Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166472 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#122833 Feb 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
never heard of him
Why are you still posting when you haven't answered where you got the notion that Noah was ridiculed and that the neighbors' children were invited onto the boat?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#122835 Feb 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
While Congress shall pass no law respecting an establishment of religion, the Koran and the Bible aren't the same, neither is Satanism and Christianity. We are a Christian nation, not a theocracy.
You're not a Christian nation. If you were a Christian nation you'd be a theocracy. You're a nation with a majority population of Christians and that's not the same as being a Christian nation.

The Quran and the Bible aren't the same but they get equality of treatment. Satanism isn't the same as Christianity but Satanists have the same right in your society that Christians have.
Brian_G wrote:
Thanks, but we're discussing the issue of bible study in public schools. Remember?
Yes, we are.

The US Constitution forbids one religion having preference over another so it looks like you're screwed.

If this upsets you, you have two options:

1: Commit treason against the United States; overthrow its legally elected government and set up your own country in which only people whose opinions are identical to yours are allowed to have a voice.

2: Piss off to some other country that doesn't recognise the right to freedom of speech.

Cambridge, UK

#122836 Feb 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Moses defied all our constitution protects. Moses honored nothing our laws were made of.
I sometimes wonder whether those believers would relinquish all the rights they currently enjoy to live under the laws of the OT

My bet is that they prefer man's law to the edicts of their god.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#122837 Feb 2, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
We are a nation with a majority of Christians, which not the same as being a Christian nation. America as a government does not endorse any particular religion. We even had most of the founding fathers sign a treaty saying so. Congress passed this treaty unanimously. The treaty of Tripoli. It explicitly states, the United states is not a Christian nation. Meaning, it does not endorse the religion. If we were a Christian nation, it would be what theocracies make claim to. If our government put one religion before all others, it is what theocracies do.
I'm glad you brought up what's also called the "Treaty of Peace and Friendship between the United States of America and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli of Barbary"

President Obama bombed Tripoli, overturned the government of Tripoli and had the Bey murdered by his allies. The Treaty of Tripoli has been abrogated; President Obama used it to wipe his bum.
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#122838 Feb 2, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you ruined the lives of others, and now you wish to condemn all who may not believe your stories? You already ruined at least one family, now you are shooting for more?
Hahahaha!
I said it in the first statement...
"I know you like playing the Dipstick"
And you keep playing it!

Can I get you to PLEASE Pray for WISDOM???
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#122839 Feb 2, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did I say you condone violence? Nope, so why lie? You defend the book that condones violence.
If you'd read the Bible like you said you did, AND had a modicum of wisdom about you....
you'd know the Bible does not condone the things you say....
It's a History book, with rules to follow, and a window into the mind of God!
God said: Choose Righteousness unto LIFE, or
Sin unto Death!
Your Problem is... You WANT Sin unto Death, but worse yet...
You THINK Denying the Creator with half baked theories...
You'll cancel out God!
The more you post your idiocy.... the more you Prove the Bible, and God TRUE!
Sad part is.... you lack the Wisdom to see it!

God is REAL... I KNOW, and you do too!

Romans 1, John 3:16-20 just for a few!
Deny all you want... your just spitting into the wind!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#122840 Feb 2, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure many would deserve being tortured for all eternity. I am not really pro torture you see. I feel it is not moral. But I could see Hitler and Moses deserving that sort of punishment for a bit. Probably not eternity though. It is a bit excessive. Not just at all.
I would love for someone to use a rational argument against what I just said. I doubt it will happen with the non rational bible promoters here.
Hell wasn't made for man, but he WANTS to go there!

Here is that rational argument...
It's WHO you sin against!
Step on an ant.... nobody would care!
You see a whole lot of crime against "Lesser" persons Like Babies... Few lift their voice!
Kill a cop... Get Life!
Kill the POTUS, or a King... you get lethal injection!
Sin against God, by teaching Children that He's a myth.... I can see Hell as a punishment!
Jesus even said "To offend one of these little ones, it'd be better that a millstone be tied around your neck, and cast into the sea!"!

The Bible teaches you HOW to avoid Hell, but people keep choosing it!
Go figure!

Cambridge, UK

#122841 Feb 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
I said it in the first statement...
"I know you like playing the Dipstick"
And you keep playing it!
Can I get you to PLEASE Pray for WISDOM???
MIke is right.

You screwed up yours and probably some other people's lives.

Now you want to try and screw up everyone else's lives by trying to get them to adopt your ju-ju. It's a good thing that people are getting wise to the con trick that is Christianity and seeing it for the superstitious mumbo jumbo that it actually is.

I don't care if you want to believe in a god.

I don't care if you need to nail a dead chicken to your bedpost and dance naked round your room if it gives your life purpose.

Whatever you do, please just keep your ju-ju to yourself.
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#122842 Feb 2, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well I believe it is about this world, and those who ignore it are part of the problem, not part of the solution.
Then... you fail the test!
Remember that with your last breath!

Cambridge, UK

#122843 Feb 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Hell wasn't made for man, but he WANTS to go there!
Men go to hell because it's exactly what your god wants.

He wants to put men there.

Like Hitler putting the Jews into the gas chambers. Except that your god's ovens will last for ever.
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#122844 Feb 2, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Moses has returned!!!!
So you spent forty days as punishment for ruining a family of four? So ten days for each human you ruined?
Now do you think eternity is a just punishment for not believing your story?
I repented, and took them all to church, the know God is real, and they have their own path now!

So... What satan meant for evil, God turned to Good!

You have a path you've chosen... what's gonna be the rest of YOUR story???

Cambridge, UK

#122845 Feb 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
If you'd read the Bible....
Ah yes, this is the book that people say was written by the creator of the universe.

The trouble is, there are quite a few other books that men say were written by the creator of the universe.

Perhaps we should read them all.

Cambridge, UK

#122846 Feb 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I repented, and took them all to church, the know God is real, and they have their own path now!
So... What satan meant for evil, God turned to Good!
You have a path you've chosen... what's gonna be the rest of YOUR story???
Satan?

The biggest super villain in the universe?

He was created by your god.

How dumb was that?

It's like planting poison ivy all over a child's garden. Only much dumber.
How stupid can you be

Versailles, KY

#122847 Feb 2, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see you quote from the Constitution.
The American Constitution provides for better rights than the god of the Bible ever gave.
Your god would rather kill people than let them choose their own religion.
The Constitution, our Laws, and our Bill of rights came from the Bible, as
God filled men WROTE them!
Buy a clue!
How stupid can you be

Versailles, KY

#122848 Feb 2, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Need I say anything?
Prove he didn't!
You cannot!
You can suppose, and guess, but you cannot prove anything against God, and the Bible!
Knowing God is real... I believe he did!
How stupid can you be

Versailles, KY

#122849 Feb 2, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Men go to hell because it's exactly what your god wants.
He wants to put men there.
Like Hitler putting the Jews into the gas chambers. Except that your god's ovens will last for ever.
And... you want to go there!
How stupid is that?

Cambridge, UK

#122852 Feb 2, 2014
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>And... you want to go there!
How stupid is that?
Let's get this straight: You"re saying that your god built Hell but he doesn't want people to go there?

Cambridge, UK

#122853 Feb 2, 2014
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>The Constitution, our Laws, and our Bill of rights came from the Bible, as
God filled men WROTE them!
Buy a clue!
Ah yes, I can see that you're truly inspired.

It's best that I don't argue with you because I think I've met my match.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#122854 Feb 2, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I sometimes wonder whether those believers would relinquish all the rights they currently enjoy to live under the laws of the OT
My bet is that they prefer man's law to the edicts of their god.
I find it amusing that these people who enjoy a democratic society think they would be so happy living under the rule of a KING.
They must not understand what that truly means.
It's like living in the enlightenment of the Rennaissance and wanting to go back to the Dark Ages.
Silly people.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#122855 Feb 2, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's get this straight: You"re saying that your god built Hell but he doesn't want people to go there?
He11 wasn't built, it was created! Not for man, but for Satan and his band of outlaw Angels!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conservative Christian's. 6 min steve 3
(Feb '12) 10 min Wanda 3
Today Eclipse 18 min Petty Patty 12
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 27 min just mee 83
Branstutter tax? 1 hr Help 1
Is it ok to date your 5th cousin?? (Feb '12) 1 hr Freaky Kin 42
Smith Used Cars (by Wal Mart) 1 hr whothehellcares 23

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance