Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120692 Jan 8, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Every fossil ever found confirms evolution. DNA evidence confirms evolution.
Now what do you have for evidence of a god?
"Every fossil ever found confirms evolution"
No... no it does not!
Fossils only prove something has died!
There is no transitional fossils ever found, or proven!
"DNA evidence confirms evolution"
No again! just another Lie Evilutionists like to propagate!
You have closer DNA to a Banana than an ape, and none of it
proves one thing turned into another...
The information in DNA is lost over time, not gained!
Proof of our God???
That same DNA you want to claim!
Buy a clue...
God is real, and every anti-God post you make proves it!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#120693 Jan 8, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Public means accepting bible study from those who close themselves off from the Truth. Voluntary bible study builds good character.
Your inclination toward True Scotsman educational screening is duly noted. Fair and Balanced, indeed...:-/
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120694 Jan 8, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Fossil transitionals between kingdoms and phyla:
The Cambrian fossils Halkiera and Wiwaxia have features that connect them with each other and with the modern phyla of Mollusca, Brachiopoda, and Annelida. In particular, one species of halkieriid has brachiopod-like shells on the dorsal side at each end. This is seen also in an immature stage of the living brachiopod species Neocrania. It has setae identical in structure to polychaetes, a group of annelids. Wiwaxia and Halkiera have the same basic arrangement of hollow sclerites, an arrangement that is similar to the chaetae arrangement of polychaetes. The undersurface of Wiwaxia has a soft sole like a mollusk's foot, and its jaw looks like a mollusk's mouth. Aplacophorans, which are a group of primitive mollusks, have a soft body covered with spicules similar to the sclerites of Wiwaxia (see Conway Morris 1998, 185-195).
You know....
I pasted " phyla of Mollusca, Brachiopoda, and Annelida" into my search engine, and guess what?
I found NOTHING that supports Evilution, as a Mollusk is still a mollusk... gee!
Go figure!
How about you posting that link on Dawkins and his Diatoms again...
or tell us how Lucy is a Human???
Hahahaha!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#120695 Jan 8, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Every fossil ever found confirms evolution"
No... no it does not!
Fossils only prove something has died!
"DNA evidence confirms evolution"
No again! just another Lie Evilutionists like to propagate!
Proof of our God???
That same DNA you want to claim!
Buy a clue...
God is real, and every anti-God post you make proves it!
No one needed more examples of lies for Jesus, YaA.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120696 Jan 8, 2014
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Never vote for a "Christian" they can not be trusted.
Really???
Your handle "Fox News Is A Joke" proves you wrong!
Go figure!
You have no credibility!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120697 Jan 8, 2014
Good day to you all... Keep warm!:-)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#120701 Jan 8, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Really???
Your handle "Fox News Is A Joke" proves you wrong!
Go figure!
You have no credibility!
Ah, I see from your judge its and continued postings that you disagree. You do realize that bearing false witness is a sin? Silly me, I forgot that in SEE-NO land all is forgiven and the end justifies the means, plus you have that lifetime get out of Hell free card. You fundies better hope that they're still readable when you get to your Pearly Gates - at the rate you Faux News, AiG, ICR and DI folk are flashing them they'll just be tattered scraps when you get there.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#120702 Jan 8, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
There are many transitional fossils. How about Lucy? Or Archaeopteryx?
Yes and Amen wrote:
Chimpanzees are our closest genetic relatives. Not bananas. You're lying.

And yes, that genetic similarity is strong evidence of common ancestry. Look at chromosome 2 in humans. It's a fused match for chimp chromosomes 2A and 2B. This makes no sense except if evolution is true.
Yes and Amen wrote:
How so? New variations are created through mutation.
comforted by lies

Monterey, CA

#120703 Jan 8, 2014
to think how many people are insulted by honesty and how few by deceit.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#120704 Jan 8, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
or tell us how Lucy is a Human???
Hahahaha!
Lucy was clearly not a human. And clearly not a modern ape.

She's a transitional species between more ape-like ancestors and us. Her body dimensions are in between humans and ape and she's bipedal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#120705 Jan 8, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
He was stating his opinion based on his Personal experiences ,which he clearly stated
His personal experiences are the facts he provided in support of his opinion.
You can disagree with his opinion and arbitrarily disregard the facts that he presented.
What none of you have been able to do is to show that the facts Rosch presented are inaccurate.
That thereis a problem of suicide and depression amomg Atheists is further supported by
a number of studies ,of which you are all aware , that Atheists are afflicted by those maladies
much more so than those who believe in God.
(Staks Rosch > Donna Carnathan
ē a year ago
Donna, of course this is my opinion. I thought that went without saying. It is also based on my Personal experience)
(Atheism Has A Suicide Problem About a year ago a friend of mine died. He was the first person I take credit for de-converting away from theism to atheism. While I canít say for certain that his death was suicide, I canít rule it out. It has also been about four months now since the death of Humanist activist and friend Joe Fox. Joe was the reason I became the head of PhillyCoR and while he seemed like the happiest person you could know and was always there for anyone who needed help, he apparently secretly struggled with depression. I also have another friend who recently de-converted and is having a very difficult time adjusting to the reality that God doesnít exist. While I donít think he is suicidal, I would be surprised if he didnít think about it at times. This is something we donít like to admit, but it is true. There is a problem within the atheist community of depression and suicide.-)
The study fails to show atheism was the cause of a single suicide.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#120706 Jan 8, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
Your inclination toward True Scotsman educational screening is duly noted. Fair and Balanced, indeed...:-/
I want children taught character, self control and wisdom; not just reading, writing, history and math.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120707 Jan 8, 2014
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be hanging your hat on this atheist Geldolph fellow.
I say he was most likely singing his folk music for some organization run by Christians and riding on their coat tails taking credit for their work. But of course that is my speculation because how in the world would someone with a flawed view of the world come up with the idea of helping someone else
You have zero evidence of your ridiculous claim. It amazes me how much a Christian will lie and fabricate to justify the bibles claims.
Fact is, many atheists do many good things, thus the claim in the bible is absolutely false, without a doubt. The claim in the bible is as absurd as your defense.

But it is no secret, you fundamentalist bible lovers are incapable of reading the bible objectively.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120708 Jan 8, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
No I know you are not if you were you would know that evolution is a farce with no evidence to prove otherwise!
Says the guys who is so poor at the basic skills of writing that he cannot even use commas.
It is very clear from your propaganda cut and paste, religion has tricked you into thinking evolution is not true. But does that make it so? No. Most every expert on the planet disagrees with you. And the only experts who agree with you are extreme fundamentalist Christians or Muslims. Meaning, they have motive to lie, or be in denial/delusion.
These people are making a good living defending creationism. Most scientists make no money defending evolution.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#120709 Jan 8, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
No I know you are not if you were you would know that evolution is a farce with no evidence to prove otherwise!
What publications did you read to prove otherwise? I forget you only read watchtower publications to get your information. Do you have anymore stupid lies and distortions published by the watchtower for us to refute?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120710 Jan 8, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot, let me simplify it for you, My Point is, that Stak's opinion is based on his experiences, unless he's had personal experiences with EVERY atheist or non believer in this world then it is still his opinion. This is not a published paper in any medical journal or any health magazines. This is his opinion written on his blog. The question you need to ask is why are these believers converting to atheism in the first place?
United States has gone from being 1% godless in 2005 to 5% in 2012.(The percentage of people simply calling themselves non-religious is 30%, significantly higher than ever before.) That is up quite a bit on the Global Atheism Index. Apparently with all the preaching of hell fire and torment if you don't believe, the Christian community is still losing their followers.
It is my opinion that atheism is on the rise due to 9/11. Many people took note of how the Muslim religion justifies murder. So many believers were open minded enough to introspect their own beliefs. They found the bible also justifies murder as we see it in America.
Books on atheism started selling like hotcakes, and bible scholars like Bart Erhman started writing books harshly critiquing the bible.
The information age is here, and is spreading the other side(non belief) across the world, to places where people were isolated from hearing different opinions and facts.
Now more people have been enabled to make a real choice. Many must still battle the brainwashing that is hard to shake. The massive numbers of the religious will make for more brainwashing of children for a long time to come. But slowly the information will spread. The numbers of brainwashing religion will decrease. It is inevitable.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#120711 Jan 8, 2014
Brain_D wrote:
<quoted text>I want children taught character, self control and wisdom; not just reading, writing, history and math.
That's supposedly why we spend the megabucks on sports - but that's another issue.
If the fundie bigotry, glorification of ignorance, prevarications, confabulations, and inclinations for lying through teeth is any evidence, Bible study to build good character works about as well as mowing your lawn with an armadillo. It's already been noted on several occasions that the Bible belt also boasts the nation's worst overall scholastic ratings - which are nothing to brag about compared to less theistic countries to begin with. So much for religion's benefits to reading,'riting and 'rithmetic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120712 Jan 8, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I want children taught character, self control and wisdom; not just reading, writing, history and math.
Ok, but the bible has no monopoly on these things. It is debatable if the bible is good for this.
Ever heard of philosophy? If a student learns from a variety of philosophers, he can develop his own character, and learn how to control himself for logical reasons, instead of attempting to control himself for fear of some supposed eternal torture chamber.

A student who learns that doing good for reasons other than reward in heaven can motivate better than the myths.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120713 Jan 8, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Public means accepting bible study from those who close themselves off from the Truth. Voluntary bible study builds good character.
The first sentence you wrote needs more explaining. The second one is your opinion, which is debatable.
Judging the character of the bible study people here, you have no case. They are a pack of liars. Even when caught red handed lying, they deny it and refuse to accept responsibility. They do not ask for forgiveness.
Most also defend killing for religious reasons.
If this is the character you wish for people, then I guess I see why you want the bible study.
I opt for other places of study that carries less baggage.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#120714 Jan 8, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Says the guys who is so poor at the basic skills of writing that he cannot even use commas.
It is very clear from your propaganda cut and paste, religion has tricked you into thinking evolution is not true. But does that make it so? No. Most every expert on the planet disagrees with you. And the only experts who agree with you are extreme fundamentalist Christians or Muslims. Meaning, they have motive to lie, or be in denial/delusion.
These people are making a good living defending creationism. Most scientists make no money defending evolution.
With a 4% post secondary graduation rate, JWs must exemplify those whom Brain_D is talking about. Children indoctrinated into the cult exhibit superior moral character.??? I haven't noticed that automatons HAVE any character.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 14 min Kyboy 7,186
Stealing from child's grave 58 min gator 8
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 1 hr gator 6
Pastor Arnold Murray R.I.P.. 1 hr LOL 11
Chamges to Topix? 2 hr Archangel Oger 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Jay 155,437
Marica 1015 5 hr Looker 1

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE