Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142339 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#122305 Jan 27, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, why would we ever assign beliefs to the people who wrote them down? How silly!
I guess you don't believe the apostles believed in Jesus' miracles either.
I take such with non verbatim "grains of salt" as well..and categorize them respectively, as I personally deem suitable...or not.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#122306 Jan 27, 2014
Fox News is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>You are independent like a sh-t eating dog you gd Liar pos.
And you are just ignorantly ugly.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#122307 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
and PEAS (that grow on duh matterhorn): You embarass only yourself, when you stoop to that third grade sandbox level of abject ignorance Chromiu.
I'm not the one stooping to abject ignorance.
"Irreducible complexity" is a flawed argument that has been debunked. The only reason it continues to be mentioned is in the hopes that someday it will stick to a wall.
You can add it to the other creationist failures - fossil clams in Mt. Everest, the Tapeats sandstone layer, "no transitional fossils", "violation" of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, "violation" of the Law of Biogenesis, "impossible" motility of cells, "what caused the beginning of time", and lets not forget the go-to clincher, "because the Bible says..."

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#122310 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That is BECAUSE they actually COMPREHEND what reading NON-verbatim MEANS.
DO look the word up!
It might help you get past your inability to comprehend!
No, it's because Noah's flood is a myth, known to be false. It has nothing to do with personal interpretation of scripture.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#122311 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I take such with non verbatim "grains of salt" as well..and categorize them respectively, as I personally deem suitable...or not.
Upon what basis do you deem elements of the Bible to be interpreted literally versus figuratively?

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#122312 Jan 27, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God is immutable!
He does not change!
What He hated, or loved yesterday, He will tomorrow!
God is Good, AND Just!
He cannot let an Un-repentant sinner into Heaven... it wouldn't be Heaven if He did!
Now.... we know you do not want Heaven, and are truly on the side of darkness!
So keep on posting, as it was foretold that there'd be people just like you...
doing exactly what you are doing!
Funny thing is.... YOU choose what side you're on!
I'm not mocking your experience in anyway . I just wonder, if you would have ended your life that day, do you believe you would have gone to hell?

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#122314 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The day YaA (or such similar) lock the doors of a classroom and forces you to listen to anything out of a "religiously catalogued" book, for nothing but the sake of "indoctrination" THEN you might have issue to complain about.
But you would probably have to complain louder than the vociferous complaining about the wretchedness of Algebra-by GOSH.
Says the virgin wise child...

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#122315 Jan 27, 2014
SisterGoldenHair wrote:
<quoted text>
My God is REAL!!!
My God is good! And Christ the mighty God our Yeshua Messiah The Lord is King and the government is on his shoulders and he is my great physician and my solice in dire ways.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#122317 Jan 27, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
My God is good! And Christ the mighty God our Yeshua Messiah The Lord is King and the government is on his shoulders and he is my great physician and my solice in dire ways.
Your God claims hes is evil also. Those who supported Hitler said he was good.
If you need help with finding the scriptures most atheist can help you.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#122318 Jan 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No, murder is the taking of innocent life. Those people were not innocent they were enforcing laws similar to the death penalty today.

When all the little ones are kill as Moses commanded, did they go to heaven or hell?

1. If you say hell , then the little ones are guilty by your reasoning and shows that God is justified in killing of little ones and sent all to hell-fire.

2. If you say heaven, then the little ones are not guilty and God is ok with the murder of innocent souls as moses did to please his God.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#122319 Jan 27, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Which God should be kept in schools?
And this is the very reason for the separation between church and state. Believers often fight over which god or dogma is correct. Seeing as how no god can be seen by science, then it is keep out of government hands. It helps keep the peace.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122320 Jan 27, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
You've got to admit that is good news indeed!
But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off.
The righteous themselves will POSSES the earth,
And they will reside FOREVER upon it.- Psalms 37: 27-29
We get it, you think the JW's are the righteous ones who will get our stuff because all others are evil. Hitler said the same damned thing. He is considered evil.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122321 Jan 27, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, just in case you've not been around to read my story....
A deep depression came upon me after trying to stop the flow of meth into a house I started.
No matter what I did, they kept getting drugs!
One night I decided to end it all...
sitting in my shed, crossbow aimed at my chest, string from the trigger, and the door, a large bottle of LPG at my side, and a lighter!
I was writing a note explaining why I was going to do what I was going to do...
Then a voice spoke out, it surrounded me, as it came from everywhere...
It said ".... Don't do it!"....
At that very second, my depression was totally gone, my eyes were opened to a
fact.... there's more than just this world in play here!
Now... scoff, and mock all you want, as I truly hope that something like that
(a God experience) happens to each, and everyone of you,
that does not know... God is real!
I do not base all I know on just this one thing, as I have many stories, and they
all come together to form my knowledge of God's existence!
Seek Him!
That story changes just like the bible stories that were orally passed on. Funny how you left out the part about how much you were on and using. Now it seems you are blaming others for having drugs in your house.

A person about to kill themselves probably does a bit of deeper thinking in the moments before the trigger is pulled. Some realize life if worth living. No need for magic in order for the brain to have new thoughts on the matter. But of course you already believed in the gods, so you just automatically assume it was the magic of gods. It is what superstitious people do.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122322 Jan 27, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT is obvious..(being as that partiucalr labelduhmlabel polled HIGHER in intellect of common sense than ay other)
Maybe your mommy should padlock it- to keep YOU out of it then
I would love to hear about the questions on a common sense test. Please enlighten us?

First, most science will say 'common sense' is a misnomer, so testing for it is nonsensical.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122323 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ONLY the way YOU interpret it. SOME of the Rest of us (that are not mired in narrow boxes of non-thinking ignorance) never interpreted it verbatim to start with, believing THAT (verbatim) to be INCORRECT and primitive.
Claiming the differences are the 'verbatim' elements is far from the problem. It is like claiming a story about my journey across the globe on a horse was just a metaphor for my journey to the grocery store for some milk.
The funny part is, most the Christians here do read the bible verbatim. And even funnier is you defend them, and attack us for calling them out for reading it literally or actually believing it as is.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122324 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Beats running around beating everyone with an atheist ugly stick-for having independent minds and differing opinions of peoples OWN.
British museum displays Duquette? Or would YOU rather spew in denial-ignorance of SCIENCE as well.
You have shown no science that I have denied. Why keep telling that lie?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122325 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still HISTORY.
DOCUMENTED, recorded HISTORY.
And metaphorical writing does not mean "wrong"
Geez Duquette.
Everything I presented in a "metaphorical paragraph" to you was absolute TRUTH.
EVERY word of it.
So could you plz loose yourself from sitting stuck inside that little narrow box of IGNORANCE, for a change?
Did your teacher ever tell you how you must identify what "it" is?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122326 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME of us already realized that-and saw the STUPIDITY and ignorance as well, of whining about history recorded as people of the times SAW it....thousands of posts ago.
You and the atheist posters here are the only ones who know the globe was never flooded. The other here believe the silly story verbatim.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122327 Jan 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I've said alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll along...writings of what people perceived to have seen in the world as they knew it.
I am not arguing that, I am arguing calling it a metaphor. Try and keep up. You divert so much, you get lost in it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#122328 Jan 27, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see if you have a modicum of intelligence....
I was NOT high at that time!
Get it???
Now... please continue posting tripe, as with every post....
You prove my Bible, and God true....
Not that I need further proof... I have mine, but
maybe... you, or some other reader might come to understanding!
Wow, you lie so much, you have now forgotten the story you told us in the past. Common for pathological liars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Timmy Earles and Eric Canady 6 min Terri 2
Perverts of knox co. 48 min Nvm 3
lets go to florida (Jan '15) 50 min isolated incident 201
Knox County sheriff 53 min Nyb 18
Danny hubbard 1 hr Nyb 2
Scotty Powell dealing drugs at catron square 1 hr Marsh 15
Tony Mills and his women 1 hr Shade Tree Mechanic 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages