Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148869 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121576 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am shocked to hear you make claim to anything you believe, much less it be in agreement with me. Good to hear.
But I am not to sure about (well studied) in science. You cannot even produce a single piece of evidence to your claim on primates.
We are NOT comprised of primates.

Look THAT up too while you're at it.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121577 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Key point, kids do it. And you did it. You cannot get past that level.
Yes they do, yes I did, and yes I can because I refuse to stoop to the level you're still stuck at.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121578 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly do not "wholly" believe such. And I did not say I did. But I see you did not say much of what you think, or was able to refute my points.
What was your point ?
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121579 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No, I do not, and you failed to be able to point out any ignorance. You can make claims all you wish, but until you can show evidence, you got nothing. You are just a whiner.
If you need "evidence" to differentiate between the ineptness of pitchforked bubble delusions, in comparison something circular holding much more appropriate astrophysical ability....Well then.."now that you have identified yourself, we shall proceed."...

He that flings dirt at another dirtieth himself most.
--English proverb
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121580 Jan 18, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh? Really?
The vagina is NOT involved in voiding water.
That would be the urethra.
If you are indeed female (I personally don't think you are), then you are woefully misinformed about your own body.
No wonder you are so messed up.
Next time you are doing a braincell check (to see if any exist)..try this one..(no thinking required, it's actually quite obvious-to the NON ignorant anyway)

http://www.health-res.com/EX/07-31-15/478005_...
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121581 Jan 18, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Shameless ,Shameless Witchetty,
Let me make it clear for your simple and confused mind.
As he has previously confessed, Dukett is here to improve his debating Skills.
In a debate , you either win or lose. Dukett and you Atheists ,losers by nature ,can not accept losing. One can see that in your self serving proclamations " you can't refute my ligic"
" you are diverting" and when someone refutes your point , Atheists will p[roclaim ,"thanks for proving my point"
And you ,yourself have claimed that you are here to learn to debate from these intelligent Atheists.
I am not here to debate ,to win or to lose.
I express my faith , the reasons for my beliefs and I proudly defend that which I believe in ,God and Christ. When Atheists mock my beliefs ,it only strengthens my faith in Christ , since He stated way back when ,that this would happen and as he stated,it has.
I don't have to prove anything to anyone , so to me , being here is neither a winning or losing situation.
Again , I merely defend my Faith.
Now , compare that to you atheists .
You have a Faith that you dare not defend. You use the excuse that nonbelief in God is not a faith ,that is an excuse.
YOu believe God/ Gods do not exist. That is your belief for which you can provide no evidence...
Now,as Christians , by following the teachings in the Bible ,God has revealed himself
to those who seek him and those of us to whom he has revealed himself ,know Him to be true.... So, we have been provided evidence from the highest source.
Atheists have not been provided any evidence from any sort.
All they claim is that they have no evidence...
There is evidence for those who diligently seek it.
So you see ,I am not here to win or to lose . I have already attained the highest prize and not through my efforts , but thanks be to God and Christ.
Nice post!
justice

United States

#121582 Jan 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>A religion class can teach about god, but the class in question is not a religion class, it is a class on one book of one religion out of many. Talk about narrow and restricting choices.
I would be fine with a class that teaches the history of gods in our world. The kids might find it interesting how they borrow ideas from each other. As if man made.
I absolutely agree. I have learned a lot from you. Don't let that "sista" ignorance detour you from posting. Your enlightening .

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#121584 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you don't think bushing marks could've been manufactured manually?
Have no idea what a bushing mark is... Do you know what tool marks are? They can be big hunks beat in a rock by another rock or microscopic lines left by a diamond blade and provide evidence as to the possible tool used ... If I take a stone and cut it with a wet saw, a laser, and a carbide tipped dry saw I , and most machinists, can tell which cut was made with which without ever seeing the tool used... And can eliminate many tools that can also cut the stone, or steel, or what ever material... You can also tell methods used to guide the tools used... For example it is impossible for the human hand to cut a straight line within 1/10,000th of an inch without use of some type of machine... It may be a simple machine such as a magnifying glass with a micro template ... but the most experienced and practiced human hand unaided cannot even know there is a variance of that scale without some form of machine...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#121585 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
We are NOT comprised of primates.
Look THAT up too while you're at it.
Yes we are....
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#121586 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
People can and do, study and compare what ever they want, where ever they want
And there's not one aethiest thing you can do about that REALITY...freedom of intellect for ANYONE hater.
None of your Religion is allowed in the Public Schools thank goodness you tard.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#121587 Jan 19, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post!
For Tards
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121588 Jan 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The NT tells us about Ananias and Saphirra
They refused to give their money to the collective (in this case, the church).
They were summarily executed by God.
I guess that's what you mean by "evil dictatorship"
There you have it - communism advocated in the Bible
Thousands of years before Marx and Engels.
Wrong again....
If you'd have read it.... you'd see that it wasn't that they didn't want to give the money, but
They "LIED" to the Holy Spirit, and SAID that this was all they got for their property!
Lying to, and lying about the Holy Spirit is not good at all!

