Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156589 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#123494 Feb 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I made a technical mistake about the length of a Cubit. It is a bit of an out of date measurement. It is somewhere around 18-20 inches.
Again, my post clearly sailed right over your head. I'll tell you what you go on believing whatever you want I will stick with my Christian beliefs. When we die we will find out
I'm still waiting for that specific chapter and verse that says Noah was mocked and that the neighbor kids were welcome to board.

Since none of it happened, it's just hypothetical anyway. Still, it represents more than a little technical mistake - it was a clear illustration that what you don't know you have no fear about making up. So far you've gotten at least 4 parts of the story wrong - and it's a very short little tale, at that. Not to say you are dumb as a gopher tree stump, but you clearly don't have much room to talk about anything sailing over other people's heads.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#123495 Feb 6, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
No... Read my post again. It's pretty evident I was talking about the first 100 years, and from there to Constantine accepted Christianity as the only religion is around 300 years! I'm not saying they were never executed.
Answer the questions I posted.
I know you were talking about the first 100 yrs, but i wasn't.. Read my post again! what about from there to constantine?

Location hidden

#123496 Feb 6, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
As a matter of fact the first known "so called trial" of the Christians was around 112 - 115 when Pliny the Younger was a new governor in the Roman Province when a group of Christians were brought into his court. The charges were unclear, but he executed them anyway, and later he was questioning his decision, so he writes a letter to one of his Emperor friends asking if he had made the right decision to execute them based solely on their faith. His friend wrote back and said, yep sounds good to me, but advises him not to go out looking for them, and if he got some anonymous charges against people don't take that too seriously. We don't want to set any bad precedents here
what are you saying? none of that changes what the church done.. Nero slaughtered thousands of them for breakfast! the high priest of the jews was hand n hand with rome, MONEY MONEY CONTROL CONTROL MONEY CONTROL POLITICS POLITICS!!!!!!!!!! what are you asking me? all heretics that would not bow down to them sob's was slaughtered, look at jesus, from that time on, they were gettn slaughtered unless you kissed romes @$$ do you think rome killed jesus??

Location hidden

#123497 Feb 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I made a technical mistake about the length of a Cubit. It is a bit of an out of date measurement. It is somewhere around 18-20 inches.
Again, my post clearly sailed right over your head. I'll tell you what you go on believing whatever you want I will stick with my Christian beliefs. When we die we will find out
who cares! you looked stupid and got pissed cause you were called out on it!

Location hidden

#123498 Feb 6, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
As a matter of fact the first known "so called trial" of the Christians was around 112 - 115 when Pliny the Younger was a new governor in the Roman Province when a group of Christians were brought into his court. The charges were unclear, but he executed them anyway, and later he was questioning his decision, so he writes a letter to one of his Emperor friends asking if he had made the right decision to execute them based solely on their faith. His friend wrote back and said, yep sounds good to me, but advises him not to go out looking for them, and if he got some anonymous charges against people don't take that too seriously. We don't want to set any bad precedents here
You're talking about a trial? the church after constantine, i don't think they tried them, they was just plain guilty and burnt, Jesus was the first trial of christ-ianity, w/out a doubt. not guilty but crucified anyway.. go figure. bad precedents? haha! The Catholic Church labeled rebel Christians Heretics or Gnostic and proceeded to burn them as such, now i don't get what you're asking me?

Location hidden

#123499 Feb 6, 2014
Christianity was not offical religion in rome until adopted by constantine.....

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#123500 Feb 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Christianity was not offical religion in rome until adopted by constantine.....

Yes, and that's when the real lynching began.

in my opinion

Location hidden

#123501 Feb 6, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
in my opinion
What do you think i been saying? Of course that's when the real lynching began!! did you even read my post!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#123503 Feb 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there are no other Holy Books, only the Bible
There are plenty of religions and plenty of holy books.

Each of them are equally as valid as your religion and book.

United States of America

#123504 Feb 6, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
in my opinion
Have you been reading my post? I have been talking about the timeline of first century AD to 300 AD....... from that time period, Christianity went from a 30 to 50 member sect to being the predominate religion.
By the year 100, more than 40 Christian communities existed in cities around the Mediterranean, including two in North Africa, at Alexandria and Cyrene, and several in Greece and Italy, some say as far as India, serving as foundations for the expansive spread of Christianity throughout the world. In 301 AD, the Kingdom of Armenia became the first to declare Christianity as its state religion.

My point from the onset was, how did they become so significant in such a short period of time. Jesus preached and taught for a period of one to 3 years before he was executed at the hands of the Roman authorities in first century AD. All this growing and expansion was after Jesus' death.
They were already a force to be reckoned with b4 Constantine came on the scene.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#123505 Feb 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
He does this all the time. He somehow believes that there is only one agnostic/atheist who posts under a half dozen registrations. In his mind, "all one of us" is/are delusional, but he, the burnout, the JW cultist, the CO2 supporter and the gender confused baby talker are not...
Perfect examples of what religion does to ones mind .
Dingo Warrior

Harlan, KY

#123506 Feb 6, 2014
I am in favor of the Bible.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#123507 Feb 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, I know. I posed that question to one of the Atheist to see if he knew cause he was always saying, science this, science that, but thank you! By the way, He didn't know!
First recorded visit to the Galapagos Islands was by a catholic bishop. It was his observations and collections that contributed to the inception of Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection .

What's my point ? Most bible thumpers don't believe in evolution so why would they care about the religious figure that helped Darwin . You're asking an atheist to care about one scientists that studied the bible. It doesn't matter if you don't believe a word of it.

Location hidden

#123508 Feb 7, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
First recorded visit to the Galapagos Islands was by a catholic bishop. It was his observations and collections that contributed to the inception of Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection .
What's my point ? Most bible thumpers don't believe in evolution so why would they care about the religious figure that helped Darwin . You're asking an atheist to care about one scientists that studied the bible. It doesn't matter if you don't believe a word of it.
you're point is duly noted under BS!! he is one of the most noted scientist! not just one but one of many.. Adaption not Evolution!

Location hidden

#123509 Feb 7, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect examples of what religion does to ones mind .
How are things down on the farm?

Location hidden

#123510 Feb 7, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been reading my post? I have been talking about the timeline of first century AD to 300 AD....... from that time period, Christianity went from a 30 to 50 member sect to being the predominate religion.
By the year 100, more than 40 Christian communities existed in cities around the Mediterranean, including two in North Africa, at Alexandria and Cyrene, and several in Greece and Italy, some say as far as India, serving as foundations for the expansive spread of Christianity throughout the world. In 301 AD, the Kingdom of Armenia became the first to declare Christianity as its state religion.
My point from the onset was, how did they become so significant in such a short period of time. Jesus preached and taught for a period of one to 3 years before he was executed at the hands of the Roman authorities in first century AD. All this growing and expansion was after Jesus' death.
They were already a force to be reckoned with b4 Constantine came on the scene.
Exactly!! why do you think it was so? AFTER, his death and resurrectin?
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#123511 Feb 7, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How on Earth do you get 'snide, abusive and marginally psychotic hypocrites' to translate as: "kinder and far more enlightened type ones :-)"...???
I use a cubit litmus meter...with a big, bwack stick in duh middle--to the left is the negative(you know all the losers, users, whiners, idiots, imbeciles and other general dirtbag types) and to the Right are the positives...the do it themselvers..the non nasty, respectful of, for and towards others. the NON-greedy, sane, logical and generally, actually, REALLY decent, ethical and considerate of others type folks.

Not that hard to see which ones can't get past the negative of dat big black stick...so I just keep them lump and labelduhmed as the dirtbags they are-and say to hell with 'em...becausethose kind sure aren't worth wasting a breathe of time on

Location hidden

#123514 Feb 7, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
in my opinion
Do you think Rome killed Jesus?

United States of America

#123515 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly!! why do you think it was so? AFTER, his death and resurrectin?
I don't think it was due to any faith based notions, if that's what you're asking. They are basically defining themselves in the same terms of value {ethically and morally} as the Roman society is, nothing any different. I think the growth comes about due to a major shift in demographics at that time..Within the Roman empire, the cities were growing but the population wasn't, they were actually dying off due to plagues and famines. But outside the city you have an influx of people from the countryside other countries that are immigrating into the city, thus a new population of people.

United States of America

#123516 Feb 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think Rome killed Jesus?
I don't know what you're asking here?? Figuratively speaking, Spirituality speaking? or Relatively speaking?

The Roman Authorities killed Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DonRick Blevins? 1 hr wondering 2
Listen up people 1 hr crazy talk 3
How is Godfathers Pizza at Shell ? 2 hr Titty Sprinkles 11
Just curious Old Datsun 280Z 3 hr Santa 6
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 3 hr Excited 174
Stacey carnes 3 hr mossy seaman 3
It's a Mystery............. 8 hr Quantummist 4

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance