Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 167927 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#122397 Jan 28, 2014
http://news.yahoo.com/300-000-old-caveman-39-...

300,000 year old camp fire. That sky critter is such a trickster.
Don,t know of any other gods that thought of doing that.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#122398 Jan 28, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/300-000- old-caveman-39-campfire-39-fou nd-152628371.html
300,000 year old camp fire. That sky critter is such a trickster.
Don,t know of any other gods that thought of doing that.
Absolutely!

What's more, we can find one tiny campfire from a handful of humans that's 300,000 years old.

What remnants can we find of the nearly 3 million Jews and the same amount of animals camped in the Sinai about 3500 years ago?

Absolutely nothing.

Looks like the nothing god strikes again! LOL

Cambridge, UK

#122399 Jan 28, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that would be kind of like chitlins, maybe.
Lol

I bet those Christians love it.

Cambridge, UK

#122400 Jan 28, 2014
I see Atheists are fighting and killing each other again over who doesn't believe in which god the least.

Ah, sorry - my mistake - that never happens.

Cambridge, UK

#122401 Jan 28, 2014
I see religious people are fighting and killing each other over who believes in which god the most.

There, that's better - that always happens.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#122402 Jan 28, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When? 3.5 billion years ago? Snowball Earth 650 million years ago? Maybe, and not relevant. The Babble says the flood covered the highest mountains to a depth of 15 cubits.(for Mt. Ararat that means 16,854 feet =/- 26 feet) a mere 6,000 years ago. A global catastrophe that would take thousands of years to recover from and would leave unmistakable evidence - NONE OF WHICH EXISTS.
<quoted text>
Indeed.
<quoted text>
Indeed.
I see you beat me to the punch about snowball earth. We are both seeing the games Sista likes to play. He thinks he is the Riddler from Batman or something.
As I said, communicating with him is really impossible.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#122403 Jan 28, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely!
What's more, we can find one tiny campfire from a handful of humans that's 300,000 years old.
What remnants can we find of the nearly 3 million Jews and the same amount of animals camped in the Sinai about 3500 years ago?
Absolutely nothing.
Looks like the nothing god strikes again! LOL
It is a metaphor for Christ's sakes. It was really a group of twenty, and it happened about 2,500 years ago. You might find a grain of truth to the story if you had a time machine.
The moral of the story is, anyone can invent a god and use it for power to murder and take lands from others. Oh, and have a virgin on the house.
heartless

Buffalo, NY

#122404 Jan 28, 2014
liar!
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#122407 Jan 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They were chasing and murdering Israel all over the desert for 40 years. Do you expect Israel to sit down and take it, or fight back?
All the answers are right there in front of you.>>>>>> >>
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
[1] I Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

Hitler attempted to utterly destroy the Jews and all that they had and had millions of men, women, and infants executed. As for animals, Hitler had far more compassion than the Biblical God; he felt kindness for animals.

----------

[2] Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.

-Psalm 140:10

Through Hitler's orders, millions of people (them) got burned in incinerators and cast into pits.

----------

I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

-Isaiah 45:7

[3] Hitler created peace when it suited him and created death and destruction when it fit his needs, which by Christian standards means "evil." Hitler did all these things in similar God-like actions reported in the Bible.

----------

[4] Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.-Joel 3:9-10

Hitler appealed to the German populace, building up their military might, and prepared them them for war:

"Their sword will become our plow, and from the tears of war the daily bread of future generations will grow. "

Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

----------

[5] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

-Jesus in Luke 12:51

Hitler not only divided countries on earth, but divided Jewish families, many times setting family members against each other.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitlerchristian.htm
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#122408 Jan 28, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
LolaWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that would be kind of like chitlins, maybe.
I bet those Christians love it.
The Atheist Marquis DeSade had some appetizers that he advised his Atheist friends to try it, you'll like it
As they say on the streets " Atheists eat that shit up like buttered popcorn.

