Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 165695 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#122501 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still dumb as dirt , even after you changed your moniker fro Lodi to the Box.
I've never changed names on this site. And I'm far smarter than you are.
Curious wrote:
It was obvious that the poster was not an Atheist and was mocking the behaviour of those like yourself , who condone such aberrant behaviour
The poster is an atheist. The post in question is from a site called AskTheAtheists.com . The post gave a clear answer that "informed consent" is the important factor in sexual acts and then followed that with a facetious sentence about how people are welcome to try having "consensual" sex with lions, tigers, bears, and alligators since they could really express a lack of consent.

Your lack of reading comprehension is not a knock against my ethics.
Curious wrote:
But , more to the point , Peter Singer states that hye sees nothing wrong with Beastiality or necrophilia as long as the perpetrator has the consent of him whom he is trying to sexually abuse.
...who cares what Peter Singer thinks? I'm not Peter Singer. Peter Singer is of no importance to me.
Curious wrote:
Rape by any other name ,is still rape , whether it be a Beast or a corpse.
Correct. I do not support any form of sex which is non-consensual. Your Bible does though.

Location hidden

#122502 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found 5 Atheist leaders who condone such aberrant behaviour , they are your High priests.
Atheism has no leaders.
Curious wrote:
I have yet to find an Atheist on this website who dondems such perverted behaviour.
Your silence speaks volumes
I am against bestiality, necrophilia and any other non-consensual sexual acts. Happy?

Now can you explain why the god of the Bible condones rape?

Location hidden

#122503 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a faith,deny it all you want. The other "RANDOM ATHEISTS ' as you call them , are the selfsame debauchers who preach and advocate your faith.....Leaders of your faith and community ,, Peter Singer , Hitchens , Dawkins , Harris , Krauss etal.
Your denials are refuted by the facts.
You don't have any facts. You're just making the same claims over and over when they're wrong.

Atheism isn't a faith. It doesn't have any leaders. There are atheists who are more prominent than others, but prominence isn't leadership. Fred Phelps is a more prominent Christian than you are, Curious. Does that make him YOUR leader?
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#122504 Jan 29, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is amazing how intelligent you are and yet you do not know anything. Do you have any idea why God ordered the annulation of Amalek ? You are so intelligent maybe you would do well to do some research and find the answer why. When you do then I am sure you will in no way ever again compare the ruler of the universe to Hitler!
I believe that the Hebrew god is the most evil character of all time.

Location hidden

#122506 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your silence speaks volumes and your excuses are an abomination
Are you going to tell us why you follow a religion that condoned rape, slavery, and genocide? Your silence speaks volumes.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122507 Jan 29, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Honestly? I've been MIA for some time now, and Curious is so desperate and predictable that all one really needs to do is give him enough rope, and he will hang himself in every post he makes.
As stated long ago, when Curious is being pummeled in the conversation, he will bring out one of his tactics of multi moniker user.
At least you're consistent!
OYE canto e loco , how are your espanich lessons coming along , Hopefully a lot better than your attemppts to hide your identities.
So you were MIA and suddenly , when your aliases are thrown under the bus, you conveniently make an entrance in an attempt to deceive.... You still part of that Chain of Fools of which I sometimes make mention.
Where is this pummeling that is being administered and by whom?
What I see is my accusing Atheist/ Evolutionists being charged with defending perverted and deviant behaviour and their disciples at a loss to defend such aberrant behaviour and throeing up smokescreens ... Crawl back under your rock and at your next zoophalia meeting try and come up with some acceptable response ,such as , we can't help ourselves ,we are deviants at heart..
get a hold of Witchetty , she will mentor you on how to be able to disingenuously claim that she has never committed an act for which she need not feel ashamed , regardless of how aberrant and perverted it might be.........
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122508 Jan 29, 2014
TheCandyMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, are you really this stupid?
TheCandyman is the name given by the police to the pervert who hung around children's playgrounds offering sweets to little boys.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#122509 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also the favorite of the atheist Marquis de Sade
Marquis ,Whats for dinner?? My favorite ,S-H-I-T on a stick!!
Gross ,but true..........
de Sade was a lunatic and spent 34 years of his life in an an institute of the criminally insane...

Using him as an example of an atheist is as idiotic as using Jim Jones as an example of a up standing Christian....
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#122510 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist Marquis DeSade had some appetizers that he advised his Atheist friends to try it, you'll like it
As they say on the streets " Atheists eat that shit up like buttered popcorn.
"The darkest of these objects is fecal excrement, which Sade advocates that we consume with relish (no pun intended), writing,DeSade "No habit is more easily acquired than mard (excrement)-savoring; eat one, delicious, eat another, no two taste exactly alike, but all are subtle and the effect is somewhat that of an olive."
Your god makes people eat their own fecal matter. Surpise!! Your god's MOP, the bible.

Deuteronomy 28:15
But suppose you don’t obey the Lord your God. And you aren’t careful to follow all of his commands and rules I’m giving you today. Then God will send curses on you.

Deuteronomy 28:28
The Lord will make you lose your mind. He will make you blind. You won’t know what’s going on.

Deuteronomy 28:53
So you will eat your own children. You will eat the dead bodies of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you.

Deuteronomy 28:56
There may be a gentle and caring woman among you....She will eat what comes out of her body after she has a baby. Then she’ll even eat her baby. She won’t share it with anyone in her family. She’ll plan to eat it in secret.

Ezekiel 4:12 And thou shalt eat it [as] barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122511 Jan 29, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god makes people eat their own fecal matter. Surpise!! Your god's MOP, the bible.
But suppose you don’t obey the Lord your God. And you aren’t careful to follow all of his commands and rules I’m giving you today. Then God will send curses on you.
The Lord will make you lose your mind. He will make you blind. You won’t know what’s going on.
So you will eat your own children. You will eat the dead bodies of the sons and daughters the Lord your God has given you.
There may be a gentle and caring woman among you....She will eat what comes out of her body after she has a baby. Then she’ll even eat her baby. She won’t share it with anyone in her family. She’ll plan to eat it in secret.
Ezekiel 4:12 And thou shalt eat it [as] barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight.
As usual ,in your futile attempt to mislead and deceive ,you left out THE BLESSINGS for obedience and merely pointed to the punishment for disobedience.
Everyone was given a CHOICE and whichever they chose ,obedience or disobedience ,would depend on whether they would be blessed or cursed . It was the people's choice to make.If a curse befell them,it was of their own making.
The Chain of Fools of which you are a part, has many weak links
Blessings for Obedience

28 If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2 All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:

3 You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.

4 The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

5 Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.

6 You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.

7 The Lord will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven.

8 The Lord will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The Lord your God will bless you in the land he is giving you.

9 The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in obedience to him. 10 Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they will fear you. 11 The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you.

12 The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. 13 The Lord will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the Lord your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. 14 Do not turn aside from any of the commands I give you today, to the right or to the left, following other gods and serving them.
SistaNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#122512 Jan 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So to defend scripture, you speculate that the mountains (Ararat, Everest, McKinley, Aconcagua, Matterhorn...) were at or near sea level 6,000 years ago. You obviously CANNOT realize that raising the mountain ranges to their current heights in a thousand years would make even the Toba event look like a Snap 'n' Pop. There is zero zilch noda no evidence to support any of the creatards' geologic proposals.
Your ignorance of any and every branch of science is absolutely laughable.
Nope, not going there.
SistaNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#122513 Jan 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well for one of his ways he keeps talking about is to have the likes of me killed and left like manure on the ground.
Who knows when he will feel this apocalypse will start. Maybe one of his religious leaders will claim it has started, and he needs to do gods work of cleansing the land, as he keeps saying.
Hmm..well that's not right.
SistaNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#122514 Jan 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You already are supporting it, by demanding we stop condemning it and the book that promotes it. Enabling is supporting. You are the defender of the book of these threats of murder.
Stifle the opposition and you just may see these nuts get their apocalypse.
Bullchit. You just don't happen to like that particular book.

This is AMERICA Duquette, not commieTIC sharia law book banning other places
SistaNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#122515 Jan 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you demand we stop pointing out the fact their are such bad parts of the bible, or that they are even bad. You are enabling the likes of the ones who believe these bad parts are actually good parts. These guys long for the day when the atheists here are killed off. Yet you have not condemned them at all. You are their supporter. You clearly picked a team to support, despite claiming otherwise. You condemn only one side. You are the verbatim supporter, no matter what you believe your goal is.
Down attack others for having thier OWN opinions doggie...it's a BOOK..ALL books have bad, or not so good as other parts.

Must you harp like nag at other people, over a book?
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122516 Jan 29, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in dire need of mental help , The Atheists on this website will not help you .
The only one that will acknowledge you have a problem is Stak Rosch and I don't know how to get hold of him.
I will try to help you best I can.
Here are instructions for you that will take you to the mental facility in sacramento.
From Rancho Cordova you need to take route 50

About This Facility

Sacramento Mental Health Clinic
The Sacramento Mental Health Clinic provides a full range of psychiatric and psychological assessments and interventions including individual and group psychotherapy, medication management, substance abuse treatment and a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) treatment program.
Atheists and other undesireables are welcome

Driving Directions
From the Bay Area and US-50 Eastbound

Take I-80 toward Sacramento. Approaching Sacramento, take US-50/I-80 Capitol City Freeway toward South Lake Tahoe and continue for approximately two miles. Take US-50 toward Placerville and South Lake Tahoe and continue for approximately 10 miles. Take the Mather Field/Rancho Cordova exit and turn right on Mather Field Road.

At Rockingham/Old Placerville Road, the road divides and the left lanes become International Drive. Stay in the right hand lane to continue on Mather Field Road. Turn left on Peter A. McCuen Blvd. Continue on Peter McCuen Blvd. to Hospital Way and turn Left. The Mental Health Clinic is in Bld 649 behind the Sacramento VA Medical Center.

From US-50 Westbound

Take US-50 toward Sacramento. Take the Mather Field Road exit. Turn left on Mather Field Road and continue as indicated above.

Parking

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#122517 Jan 29, 2014
I hope your having a good day in The Lord Jesus Christ today.

I have been in much prayer and good thoughts, I have learned that I can ask God in the Spirit through the Holy Spirit in Christ all things and he fulfills them.

If you ask what is within his will, you it will be done for you.

You can hope to have Gods plans for you come true in your life and I think that's the most beautiful and awesome thing to ever come in my life that made me happy and still will as I know he has much more love for me than I can even fathom for myself.

Keep on having the faith and believe in our Messiah, Deliverer, Lamb of God and King forever. Yeshua who is I Am of God, who Loves me who I Loves me.

My God has begotten me, Worship him in Spirit and Truth as he is a Spirit worthy to be Gloriously praised in his overwhelming compassion and presence, be still and know he is God, loving creator and Father -the Great I AM, my greatest LOVE, who LOVES me so.

Come and call upon The Holy Spirit - Loving Angel given unto believers to comfort and help us

The Kadesh, Holy, Holy, Holy who is the I am of God in Christ The Lord,

And -So as now i may say within my heart that - i am as I love to follow I hope your having a good day in The Lord Jesus Christ today.

I have been in much prayer and good thoughts, I have learned that I can ask God in the Spirit through the Holy Spirit in Christ all things and he fulfills them.

You can hope to have Gods plans for you come true in your life and I think that's the most beautiful and awesome thing to ever come in my life that made me happy and still will as I know he has much more love for me than I can even fathom for myself.

Keep on having the faith and believe in our Messiah, Deliverer, Lamb of God and King forever. Yeshua who is I Am of God, who Loves me who I Love.

My God has begotten me, Worship him in Spirit and Truth as he is a Spirit worthy to be Gloriously praised in his overwhelming compassion and presence, be still and know he is God, loving creator and Father -the Great I AM, who LOVES me and I LOVE.

Come and call upon The Holy Spirit - Loving Angel given unto believers to comfort and help us

And -/i am following after Yeshua under the Holy Spirit to serve God.

Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122518 Jan 29, 2014
Is Atheism A Mental Illness?
August 27, 2013 By Dr. Greg
. A vast body of research, amassed over recent decades, shows that religious belief is physically and psychologically beneficial – to a remarkable degree.
In 2004, scholars at UCLA revealed that college students involved in religious activities are likely to have better mental health. In 2006, population researchers at the University of Texas discovered that the more often you go to church, the longer you live. In the same year researchers at Duke University in America discovered that religious people have stronger immune systems than the irreligious. They also established that churchgoers have lower blood pressure.
Meanwhile in 2009 a team of Harvard psychologists discovered that believers who checked into hospital with broken hips reported less depression, had shorter hospital stays, and could hobble further when they left hospital – as compared to their similarly crippled but heathen fellow-sufferers.
The list goes on. In the last few years scientists have revealed that believers, compared to non-believers, have better outcomes from breast cancer, coronary disease, mental illness, Aids, and rheumatoid arthritis. Believers even get better results from IVF. Likewise, believers also report greater levels of happiness, are less likely to commit suicide, and cope with stressful events much better. Believers also have more kids.
What’s more, these benefits are visible even if you adjust for the fact that believers are less likely to smoke, drink or take drugs. And let’s not forget that religious people are nicer. They certainly give more money to charity than atheists, who are, according to the very latest survey, the meanest of all.

What is “Mental illness”– Does Atheism Fit?
There is a lot to this. Part of the problem, of course, is that there is no generally accepted definition of the terms “mental health” or “mental illness.”
Psychiatrist and brain researcher, Dr. Daniel Siegel, argues that mental health represents the degree of integration within and between the mind, the body and our relationships. He further argues that mental illness can be described as the falling out of this state of integration and lapsing into a relative state of increased rigidity, chaos or both. These are probably the best definitions of these terms I’ve ever encountered.
Seen in this light, I think there is a case to be made that atheism could be a mental illness. There are many more studies like Sean Thomas points to that strongly suggest that religious believers have significantly better integration with regard to health, mental health, relationship satisfaction, and pro-social behavior. We also know that there is strong comorbidity between atheism and high functioning autism. In general, while the occurrence of agnosticism or personalized spiritualities is quite high, the incidence of atheism stands at 1-5% in the general population, which is consistent with other mental disorders.
Can Belief Systems Be Disorders?
It isn’t enough to say that, because atheism is a belief system it should be exempt from being considered a mental illness. The belief that one is Napoleon is clearly evidence that something is not right. Also, I’m not picking on atheists, I would argue that any belief system that significantly inhibited the integration between or within one’s mind, body, and relationships was representative of, if not outright mental illness, than at least poorer mental health.
So, seen from this perspective, considering the relatively lower rates of mental, physical and social well-being enjoyed by atheists, it really isn’t unreasonable or inappropriate to ask if atheism either is a mental illness itself or is a contributor to poor mental well-being.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#122519 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual ,in your futile attempt to mislead and deceive ,you left out THE BLESSINGS for obedience and merely pointed to the punishment for disobedience.
Lame rebuttal. I will take that as a concession. Did you read Q's post? Only idiots will believe the evidence you present.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#122521 Jan 29, 2014
Curious, You are a joke, you've lost all credibility and respect. Posting the same links over and over that have been refuted only confirms how close minded and bias you are.
In my humble opinion, you are a lonely, sad individual who possibly suffers from some kind of mental illness, which would explain why you are so knowledgeable about the workings of these facilities and specific directions to them. You have extensive knowledge of the schedules in these facilities, Only a patient would have such information. So continue your masquerade if it makes you feel better.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122522 Jan 29, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
I hope your having a good day in The Lord Jesus Christ today.
Keep on having the faith and believe in our Messiah, Deliverer, Lamb of God and King forever. Yeshua who is I Am of God, who Loves me who I Loves me.
My God has begotten me, Worship him in Spirit and Truth as he is a Spirit worthy to be Gloriously praised in his overwhelming compassion and presence, be still and know he is God, loving creator and Father -the Great I AM, my greatest LOVE, who LOVES me so.
And -So as now i may say within my heart that - i am as I love to follow I hope your having a good day in The Lord Jesus Christ today.
Keep on having the faith and believe in our Messiah, Deliverer, Lamb of God and King forever. Yeshua who is I Am of God, who Loves me who I Love.
My God has begotten me, Worship him in Spirit and Truth as he is a Spirit worthy to be Gloriously praised in his overwhelming compassion and presence, be still and know he is God, loving creator and Father -the Great I AM, who LOVES me and I LOVE.
And -/i am following after Yeshua under the Holy Spirit to serve God.
Very uplifting , good post , really enjoyed it .....
Our God reigns and Christ is Lord

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 9 min -Christopher Jarvis 812
Dozier 20 min -Christopher Jarvis 2
Reasonable Arguments against the Existence of G... 38 min -Christopher Jarvis 1
What is wrong with people 1 hr -Christopher Jarvis 6
Gays and trans sinners 1 hr -Christopher Jarvis 6
Where were you back in the 70's? 1 hr -Christopher Jarvis 5
Thieves in bimble... 1 hr Justice 25
Police and Ambulance 8 hr Molly 108

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages