Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149014 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#122444 Jan 29, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>56,000,000 Babies in the USA alone....
Might just disagree with you!
You said they are in Heaven, why so sad? It was predestination, just ask a Mormon.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#122445 Jan 29, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Known Fact says you will be manure on the ground just like he quoted from Jeremiah. You should throw a going away party. You should sort things out with Know Fact.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#122446 Jan 29, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Exodus 21:22 clearly shows the death of the fetus is not equal to taking a life.

"If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband may demand of him, and he shall pay as the judges decide.

23 But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise." Ex. 21:22-25, The New American Standard Bible
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#122447 Jan 29, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Since the passage is in the OT, the Jewish view is also of some value to evaluate the passage:

Jerome's Commentary, a highly respected source explains: "If a pregnant women should suffer a miscarriage as a result of a blow, the guilty party need only make a monetary compensation demanded by her husband; however should the woman die, capital punishment is proscribed for the offender." This is confirmed by the Jewish teachings that abortion is never considered murder.

The Talmud says that a fetus is its mothers thigh (Hulin 58a and Gittin 23b), and it has no legal rights. Even once the birth process starts the fetus can be destroyed to save the women from physical or mental harm. In order for a fetus to be considered a nefesh adam (a living person), its head must have emerged from the birth canal. Sanhedrin 72b states: it (the fetus) is not a person and therefore its life is inferior to its mothers life.

If it was a live birth the verse would have said something like "Tinoch ha' nolad". "tinoch" being the word for baby or infant. The verse HAS ALWAYS been translated by the Jews to mean miscarriage.

Many other bible passages that are more clearly about abortion and never a word about it being wrong.

http://www.libchrist.com/other/abortion/exodu...
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#122448 Jan 29, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know anything - think of the Spirit and pray that you will come to know of God. Otherwise what you speak of is your father the devil
Satan on killed 10 people, your mythical god is a world class killer that drown millions. Satan is Mary Poppins compared to your monster.
Force b with ya

Culloden, WV

#122449 Jan 29, 2014
Show me some proof!
SistaInyourDream s

Twinsburg, OH

#122450 Jan 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not everyone who goes to church believes the hype.
You've been shown to be both naive and ignorant.
Evidenced in your economic/political statements, you are both naive and depraved by definition.
Come here Chromolio...let me take a look at yer scalp a second.....
SistaInyourDream s

Twinsburg, OH

#122451 Jan 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When? 3.5 billion years ago? Snowball Earth 650 million years ago? Maybe, and not relevant. The Babble says the flood covered the highest mountains to a depth of 15 cubits.(for Mt. Ararat that means 16,854 feet =/- 26 feet) a mere 6,000 years ago. A global catastrophe that would take thousands of years to recover from and would leave unmistakable evidence - NONE OF WHICH EXISTS.
<quoted text>
Indeed.
<quoted text>
Indeed.
You do realize mountain ranges have been known to have considerable height differences at times..as has sea levels...adn there IS proof (plebty) of THAT fact.

Especially the newer ones.

(and don't EVENNN try make me dredge out the charted differences of then and now!)
SistaInyourDream s

Twinsburg, OH

#122452 Jan 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Boiled in pig fat for YaA, I'd guess. The J man might prefer onion rings.
Don't care what any J man might prefer..it no doubt would need LESSONS on Kosher too.
SistaInNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#122453 Jan 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, so we see your criteria, now do care about anyone else's? I am not going to wait quietly while YaA gets his way. You see, it is the mentality like yours that allows for the extremists like YaA to get his way. Just read a history book.
Get his way about what?

(I've already read a ton of history books...enough to know....BETTER even)
SistaInNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#122454 Jan 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if our president (Obama) ordered our troops to kill the children of Iraq just as Moses detailed here, you would not call it a war crime, or murder?
Thanks again for showing us how religion and the bible has warped your sense of morality and justice.
It is bad that the innocent children often get killed in a collateral damage sense. To target them as Moses did is considered an atrocity by normal, moral humans.
What also blows my mind is, Sista thinks I should just keep quite until you religious fanatics get your way. Sorry, but I am going to speak out against the ideas you project as long as I see them as immoral, and highly problematic.
Well I just might support ya then LOL.
SistaInNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#122455 Jan 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Take note how some of the verbatim extremists here feel it is not murder to target killing innocent children and taking virgin children for your own, is not immoral as it was part of war. These ideas were directly due to the words of the bible. And part of the problem is, he is not really misinterpreting the bible, he is just following it. And part of the problem is, you are here enabling it.
Nope, I would NOT support THAT dark age, TWISTED and WARPED type of stuff.

Not for one second.

Absolutely not.

NO way in you know where.

As in NEVER.
SistaInNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#122456 Jan 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Because your question was so vague, I have no idea what the hell you wish to actually know.
Now you are again being so vague, I have zero idea what you feel I lied about.
See how easily you get sidetracked and then confuse yourself sometimes?
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#122457 Jan 29, 2014
SistaInNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I would NOT support THAT dark age, TWISTED and WARPED type of stuff.
Not for one second.
Absolutely not.
NO way in you know where.
As in NEVER.
But that is what your Bible supports.
Fox News Is A Joke

Kansas City, MO

#122458 Jan 29, 2014
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>I support my boyfriends with my SSI check.
lmfao

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#122459 Jan 29, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you shaking your scary chicken on a stick again?
Now wait just a minute there.... We have Chicken on a Stick here too ... Nothing scary about it ... Comes lightly seasoned with a nice lightly browned batter and is delicious, so not be doggin Chicken on a Stick....
SistaInNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#122460 Jan 29, 2014
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>But that is what your Bible supports.
No...that is just your dark aged TWISTED and warped opinion, it is NOT however, mine.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#122461 Jan 29, 2014
SistaInNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Get his way about what?
(I've already read a ton of history books...enough to know....BETTER even)
A "ton of history books?" LOL!
Of course you have, child.
Too bad you haven't read any biology books, then you would never have made this mistake.
----------
SistaNoneYa wrote:
Actually DUHmmy worm...the primary function (of a vagina) is a water outlet.
(DUH.Duh..duh).
----------

Duh, duh, duh for sure.......

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#122462 Jan 29, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
JEREMIAH 25:33 And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
THERE IS YOUR SCARY CHICKEN MR.KHATRU.
Those slain by Jehovah... so you now claim that your god is a killer.
Not that it matters. I'm fairly sure that Mr. K is unimpressed. Just like other voodoo, the scare tactics of your cult(s) only work on those who are already inclined to being terrified.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#122463 Jan 29, 2014
SistaInyourDreams wrote:
<quoted text>
Come here Chromolio...let me take a look at yer scalp a second.....
Sidelining as a pseudoscientific psychic now, Sista boy? Why would I find that unsurprising? Sorry, I don't believe in phrenology. You might try the bumps and creases on YaA's cranium. I'm sure you'd find them fascinating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stinking creek 9 min yes 94
has anyone seen april partin (Nov '08) 11 min April partin 51
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 1 hr John 35
Merrill speaks out, where? 1 hr Really 8
Loreana patterson peace 1 hr Facebook 5
Jessie J. Mills 4 hr Olive 5
Bonita you Promised Kids First ! 5 hr just a fact 14
Three liquor stores in bville 12 hr Quantummist 26

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web