"The darkest of these objects is fecal excrement, which Sade advocates that we consume with relish (no pun intended), writing,DeSade "No habit is more easily acquired than mard (excrement)-savoring; eat one, delicious, eat another, no two taste exactly alike, but all are subtle and the effect is somewhat that of an olive."
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#122409 Jan 28, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
[1] I Samuel 15:3
Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
Hitler attempted to utterly destroy the Jews and all that they had and had millions of men, women, and infants executed. As for animals, Hitler had far more compassion than the Biblical God; he felt kindness for animals.
----------
[2] Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
-Psalm 140:10
Through Hitler's orders, millions of people (them) got burned in incinerators and cast into pits.
----------
I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
-Isaiah 45:7
[3] Hitler created peace when it suited him and created death and destruction when it fit his needs, which by Christian standards means "evil." Hitler did all these things in similar God-like actions reported in the Bible.
----------
[4] Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up: Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.-Joel 3:9-10
Hitler appealed to the German populace, building up their military might, and prepared them them for war:
"Their sword will become our plow, and from the tears of war the daily bread of future generations will grow. "
Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)
----------
[5] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
-Jesus in Luke 12:51
Hitler not only divided countries on earth, but divided Jewish families, many times setting family members against each other.
http://www.nobeliefs.com/hitlerchristian.htm
I think it is amazing how intelligent you are and yet you do not know anything. Do you have any idea why God ordered the annulation of Amalek ? You are so intelligent maybe you would do well to do some research and find the answer why. When you do then I am sure you will in no way ever again compare the ruler of the universe to Hitler!
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#122410 Jan 28, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I can be righteous before the Bible god.
All I need do is offer to gut my child if he asks me.
Romans 10:2,3 definitely applies to you!
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#122411 Jan 28, 2014
Good News
Jesus said at Matthew 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
This preaching work gives ever one an opportunity to decide if they want God's Kingdom to rule the earth or not. Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to come and for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.-Matthew 6:9,10
God's kingdom will rule the earth whether you want it or not.-Daniel 2:44
What will happen to the opposers who do not want it?
Dead bodies of the WICKED Jeremiah 25:31-38
“‘A noise will certainly come clear to the farthest part of the earth, for there is a controversy that Jehovah has with the nations. He must personally put himself in judgment with all flesh. As regards the WICKED ones, he must give them to the sword,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.;“This is what Jehovah of armies has said,‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth;And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
A WARNING FOR FALSE RELIGIOUS LEADERS (see 2 Corinthians 11:13-15)
Jeremiah 25:33 Howl, YOU shepherds, and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel! And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock. Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage. And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah. He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger.”

Some may call this scare tactics but it is something that must be done to make the earth a peaceful place to live. Psalms 37:10,11 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.;But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
What is required to live forever? Jehovah's Witnesses are eager to help you learn the requirements. One is to "Turn away from what is bad and do what is good, and so reside forever.
For Jehovah is a lover of justice,
And he will not leave his loyal ones.
To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded;
But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off.
The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.- Psalms 37: 27-29

Cambridge, UK

#122413 Jan 28, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They were chasing and murdering Israel all over the desert for 40 years. Do you expect Israel to sit down and take it, or fight back?
All the answers are right there in front of you.>>>>>> >>
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
"They"?

Who were "they"?

I suspect if you read your bible that it was the Jews who were doing the chasing.

Anyway, for a god who can supposedly do anything and who is also alleged, is full of love.....

Why should there be a time to kill, hate and wage war?

Cambridge, UK

#122414 Jan 28, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Atheist Marquis DeSade had some appetizers that he advised his Atheist friends to try it, you'll like it
As they say on the streets " Atheists eat that shit up like buttered popcorn.
"The darkest of these objects is fecal excrement, which Sade advocates that we consume with relish (no pun intended), writing,DeSade "No habit is more easily acquired than mard (excrement)-savoring; eat one, delicious, eat another, no two taste exactly alike, but all are subtle and the effect is somewhat that of an olive."
No doubt he was trying some fusions based on Ezekiel's divine recipe as provided by the god of the bible.

Cambridge, UK

#122415 Jan 28, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
Good News
Jesus said at Matthew 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
This preaching work gives ever one an opportunity to decide if they want God's Kingdom to rule the earth or not. Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to come and for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.-Matthew 6:9,10
God's kingdom will rule the earth whether you want it or not.-Daniel 2:44
What will happen to the opposers who do not want it?
Dead bodies of the WICKED Jeremiah 25:31-38
“‘A noise will certainly come clear to the farthest part of the earth, for there is a controversy that Jehovah has with the nations. He must personally put himself in judgment with all flesh. As regards the WICKED ones, he must give them to the sword,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.;“This is what Jehovah of armies has said,‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth;And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
A WARNING FOR FALSE RELIGIOUS LEADERS (see 2 Corinthians 11:13-15)
Jeremiah 25:33 Howl, YOU shepherds, and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel! And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock. Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage. And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah. He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger.”
Some may call this scare tactics but it is something that must be done to make the earth a peaceful place to live. Psalms 37:10,11 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.;But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
What is required to live forever? Jehovah's Witnesses are eager to help you learn the requirements. One is to "Turn away from what is bad and do what is good, and so reside forever.
For Jehovah is a lover of justice,
And he will not leave his loyal ones.
To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded;
But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off.
The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.- Psalms 37: 27-29
Are you shaking your scary chicken on a stick again?
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#122416 Jan 28, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see what you have to say about a chicken scare when this prophecy is fulfilled.
It won't be long.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#122417 Jan 28, 2014
JEREMIAH 25:33 &#8239;And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’

THERE IS YOUR SCARY CHICKEN MR.KHATRU.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#122418 Jan 28, 2014
JEREMIAH 25:33 And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’

THERE IS YOUR SCARY CHICKEN MR.KHATRU.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#122419 Jan 28, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
There are thousands of comedians out of work and you are trying to be funny!
My advice is try to find some other line of work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox co teachers supporting gov bevin sept 30 th 44 min harry 2
Homeless methheads 1 hr wondering 8
Dana Woolum 1 hr thieves 2
Crimanals 2 hr fine examples 4
Are they school on Monday? 2 hr Thanks 3
Sherman lawson should be charged !!! 4 hr dirty sheriff dept 3
Knox County Jailer?? 4 hr Basketball man 37

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance