Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,243

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123203 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty much what I am trying to point out to those who think he was instructed to kill by a perfect and moral god. Kind of hard to do when you keep enabling them.
Stick your pitchfork in your own eye and clean it-Dukey...you're smelling dysfunctional.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123204 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well as much as the words please and saying my name like a grown up instead of a third grader helps, it is going to take a bit more. Maybe stop enabling.
Maybe you should stop pitchforking.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123205 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you keep enabling them/it.
I don't do dysfunctional out of the of MY own business, so that Bullchit.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123206 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If you could only show a post where I said you do not have that right, you might sound logical. But as usual, you are arguing the voices in your head that have been brainwashed by the likes of Curious.
And as usual, you are transferring your dislikes of someone elses postings, and ignorantly trying to pitchfork them onto someone else.

Which is REALLY lame Duquette, because most of that type of thing...I just scroll on by..just like I've said before-or did you miss THAT as well?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#123207 Feb 4, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a heathen atheist you can't possibly understand the answers I gave due to your complete ignorance.
Please do not respond to my posts again you are useless
Once upon a time you could make that demand of my silence. Then America formed by those who could see religion for what it really is. America set standards for what believers can demand. And now that you can no longer get your demands by law, you whine and pout like a child. I fully understand your answers. Please show me one answer I did not understand? But of course you will not. You will just sling unfounded accusations and call me names like a child.

(Oh, and calling someone "useless" is dehumanizing. It is the stuff of holocausts. Please learn some history before you help repeat the atrocities.

This message goes for either side. I see all humans as useful for some sort of information. It is one reason I am completely against the death penalty.
Peace sells but who's buying? Megadeath.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123208 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if the bible does not call him a saint, then he is what, irrelevant? The bible portrays him as simply following a perfect god, and thus the believers here see his actions of killing babies and taking virgins as moral. Why keep sweeping that fact under the rug?
I see no moral lessons of the story, even if it lead some away from slavery. The story is teaching people that killing can be moral if a god supposedly condones it.
The 9/11 highjackers clearly believed the god they worshiped condoned the killing they did for the very same reasons. And you keep enabling such.
Okay Duquette-lets get this straight. There's a LOT of people that can read the Bible and actually SEE and comprehend it for what it is...NOT what YOU perceive. Just because YOU perceive something in a certain aspect, does NOT mean every body else does.
Or did you miss MY perception (for example) of your whole Moses rant as well?
And here's another newsflash for ya Duquette, a lot of people REALIZE, the 9/11 terrorists were JUST THAT-extreme, psychoTic terrorists with jihadism on their twisted and warped psychoTic agendas.
And I enable NO such dark age, evil doing, DISGUSTINGness.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123209 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>One could surely cherry pick some good stuff out of Mein Kampf also.

Not on my reading list.

Glad to live in America, a nation that allows people CHOICES of what to read, rather than DICTATE communistically, to them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123210 Feb 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> That would be like saying, 3 billion people are playing follow the leader, and not a d@mn one of them have any common sense(everyday knowledge) the muslim God and christian God are one in the same. they're still fighting the millinea war between Issac and Ishmael, that itself should tell you something. Sure, everyone wants hope and belief in something, but to assume they're so brainwashed that they'll just fall for anything is absurd, to me anyway..I want to be needed and wanted also but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go join a "cult" to get it. To think that one man started the worlds greatest following on fiction is way more absurd to believe than not! If something hadn't have happened, it would've simply died out, but the powers that be, saw what was happening and pounced on it, starting with Pilate and his giving into the people, obviously, for his own benefit and the future of Rome..Instead of killing evil(Barabbas) Pilate crucified good(Jesus) All for polictical favor and gain..To discredit Jesus, one would have to discredit all...In my opinion!
You do not need to join a cult to be part of the herd. You feel a need to be wanted, as most any human does, thus you join the majority herd(Christians). You join team god. You are thus feeling the delusion(I know this sounds harsh) of being wanted by god.
It sucks this all sounds so darned disrespectful, but I am not very good at putting it nicely. Not sure if it really can be done nicely. It is a hard truth I have learned. Not all truths are nice feeling, thus many lie to spare others feelings.
As you can see, some here resort to calling me a Heathen due to my outspoken opinion of hard truths. I am sure if a man named Jesus actually said half of what is claimed of him, he also was called such names.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123211 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Even with so much bad on television, at least it does not condone taking virgins, killing infants, and genocide.
I would not allow a child to watch all television, nor ask it be a class in public school.
Learn to pronounce your "v's". Most kids do by age five or six.
B your ILLogical stupidity, just the very AIRING of such henious acts of violence perpetrated against others daily, does.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123212 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly to complex for you to handle.
Now tell me, when are you going to be consistent on this thread? I am wondering if you feel Curious condemns with a pitchfork? From my perspective, it is all he does. Yet your silence on it is deafening.
I don't do lemming, herd pack, animalisTic ignorance either Duquette.

That's for pack hyenas and other dog level, non-intelligent mentalcase mentalities.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123213 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Pointing out that killing people for worshiping a calf is a start. Kind of hard to continue if we cannot clear up the basics.
It just shows the megalomaniacal barbaric WRONGS that often exist due to the egos of the IMperfections of MANkind...as seen time and time again..through out history.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123214 Feb 4, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Duquette-lets get this straight. There's a LOT of people that can read the Bible and actually SEE and comprehend it for what it is...NOT what YOU perceive. Just because YOU perceive something in a certain aspect, does NOT mean every body else does.
Or did you miss MY perception (for example) of your whole Moses rant as well?
And here's another newsflash for ya Duquette, a lot of people REALIZE, the 9/11 terrorists were JUST THAT-extreme, psychoTic terrorists with jihadism on their twisted and warped psychoTic agendas.
And I enable NO such dark age, evil doing, DISGUSTINGness.
I am sure as we have seen by many testimonies of Muslims, they feel no enabling ever happens. Even in the case of 9/11. But of course that is most ignorant. You simply make claims with zero logic, reason, or evidence.
Of course you do not feel you enable. Who does? It is common denial.`Yet you are here defending the believers and condemning the non believers every time. No matter who is demonizing or holding the proverbial pitchfork. If you had an ounce of consistency, I might just take you seriously. But clearly all can see you are for one team, and one team only.

Again, I challenge you to condemn any actions ever claimed by the bible to be of good? As of yet, you have not done so.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123215 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You disagreed with my condemnation, so you lied and made claims of trying to ban.
Hope you learned your lesson.
There was no lesson Duquette, other than how truly IMperfect humanity in general, is.

Which I realized personally, a long time ago, being human myself and all.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123216 Feb 4, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't do lemming, herd pack, animalisTic ignorance either Duquette.
That's for pack hyenas and other dog level, non-intelligent mentalcase mentalities.
Everyone does to a certain extent. And you are not the one sole exception Mr. Hubris. You are an animal, just as I am. You will follow the instincts, as we all do. It is all a matter of how much. To deny otherwise is a denial of fact. But thanks for showing your lack of understanding of human nature. It allows me to understand you that much more. All humans are good for that. Anyone who claims a human is useless is problematic and is enabling genocide. This message is for both sides, as I have seen it on both sides. Unlike Sista, I am not afraid to call out my own side.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123217 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure as we have seen by many testimonies of Muslims, they feel no enabling ever happens. Even in the case of 9/11. But of course that is most ignorant. You simply make claims with zero logic, reason, or evidence.
Of course you do not feel you enable. Who does? It is common denial.`Yet you are here defending the believers and condemning the non believers every time. No matter who is demonizing or holding the proverbial pitchfork. If you had an ounce of consistency, I might just take you seriously. But clearly all can see you are for one team, and one team only.
Again, I challenge you to condemn any actions ever claimed by the bible to be of good? As of yet, you have not done so.
You're asking me to be a lump and labelduhm BIGOT, based upon extremists.

Sorry, can't do that.

Or I'd have ALL people in DC, for example, labeled into a "rotten apple" file.

And that wold just be ignorant.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123218 Feb 4, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no lesson Duquette, other than how truly IMperfect humanity in general, is.
Of course you will never learn a lesson you feel you do not already know. You stopped learning long ago. Your mind is closed shut by all indications.
Fact, I do not ask for a ban of the bible. I do often condemn parts of the bible. Their is a difference you refuse to acknowledge due to extreme hubris.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123219 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone does to a certain extent. And you are not the one sole exception Mr. Hubris. You are an animal, just as I am. You will follow the instincts, as we all do. It is all a matter of how much. To deny otherwise is a denial of fact. But thanks for showing your lack of understanding of human nature. It allows me to understand you that much more. All humans are good for that. Anyone who claims a human is useless is problematic and is enabling genocide. This message is for both sides, as I have seen it on both sides. Unlike Sista, I am not afraid to call out my own side.
When one is doing nothing but insulting others beliefs, different perspective etc etc, just to try and "demean them", then yes, one is doing NOTHING useful.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123220 Feb 4, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You're asking me to be a lump and labelduhm BIGOT, based upon extremists.
Sorry, can't do that.
Or I'd have ALL people in DC, for example, labeled into a "rotten apple" file.
And that wold just be ignorant.
Nice diversion from my point. And yes, I should never say "all" about any group.
But in general, I stand by my statement. I note you ignore, ignore, ignore. Guess I should give up any hope of a real intellectual discussion with you. You are for a win, and a win only for team believer.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123221 Feb 4, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So you did not learn that putting me in a label of banning was wrong? I am sorry, forgot you were the sole perfect human on the planet.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#123222 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you will never learn a lesson you feel you do not already know. You stopped learning long ago. Your mind is closed shut by all indications.
Fact, I do not ask for a ban of the bible. I do often condemn parts of the bible. Their is a difference you refuse to acknowledge due to extreme hubris.
Hubris-that you would even begin to think, that you'd have ANY idea of what I learn or don't learn daily.
I personally condemn hubris, often finding it to be nothing but FOOLS play.

hu·bris
noun \&#712;hyü-br&#601;s\

: a great or foolish amount of pride or confidence
Full Definition of HUBRIS
: exaggerated pride or self-confidence
— hu·bris·tic adjective
See hubris defined for English-language learners »
Examples of HUBRIS

His failure was brought on by his hubris.
When conceived it was a project of almost unimaginable boldness and foolhardiness, requiring great bravura, risking great hubris.—Simon Winchester, The Professor and the Madman, 1998

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 6 min funny 480
pnc 12 min PncCustomer 14
Same ole Gary and Bonita Williams 18 min UKFAN 8
any girls in barbourville strip 22 min LOL 4
lets go to florida 25 min Drive Fast 29
No super high speed internet in rural area's 29 min Hummm 5
Country village 32 min Answer 3
Hampton Funeral Home Question? 3 hr jack 6
dinky phipps 4 hr literally 27
To the Garland family Sun Elvis 16