Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,062

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#121941 Jan 23, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"You ought to proof read before you "Try" to make some one else look stupid"
If you notice.... I wasn't trying to make him look stupid....
so mock on!
I see you still do not understand hypocrisy. And I see you just lied again. You called the guy stupid.
Can a Christian ever admit being wrong? None have done so around here.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121942 Jan 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The glee was very apparent in your post. Now imagine our faces again as you tell us, I told you so.
YaA gleeful? I think he's too homophobic for "glee." I could picture something like it if he was "taken by the spirit" at some two bit travelling tent revival, but I think I'd describe that more as sweaty, wild-eyed and manic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121943 Jan 23, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Buy a clue Batman...
The term here is "ungodly"!
If you WANT to be "Ungodly".... that's on you!
Now... cry about it!
So it is on me that your mythical god is going to break my teeth?
It is the equivalent to holding a gun to my head and demanding me to give my money up. It is immoral to make such demands with threats. How is it that you cannot understand what is right and what is wrong? You do not know morality at all.
And this is a large reason I oppose Christianity. It confuses the mind to the point one cannot even understand a basic moral question.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121944 Jan 23, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I just figured out why you started using this term" Lies for the Jesus"....
Your Liberal buddies in our Government have been caught in so many lies...
you HAVE to try to make Christian conservatives look like liars...
even if we're not!
How does it make you feel when I say God told me from the gate
that Obama was nothing to be proud of???
Everyday he's proved God right... just as your postings do!
It must really suck for you to know we're right, and God is real!
Repent! Turn towards God.... He will forgive you!
It is a phrase, not a term. I use the phrase because you guys keep lying to promote your myth, Jesus. The phrase is descriptive of what I see you doing. I do not just claim you lie, I do it when you lie, and most times I demonstrate with evidence that it is a lie. I have busted you many times, and you run for the hills and post the standard responses. You cannot defend your lies. So I guess the only option you have is to divert as you did here. You failed to defend your lie. You blame Obama.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121945 Jan 23, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike,
You should be afraid to make such blatant statements when there is such a high price to pay.
Jeremiah 25:31-38
Well as the post says, it is what Madelyn Murray stated, not I.
Now lets look at your threats as the bible states.

31 The tumult will resound to the ends of the earth, for the LORD will bring charges against the nations; he will bring judgment on all mankind and put the wicked to the sword,' " declares the LORD. 32 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Look! Disaster is spreading from nation to nation; a mighty storm is rising from the ends of the earth." 33 At that time those slain by the LORD will be everywhere--from one end of the earth to the other. They will not be mourned or gathered up or buried, but will be like refuse lying on the ground. 34 Weep and wail, you shepherds; roll in the dust, you leaders of the flock. For your time to be slaughtered has come; you will fall and be shattered like fine pottery. 35 The shepherds will have nowhere to flee, the leaders of the flock no place to escape. 36 Hear the cry of the shepherds, the wailing of the leaders of the flock, for the LORD is destroying their pasture. 37 The peaceful meadows will be laid waste because of the fierce anger of the LORD. 38 Like a lion he will leave his lair, and their land will become desolate because of the sword of the oppressor and because of the LORD's fierce anger

Are you prepared to carry out this massacre? I asked you a few times already, and I see you avoid the question.
Are any of you Christians here, prepared to carry out the massacre the bible says is going to be asked of you to do?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#121946 Jan 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is a phrase, not a term. I use the phrase because you guys keep lying to promote your myth, Jesus. The phrase is descriptive of what I see you doing. I do not just claim you lie, I do it when you lie, and most times I demonstrate with evidence that it is a lie. I have busted you many times, and you run for the hills and post the standard responses. You cannot defend your lies. So I guess the only option you have is to divert as you did here. You failed to defend your lie. You blame Obama.
I see no reason to defensively elaborate on the phrase "Liars for Jesus" any more than I'd need to defensively elaborate on "snails have shells." Each is obvious, inevitable and irrefutable, and since there are no kindergartners posting here, neither statement should require explanation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121947 Jan 23, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree she was great in her responses and a very brave women.
This preacher likes to use religious oratory sounding speech to make it seem as though he was a puppet of some higher power when in a debate with Madalyn. When some religious ones respond on topix to atheist in their sentences it's the same type of oratory.
He certainly sounded like a puppet, a brainwashed puppet.
I was nice to see a talk show that did not have the host constantly interrupting the debate. It was a free for all, and I feel it worked out well. Both sides were able to get out their points. Yes, there was a bit of interrupting between the two, but still, the main points were getting out.

I am glad you watched it. Sad how she and her family were brutally murdered.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121948 Jan 23, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Thanks for sharing that. Fascinating story.
And that last sentence...perfect.
Yes, that last sentence is far different than the quote Curious posted. Thus clear evidence of his lies for Jesus.

This does not make sex across the species barrier normal, or natural, whatever those much-misused words may mean, but it does imply that it ceases to be an offence to our status and dignity as human beings.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121949 Jan 23, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no reason to defensively elaborate on the phrase "Liars for Jesus" any more than I'd need to defensively elaborate on "snails have shells." Each is obvious, inevitable and irrefutable, and since there are no kindergartners posting here, neither statement should require explanation.
Religion keeps some in a Kindergarten mentality. It is so sad I felt a need to explain myself, as it was clear, YaA did not grasp the fact it was a phrase and not a term, much less being able to grasp its meaning.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#121950 Jan 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that last sentence is far different than the quote Curious posted. Thus clear evidence of his lies for Jesus.
This does not make sex across the species barrier normal, or natural, whatever those much-misused words may mean, but it does imply that it ceases to be an offence to our status and dignity as human beings.
curious is likely as indifferent to genuine dignity as he is to genuine integrity. He seems more bent on disparaging others' morals than actually cultivating any of his own.
SevenTee

Williamsburg, OH

#121951 Jan 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So it is on me that your mythical god is going to break my teeth?
It is the equivalent to holding a gun to my head and demanding me to give my money up. It is immoral to make such demands with threats. How is it that you cannot understand what is right and what is wrong? You do not know morality at all.
And this is a large reason I oppose Christianity. It confuses the mind to the point one cannot even understand a basic moral question.
Jesus is not demanding anything. Jesus has offered himself as a free gift to all humanity. You choose either to accept the gift of Christ or reject the gift.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#121952 Jan 23, 2014
Or you can choose to not believe in a fairy tale.

There is no god.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#121953 Jan 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well as the post says, it is what Madelyn Murray stated, not I.
Now lets look at your threats as the bible states.
31 The tumult will resound to the ends of the earth, for the LORD will bring charges against the nations; he will bring judgment on all mankind and put the wicked to the sword,' " declares the LORD. 32 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Look! Disaster is spreading from nation to nation; a mighty storm is rising from the ends of the earth." 33 At that time those slain by the LORD will be everywhere--from one end of the earth to the other. They will not be mourned or gathered up or buried, but will be like refuse lying on the ground. 34 Weep and wail, you shepherds; roll in the dust, you leaders of the flock. For your time to be slaughtered has come; you will fall and be shattered like fine pottery. 35 The shepherds will have nowhere to flee, the leaders of the flock no place to escape. 36 Hear the cry of the shepherds, the wailing of the leaders of the flock, for the LORD is destroying their pasture. 37 The peaceful meadows will be laid waste because of the fierce anger of the LORD. 38 Like a lion he will leave his lair, and their land will become desolate because of the sword of the oppressor and because of the LORD's fierce anger
Are you prepared to carry out this massacre? I asked you a few times already, and I see you avoid the question.
Are any of you Christians here, prepared to carry out the massacre the bible says is going to be asked of you to do?
Why It Is Dangerous To Associate With Jehovah's Witnesses

"JWs do not have freedom of speech. If any Witness asks questions about the fraudulent and harmful policies of this group, they are disfellowshipped and shunned; consequently, this breaks up families. Tens of thousands of people want out of this group, but can't get out because they don't want to lose their families. Accordingly, they stay in and do what they are told because of the fear of shunning."

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/advocacy/d...
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#121954 Jan 23, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not demanding anything. Jesus has offered himself as a free gift to all humanity. You choose either to accept the gift of Christ or reject the gift.
I see you lied about your desired to follow the admonishment you preach about being required to only to share the gospel 3 times and move on to your next soul. Why are you lying? Please tell me what keeps you here?

I think you want to throw your pearls in front of dogs so we can tear you to pieces just like the bible admonishes you not to do. Why do you disobey your own beliefs. I'm curious about your disobedience.

What credibility do you feel you have now?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#121955 Jan 23, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
Or you can choose to not believe in a fairy tale.
There is no god.
Top of the day to you LOL! Best wishes for year 2014 brother.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121956 Jan 23, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So I can chose to accept the gift of removing the gun to my head? Not sure how you do not see this as a demand, but I sure do.
Now take that gun away and see if you still believe the aggressor.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121957 Jan 23, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
"JWs do not have freedom of speech. If any Witness asks questions about the fraudulent and harmful policies of this group, they are disfellowshipped and shunned; consequently, this breaks up families. Tens of thousands of people want out of this group, but can't get out because they don't want to lose their families. Accordingly, they stay in and do what they are told because of the fear of shunning."
Textbook cult tactic. But of course they will never admit being a cult, as no cult ever has in the history of man.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121958 Jan 23, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably why most JW's get the door slammed in their faces when they come to attempt a brainwashing of the family. Most are aware of the massive immoral dogma of this cult. Probably why they are so small in numbers.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#121959 Jan 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So I can chose to accept the gift of removing the gun to my head? Not sure how you do not see this as a demand, but I sure do.
Great example Mike. He's in a cult and does not want to answer that question truthfully.
SevenTee

Williamsburg, OH

#121960 Jan 23, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So I can chose to accept the gift of removing the gun to my head? Not sure how you do not see this as a demand, but I sure do.
You are putting the gun to your head by rejecting Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min LMAO 5,271
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr brad 153,843
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 1 hr Hook 12
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 2 hr Confused 6
2 good husbands free 2 hr Mrs Baseball 3
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 3 hr Stay away 1
Salon perfection 4 hr SH 11
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 9 hr Knox co 22
A Rat In Knox County 10 hr True Anon 14
•••