Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163369 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#123517 Feb 7, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it was due to any faith based notions, if that's what you're asking. They are basically defining themselves in the same terms of value {ethically and morally} as the Roman society is, nothing any different. I think the growth comes about due to a major shift in demographics at that time..Within the Roman empire, the cities were growing but the population wasn't, they were actually dying off due to plagues and famines. But outside the city you have an influx of people from the countryside other countries that are immigrating into the city, thus a new population of people.
Surly you jest? a lot of them people were killed because they wouldn't deny Christ! So their belief was in something bigger than we can comprehend! It(the movement) would have simply died out. They would've seen that to fight the oppression of the powers that be was futile, but here 2000 yrs. later, the war continues, It was all about faith and belief for them people, in Jesus.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#123518 Feb 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times does it have to be spelled out for you, How Stupid Can You Be? There are no "anti-God" posters. There are only those who disagree with the doctrines, dogmas, conventions and machinations you and others are delusional about.
That sounded pretty "Anti-God" to me!
Thanks again!

Location hidden

#123519 Feb 7, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you're asking here?? Figuratively speaking, Spirituality speaking? or Relatively speaking?
The Roman Authorities killed Jesus.
Are you serious? The Romans(Pilate) was gonna release him! His own people called for his death. Mainly the high priest he preached against. The Romans simply gave in for favor of the people(Political)

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#123520 Feb 7, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I use a cubit litmus meter...with a big, bwack stick in duh middle--to the left is the negative(you know all the losers, users, whiners, idiots, imbeciles and other general dirtbag types) and to the Right are the positives...the do it themselvers..the non nasty, respectful of, for and towards others. the NON-greedy, sane, logical and generally, actually, REALLY decent, ethical and considerate of others type folks.
Not that hard to see which ones can't get past the negative of dat big black stick...so I just keep them lump and labelduhmed as the dirtbags they are-and say to hell with 'em...becausethose kind sure aren't worth wasting a breathe of time on
And you consider yourself one of the "positives?" Wow.
Did you read what you just wrote?

If we "aren't worth wasting a breathe(sic) of time on," why do you post paragraph after paragraph of insults, child?

So say "to hell with'em" and walk away.
LOL! You can't and you know it.
You are addicted to arrogance and trying to belittle others.

Get a new therapist. Whatever treatment she is trying, it is not working for you.

You made a statement which is wrong and can't even admit to it.
----------
SistaNoneYa wrote:
Actually DUHmmy worm...the primary function (of a vagina) is a water outlet.
(DUH.Duh..duh).
----------
Notice you didn't say "A" function, but "THE PRIMARY" function.
Stipulating "a" would still be wrong. Stating "the primary" is glaringly wrong.
Yet you keep making excuses.
You have an illness. Get help.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#123521 Feb 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Akin to saying a person who kidnaps is a good kidnaper is he frees the person when ransom is paid.
Thanks again!
How stupid can you be

Pikeville, KY

#123522 Feb 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop flip-flopping on this - you're all over the place.
You say that your god doesn't want us to go to Hell so I point out that your god isn't getting what he wants.
Now you say he does get what he wants.
Make your mind up.
Does your god want us to go to Hell - yes or no?
If you are at the bottom of a well, and
we drop a rope down to you.... We could pull you up..... IF
You tie the rope around your waist!
IF you do not want to tie it.... Who's fault is it???
Here's your rope...

John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.

Grab hold, and tie it around you, or stay in your well....
ranting, and babbling, and mocking, and PROVING our Bible True!

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#123523 Feb 7, 2014
Surly, I'm not!!! When all these immigrant groups came into the city, they were the "outsiders" they wanted desperately to make their way into Roman society, to be part of the mainstream. The Christians, in a sense, are offering them exactly what they want - a sense of belonging, to be part of the society and to be considered an equal {you're no better than me, I'm no better than you} and the people were responding to those deeply felt human needs!

Yes, some were being killed, there really is no empire wide persecution of Christianity throughout the entire second century and into the first half of the third century. It was always sporadic; it was always local concerns.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#123524 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Surly you jest? a lot of them people were killed because they wouldn't deny Christ! So their belief was in something bigger than we can comprehend! It(the movement) would have simply died out. They would've seen that to fight the oppression of the powers that be was futile, but here 2000 yrs. later, the war continues, It was all about faith and belief for them people, in Jesus.
Here it is, 2,000 years later and people are still frightened of black cats and spilling salt - just as they were in the bronze age. Big deal. Under totalitarian rule some group or another is going to get persecuted - just as they were in the bronze age. I fail to see anything spay-shull about it
How stupid can you be

Pikeville, KY

#123525 Feb 7, 2014
Isaiah 53

53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the
LORD revealed?
53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a
root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and
when we shall see him,[there is] no beauty that we should
desire him.
53:3 He is despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and
acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were [our] faces from
him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows:
yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
53:5 But he [was] wounded for our transgression,[he was]
bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was]
upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every
one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity
of us all.
53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not
his mouth; he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a
sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he opened not his mouth.
53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall
declare his generation? for he was cut off from the land of the
living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
53:9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in
his death: because he had done no violence, neither [was any]
deceit in his mouth.
53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him]
to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he
shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the
pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul,[and] shall be
satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify
many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
53:12 Therefore I will divide to him [a portion] with the great,
and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath
poured out his soul to death: and he was numbered with the
transgressors; and he bore the sin of many, and made
intercession for the transgressors.

Thank you Father God :-)

Location hidden

#123526 Feb 7, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Surly, I'm not!!! When all these immigrant groups came into the city, they were the "outsiders" they wanted desperately to make their way into Roman society, to be part of the mainstream. The Christians, in a sense, are offering them exactly what they want - a sense of belonging, to be part of the society and to be considered an equal {you're no better than me, I'm no better than you} and the people were responding to those deeply felt human needs!
Yes, some were being killed, there really is no empire wide persecution of Christianity throughout the entire second century and into the first half of the third century. It was always sporadic; it was always local concerns.
Are you crazy? them people were trying to escape the oppression of the Romans, not be accepted by them! If you think the true followers of Jesus wanted acceptance from the Romans..... well, you better think again!

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#123527 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Surly you jest? a lot of them people were killed because they wouldn't deny Christ! So their belief was in something bigger than we can comprehend! It(the movement) would have simply died out. They would've seen that to fight the oppression of the powers that be was futile, but here 2000 yrs. later, the war continues, It was all about faith and belief for them people, in Jesus.
Again, in my opinion it wasn't ALL ABOUT faith and belief in Jesus! If that were the case we wouldn't have so many different faiths and so many different beliefs in Jesus today!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#123528 Feb 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is, 2,000 years later and people are still frightened of black cats and spilling salt - just as they were in the bronze age. Big deal. Under totalitarian rule some group or another is going to get persecuted - just as they were in the bronze age. I fail to see anything spay-shull about it
I am not, does that make me special? they got persecuted alright, but it wasn't over black cats! Are you gonna give your life for a black cat? If someone came up to you and said, i am gonna kill you if you don't deny your superstition of black cats, what would you do? You would deny it! Think about them people that gave their life for Christ because they wouldn't deny him, superstitution? I think not! With any common sense, they would've gave him up! No one is gonna give their life for a superstitution!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#123529 Feb 7, 2014
CM wrote: "How many times does it have to be spelled out for you, How Stupid Can You Be? There are no "anti-God" posters. There are only those who disagree with the doctrines, dogmas, conventions and machinations you and others are delusional about."
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That sounded pretty "Anti-God" to me!
Thanks again!
Good grief. If I criticize CINOs for mental and emotional instability, gross naivete and wanton ignorance, I'm anti-God? Let's cut to the chase. I wasn't talking about Him - I'm talking about YOU. Get off His coat-tails.
You are claiming that the writings of the church and the rantings of soapbox preachers are the Word of God. It follows that you are saying that the Church is your God and that the Bible is your Golden Calf. See a shrink and deal with it.

Location hidden

#123530 Feb 7, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, in my opinion it wasn't ALL ABOUT faith and belief in Jesus! If that were the case we wouldn't have so many different faiths and so many different beliefs in Jesus today!!!!!!!!
Sure you would, Greed! Each group found value in him, for their own gain! That is my whole point. They have taken the true meaning away from his teachings and twisted it to each individual groups need! Most of the other groups sprang up from the CHURCH, because of different opinions on the meaning of Christ and his msg, which was truly lost with the true followers....My Opinion!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#123531 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am not, does that make me special? they got persecuted alright, but it wasn't over black cats! Are you gonna give your life for a black cat? If someone came up to you and said, i am gonna kill you if you don't deny your superstition of black cats, what would you do? You would deny it! Think about them people that gave their life for Christ because they wouldn't deny him, superstitution? I think not! With any common sense, they would've gave him up! No one is gonna give their life for a superstitution!
I understand that you want to Glory Hallelujah Glorify your beliefs on some supposed sacrifice and courage that happened in a place and time that is alien to you as the moon, but don't be simplistic. Do you think people were lining up at Nero's prefects and saying "I agree with the things that Jesus said, so I'm here to be crucified, please. Here is my KJV as evidence against me."

Location hidden

#123532 Feb 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you want to Glory Hallelujah Glorify your beliefs on some supposed sacrifice and courage that happened in a place and time that is alien to you as the moon, but don't be simplistic. Do you think people were lining up at Nero's prefects and saying "I agree with the things that Jesus said, so I'm here to be crucified, please. Here is my KJV as evidence against me."
Do you think they was lining up to get into concentration camps? here i am Hitler, I am a Jew so kill me! Absurd Dude! He11 No!! they was rounded up like cattle for the slaughter!
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#123533 Feb 7, 2014
Heaven's gate Jesus cult kills 38 followers because of superstition beliefs.
If they talk like a fundie ,believe like a fundie then they are a fundie ,regardless whether they admit it or not.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#123534 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think they was lining up to get into concentration camps? here i am Hitler, I am a Jew so kill me! Absurd Dude! He11 No!! they was rounded up like cattle for the slaughter!
Obviously, and tyrants kill their flavor of the week. What was your point, besides man's inhumanity against man? That religious groups have been persecuted yet endured? Again, your point? That Christianity is spay-shul? Nope. There are too many examples of non-Christians (many BY Christians) being persecuted to even begin a list.

Location hidden

#123535 Feb 7, 2014
spaceship wrote:
Heaven's gate Jesus cult kills 38 followers because of superstition beliefs.
If they talk like a fundie ,believe like a fundie then they are a fundie ,regardless whether they admit it or not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =L9UXKOIvuYEXX
Heavens Gate cult didn't kill anyone but themselves. To compare that to Jesus' time is just drival.. They wasn't hunting worshipers with the diligence of a Roman Army, like they were in Jesus' time! We're talking thousands of uncounted people, not 38, it is sad anyone dies in the name of religion, none the less tho, they were dying for it thousands of yrs. before Christ, so go figure!
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#123536 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Heavens Gate cult didn't kill anyone but themselves. To compare that to Jesus' time is just drival.. They wasn't hunting worshipers with the diligence of a Roman Army, like they were in Jesus' time! We're talking thousands of uncounted people, not 38, it is sad anyone dies in the name of religion, none the less tho, they were dying for it thousands of yrs. before Christ, so go figure!
Did I compare that to Jesus time, nope.. Compared to superstition yes. Since you have mention it , I will know compare that to Jesus time. Handle poisonous snakes during Jesus time yes.

See evidence then and now ,hardly drivel. Now prove otherwise.

Mark 16:18
"they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
donna hale 45 min Petty Patty 4
Sherry bar 2 hr The Real Yeti 20
Dustin Mills , Colonel ‘Joe’ Golden 2 hr Big Bug Podge 14
Important looking for 2 hr MEH 10
I would like to know if any Knox county teacher... 2 hr Truth 66
Ralph Buck Jones & Charles Edward jones 3 hr Tim roark 2
Major Coward 3 hr Tim Lawson 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance