Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,592

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#122336 Jan 27, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
You've got to admit that is good news indeed!
But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off.
The righteous themselves will POSSES the earth,
And they will reside FOREVER upon it.- Psalms 37: 27-29
All I have to do to prove I'm righteous is to pray to your god sand tell him that I'll gut my child if he asks me to do it.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#122337 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The day YaA (or such similar) lock the doors of a classroom and forces you to listen to anything out of a "religiously catalogued" book, for nothing but the sake of "indoctrination" THEN you might have issue to complain about.
But you would probably have to complain louder than the vociferous complaining about the wretchedness of Algebra-by GOSH.
You don't suppose there are >a million good church going folk who see nothing wrong with mandatory Christian indoctrination in public schools? You are naive, to put it nicely.

Nottingham, UK

#122338 Jan 27, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God is immutable!
He does not change!
What He hated, or loved yesterday, He will tomorrow!
God is Good, AND Just!
He cannot let an Un-repentant sinner into Heaven... it wouldn't be Heaven if He did!
Now.... we know you do not want Heaven, and are truly on the side of darkness!
So keep on posting, as it was foretold that there'd be people just like you...
doing exactly what you are doing!
Funny thing is.... YOU choose what side you're on!
He does change.

He once wanted gays to be killed.

Now he doesn't

He's changed.

Nottingham, UK

#122339 Jan 27, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God is immutable!
He does not change!
What He hated, or loved yesterday, He will tomorrow!
God is Good, AND Just!
He cannot let an Un-repentant sinner into Heaven... it wouldn't be Heaven if He did!
Now.... we know you do not want Heaven, and are truly on the side of darkness!
So keep on posting, as it was foretold that there'd be people just like you...
doing exactly what you are doing!
Funny thing is.... YOU choose what side you're on!
I nearly forgot.

He let Satan into heaven.

Looks like you're wrong again.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#122340 Jan 27, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"amounts to a gnat's whisker"....
Really?
Whatever you want to believe, but only study can relieve your ignorance!
YaA, you would have me read your book from cover to cover until I "see the light." Obsession is NOT healthy advice and I have no desire to compulsively poke at my frontal lobes with allegorical ice picks. Seeing what it's done to you, curious, Brain_D, KF, et al is more than enough to discourage THAT idiocy. I have read the Bible cover to cover. There IS no light, no spark of sanity, no "proof" "Truth" or "real" in what you claim about it. You've read 1+3=7 so many times that you now believe it and want to spread the joyous news to the uneducated?. o.0 You who wish to seclude yourself in false security and comfort under the coat-tails of superstitious ignorance, have at it, but (barring traumatic brain atrophy) I choose to stay on the >outside< of your padded sanctuaries where I can handily reach the doorknob.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#122341 Jan 27, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>

Atheist: "My only "hope" is that I have lived a richly fulfillling life, telling my loved ones that I care about them while they are alive, enjoying even the simple, quiet moments and appreciating this amazing planet..... since I know that there is no chance of "life after death."
Seems that Atheists hardly have richly fulfilling lives , depending on one's interpretation of fulfilling.

The Marquis de Sade was an atheist , noted for his deranged behaviour.
He enjoyed sodomizing his servant girls with crucufixes and eating human excrement.

Friedrich Nietzche fell out of favor with his sister and mother , was hooked on opium,
had very few friends and had severe mental problems.

Madalyn Murray O'hair
""I found more animosity among the atheist community toward her [than among Christians]. They felt like she had a golden opportunity and had blown it," Seaman said. "She couldn't delegate authority, she was mean to her followers, she was unappreciative of their sacrifices. They worked for a pittance because they believed in her cause, and she would curse them and write terrible things about them and fire them.
"As time went on, Madalyn got more and more dictatorial, so she made a huge number of enemies in her own camp."

She was a "deeply corrupt, depraved human being," wrote Texas journalist Ted Dracos in an email interview. Dracos researched O'Hair's life for his 2003 book "UnGodly: The Passions, Torments, and Murder of Atheist Madalyn Murray O'Hair."

MURRAY: You've got a hell of a nerve, but I don't really mind. I've had -- if you count my marriage as an affair, which I would like to do rather than count it as a marriage, because I'm not proud of having been married -- I've had five affairs, all of them real wingdings. I've enjoyed every goddamned minute of them, but sooner or later I've outgrown every one of them, and when I did I got fed up and threw them out. If they can't keep up with me, the hell with them.

PLAYBOY: Starting at what age?

MURRAY:. I think young people should be able to have their first sexual love affair whenever they feel like it. In the case of most girls, this would be around 13 or 14; with most boys, around 15 or 16.

PLAYBOY: What about VD and pregnancy?

MURRAY: They should be taught about sex, sex hygiene and contraceptive methods starting in the sixth grade, and whenever they want to try it, they should be allowed to go at it without supervision or restriction -- in their parents' bedroom, on the grass in a park, in a motel; it doesn't matter, as long as the setting is private and pleasant. If we did all this, our kids would grow up into happier, healthier human beings. But we won't, of course. It would make too much sense.

Christopher Hitchens admitted to having several homosexual affairs ,was married twice , was a known alcoholic .

Peter Singer condones beastiality and necrophilia as long as it is consensual.
Ignoring the fact that a corpse is unable to consent , in effect you are raping that which is no longer alive.
To say that your pet or calf is able to understand and consent to having sex with it's owner or master is absurd..... That is rape...
Not only that ,but Singer , in an Australian tv interview claimed that a calf's vagina can be more pleasurable that a human vagina.
Seems to me that your statement "Atheist: "My only "hope" is that I have lived a richly fulfillling life, telling my loved ones that I care about them while they are alive, enjoying even the simple, quiet moments and appreciating this amazing planet..... since I know that there is no chance of "life after death." as applied to the behaviour of the abovementioned Atheists
is the type of life style that is attributed to perverts and deviants.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#122344 Jan 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
As a test of obedience to God.
Did you know the mooslims claim it was Ismael rather than Issac. And did you know that is one of the main reasons they hate Israel?
The point is these events took place and you can see to this day evidence all around you of God's work through his people
What events? People getting killed for the gods? Yes, and it did not help world peace one damned bit.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#122345 Jan 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not true You should cite your source
Numbers 31:17-18

King James Version (KJV)

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#122346 Jan 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
As a test of obedience to God.
Yes, that was a test and others where tested to murder men, women and children as God commanded .

So the test was successful that a fictitious bible character can be used brain wash others in to believing murder for god is righteous. Yes, Christians today will sacrifice their children if they read and believe that your fictitious god commands it.

By they way , where did the baby boys go to that Moses slaughtered for god? Do you have an answer?

Put the bible in the mythology section in public schools .

“Kenyan-born Obama=Antichrist”

Since: Sep 09

Casper, WY

#122347 Jan 27, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I know you do not think Mitt Romney and John McCain are Christian.
As Freemasons they had to proclaim a belief in a Supreme Being and pick a religion. It is very doubtful either of them is a born-again Christian as the Bible clearly teaches you cannot serve two masters - Masonry and God.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#122349 Jan 27, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit. Lies for the Jesus.
Dukett , Atheists have no basis for morality ,each one does as he or she sees fit ,based on their needs and desires.
That is why Marquis Desade saw fit to sodomize his servant girls with a crucufix and eat human excrement.
That is why The promiscuous Madalyn O Hair stated she was not proud of her marriage ,sex is where you can find it , states that young people should be able to have their first sexual love affair whenever they feel like it. In the case of most girls, this would be around 13 or 14; with most boys, around 15 or 16.
She openly brags about her many affairs , certainly points to her promiscuity.
Hitchens was no better ,bragged about his homosexual encounters ,married twice and an alciholic to boot.
Now we have Peter Singer defending beastiality and sex with corpses ,as long as it is mutually agreed. The man is a lowlife , corpses are in no position to consent to anything and to claim that one's pet or calf consented to have sex with their owner shows how immoral an atheist can be.It is not informed consent and is a purely selfish act ,that act is called rape..
Hitchens also condones beastiality and i believe so does dawkins.
Now we have Lawrence Krauss stating that he sees nothing wrong with a brother and a sister having sexual relations as long as they wear protection.
Dukette , you being an atheist, will no doubt agree with this type of deviant perversion ,,you will claim that I have misrepresented what was said . That is your usual tactic when you have no credible defense for the immoral acts and beliefs committed by Atheists.
It is you who lies for atheism , because their obscene morals can not be defended based on the facts...
Your fellow atheists will come to your defense with their lying ways,,,,,matters not ,, the truth will come to the light.
You can make excuses for defending beastiality , necrophilia , eating human excrement and all the other ills that afflict atheists.
We will hear from the same malcreants that attacked the paper written By Staak Rosch ,
Atheism has a Problem With Suicide and Depression.
Been there ,done that,,,,,,,
I am hard pressed to understand how any decent human being can condone that type of behaviour under the guise of what Sam Harris refers to as"There is nothing more profound than seeking satisfaction moment to moment"

spaceship

Roseville, CA

#122350 Jan 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel was at war with the Midianites. War is not murder.
Maybe you should try again
So what? How does that justify a fictitious god would be righteous for murdering children and raping women. It appears you see no wrong in the slaughter of innocent children. Hitler thought the same as you. How are you any different with your theology?

What do you think about the Jehovah's Witnesses refusing blood transfusions for their children?

Do you consider that murder, manslaughter or suicide by gods will?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#122351 Jan 27, 2014
WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>As Freemasons they had to proclaim a belief in a Supreme Being and pick a religion. It is very doubtful either of them is a born-again Christian as the Bible clearly teaches you cannot serve two masters - Masonry and God.

Prophet of doom you said the tribulation is coming at the end of 2014. What month will that be on. Maybe Oct during Halloween and you can shake your scary stick with a chicken nailed to it to scare us.

You must be from the dark side of the force. A seer or prophet or doom. I see you have no other gifts that the spirit world had bestowed on you. What cult do you belong to. I would like to look it up. Are you one of those KVJ only version bible users that others should use for enlightenment and truth?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#122352 Jan 27, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Prophet of doom you said the tribulation is coming at the end of 2014. What month will that be on. Maybe Oct during Halloween and you can shake your scary stick with a chicken nailed to it to scare us.
You must be from the dark side of the force. A seer or prophet or doom. I see you have no other gifts that the spirit world had bestowed on you. What cult do you belong to. I would like to look it up. Are you one of those KVJ only version bible users that others should use for enlightenment and truth?
You will think it is scare tactics until you are faced with it.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#122353 Jan 27, 2014
You need to follow Jesus' advise at:
JOHN 8:31, 32
“If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, 32 and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free.”
Otherwise Romans 10:2,3 applies:
... not according to accurate knowledge; ;for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
And end up with all sorts of distorted ideas!
Justice_-

United States

#122354 Jan 27, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Dukett , Atheists have no basis for morality ,each one does as he or she sees fit ,based on their needs and desires.
That is why Marquis Desade saw fit to sodomize his servant girls with a crucufix and eat human excrement.
That is why The promiscuous Madalyn O Hair stated she was not proud of her marriage ,sex is where you can find it , states that young people should be able to have their first sexual love affair whenever they feel like it. In the case of most girls, this would be around 13 or 14; with most boys, around 15 or 16.
She openly brags about her many affairs , certainly points to her promiscuity.
Hitchens was no better ,bragged about his homosexual encounters ,married twice and an alciholic to boot.
Now we have Peter Singer defending beastiality and sex with corpses ,as long as it is mutually agreed. The man is a lowlife , corpses are in no position to consent to anything and to claim that one's pet or calf consented to have sex with their owner shows how immoral an atheist can be.It is not informed consent and is a purely selfish act ,that act is called rape..
Hitchens also condones beastiality and i believe so does dawkins.
Now we have Lawrence Krauss stating that he sees nothing wrong with a brother and a sister having sexual relations as long as they wear protection.
Dukette , you being an atheist, will no doubt agree with this type of deviant perversion ,,you will claim that I have misrepresented what was said . That is your usual tactic when you have no credible defense for the immoral acts and beliefs committed by Atheists.
It is you who lies for atheism , because their obscene morals can not be defended based on the facts...
Your fellow atheists will come to your defense with their lying ways,,,,,matters not ,, the truth will come to the light.
You can make excuses for defending beastiality , necrophilia , eating human excrement and all the other ills that afflict atheists.
We will hear from the same malcreants that attacked the paper written By Staak Rosch ,
Atheism has a Problem With Suicide and Depression.
Been there ,done that,,,,,,,
I am hard pressed to understand how any decent human being can condone that type of behaviour under the guise of what Sam Harris refers to as"There is nothing more profound than seeking satisfaction moment to moment"
Depression and suicide occurs too believers and
non believers. The sick and perversion you post is extremism. You're stereotyping .
Justice_-

United States

#122355 Jan 27, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
You need to follow Jesus' advise at:
JOHN 8:31, 32
“If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, 32 and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free.”
Otherwise Romans 10:2,3 applies:
... not according to accurate knowledge; ;for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
And end up with all sorts of distorted ideas!
What's gonna happen to the people on this planet that haven't reached civilization ? The bushmen deep in the jungles don't have access to books like the Bible . How are they going to be judged on judgment day? Are they going to become "manure of the ground" too? Why would God leave these people in the dark, but not you? Are you more important because you were born into a civilized world. Not all people on this planet are ignorant by choice. I doubt ONE book has that approval to condemn all that does not live by it.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#122356 Jan 28, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to hear about the questions on a common sense test. Please enlighten us?
First, most science will say 'common sense' is a misnomer, so testing for it is nonsensical.
That's why they can't formulate it for packaging.

"Common Sense".
If you want to see the questions that were presented in the aforementioned polling, maybe try researching the actual poll further.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#122357 Jan 28, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Claiming the differences are the 'verbatim' elements is far from the problem. It is like claiming a story about my journey across the globe on a horse was just a metaphor for my journey to the grocery store for some milk.
The funny part is, most the Christians here do read the bible verbatim. And even funnier is you defend them, and attack us for calling them out for reading it literally or actually believing it as is.
Not even similar.

What WOULD be similar, would be if you had stated you'd made a journey upon a great beast, to the ends of the earth, through pillars of water that fell from the sky to obtain some cow juice.

Go ahead, read that "verbatim".

And as far as the rest, it's just Constitutional,rather than commie marxist. That doesn't mean I always agree with others perspectives however., because I don't either,
I just see no need to ATTACK for it...finding such to be rather barbaric AND dark age.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#122358 Jan 28, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You have shown no science that I have denied. Why keep telling that lie?
I simply ASKED you a question, why keep attacking me with YOUR lies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moma screwer 1 hr Piggy 8
Darren k west pickup Sampson lane election signs 3 hr Neighbor 1
Darren k west come to catron ave get your signs 3 hr Ruth 4
Darren k west please pick up political signs 6 hr Please 8
Darren west pick up your Election signs PLEASE... 6 hr Please Darren 19
Darren k west clean up your signs 8 hr Jerry 8
Barbourville High School 14 hr lolol 6
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match