You might want to spend a lil more time in the scriptures....
You do not have a good understanding of them, and it only makes you look bad!
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#121589 Jan 19, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again....
If you'd have read it.... you'd see that it wasn't that they didn't want to give the money, but
They "LIED" to the Holy Spirit, and SAID that this was all they got for their property!
Lying to, and lying about the Holy Spirit is not good at all!
You might want to spend a lil more time in the scriptures....
You do not have a good understanding of them, and it only makes you look bad!
Might as well read the Funny Papers.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121590 Jan 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you just showed extreme intolerance. Higher than any I have seen from any atheists here. I see you could not prove me wrong.
I have never once told a child hell is A-ok. In fact, I tell them hell does not even exist, so going there is impossible.
Right now, I am dealing with you, and it is proving to show the high level of intolerance of the common Christian.
I need not make promises of atheism having some comfort zone. I simply show the immoral behavior that blind faith leads to. You show it over and over again on this thread.
" I tell them hell does not even exist"....
God is real, and hell exists!
To tell a child that they can do whatever feels good, without punishment for doing so...
you might as well tell them to steal from their neighbor because jail does not exist!
See... God's existence does not depend on anyone's belief...
Not yours, or mine!

The Heavens declare His Glory, and you just don't want to see it!
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#121591 Jan 19, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>" I tell them hell does not even exist"....
God is real, and hell exists!
To tell a child that they can do whatever feels good, without punishment for doing so...
you might as well tell them to steal from their neighbor because jail does not exist!
See... God's existence does not depend on anyone's belief...
Not yours, or mine!
The Heavens declare His Glory, and you just don't want to see it!
Who is going to punish them you dipwad.

Who makes that decision.

When do the Heavans speak?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121592 Jan 19, 2014
Psalms 1

1:1 Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the
ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the
seat of scoffers.
1:2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law
doth he meditate day and night.
1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth its fruit in season; its leaf also shall
not wither; and whatever he doeth shall prosper.
1:4 The ungodly [are] not so: but [are] like the chaff which the
wind driveth away.
1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor
sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way
of the ungodly shall perish.

SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121593 Jan 19, 2014
justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I absolutely agree. I have learned a lot from you. Don't let that "sista" ignorance detour you from posting. Your enlightening .
Passing English 101 should absolutely be a requirement FIRST though.

Good for learning the differences in words like Your and You('re a fake and phony!) as well as learning the differnces between words like "deter" and road signs of "detour"

Probably pro censorship ala COMMUNISM as well.

You Truly Ignorant Imbecile.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#121594 Jan 19, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Psalms 1
1:1 Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the
ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the
seat of scoffers.
1:2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD; and in his law
doth he meditate day and night.
1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth its fruit in season; its leaf also shall
not wither; and whatever he doeth shall prosper.
1:4 The ungodly [are] not so: but [are] like the chaff which the
wind driveth away.
1:5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor
sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
1:6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way
of the ungodly shall perish.
Who does all of that evil punishing?

Who is that vengeful being?
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121595 Jan 19, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Have no idea what a bushing mark is... Do you know what tool marks are? They can be big hunks beat in a rock by another rock or microscopic lines left by a diamond blade and provide evidence as to the possible tool used ... If I take a stone and cut it with a wet saw, a laser, and a carbide tipped dry saw I , and most machinists, can tell which cut was made with which without ever seeing the tool used... And can eliminate many tools that can also cut the stone, or steel, or what ever material... You can also tell methods used to guide the tools used... For example it is impossible for the human hand to cut a straight line within 1/10,000th of an inch without use of some type of machine... It may be a simple machine such as a magnifying glass with a micro template ... but the most experienced and practiced human hand unaided cannot even know there is a variance of that scale without some form of machine...
So you do not think the stones were cut manually, but rather instead, by the use of some mechanized means?

Do you think the resident naughty natured Monkey boys of Gobekli Temp maybe had a nice stone structured shop containing items such as found here---http://machinetooldie.c om/....?

HM?
Yes? NOOOO?(!)(you do know what that word means, correct?)
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#121596 Jan 19, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we are....
NO we are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liquor sales or kids welfare ? CHOICE ! 4 min town guy 9
Liquor License to locals only 9 min governor 3
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 15 min John 14
Bonita you Promised Kids First ! 1 hr Not liquor first 7
School board member chooses liquor over KIDS ! 1 hr Granny 10
tara 2 hr heard 1
KCHS principal 4 hr Survey 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages