be a liberator and that the Jews rebelled three times within 150 years of Jesus' death.
The liberation Jesus spoke of was of the spiritual freedom, not of the physical..There was no physically escaping the Romans, sure they done all you say, but it was of their dictatorship, Of course it was of a Jewish sect, until Jesus promised everyone salvation, not just the Jews. Now why would he say that? It would not have mattered to him, if he had just been Jewish, cause that's all he would've known! The Romans wasn't really concerned with him, but his own people were. WHY? Rome was about preservation of their empire and and political future, so why wouldn't they do what you said, it was for their preservation as big dog on top of the ladder. What don't make sense is slaughtering those that wouldn't deny Christ, if they was so allowing this worship you speak of..You worshiped what they wanted to allow you to worship, which was of that, that didn't interfere with their hedonistic ways..The morals and values Jesus spoke of would have done that. Where a mans treasure lies, So does his heart! Christianity was after his death, Applied to his followers!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#123540 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think Rome killed Jesus?
It was the bible god who did it.

He plotted and schemes to have his son killed.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#123541 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And I am posting my thoughts. You are pure hypocrite. Everything in your post is hypocritical. So I am not going to waste time trying to explain each one, as you just scroll on past.
Best idea you've had yet, your imperialistc emprror Mike Diocletian.

(or would you prefer being referenced as your "Paganistic pimple on a Christians butt?")
DuhcrystalSkullt arken

Somerset, KY

#123544 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like labeling someone a bigot? We humans have words to label things, and even ideas. Your hatred of that human gift is you problem.
I do not refuse to admit we have different perspectives, as my post you responded to said dumbass. So why keep lying about what I think and why keep attacking me? Oh, forgot, because all you do is be a hypocrite.
I duh crystal skull...have some friends that can hone and polish your pitchfork for you-- so it is not quite as dull. Just don't tell Chromlio-- because it's not really Myan!!!
DuhcrystalSkullt arken

Somerset, KY

#123545 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you labeling and attacking my perspective? Did you forget you just condemned me for doing that? Some would label such, hypocrisy.
I am well aware you do not welcome my perspective, because if you did, you would not be as hypocritical. Being hypocritical is clearly your rule of thumb.
Look into duh eyes Mike Doicletian...and see and hear.......Blah blah blah....wah wah wah...

Then stick a mirrored sock puppet in it with your pitchfork!
DuhcrystalSkullr eflectin

Somerset, KY

#123546 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again, lying is getting you nowhere. Just put the genocide in a proper place. If you glorify it as the bible does, and you teach it as such, I have a problem with that.
By the way, I am not asking for a ban, I am debating why I see it as bad. It is my perspective. You wish to stifle my perspective.
Now if ever find a post that I ask for a ban, then condemn it if you will.Otherwise, try debating what I actually say instead of the voices in your head.
Well then stop lying and peddling BS to your sock puppet selves!!

Somerset, KY

#123547 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So I can condemn Hitler, but not god? They both are doing the same thing. And I am pointing out you are being of a double standard. You certainly failed to clear up that claim.
Ummmm, do pray tell...how it is...that Hitler and this "God" of which YOU do not "believe in" can both be doing the same thing?

Really Duquette? Maybe we need to have those prongs sharpened by some manual stone age methods, since mechanized doesn't seem to be doing the job to well?

Somerset, KY

#123548 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Anything like that"? Well it is my perspective, the god of the bible, Koran, and Torah is "like that". And I condemn it. And for some hypocritical reason, when I do, you wish to stuff that topic in a bottle to be ignored as if it never existed.
Must I keep spelling out your hypocrisy? How can you be so damned stupid as to keep saying blatantly hypocritical things?
It's easy--just follow the bouncy ball of ignorant attackt posts like yours--\
Like this-

Blah blah blah...wah wah wah...anyone that has a different perspective or opinion is a baduh hypocrite...only those that agree with Mike Docletians condemnation of anything different than his opinion are spared.

You oozing Paganistic Pimple on a romans butt.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#123549 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I really have no comment on it.. I will say that it doesn't surprise me about the pope and we'll leave it at that. I liked your reading tho, thank you again
Can I take back what I said about your being open and honest about your beliefs?
DuhScarycrystalS kull

Somerset, KY

#123550 Feb 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
He does this all the time. He somehow believes that there is only one agnostic/atheist who posts under a half dozen registrations. In his mind, "all one of us" is/are delusional, but he, the burnout, the JW cultist, the CO2 supporter and the gender confused baby talker are not...
is watching yew.....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123551 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> No! there were many but this one was probably the most noted and recognized, it's not really important, i was just seeing if you knew cause you're always hollering science...
Science is not a grade school guessing game of you thoughts.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#123552 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Are you serious? The Romans(Pilate) was gonna release him! His own people called for his death. Mainly the high priest he preached against. The Romans simply gave in for favor of the people(Political)
Why low level ""herd pack" animal mentality is NOT Ever,,anything even near good!

Because just pitchforking (NOT in good humor) is for LOSERS.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#123553 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Are you crazy? them people were trying to escape the oppression of the Romans, not be accepted by them! If you think the true followers of Jesus wanted acceptance from the Romans..... well, you better think again!
Why the truly INTELLIGENT ones with some actual humane DECENCY, reformed.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#123554 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The liberation Jesus spoke of was of the spiritual freedom, not of the physical..There was no physically escaping the Romans, sure they done all you say, but it was of their dictatorship, Of course it was of a Jewish sect, until Jesus promised everyone salvation, not just the Jews. Now why would he say that? It would not have mattered to him, if he had just been Jewish, cause that's all he would've known! The Romans wasn't really concerned with him, but his own people were. WHY? Rome was about preservation of their empire and and political future, so why wouldn't they do what you said, it was for their preservation as big dog on top of the ladder. What don't make sense is slaughtering those that wouldn't deny Christ, if they was so allowing this worship you speak of..You worshiped what they wanted to allow you to worship, which was of that, that didn't interfere with their hedonistic ways..The morals and values Jesus spoke of would have done that. Where a mans treasure lies, So does his heart! Christianity was after his death, Applied to his followers!
If all you can see is the modern post-reformist Christian rhetoric POV, this discussion is pointless. History is not warm and fuzzy with puppy dog kisses and pink lace bows.
The senate had made several bad choices for leadership, the populace was unsettled by elitist excesses and taxation, the surviving apostles had established a cult of (Jewish) hero worship inclusive of both Jewish and gentiles that a couple Caesars thought was undermining their authority and the Jews were rebelling every few decades. I don't see what you think your point is except that it's unfair that people always have been and always will be murdered undeservedly. If it makes you feel any better, Jews slaughtering Christians pissed Mohammed off.

Location hidden

#123555 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> Can I take back what I said about your being open and honest about your beliefs?
My beliefs aren't the topic of this thread, but if you must.

Location hidden

#123556 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Science is not a grade school guessing game of you thoughts.
Apparently it was of their thoughts!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123557 Feb 7, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there are no other Holy Books, only the Bible
Their are other books that billions feel are holy. And your statement makes me wonder just how you react if the Koran had classes in public school dedicated to it at the exclusion of the bible?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#123558 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Their are other books that billions feel are holy. And your statement makes me wonder just how you react if the Koran had classes in public school dedicated to it at the exclusion of the bible?
It's ironic that you should mention it - since he's been referencing the Glorious Qur'an without even the slightest inkling of doing so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boob jobs & Lapband 13 min Woof Woof 8
Coach dinky out?? 26 min Seen it 3
The Simpson brothers from K Jay (Dec '08) 1 hr A yo e 21
U.S. Marshals, Eric Monroe Jones, 46, of Big St... 2 hr Catchhim 1
Chicken King 2 hr smh 2
Garbage on stinking creek roadsides ! 3 hr Really 2
jr. miller (Dec '08) 5 hr Not the one 6

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance