Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,314

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#120806 Jan 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The earth was created almost ten billion years after the universe began. So claiming they both were in the "beginning" is at the very least, a misleading statement.
And just how did the bible writers know what god did? It does not say. You simply blindly accept that whoever claimed it, had authority to speak for you god.
That however, does NOT mean, any of it never existed.

Because denying the existence of whole cultures is just plain ignorant too.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#120807 Jan 10, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Partied himself to death with all that silver....
"Who was" Mark Twain?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#120808 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
It mutt be really suck to be stuck in such a shallow box of derrrwinian narrow, limted mindelssness.
Glad I'm not :-).
So let us know when you extract yourself out of the abysmal ape chit clogged arses of, and maybe we can discuss the possibility of life on and in places like Europa.
How can we discuss Europa when you do not accept the terms of science. For all I know, you mean the city of Europa.
We cannot properly communicate because you refuse to use language properly.
Humans are in the classification of primates. It is a fact, now if you would like to use words of the English language properly, please try to explain what your dispute is?
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#120809 Jan 10, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
The story is made up. Consider that Jesus was God ,resurrected dead people, grew legs and arms back on amputees. This God or "a god" as some christians claimed.. has the power to force you to eat your own dung and burn you alive where you stand. God also can butcher your wife and have your daughters taking as slaves and raped by their owners.
Judas had no fear of betraying Jesus because this story never happened. Lets say Judas did betray Jesus then it was because he new it was a carnival act and like a grifter he sold out Jesus for money.
Don't forget the passage in the bible that God will give you great delusions and make you believe a lie. I bet you will believe the lie anyway to prove a God exists.
That's NOT what the Bible infers.

It SAYS-Jesus was a person that walked here on this Earth in HUMAN form. Period.

DUHMmy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120810 Jan 10, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
DID GOD USE EVOLUTION?
Theoretical process of evolution
Many who do not believe in the Bible embrace the theory that living things emerged from lifeless chemicals through unknown and mindless processes. Supposedly, at some point a bacteria-like, self-replicating organism arose, gradually branching out into all the species that exist today. This would imply that ultimately the mind-bogglingly complex human actually evolved from bacteria.
The theory of evolution is also embraced by many who claim to accept the Bible as the word of God. They believe that God produced the first burst of life on earth but then simply monitored, and perhaps steered, the process of evolution. That, however, is not what the Bible says.
The Bible account of creation does not conflict with the scientific observation that variations occur within a kind
According to the Bible, Jehovah God created all the basic kinds of plant and animal life, as well as a perfect man and woman who were capable of self-awareness, love, wisdom, and justice.
The kinds of animals and plants created by God have obviously undergone changes and have produced variations within the kinds. In many cases, the resulting life-forms are remarkably different from one another.
The Bible account of creation does not conflict with the scientific observation that variations occur within a kind.
Great, so your religion does believe in evolution. Now if you could only produce evidence your god ever created a "kind".
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#120811 Jan 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis states that there were only a handful of survivors of any "kind" following a global flood.
The Bible accounts conflict with -->every<-- scientific observation.
That was THEN.
We have advance scientifically over time.

Get it yet?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120812 Jan 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
Wow. Talk about living in denial. Next thing you know she'll be claiming we aren't even animals.
I have heard many religious people refuse to acknowledge humans are animals.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#120813 Jan 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
Wow. Talk about living in denial. Next thing you know she'll be claiming we aren't even animals.
Keep trying...you're still slightly intellectually rut-mutted.
SistaNoneYa

Mount Vernon, KY

#120814 Jan 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
(as in we are NOT comprised of animals either.)

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120815 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if yer a derrrwinian, dark age, clueless mutt.
As opposed to being a purebred, or of incest?
The theory of evolution is of science, not the dark ages.
And you just called billions of people demeaning names. I see you labeled them with your own made up language.
You just labeled most every scientist on the planet in this statement.
So you are of the belief, most all scientists are clueless.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120816 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than being more intelligent, just how are we different than animals of other kinds?
All animals have some differences. It is the similarities that put us in the same category, science uses. I guess you just refuse to accept our common language. No big secret there, baby talker.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120817 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep trying...you're still slightly intellectually rut-mutted.
It does not surprise me you are so full of yourself, you cannot believe you are of the same category as animals. How arrogant.

"rut-mutted" is not a word, idiot.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120818 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That was THEN.
We have advance scientifically over time.
Get it yet?
Clearly you have not.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120819 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
It SAYS-Jesus was a person that walked here on this Earth in HUMAN form. Period.
DUHMmy.
Yet millions, or maybe even a billion Christians see Jesus as a god.
What the bible says is interpreted in a variety of ways. Why read it so literally?
Nadman

Palmetto, FL

#120820 Jan 10, 2014
I'm very disappointed in Phil Robertson. He said what he believed and now he sold out just to get his job back. He apologized to the Gay Community and agreed to set up a Million Dollar Foundation for them... I guess he wanted to get back on the MONEY TRAIN. LOL

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#120821 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
DUHMmy.
But, but, but... The BIBLE SAYS....
Big deal.
Children are told that George chopped down a cherry tree. George existed, but the incident didn't.
Quit blubbering.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#120822 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
DUHMmy.
&fe ature=youtu.be

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#120823 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we are animals AND comprised largely of animals. I expect you're far and away too squeamish to accept that fact.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120824 Jan 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly you have not.
Eh Duquette, if you can't handle the Science, then stay rut-mired then in the animalisTic ignorance of cat-box litter chit level stupidity.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120825 Jan 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Duquette, make up your minDUH.
You either see beyond the ape chit BS, or ya don't lol.
What is a "minduh" I looked it up and no such word exists.
Now do you read the bible literally and see Jesus as a man, or do you not, and see Jesus as a god?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New WET vote petition started today in barbourv... 6 min lol 7
Sarah Hamilton 47 min Hopeful 8
lets go to florida 1 hr need a friend 32
School System 1 hr Wondering 7
Soggy bottom kart track 2 hr s burnett 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr Bethany Ky 701
Missing Dogs 2 hr dog lover 3
Hampton Funeral Home Question? 19 hr GM Retired 8
dinky phipps 20 hr shamed 28
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST