Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the Feb 10, 2010, The Courier-Journal story titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Curious

Ocoee, FL

#121509 Jan 18, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't "believe" in Evolution because, unlike xtianity, Evolution doesn't ask you to believe in it.
"Believe" is what you do when you have no evidence.
You are an Atheist ,as is Peter Singer and the topic is not Evolution , it is Morality among Atheists and how Evolution does not provide a moral code
Singers brand of Atheist morality finds it acceptable to have sex with a corpse , with any type of animal , infanticide He finds this type of behaviour morally justifiable
I have searched the internet to see if I could find an Atheist who disagreed with Singers moral code..........To date I have found none....
That I haven't found a dissenting voice is not surprising . I have on occassion stated that the Atheist faith does not have a moral code , each individual does as he sees fit according to his/her desires....
That is why Atheists can claim to have never committed an act for which they need be ashamed...

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#121510 Jan 18, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No!
No.... my own experience told me this!
God is real, and he made a Vagina for a Penis!
I rest my case!
Actually DUHmmy worm...the primary function is a water outlet.

(DUH.Duh..duh).

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#121511 Jan 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong country. This is America!
America

Where secular laws are better than the laws of the bible god.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#121512 Jan 18, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Metaphor or no metaphor - the bible still contradicts itself.
It does that a lot.
So does Science sometimes...as do a lot of other things. That's just the IMperfections of life as we know it in a nutshell.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#121513 Jan 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Bible study helps develop character.
It DOES require, at very least "focus", on reading!

:-)

Nottingham, UK

#121514 Jan 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have to look that up and refresh myself on the reference, while being ever so grateful that I live in a nation that ALLOWS me to do so-rather than COMMUNSTICALLY DENYing people the RIGHT to DO so!
Absolutely.

Much better than being killed by a god because you won't give up your wealth to the collective.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#121515 Jan 18, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
While I agree we have never found any giants and all the claims to such I have seen are fakes we do have a race of red haired elongated people that were a real species and most of science have ignored them... Later assorted people around the planet attempts to emulate the skull shape by deformation and much of science then ascribed all elongated skulls to deformation ...
There are differences in anatomical design that separates the results of deformation from natural elongation seen such as more massive jaw structures, larger cranial capacity and number of plates in the skulls....
At the moment there is a group that are performing DNA testing of the skulls and also using a technique to date the actual cut surface of stone to get an approx date of quarry ....
Now that with the uncovering of Gobekli Tepe and other sites we are pushing the rise of modern humans back to the edge of the Ice Age with the possibility of a period during the 100,000 year long glacial period of a planet with two, three to four separate and distinct species of hominids living on the planet ...
There are some major problems with the long held narrative of mans ascension including direct evidence of machine tool usage in pre-history... And many of the sciences are being pulled kicking and screaming toward the idea of a different narrative...
But has nothing to do with religion... But could be the seed that leads to the myths of assorted religions...
Too bad they didn't have more evolved "writing" tecnhinques at the time eh Q?
(untelling WHAT the debates would be here then lol)
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#121516 Jan 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong country. This is America!
You can choose to be a idiot if you want to, PitcHforkTic.

Nottingham, UK

#121517 Jan 18, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an Atheist ,as is Peter Singer and the topic is not Evolution , it is Morality among Atheists and how Evolution does not provide a moral code
Singers brand of Atheist morality finds it acceptable to have sex with a corpse , with any type of animal , infanticide He finds this type of behaviour morally justifiable
I have searched the internet to see if I could find an Atheist who disagreed with Singers moral code..........To date I have found none....
That I haven't found a dissenting voice is not surprising . I have on occassion stated that the Atheist faith does not have a moral code , each individual does as he sees fit according to his/her desires....
That is why Atheists can claim to have never committed an act for which they need be ashamed...
We know all about your moral code and how it has you defending the killing of people because they exercise freedom of religion. How you support genocide and slavery and how killing homosexuals meets with your approval.

That's what happens when you presume superiority by cherry picking your ethics from ancient books of myth and superstition.

Thankfully, Evolution has resulted in human minds that can think for themselves, so we have no need for your ju-ju and superstitious mumbo jumbo.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#121519 Jan 18, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
You can choose to be a idiot if you want to, PitcHforkTic.
At least for SOME of us, it is a CHOICE (rather than a perpetual state of being, loser-idio-Tic.)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#121520 Jan 18, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the circular tunnel that was made through the granite in the video. I wonder if they find anything on the stones if they will be allowed to test what type of tool could have made such a perfect cut thousands of years ago.
I did not know about the theory of Crustal Shift. Reading a article on it now.
http://www.skrause.org/writing/papers/hapgood...
Good post Q
Geez, as much as he's ranted on about about it previously?

(poor little Q...it gets his dander up when ppl get stuck in the same geological area of archifactual evidence lol)
hiding behind people

San Jose, CA

#121522 Jan 18, 2014
I am NOT going to hell for you and you shouldn't ask...
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#121523 Jan 18, 2014
No one should inflict hell on anyone.

It's just uncalled for.
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#121524 Jan 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
No one should inflict hell on anyone.
It's just uncalled for.
There will be no Bible Study in Public Cshools, they do not study Fiction.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#121525 Jan 18, 2014
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting post. A discovery of an ancient highly advanced tool that could do this would be a monumental find
yes it would but could you truly expect to find a metal based tool after such a time lapse... any that would have survived corrosion and weathering that were on land would have been used to they were non existent by the assorted rise and falls of past civilizations.. As it is it's pretty rare to find a metallic artifact from the bronze age and that was not that long ago.. And Bronze is fairly non corrosive and too soft to for much serious tool use, might work ok to carve a hunk of sand stone or limestone but a hunk of granite is a whole different thing... Anyone that has worked in a machine tool shop with a granite weigh table and bronze bushing can attest to that...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#121526 Jan 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Architects of the "time" thinking Duquette????
Gen 11:4
And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th...
DUHmmy.
I have no idea what your pitchfork point was here.

London, KY

#121527 Jan 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
or that science overlooked other types of geological variances that could've contributed to your "machined" hypothesis.
(AND that a "crustal shift" could've actually contributed to something like that as well!)
No... Tool marks are tool marks and stone types are stone types... there is No Evidence that some weird solar output of some strange Unknown geological variance cause granite to be softer at some past point in time after it first crystallized from magma..

Testable, Repeatable & Verifiable evidence is what I go by... I can be totally wrong on my interpretation of said evidence and i may change my views if new evidence is found that can be tested, repeated and verified but never would I make my views based on the lack of evidence... That would be ignorant...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121528 Jan 18, 2014
Known Facy wrote:
<quoted text>
Illustration about Evolution
If I walk in the countryside and find that some wood and stones have been shaped into a house, it should be obvious to me that someone was there before me and built it; right?... But, now, would it be logical for me to conclude that flowers growing alongside the house resulted just from chance? If I feel that way I need to look closely and notice the intricate design, because I know that it is a basic truth that where there is design there must be a designer. This is what the Bible tells us at Hebrews 3:4.
NOW THAT WAS EASY AND MAKES SENSE!
We are fully aware of why your mind prohibits you to think beyond this rudimentary thinking. And it is understandable why you cannot understand the science. Much science contradicts our animal instinct mind. And you just demonstrated animal instinct mind. And humans are but animals. Yet you guys feel you cannot be in that low category. How ironic.

London, KY

#121529 Jan 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Break out the MOHs rocks mineral identification charts!!!
That would be great as at least you would be looking at Evidence and not Magic...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121530 Jan 18, 2014
justice wrote:
Like I said before ...Let the course be taught as an elective. You all have good p.oints. We have to have more faith in these young minds to be able to choose what they want to learn . High school is about narrowing down your towards your field of study .
If a science class can teach about evolution ...why can't a religion class teach about God? It doesn't matter what we believe , it's about having the freedom to choose
A religion class can teach about god, but the class in question is not a religion class, it is a class on one book of one religion out of many. Talk about narrow and restricting choices.
I would be fine with a class that teaches the history of gods in our world. The kids might find it interesting how they borrow ideas from each other. As if man made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim bingham 11 min this is drama cen... 11
ralph smith 1 hr lucy 1
carla davis (Nov '12) 2 hr Jim 39
Chickens 2 hr EAT MOR CHIKIN 5
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 3 hr creeker 7
howell (Jun '10) 4 hr Trailer park queen 17
dollar store Robbery flat lick 6 hr Knox county 10
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE