Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148923 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#123436 Feb 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> whatever you call it, you're wrong...you're doing nothing more than filling in the blanks with what you think, that's not Reflection, that's projecting...
Yet filling in the blanks is exactly what religious people do.

In this case the blanks are gaps in our scientific knowledge.

Although I will concede that they don't fill the blanks with what they think; preferring to use someone else's ancient myth, magic or ju-ju.

Cambridge, UK

#123437 Feb 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
All the more reason to teach the Bible in public school.
Ignorance is a terrible thing
Of course In the interests of fairness and equipping our kids with as much information to help them make a choice, it's only right that other holy books are given equal space with the Bible.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#123438 Feb 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so >snidely< defensive, curious? You >abusively< claim I have a simple mind - but project that I wasn't referring to you...are you having a >psychotic< break from reality? As YaA might say, "Whatever you want to believe."
Chroe , I am shocked . I simply stated that even the simplest of minds would understand the point sista is making. That you fit that description is merely an observation on my part , not an indictment of your mental state......
However "Those who'll play with cats must expect to be scratched.
Miguel de Cervantes

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#123439 Feb 6, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NO idea of what your insanely spewing about there, that's YOUR twisted and warped perspective, not mine.
Sorry, you spew the twisted and warped perspective, YOU own it, just don't try and beat the rest of us over our INDIVIDUAL, independent thinking heads with it, because abuse like that, is NOT welcomed.
Why are you labeling and attacking my perspective? Did you forget you just condemned me for doing that? Some would label such, hypocrisy.
I am well aware you do not welcome my perspective, because if you did, you would not be as hypocritical. Being hypocritical is clearly your rule of thumb.

Cambridge, UK

#123440 Feb 6, 2014
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>No... No you do not get it at all!
Repent, and get to know Him... You'll be glad you did!
Stop flip-flopping on this - you're all over the place.

You say that your god doesn't want us to go to Hell so I point out that your god isn't getting what he wants.

Now you say he does get what he wants.

Make your mind up.

Does your god want us to go to Hell - yes or no?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123441 Feb 6, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So, good thing for ones like YOU, there isn't a ban on shows that even references such.
Damn straight that kind of WARPED mentality is SICK in the head.
Again, lying is getting you nowhere. Just put the genocide in a proper place. If you glorify it as the bible does, and you teach it as such, I have a problem with that.
By the way, I am not asking for a ban, I am debating why I see it as bad. It is my perspective. You wish to stifle my perspective.
Now if ever find a post that I ask for a ban, then condemn it if you will.Otherwise, try debating what I actually say instead of the voices in your head.

Cambridge, UK

#123442 Feb 6, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are another member of the mentally incompetent of atheism that here abounds , I can not tell you again what I never told you before.
By your inane rantings it is obvious that you are still ingesting the mind altering drugs provided you by Q.....
Stop inhaling Elmers Glue from those brown paper bags and give your brain a much needed rest.....
Nice refutation.

I should have known better than to respond to your post.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123443 Feb 6, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Condemn away, Hitler was a sociopath too.
ANY thing like that, that perceives itself to have been created to be "more than" any of the rest of humanity, is sick.
Makes me glad again, to live in America, where topics such as the Holocaust, were NOT ignored as if they never existed, but rather instead, TAUGHT about, even at GRADE school levels-Duquette.
Far more interesting than mindless ignorance.
So I can condemn Hitler, but not god? They both are doing the same thing. And I am pointing out you are being of a double standard. You certainly failed to clear up that claim.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#123444 Feb 6, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet filling in the blanks is exactly what religious people do.
In this case the blanks are gaps in our scientific knowledge.
Although I will concede that they don't fill the blanks with what they think; preferring to use someone else's ancient myth, magic or ju-ju.
Do you know who the first scientist to try and apply science to the Bible was? I will give you a hint, He was a believer in the book..

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123445 Feb 6, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY thing like that, that perceives itself to have been created to be "more than" any of the rest of humanity, is sick.
Makes me glad again, to live in America, where topics such as the Holocaust, were NOT ignored as if they never existed, but rather instead, TAUGHT about, even at GRADE school levels-Duquette.
"Anything like that"? Well it is my perspective, the god of the bible, Koran, and Torah is "like that". And I condemn it. And for some hypocritical reason, when I do, you wish to stuff that topic in a bottle to be ignored as if it never existed.
Must I keep spelling out your hypocrisy? How can you be so damned stupid as to keep saying blatantly hypocritical things?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123446 Feb 6, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Take note, because obviously you have failed so far. I do not ask the topic of the bible be banned from school. I am simply asking it to be in the proper class, as in a comparative study. So one may see he genocides as an atrocity, instead of it just being glorified. Any study of Hitler should get the same treatment.
You see, my standards are consistent.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123447 Feb 6, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have no idea about that which you merely pitchfork and falsely accuse about.
That's YOUR problem.
Thanks for your perspective, and right back at you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123448 Feb 6, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the Christian poster think god is so much "more than humanity" that he is allowed to be genocidal.
I am not going to stuff that sick shit away.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123449 Feb 6, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not here for your "usery".
Have a nice day
Not your choice silly.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#123450 Feb 6, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Chroe , I am shocked . I simply stated that even the simplest of minds would understand the point sista is making. That you fit that description is merely an observation on my part , not an indictment of your mental state......
However "Those who'll play with cats must expect to be scratched.
Miguel de Cervantes
curious, I know what Sista was stating and I really have no interest in your sophomoric "I know you are but what am I" drivel.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#123451 Feb 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know who the first scientist to try and apply science to the Bible was? I will give you a hint, He was a believer in the book..
This is a interesting read, kinda like some of the topics we debate here.

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/galileo.ht...
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#123452 Feb 6, 2014
sisAmanInaDress flaming again?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123453 Feb 6, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Lord,
I thank you for what you've done in my life!
Thank you for opening my eyes, and showing me the evil
in this world, Please open the eyes of these that deny you!
Soften their hearts to hear you, and let them see the evil
they are, as you've done for me!
Thank you again!
What a sweet prayer.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#123454 Feb 6, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a interesting read, kinda like some of the topics we debate here.
http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/galileo.ht...
Informative read, Thank you!
Justice_-

United States

#123455 Feb 6, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice ,No matter what name you post under,your mental incompetence is quite obvious.
YOU ARE LYING and you know it . I did not cherry pick any examples. The immoral condoning of Beastality , incest and other ills by the Leaders of atheism , who have dubbed themselves the 4 horsemen of Atheism , Hitchens , Dawkins , Dennett and Harris ,is not something to be taken lightly . To that list we must also add Peter Singer.
And why do they condone those types of behaviour? Because as ATHEISTS THEY HAVE NO MORAL COMPASS. They have stated that if one considers these acts as bringing one pleasure , then they can be considered as ethical.I do not place much stock in your rantings,
you are the one that judged your parents to be irrational and dishonored your dead uncle's last wishes.
Tell us what it is that you base your morals on?
The truth can be a bitter pill to swallow , but , swallow it you must.
Those are your leaders who are expressing those views and who have been defemded on many occasions on this website by those of your faith...
What dead uncle? Mine are all living.. My profile is logged in every time I post...I can't take credit for someone else that pissed you off. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that disagrees with your rantings ......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jill 1 hr Awful 3
KCHS principal 2 hr knox 24
Msc topic disappeared wonder why lol??? 3 hr Lmao 1
I love you 3 hr The real fact 26
Anyone seen Kilgore fight ? 3 hr Jack 12
amber brock (Oct '09) 4 hr Now 42
tara 4 hr Question 10
Liquor License to locals only 14 hr governor 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance