Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163326 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122480 Jan 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, it's called satire.
Satire is a genre of literature, and sometimes graphic and performing arts, in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, corporations, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be humorous, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon and as a tool to draw attention to both particular and wider issues in society.

Yup , I do believe that the blogger was ridiculing the vices,abuses and shortcomoings of Atheists / Evolutionists who condone Beastiality , not to mention necrophelia and incest ,with the intent of shaming them , to no avail.....
That is why some can claim , with a straight face , that they've never committed an act for which they need feel ashamed.
When one is shameless , one need not feel ashamed.......
There are those who ,not only condone such deviant and depraved behaviour ,but also find it amusing......And here we find you Laughing out loud.......

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#122481 Jan 29, 2014
SistaInNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I would NOT support THAT dark age, TWISTED and WARPED type of stuff.
Not for one second.
Absolutely not.
NO way in you know where.
As in NEVER.
You already are supporting it, by demanding we stop condemning it and the book that promotes it. Enabling is supporting. You are the defender of the book of these threats of murder.
Stifle the opposition and you just may see these nuts get their apocalypse.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122482 Jan 29, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, so many believers prefer the words of Paul over those of Jesus.
I'm not surprised to see that you're one of them.
Personally , I prefer both . None of them give me reason to be ashamed ,,,,,On the other hand ,if I were a disciple of those who condone beastiality , necrophelia and incest.....Atheist/ Evolutionist .I would have much to be ashamed of........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122483 Jan 29, 2014
SistaInNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No...that is just your dark aged TWISTED and warped opinion, it is NOT however, mine.
Yet you demand we stop pointing out the fact their are such bad parts of the bible, or that they are even bad. You are enabling the likes of the ones who believe these bad parts are actually good parts. These guys long for the day when the atheists here are killed off. Yet you have not condemned them at all. You are their supporter. You clearly picked a team to support, despite claiming otherwise. You condemn only one side. You are the verbatim supporter, no matter what you believe your goal is.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122484 Jan 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your orderly to make an appointment with your doc. He might have some insights about this sudden fascination with the Marquis. And please don't start regaling us with the exploits of Tiberius and Caligula, regardless of whatever you believe your latest past life regression session revealed...
Crow , I am less than fascinated by the Atheist Marquis desire to eat human excrement , less than fascinated by the Atheist/ Evolutionist Peter Singer condoning Beastiality and necrophelia
And the Atheist / Evolutionist Lawrence Krauss condoning of incest.
Then you have Sam Harris espousing the same views along with the deceased Chris Hitchens in defense of beastiality.
It seems that you are in agreement with what is considered to be deviant and perverted behaviour by all societies that I am familiar with.
Clearly demonstrates how Atheist/ Evolutionists tend to regress into abominable behaviour which would make us less than animals , which we are not , regardless of the Atheist /Evolutionist faith which tries to claim otherwise

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122485 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally , I prefer both . None of them give me reason to be ashamed ,,,,,On the other hand ,if I were a disciple of those who condone beastiality , necrophelia and incest.....Atheist/ Evolutionist .I would have much to be ashamed of........
Probably why atheists do not have disciples. Problem solved.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#122486 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup , I do believe that the blogger was ridiculing the vices,abuses and shortcomoings of Atheists / Evolutionists who condone Beastiality , not to mention necrophelia and incest ,with the intent of shaming them , to no avail.....
No, you don't. You thought the blogger WAS an atheist. The entire point of the post was that consent is the best metric for determining what sexual acts are acceptable.

Animals and corpses can't consent.

You see, when you base ethics on reason, you can come to useful conclusions. When you base ethics on the arbitrary declarations of a religious book, you can come to a lot of garbage because everything in there is just what some guy wanted to be true.
Curious wrote:
There are those who ,not only condone such deviant and depraved behaviour ,but also find it amusing......And here we find you Laughing out loud.......
I was laughing because you were so oblivious to the nature of the quote. You thought it was serious: that the atheist was actually proposing that people should be able to have sex with lions, tigers, and bears, and thus the post was evidence that atheists approve of bestiality.

I was laughing...at you.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#122487 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally , I prefer both . None of them give me reason to be ashamed
That's because you're not female.

Location hidden

#122488 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you found any atheists here who condone those things? Nope. Those ideas are in no way related to atheism.

Meanwhile, the Bible contains incest. After the flood, the only humans on Earth were Noah, his wife, his 3 sons, and their wives. You have required incest after only ONE generation.

Of course, according to genetics, 8 people isn't a large enough gene pool to even generate a healthy population, so the story is nonsense anyway.

Location hidden

#122489 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no disciples in atheism. Other than not believing in gods, I can literally disagree with ANY atheist on ANY issue.

You, on the other hand, must agree with the Bible, which condones rape, slavery, and genocide.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122490 Jan 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Probably why atheists do not have disciples. Problem solved.
Dukett , you ,krak and Lodi alias the box and the other atheists on this website belong to the Atheist Faith and follow the dictates of your High priests and their debauchery.
I hasve yet to see where any of you have denounced the likes of Sam Harris , Peter singer , Hitchen , Dawkins and Krauss for their condoning of their perverted and deviant beliefs.
You are their disciples who continue to try and deconvert poor unsuspecting souls into a life style that invites suicide and depression.
Stak Rosch was right when he stated that Atheists did not want to hear about the problems that those whom you deconvert are faced with.
It is small wonder that an overwheliming majority of Americans place atheists on the same level as rapists , after all ,what do you call one who sexually abuses animals and corpses without their consent?

Location hidden

#122491 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Dukett , you ,krak and Lodi alias the box and the other atheists on this website belong to the Atheist Faith and follow the dictates of your High priests and their debauchery.
Atheism is not a faith, and it has no priests. You know this.

How sad that you have no actual ammunition to attack any of us with, so you must resort to trying to associate us with random other atheists.

Hey Curious, the Inquisition was made of Christians. I guess you love torture! Hey Curious, the people of Salem who burned women alive were Christians. I guess you love burning innocent women alive! See how stupid this sounds?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#122492 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Crow , I am less than fascinated by the Atheist Marquis desire to eat human excrement , less than fascinated by the Atheist/ Evolutionist Peter Singer condoning Beastiality and necrophelia
And the Atheist / Evolutionist Lawrence Krauss condoning of incest.
Then you have Sam Harris espousing the same views along with the deceased Chris Hitchens in defense of beastiality.
It seems that you are in agreement with what is considered to be deviant and perverted behaviour by all societies that I am familiar with.
Clearly demonstrates how Atheist/ Evolutionists tend to regress into abominable behaviour which would make us less than animals , which we are not , regardless of the Atheist /Evolutionist faith which tries to claim otherwise
There you go with the; atheism is a faith, evolution is a faith, celebrities speak for everyone, quotes out of context are applicable.... Don't you ever get tired of being duplicitous? I assure you, no one is buying the damaged goods you are trying to sell - unless they are damaged goods themselves.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122493 Jan 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't. You thought the blogger WAS an atheist. The entire point of the post was that consent is the best metric for determining what sexual acts are acceptable.
Animals and corpses can't consent.
You see, when you base ethics on reason, you can come to useful conclusions. When you base ethics on the arbitrary declarations of a religious book, you can come to a lot of garbage because everything in there is just what some guy wanted to be true.
<quoted text>
I was laughing because you were so oblivious to the nature of the quote. You thought it was serious: that the atheist was actually proposing that people should be able to have sex with lions, tigers, and bears, and thus the post was evidence that atheists approve of bestiality.
I was laughing...at you.
You are still dumb as dirt , even after you changed your moniker fro Lodi to the Box.
Keep in mind that moniker changes neither add or detract to one's lack of intelligence.
It was obvious that the poster was not an Atheist and was mocking the behaviour of those like yourself , who condone such aberrant behaviour

And probably by accident , you brought up a good point "Animals and corpses can not consent , and his point was that if you try to abuse a Bear or a Lion sexually , they will take matters into their own hands and prerform their own method of circumcision on the perpetrator.
But , more to the point , Peter Singer states that hye sees nothing wrong with Beastiality or necrophilia as long as the perpetrator has the consent of him whom he is trying to sexually abuse.... You better call your High priest and advice him that excuse will not fly ...
Rape by any other name ,is still rape , whether it be a Beast or a corpse.
The blogger to whom you are alluding states that neither an animal or corpse is capable of consenting to such a deviant and degenerate act.
Keep that in mind for the next time you are out in the woods chopping logs and no one is looking , Neither feed or have sex with the animals , with or without their consent
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122494 Jan 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you found any atheists here who condone those things? Nope. Those ideas are in no way related to atheism.
Meanwhile, the Bible contains incest. After the flood, the only humans on Earth were Noah, his wife, his 3 sons, and their wives. You have required incest after only ONE generation.
Of course, according to genetics, 8 people isn't a large enough gene pool to even generate a healthy population, so the story is nonsense anyway.
I have found 5 Atheist leaders who condone such aberrant behaviour , they are your High priests.
I have yet to find an Atheist on this website who dondems such perverted behaviour.
Your silence speaks volumes

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#122495 Jan 29, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never heard of missionaries?
That's rather odd-because they ARE every where --have been for quite some time-even in the rain forest jungles of New Guinnee!
There are over 100 uncontacted tribes that exist today ..How are they supposed to get salvation by living by the Bible ? Not even your "magic missionaries " can save or find them.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122496 Jan 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad that you have no actual ammunition to attack any of us with, so you must resort to trying to associate us with random other atheists.
Hey Curious, the Inquisition was made of Christians. I guess you love torture! Hey Curious, the people of Salem who burned women alive were Christians. I guess you love burning innocent women alive! See how stupid this sounds?
Atheism is a faith,deny it all you want. The other "RANDOM ATHEISTS ' as you call them , are the selfsame debauchers who preach and advocate your faith.....Leaders of your faith and community ,, Peter Singer , Hitchens , Dawkins , Harris , Krauss etal.
Your denials are refuted by the facts.
TheCandyMan

Lexington, KY

#122497 Jan 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found 5 Atheist leaders who condone such aberrant behaviour , they are your High priests.
I have yet to find an Atheist on this website who dondems such perverted behaviour.
Your silence speaks volumes
Seriously, are you really this stupid?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#122498 Jan 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, they hanged the women and crushed a man. It was in Europe that they burned thousands of old women at the stake. I'm sure curious can gleefully relate the details of witch hunts and inquisition tortures in two or three languages... he seems intrigued with aberrant behaviors as of late.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122499 Jan 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with the; atheism is a faith, evolution is a faith, celebrities speak for everyone, quotes out of context are applicable.... Don't you ever get tired of being duplicitous? I assure you, no one is buying the damaged goods you are trying to sell - unless they are damaged goods themselves.
Call it what YOU want , Atheism is a faith....
Celebrities do not speak for everyone and we are not talking about celebrities ,We are talking about those who advocate atheism and evolution.
And it is based on those beliefs that they are willing to defend Beastiality, Necrophelia , Incest and other perverted and deviant behaviour , which , by the way , none of you Atheists have refuted as being deviant and perverted.
Your silence speaks volumes and your excuses are an abomination

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sherry bar 7 min The Real Yeti 14
BArbourville PTO officers 17 min Concerned parent 1
What happened to Connie davenport? 21 min Friend 17
KEA in Knox is not a Goodin 50 min Church hippocrits 16
Jackson manor 5 hr stupid 26
I would like to know if any Knox county teacher... 5 hr Concerned parent 61
Who's snitching on Knox co?? 6 hr Unknown 6

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance