Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 174715 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#123113 Feb 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hades is god of the underworld..
So you believe in more than one god? Polytheist?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#123114 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you are on a fishing trip, trying to figure out why the bible would admit a woman could report something? Funny part is, the Jews were of the god of Jesus, and thus that means putting women in a place that can be seen and not heard is of the same god. It is immoral and barbaric. Many Christians, Jews and Muslims still follow similar ideas of bigotry towards women, likely in part due to your holy books views on women.
Now back to your fishing trip. I can see you are insinuating that the resurrection must be of truth, or else they would have inserted a man into the story. Well part of the problem here is, even if a body is missing, it need not imply only one way of moving. Magic is not always the answer. It may have simply been other followers moving a body. It stands to reason, and the bibles account does not stand to reason.
Maybe a group of roman navy seals moved jesus bin ladens body so it would not become a shrine. Of course the whole story is based on mythical nonsense so lets say the roman navy seals rode griffins and said abracadabra and the stone rolled away and they incinerated the body with ray guns. That gives us an explanation of how the shroud came to have a outline on it.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#123115 Feb 4, 2014
Let states regulate public school bible study, not the federal government.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#123116 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well just who are "they" here? Only one version tells of Magdalene, the other three gospels have a different story. Thus one could conclude the likelihood of parts of the story being false. You will never know what is real about this stuff.
Now if you wish to concentrate on the words of Jesus, why are you asking about this?
And if you wish to concentrate on the words of Jesus, fine, just don't expect me to believe he is more than a man. Don't expect me to believe this apocalypse/genocide. And please do not insist children must be taught this genocide is good.
I do not expect nor care what you believe. To each is own, live and let die! I am not insisting children be taught anything other than what they wanna believe! You do you, I'll save my own soul!

Location hidden

#123117 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you believe in more than one god? Polytheist?
Did i say that? it is all of interest to me!

“There is no god.”

USA

#123118 Feb 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
How about you religious nuts leave the children alone.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#123119 Feb 4, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Is New Testament Chruch (NTCC) a cult?

Location hidden

#123120 Feb 4, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, a christian. Straight to the children and sex. You religious nuts are all the same. You posted you have been in jail. Were you just a run of the mill religiously impaired pervert or a catholic priest when you got caught? Nevermind, like the rest of the holyhatebible thumping idiots you're not worth the effort.
Another of your unenlightened observations...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123121 Feb 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Where did i state anything about Jim Jones? Jim Jones was a psychopathetic egomaniac dictator, Jim Jones gave his followers no choice, God gave Abraham a choice(freewill) people had no freewill with Jim Jones, I f you can't see the diff, i can't explain it to you. Well i could but you obviously wouldn't get it!
Did the followers of Moses have free will in the sense you are speaking? He killed those who defied what he demanded. Seems their was zero freedom. The religion you follow was built upon force, not good ideals.

“There is no god.”

USA

#123122 Feb 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Another of your unenlightened observations...
Actually it was spot on christian. Why the denial?

“There is no god.”

USA

#123123 Feb 4, 2014
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is New Testament Chruch (NTCC) a cult?
Hiya SS,

Was planning a trip down your way in the near future.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123124 Feb 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Test of Obedience. Trust and Faith w/out question.
One should always question, and especially so when commanded to murder. You are simply showing why faith is dangerous.
You show why and how leaders of religion can demand followers to war and kill. It is the lure for leaders.
Understanding what morality is prevents the many atrocities committed by religious followers.
Sista is the enabler.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123125 Feb 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Tell that BS to them plenty of fish dudes. You got the wrong one here. I sell, not buy, hence the name..I still think you're a hottie, even tho you don't know shyt bout what you're talking about.. So save it! The full of shyt thread is that way>>>>>>
You are a terrible sells person. You forget, some people question.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#123126 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Those who support genocide and targeted killing of children can be found on this thread.
You admitted the genocides of the bible were good. That is called support. You supported the taking of virgin girls for Moses' soldiers. You supported the killing of the male children and even infants.
Now you may not think that is "support" but we already know your level of denial.
And Sista supports you. That is by definition of the word, enabling. You guys need to learn what words mean.
Your so called genocide of the Bible is due to your misinterpretation of the facts.
We are accustomed to the lies for atheism that you and yours are all to eager to spread..
We also believe that Atheists need to get a worthwhile life instead of continuosly debating that which they claim does not exist and accusing those whom they claim never existed and making misguided , misinformed and absurd allegationst against them.
Although you claim they never existed you are unable to get God and Moses out of your mind .
You guys are a psychiatrist's nightmare ,
Now , instead of debating that which you do not believe in , you should devote your time in helping those poor souls that have been decomverted , some of which have or are contemplating suicide , are gripped by deep depression , are turning to alcoho; and drugs to ease their misery...
Also , contact those leaders within your faith who condone Beastiality ,necrophelia , incest , infantricide and those at NAMBLA who are attempting to weaken and rescind our Child protection laws and let them know that you and other Atheists are adamantly opposed to such perverted behaviour , if such are your beliefs.......Don't just pay lip service , get involved.
Making false allegations against those whom you claim never existed demonstrates that there is something dredadfully wrong with your mind , but not only yours , Chroe , Q , Spaced out , Lodi ,LOL . Krak and Witchetty...
BTW , Tell witchetty that we are sick and tired of hearing of the usage of vaginas.
What she does with hers is her business and I personally , do not want to know.
Undoubtedly , she has never used it in such a way that she needs be ashamed , BUT I don't care

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123127 Feb 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Is bryan phillips still around? donald newcome still in jail?
So you use tactics like this for diversions? Wow, what a piece of shit you are. At least we now off the bat what kind of person you are.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123128 Feb 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
ChromiuMan wrote: The man Jesus and the mythical being Jesus have become inseparable. That is the only "intelligent design" apparent in "Christian science." There is no
pusherman_ wrote: I am not talking about anyone really. whether or not Jesus was either, myth, man, or whatever, the teachings and words are very real, and to me, that's what's important. Most people are to busy worrying about this or that and not focusing on the teachings...maybe you can tell me why it is that, the bible gives credit to Mary Magdalene as being the first person to see and speak to Jesus, after resurrection, when at that time period, Jews believed women should be seen and not heard when it came to matters involving the church, Yet here they give credit to a woman for one of the greatest events in mankind. Why not give credit to the writer or one of Jesus' male disciples? They wrote this book and went against their own selves by giving her credit.. Doesn't make much sense to me, Maybe you can enlighten me on this?
You gonna answer my question ChromiuMan?
Oh, so you wish for others to answer your questions, but you run from theirs? You really have zero idea of how reality works, do you?

Location hidden

#123129 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did the followers of Moses have free will in the sense you are speaking? He killed those who defied what he demanded. Seems their was zero freedom. The religion you follow was built upon force, not good ideals.
They "chose" to follow Moses into the land of nod(wandering) The foundation of a people and nation was being set by the Exodus, not by Moses, but by God. So Moses had no more say than the least amoung them, After he came down from MT. SINAI and saw they was worshiping the Golden Calf, it wasn't Moses who punished them. God opened up the earth and it swallowed them, Moses was only an administer of punishment(tool) He, himself was forbid from entering the promised land, as you know, One must assume that God was commanding Moses to punish the disobedient, The stage was being set for the coming of the Lord and no disobedience was gonna be tolerated.. Don't presume to know me or whom or what i follow...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123130 Feb 4, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You may be partially right . Mary was at the crucifixion and burial and was the first to see Jesus alive after the crucufixion.
The 11 remaining Apostles , after stating they were willing to die with him ,ran off instead and hid.
They went from believers to Atheists within a short period of time . As Atheists , they cowered in fear and had Nothing to look forward to.
But , something occured that transformed these cowardly Atheists into staunch believers who gave their lives for the cause that they now knew to be true as they were witnesses to the Resurrection of Christ.
Neither persecution , threats or arrests could detain them from the mission for which they had been selected .
After they witnessed the appearance among them of the Living Christ , their lives now had a meaning , no longer Atheists , but diehard believers .
They now had something to live for and accomplish in this life and could look forward to the next life.
Had they remained atheists , as Thomas almost did , they'd not have had anything to live for in this life and no hope for the next.
As it is true today ,, Atheists have nothing worthwhile to live for.
They started an Atheist church in London , patterned after Christian Churches , in order to be ABLE TO WORSHIP THAT WHICH THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN.
What kind of a life is that?
Now ,it turns out , the Church is already falling apart with different groups seeking dominance....Unbelief is a poor excuse that will not keep people together.
Moreover , let us look at the lives of Atheists on this forum.
You all have spent years and probably most of your lives debating something you do not believe in?
What is your hope?
Not only do you not believe in God , but you accuse him of all kinds of imagined wrongs which he did not commit,,,,,,and based on your beliefs , he could not have committed them because you claim he does not exist.
So your Atheist Faith has caused you to lead a very useless , illogical amd insane lifestyle....
This lifestyle has led it's followers to have some major mental and physical problems within it's rankis and you know it to be true.....Suicide , deep depression ,alcohol and dug abuse , much more than nay other groups ,Independent studies confirm those facts.....
A study by the Marine Corps , in attempting to deal with suicides in our armed forces ,concluded that Atheists are more likely to commit suicide that any other group.
So it seems ,you atheists havent found much to live for.
Now you are being forced to denounce those within your faith who condone Necrophilia , beastiality and other malignant beliefs and you know who they are.
So you are partially right , those men became Atheists and cowards for a short time,
but Our Lord and Saviour transformed them into the courageous messengers of our Faith.
Our God Reigns , Christ is Lord and we have much to live for in this life and the next
For a second there, I thought you were going to write a post that was not focused on demonizing, and dehumanizing atheists.
Ironically, Sista has yet to point out your pitchforkedness.

Location hidden

#123131 Feb 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You are a terrible sells person. You forget, some people question.
She is a good gal, i have talked with her before in another place. I came off as an ahole there, but it is, what it is...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#123132 Feb 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> They "chose" to follow Moses into the land of nod(wandering) The foundation of a people and nation was being set by the Exodus, not by Moses, but by God. So Moses had no more say than the least amoung them, After he came down from MT. SINAI and saw they was worshiping the Golden Calf, it wasn't Moses who punished them. God opened up the earth and it swallowed them, Moses was only an administer of punishment(tool) He, himself was forbid from entering the promised land, as you know, One must assume that God was commanding Moses to punish the disobedient, The stage was being set for the coming of the Lord and no disobedience was gonna be tolerated.. Don't presume to know me or whom or what i follow...
And how is that any different than the followers of Jim Jones?
All those words and you forgot to address the question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Bob Corey win or lose ? 1 hr Tap Out 45
The girl found dead at swan pond church 2 hr Kept hush hush 1
does anyone know Stanley sparks and his family (Jun '15) 2 hr Lolol 123 8
Sheriff race 3 hr Resident 19
Do u know 3 hr Haha 123 1
Eversole or Phipps for Judge 5 hr Voter 10
Do you think Tim Melton would be a Great Princi... (May '09) 6 hr voter 21

Barbourville Jobs

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages