Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163750 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121070 Jan 13, 2014
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>BTW who do you support Stupid?
insane MapcCain or Red China Romney?
You racist pos.
"You racist pos"???
Really???
I get it... you Liberals call everyone that disagrees with you "Racist"..... you think that makes you Win the argument??? No! Just shows how stupid you are!

I was Proud that America elected a Black POTUS, so to call me racist is just ignorant!

It's not the Color of his skin, but the content of his character that makes him the worst
POTUS EVER, and those who still support him.... the stupidest people on this planet!
But I still wouldn't call you a POS.... Because, Christ even died for you!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121072 Jan 13, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell her size, shape, and walking nature. It's quite a bit. But keep ignoring the evidence and live in your cowardly ignorance.
You cannot tell her walking nature.... They ground he hip joints!
Talk about ignorance!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121073 Jan 13, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Liar. What behavior have I excused due to it being natural?
You are lying about the hot stove. I am not evil due to not believing the stove is actually hot. I chose not to believe the stove is hot because you cannot show a hot stove.
Your comments go far beyond any simple warning. Now take that log out of your eye.
I could point to your postings, but you're doing to good of job to stop now!
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121074 Jan 13, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"reject the bible? Do you mean reject the idea it is all true, or that a god is real, or that Jesus is the son of god?
One of the most famous biblical scholars on the planet is an agnostic. He was once an evangelical Christian, who went to a Christian college.
Bart Ehrman.Author of 27 books on the bible.
Keep lying and no one will ever believe a word you say.
And yet....
Even Bart knows Jesus was real!
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121076 Jan 13, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
People who have not studied the bible accept it as the truth.
I study it all the time...
It is posters like you guys that proves it true....
Funny part is.... If you'd studied it... you'd know where I'm coming from!
Classic!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121077 Jan 13, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No, why would I? You sound just like YaA.
Humans are primates, mammals, and animals. Don't like it? Either respect the science or be laughed at like a fundie.
Man's labels....
No other creature on earth can do all that you can do!
You didn't "Evolve" to do them either!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121078 Jan 13, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
How can something so dumb like Satan be real.
Satan knew God in ways that you can't possibly imagine. He had more first-hand experience of God's omnipotence and love.
Satan would have known more than anyone the utter futility of rebelling against God.
Yet, that's what he did.
Nothing can be as stupid as that, so it follows that he doesn't exist.
Yet... here you are debating.... Hahaha!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#121080 Jan 13, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not believe his\her ignorance is genetic. It is the conditioning of religion that prohibits accepting science.
(1) Do not call Macro-Evilution science.... it is NOT!
(2) It is the Knowledge of God that prohibits accepting Macro-Evilution as science!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#121082 Jan 13, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY I BELIEVE THE BIBLE TO BE THE WORD OF GOD
1 What the Bible itself says of its origin 2 Timothy 3:16,17 Revelation 1:1
Irrelevant, as the Bible is not trustworthy.
Known Fact wrote:
2 It's detailed knowledge of future had to come from a superhuman source 2 Peter 1:20, 21 Isaiah 42:9
The Bible has no knowledge of the future. It has not one confirmable supernatural prophecy and numerous failed prophecies.
Known Fact wrote:
3 It's internal harmony. written down by 40 men over a period of 1600 years.
Actually, despite undergoing editing, the Bible still contains clear contradictions.
Known Fact wrote:
4 It's scientific accuracy compared to other writings from the same time period.
Such as? The Bible teaches that the Earth is a flat disc covered by a solid dome contains the Sun, Moon, and stars. The Bible hasn't provided any scientific breakthroughs. Jesus could have saved countless lives by simply explaining the idea of germs to his followers. Yet he didn't...because he didn't know. In fact, Jesus tells them that hand-washing is unnecessary ritual.
Known Fact wrote:
5 It's frank and honest writers.
They're not honest. The writer of Matthew is clearly a dishonest myth-maker.
Known Fact wrote:
6 It's preservation despite vicious efforts to destroy it.
Absurd. No book has had more effort made to preserve it.
Known Fact wrote:
7 What it has done for me!
Vague, meaningless claim.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121083 Jan 13, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.
42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.
You'd have to be an absolute idiot to buy into the notion that a guy could and did survive 3 nights and days in the belly of a fish >and< claim it as veracity of prophets and the Bible.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#121084 Jan 13, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yet... here you are debating.... Hahaha!
So by debating Satan, your logic dictates that he exists?

Right you are, carry on...
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#121085 Jan 13, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oyeee , Tontiloco , We have seen the results of your testing . You can't even google right ,you twit.
When you attempted to translate liar ,liar pants are on fire
This is what you came up with
Mentiroso ,mentiroso pantalones en fuego
That translates to
Lying,lying pants ,in the fire ,,, Great job there, Speedy Gonzalez
The rest is History...
Sacate la cabeza del tracero , raton de maya.......
La evolucion ,la evolucion
Los tontilocos creen en la evolucion
Pfft!!
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#121086 Jan 13, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Pfft!!

Again I must correct you , PFFT is spelled with 3 f's you spelled it PFFT...
Then again ,you are the same one who cannot spell lol backwards.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#121087 Jan 13, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So by debating Satan, your logic dictates that he exists?
Right you are, carry on...
It's a frequent "AHA!" moment of the fundies that discussing a Book proves the characters are real. I'm looking forward to trying it with Jack and the Beanstalk as soon as I get the HOA to let me keep a goose in my garage.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#121088 Jan 13, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>(1) Do not call Macro-Evilution science.... it is NOT!
(2) It is the Knowledge of God that prohibits accepting Macro-Evilution as science!
#2 is nothing to brag about, YaA.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#121089 Jan 13, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The important thing here is, Christians have a desperate need to get credit for charities. It is what Jesus would do. Giving is not important unless you get credit, right? Well seems to be the logic of Curious and friends.
No ,Atheist ,that is not the important thing .
The important thing is to point out how Atheists try to take credit for the accomplishments of others.
The bais for charitable organizations in the US is based on christianity . So is our Educational system ,Health system ETAL.
Atheists are known for doing less charitable work than any other group

A comprehensive study by Harvard University professor Robert Putnam found that religious people are more charitable than their irreligious counterparts.[2][3] The study revealed that forty percent of worship service attending Americans volunteer regularly to help the poor and elderly as opposed to 15% of Americans who never attend services.[4][5] Moreover, religious individuals are more likely than non-religious individuals to volunteer for school and youth programs (36% vs. 15%), a neighborhood or civic group (26% vs. 13%), and for health care (21% vs. 13%).[6][7]
Arthur C. Brooks wrote in Policy Review regarding data collected in the Social Capital Community Benchmark Survey (SCCBS)(data collected by in 2000 by researchers at universities throughout the United States and the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research):
“ The differences in charity between secular and religious people are dramatic. Religious people are 25 percentage points more likely than secularists to donate money (91 percent to 66 percent) and 23 points more likely to volunteer time (67 percent to 44 percent). And, consistent with the findings of other writers, these data show that practicing a religion is more important than the actual religion itself in predicting charitable behavior. For example, among those who attend worship services regularly, 92 percent of Protestants give charitably, compared with 91 percent of Catholics, 91 percent of Jews, and 89 percent from other religions.[8]”
ABC News reported:
“...the single biggest predictor of whether someone will be charitable is their religious participation.
Religious people are more likely to give to charity, and when they give, they give more money: four times as much. And Arthur Brooks told me that giving goes beyond their own religious organization:
"Actually, the truth is that they're giving to more than their churches," he says. "The religious Americans are more likely to give to every kind of cause and charity, including explicitly non-religious charities."[9]

In 2009, Pew Research Forum reported that a comprehensive study by Harvard University professor Robert Putnam found that religious people are more charitable than their irreligious counterparts.[10][11] The study revealed that forty percent of worship service attending Americans volunteer regularly to help the poor and elderly as opposed to 15% of Americans who never attend services.[12][13] Moreover, religious individuals are more likely than non-religious individuals to volunteer for school and youth programs (36% vs. 15%), a neighborhood or civic group (26% vs. 13%), and for health care (21% vs. 13%).[14][15]
Given that atheistic evolutionary thinking has engendered social darwinism and given that the proponents of atheism have no rational basis for morality in their ideology, the immoral views that atheists often hold and the low per capita giving of American atheists is not surprising.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#121090 Jan 13, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I must correct you , PFFT is spelled with 3 f's you spelled it PFFT...
Then again ,you are the same one who cannot spell lol backwards.
You have pretty much disgrace yourself on this tread "Mantel" so again, pfft or pffft!!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#121091 Jan 13, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY I BELIEVE THE BIBLE TO BE THE WORD OF GOD
1 What the Bible itself says of its origin 2 Timothy 3:16,17 Revelation 1:1
2 It's detailed knowledge of future had to come from a superhuman source 2 Peter 1:20, 21 Isaiah 42:9
3 It's internal harmony. written down by 40 men over a period of 1600 years.
4 It's scientific accuracy compared to other writings from the same time period.
5 It's frank and honest writers.
6 It's preservation despite vicious efforts to destroy it.
7 What it has done for me!
THAT SAYS A LOT FOR MY GOD!
First, I disagree the bible is this. Biblical scholars will tell you more than forty men wrote what is known as the bible.
I would love for you to tell me their full names?

I see a lack of harmony. I see a lack of scientific corroboration.

It lasting a long time is not a testament of truth, it is a testament of belief. How many years had the Koran been around? This alone shows, time is not the best test of truth.

And I wonder if you cut and pasted this answer?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121092 Jan 13, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 3 ways to learn.
1 Can take God's word for it. The creator knows more about us than we know about our selves.
2 Can learn from the mistakes of others.
3 Learn from experience. That is called learning the hard way. Those who insist on learning things the hard way end up learning a lot of things they would have been better off not knowing in the first place
So in the finally it is much better to study the Bible and take God's word for it! He will never tell you something that will harm you!
The Bible itself says it is from God, mankind’s Creator
2 Tim. 3:16, 17:“All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”
Rev. 1:1:“A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place.”
2 Sam. 23:1, 2:“The utterance of David the son of Jesse . . . The spirit of Jehovah it was that spoke by me, and his word was upon my tongue.”
Isa. 22:15:“This is what the Sovereign Lord, Jehovah of armies, has said.”
We would expect God’s message to all mankind to be available around the globe. The Bible, the whole or in part, has been translated into some 1,800 languages. Its circulation totals in the billions. Says The World Book Encyclopedia:“The Bible is the most widely read book in history. It is probably also the most influential. More copies have been distributed of the Bible than of any other book. It has also been translated more times into more languages than any other book.”—(1984), Vol. 2, p. 219.
The fact you cannot answer a question with your own words shows just how brainwashed you are.

Now you claim if one follows gods word, no harm can come. Yet we know through history, many JW were killed by the Nazi's. So are you claiming they failed to follow gods word?

What I have learned from others mistakes is, you cannot have your cake and eat it also.
Contradictions show likelihood of false claims.

And I do not believe god wrote a single word, ever.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#121093 Jan 13, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just curious "Mike" WHO IS YOUR GOD? Your God must be the one described at
2 Corinthians 4:4
I do not have a god. Don't you know what an atheist is?
And if you think I am going to look up your scriptures, you are wrong.
I might read them if you cut and paste them. You are the master at that. But maybe your propaganda did not post it, so you have to actually work more to do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bad batch of meth and heroin going around 2 min Twilight Zone 11
Does the Bible really teach Free Will? 44 min Fyi 4
Davenport family... 44 min jacob 7
thomas. James wilson 51 min Jack 9
Margaret merida Hott knox co inmate ! 57 min Eslie 3
I know who is removing threads 59 min Herewego 2
Cashiers at shell next to wendys 1 hr swampfoot 3
Darren k West Voted Knox co Biggest FOOL ! 5 hr typicalknoxcosmar... 30
jerry garlands estate (Jun '11) 23 hr Wondering 40

Barbourville Jobs