Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166394 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121613 Jan 19, 2014
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>You are NOT clever Stupid, so quit thinking that you are.
There are professionals that could offer you some tips on that issue you seem to have with talking to yourself.

Might help you to actually get a clue sooner-LOSER.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#121614 Jan 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So , you , as an Atheist endorse beastiality , infanticide and sex with corpses as being morally justified.
I believe we need to start implementing laws that forbid Atheists from owning pets or farm animals.
They should not be permitted to work in public zoos or mortuaries.
We need to protect the dignity of the dead and protect our pets and domestic animals from the perversion of those who live their lives according to their corrupt and immoral human desires......
Of course the intolerant laws you wish for atheists are unconstitutional.
And of course you are lying as usual, as no one here has endorsed such.
I guess the actual truth is of no use to you.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#121615 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
There are professionals that could offer you some tips on that issue you seem to have with talking to yourself.
Might help you to actually get a clue sooner-LOSER.
You should contact a professional about retrieving your head from your fat azz.

Do it soon.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121616 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do, yes I did, and yes I can because I refuse to stoop to the level you're still stuck at.
Continuing this argument is immature.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121617 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
What was your point ?
Now you know how it feels.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121618 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need "evidence" to differentiate between the ineptness of pitchforked bubble delusions, in comparison something circular holding much more appropriate astrophysical ability....Well then.."now that you have identified yourself, we shall proceed."...
He that flings dirt at another dirtieth himself most.
--English proverb
So again you divert, and refuse to supply evidence for the dumb assed claim you made about primates. What a joke.
Some Science

Elizabethton, TN

#121619 Jan 19, 2014
I love to fart.... ok

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121620 Jan 19, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again....
If you'd have read it.... you'd see that it wasn't that they didn't want to give the money, but
They "LIED" to the Holy Spirit, and SAID that this was all they got for their property!
Lying to, and lying about the Holy Spirit is not good at all!
You might want to spend a lil more time in the scriptures....
You do not have a good understanding of them, and it only makes you look bad!
Oh, so they were executed for lying to the Marxist dictatorship? I see.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121621 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Passing English 101 should absolutely be a requirement FIRST though.
Good for learning the differences in words like Your and You('re a fake and phony!) as well as learning the differnces between words like "deter" and road signs of "detour"
Probably pro censorship ala COMMUNISM as well.
You Truly Ignorant Imbecile.
I missed the "differnces" in Biology 101 where the textbook stated that female humans which are not primates urinate through the vagina.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121622 Jan 19, 2014
NOT going to hell for you wrote:
http://www.ourpathtogod.com/te n-commandments.html
http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-commandments/#...
King James Version
And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
1.Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2.)Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3.)Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4.)Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5.)Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6.)Thou shalt not kill.
7.)Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8.)Thou shalt not steal.
9.)Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10.)Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s. 
So just what makes you think the KJV is correct and the others are not correct? Seems to me the modern scholars would have some new information that the old ones did not about translations.

I read all the versions on your link. I noted that all of them prohibit graven images. Then it goes on to prohibit the worship of graven images. So the striking part that stands out is, simply making an image of nature is forbidden. Now I know Christians do not follow that commandment. So just why is that?

I note they all forbid lying. So it strikes me how most of the Christians on this thread are pathologic liars.

Clearly the believers of god do not take the ten commandments seriously.

I am sure most of them go shopping on the Sabbath. Many Christians work on the Sabbath. I mean, if they really believed the story was true, I find it hard to believe they would break that one.

And I note how some say not to murder, and some say not to kill. Well "killing" is extremely vague. It could be interpreted as killing a plant is forbidden.
Actually, murder is even a bit vague, as societies change the what is viewed as murder. So if the god does not set clear definitions of his commandments, they will certainly be left to ones personal interpretation, which is exactly the result history shows.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121623 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are just THAT ignorant aren't you.
PatheTICness to be pitied, with out a doubt.
What would your English teacher say about using the word, patheticness?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121624 Jan 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaah , It has nothing to do with self righteousness , has to do with the commandment , Honor your father and your mother,,,,,,,,,,Judging them to be delusional based on your arrogant
and foolish beliefs is a dishonorable and despicable act indeed.
I keep asking, but I am sure you will continue to avoid answering, if a parent was atheist, would it be ok with you to say they were in delusion? What if they were Muslim?

I see you felt some strong need to continue using the "naaaaah" for the arrogant prick effect. And it still works. But keep in mind your new theory, nailing me, or being a prick does not bother me. Only being an atheist bothers me(according to Curious). Sad I felt the need to make clear who's dumb assed theory it was, as Curious would obviously quote mine it and use it in a deceptive manner for his agenda, which cannot be fought with truth.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121625 Jan 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
NAAAAAAAH ,The difference between you and me is that I believe in God and you don't.
You are looking for lame excuses in order to justify deceitful behaviour..
I understand your language , I understand excuses and I understand selfrighteousness ,hypocricy and deceptive practices.....
Take your nonsense and excuses and share them with someone who is interested
So now you feel some compulsion to capitalize the arrogant word for some dramatic effect? And just what effect are you wishing to find? As you claimed, it does not irritate me. Not sure how one could know such a thing.
Now you are making several more claims which you have provided no evidence for. Common for blind faith people.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121626 Jan 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaah , It has nothing to do with self righteousness , has to do with the commandment , Honor your father and your mother,,,,,,,,,,Judging them to be delusional based on your arrogant
If you believed your parents had a foolish belief, would you keep it a secret?

Though I do not think a belief, need also be an act.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#121627 Jan 19, 2014
justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree. I have learned a lot from you. Don't let that "sista" ignorance detour you from posting. Your enlightening .
Hey Dukett , Here we have another unidentified fan of yours ,posting for the first time from an unknown location ,and claiming to have learned much from YOU...
Whatta setup. LOL That's what I been talking about....
Hey Juiced , Are you mayhaps one of the poor souls that Dukett has deconverted?
Are you in any way acquainted with a certain Witchetty ... The old crone has made the same claims..........
Now you are just ice melting in the fiery furnace of your incompetence
LOL Getouttatown and gettalife

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121628 Jan 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wowwwwww, It's amazing how the letter N followed by a string of AAAAAAA's can cause you so much mental discomfort ,to the extent of causing you to use foul language ,much like SP.
Careful you don't get banned again....
I have won nothing ,no need to declare a victory where one does not believe one has been achieved...... That is another difference between you and I
Wow, have already changed your position again? Now it is your arrogant attitude that is irritating me instead of my base beliefs? You might need medication for that problem you have.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121629 Jan 19, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
So curious says, "I have won nothing ,no need to declare a victory where one does not believe one has been achieved."
LOL! You predicted it, Mike...... and she promptly came up with it!
Ohhhh, perhaps you should be up for "prophet" status!
You are certainly better at it than those in the babble.
Next Curious will claim he does not irritate me, and it is just my basis for beliefs.
Then he will claim he does irritate me with a word. Then he will change it back to the former. then he will change it to the latter..........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121630 Jan 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Shameless ,Shameless Witchetty,
Let me make it clear for your simple and confused mind.
As he has previously confessed, Dukett is here to improve his debating Skills.
In a debate , you either win or lose. Dukett and you Atheists ,losers by nature ,can not accept losing. One can see that in your self serving proclamations " you can't refute my ligic"
" you are diverting" and when someone refutes your point , Atheists will p[roclaim ,"thanks for proving my point"
And you ,yourself have claimed that you are here to learn to debate from these intelligent Atheists.
I am not here to debate ,to win or to lose.
I express my faith , the reasons for my beliefs and I proudly defend that which I believe in ,God and Christ. When Atheists mock my beliefs ,it only strengthens my faith in Christ , since He stated way back when ,that this would happen and as he stated,it has.
I don't have to prove anything to anyone , so to me , being here is neither a winning or losing situation.
Again , I merely defend my Faith.
Now , compare that to you atheists .
You have a Faith that you dare not defend. You use the excuse that nonbelief in God is not a faith ,that is an excuse.
YOu believe God/ Gods do not exist. That is your belief for which you can provide no evidence...
Now,as Christians , by following the teachings in the Bible ,God has revealed himself
to those who seek him and those of us to whom he has revealed himself ,know Him to be true.... So, we have been provided evidence from the highest source.
Atheists have not been provided any evidence from any sort.
All they claim is that they have no evidence...
There is evidence for those who diligently seek it.
So you see ,I am not here to win or to lose . I have already attained the highest prize and not through my efforts , but thanks be to God and Christ.
And all along this whole time, I thought you were here just to show atheists as wrong, as you previously stated. Shall I go back and find that post? Not that I really need to keep proving you are a pathological liar. But evidently you have Sista fooled pretty well.

Next you will be telling me how I do not get irritated when you nail me.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121631 Jan 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dukett , Here we have another unidentified fan of yours ,posting for the first time from an unknown location ,and claiming to have learned much from YOU...
Whatta setup. LOL That's what I been talking about....
Hey Juiced , Are you mayhaps one of the poor souls that Dukett has deconverted?
Are you in any way acquainted with a certain Witchetty ... The old crone has made the same claims..........
Now you are just ice melting in the fiery furnace of your incompetence
LOL Getouttatown and gettalife
I think they have medicine for that paranoia problem of yours.
I guess seeing as how you use several different names, everyone must be doing as you.
I guess seeing as how you have blind faith, you feel atheists do also.
I guess seeing as how you are of a religion, atheists must also be.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121632 Jan 19, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So what beliefs do you feel are "foolish" thus "dishonorable and despicable"? Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, or maybe Scientology?
We know you feel global warming is a foolish belief, so is that dishonorable and despicable? Do you feel all other beliefs other than your own are foolish?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All will bow!!! 3 min Sjfj 13
beth smallwood 1 hr good staff 1
Jason miller 2 hr I know 10
Chris N Daisy Hubbard 4 hr brad 8
ina woolum (Dec '08) 5 hr Tired 29
Rodney Bullock 8 hr ben 3
Daniel Boone Owned Slaves, shut down the DBF! 9 hr wiseman 16
Bad wreck on 25e in front of creek market!! Sat Well 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web