Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,618

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#120089 Dec 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You DON'T know that.
It's an infinitely more reasonable answer than "resurrection".

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#120090 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, and athiest has no foundation belief system therefore they are amoral.
An atheist often (probably too stupid to even know) adopt society morals which are in fact Judeo Christian morals.
You see the irony an atheist claims to be moral but the standard of morals are the Biblical Judeo Christian morals.
Pretty funny stuff if you ask me
The atheist refuses to have a standard so they adopt a Biblical standard of morality.
“We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid.”
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120091 Dec 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you made the comment that is irrelevant as most of your comments are.
Bread and water was the common meaning for food and drink in general. And it is completely unbelievable it happened as claimed. I have little doubt every story in the bible is highly exaggerated. Just look at the liars on this thread. No doubt it was the same then.
Quite possible...just as the Hittittes claimed victory, the same as Ramses.

(irrelevance sure gives you DUHMMIEs something to actually have to THINK about for ten seconds anyway though lol)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120092 Dec 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you made the comment that is irrelevant as most of your comments are.
Bread and water was the common meaning for food and drink in general. And it is completely unbelievable it happened as claimed. I have little doubt every story in the bible is highly exaggerated. Just look at the liars on this thread. No doubt it was the same then.
and just FYI (because you do NOTknow what type of critters, berries and OTHER water holding plants very well MAY have been around)

These are some stories of people surviving without food for a long period of time. These stories cannot be authenticated but cannot be dismissed easily either. In 1992 James Scott, made world headlines when he survived in the Nepalese Himalayas without food for 43 days. James maintained a disciplined routine that enabled him to survive freezing, starvation and severe isolation. He was eventually rescued many weeks after experts predicted he would no longer be alive. His story is now recognised as one of the great feats of survival. His unique account provides a moving experience that is both entertaining and motivating.

United States of America

#120094 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, and athiest has no foundation belief system therefore they are amoral.
An atheist often (probably too stupid to even know) adopt society morals which are in fact Judeo Christian morals.
You see the irony an atheist claims to be moral but the standard of morals are the Biblical Judeo Christian morals.
The atheist refuses to have a standard so they adopt a Biblical standard of morality.
I doubt you can understand the magnitude of the stupidity in your statement.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120095 Dec 30, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an infinitely more reasonable answer than "resurrection".
I personally, do NOT perceive it that way, but it is certainly your personal choice to.

In any case-it sure made History, and then some.

Location hidden

#120096 Dec 30, 2013
Demsbetterfind wrote:
<quoted text>
In atheisism of "no beliefs"??
No, not within atheism. I use reason.
What do you use?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120097 Dec 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What morals are Judeo Christian? You act as if they have the lock down on morality, which is a denial of reality. In fact, seems to me, secular morality is what made our society better than the one we left. That secularism was built from deists, agnostics and even atheists. It was built in spite of the barbaric morality of religion.
And in spite of man kinds extremely megalomanical inhumane egos at times as well.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120098 Dec 30, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not within atheism. I use reason.
What do you use?
The brain my good creator blessed me with.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#120099 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
We are all sinners, we are all going to die because of sin, God has provided a way
Donkeys do not sin. Why does God judge them?

Location hidden

#120101 Dec 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The brain my good creator blessed me with.
You're saying you base morals on reason then?

United States of America

#120102 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait.... is it your position that Judeo-Christian were the first to possess moral principles?

lol If you were any slower, you'd be going backward.

Location hidden

#120103 Dec 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally, do NOT perceive it that way, but it is certainly your personal choice to.
Yes, you do. If I told you a story about my turtle who disappeared, you would NEVER believe "it grew wings and flew away" versus "it died and was buried somewhere".
SistaNoneYa wrote:
In any case-it sure made History, and then some.
It didn't make history; it *was made* by mythology.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#120104 Dec 30, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor curious, his mind is fuddled with superstitious mumbo jumbo.
I was reading that our DNA contains the codes for a protein called vitelligenin (it's what makes egg yolk).
I wonder what curious' explanation would be as to why the supreme creator being implanted these codes into our DNA.
After all those particular genes are not functional in us, but are virtually identical to the ones found in chickens (and other birds). Vitelligenin makes egg yolk so it is useful for animals that lay eggs but not for placental mammals like us.
Evolutionary Theory would explain this by saying that the three genes developed in common ancestors of mammals and birds (egg laying reptiles) and have fallen into disrepair in mammals where there was no selective advantage to keep them functional, but have remained intact in birds as they are still necessary.
That's the scientific view in brief.
Here's more of the science if you're interested....
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/03/19...
I wonder what the view from superstition and magic is?
I guess we'd better ask curious.
Glad you asked,.
It has been estimated that 1 cell can carry more information than that contained in a complete set of Encyclopedia Britanicas, We know that Natural laws are unable to create messages or information , messages and information are created by intelligence"minds"
So,how did this information get implanted into our DNA ?

I don't know why God implanted those codes into our DNA .
What I do believe is that God is the creator of life .
What evolutuionary theory Can Not tell us is where and how did all this information contained in our DNA originate?
Certainly could not be by natural laws , Laws do not have the ability to create
So we are back to a previous topic , how can inanimate matter create properties it itself neither posseses or has any way of being aware of them , life, intelligence and consciousness.
Fred Hoyle , an Atheist ,estimated that the possibility of inanimate matter spontaneouly creating life is 1 followed by 40,000 zeros.
Possibly ,now that you have another opportunity , you can provide the viable alternative that I have been asking the Atheists on this forum to provide.

Location hidden

#120105 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Biblical god supports slavery, genocide, and rape. Neither I, nor any other atheist I know, adopts such LOW standards.

Judeo-Christian morality is primitive morality.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#120106 Dec 30, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What is harmful is your intentional misrepresentations of the facts or your ignorance of the facts.
Where is it written in the Bible that " Jesus said that all who say there is no God are fools.
Did I misunderstand what you wrote?
Psalms 14 and it looks as if it was someone else that said it, not Jesus. I plead ignorance. I forgot most of the crap in the NT is not of Jesus.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#120107 Dec 30, 2013
In one of his debates , Chris Hitchens tried to make the poit that ,if there was an intelligent creator , said creator got it all wrong.
His opinion was partly based on the following;
We are heading for a huge disaster , as the Andromeda Galaxy is heading for a collision with our own galaxy.
How could an intelligent creator commit such an error.
We are heading for total destruction of our Universe.
And if we analyze those facts based on our limited human intelligence , one would probably agree that an error was made by the Creator.
But , that such an event would occur is prophesied in the Bible
Read revelation 6;12to 14
Read revelation21;1,2.

Moreover, at one time Atheists believed the Universe was Eternal.
If that belief were to be proven to be accurate, it would destroy the Bible starting with the first sentence , Inthe begining God created the Heavens and the Earth.
That the Earth and the Universe were created has been proven by Science.
That man was formed from the dust in the ground has also been proven, Atheists call it Stardust ,matters not.
Same thing,no matter what name you give it.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#120108 Dec 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Psalms 14 and it looks as if it was someone else that said it, not Jesus. I plead ignorance. I forgot most of the crap in the NT is not of Jesus.
No problem.
Where you continuously err is by posting crap by not presenting all the evidence needed
on a particular issue that you raise and take out of context.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#120109 Dec 30, 2013
Whose influence is pushing the nations to the world situation that will result in war against God?
Rev. 16:13, 14:“I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon [Satan the Devil; Rev. 12:9] and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.”

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#120110 Dec 30, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts of war are not Murder.
Tell that to the Jews at Auschwitz.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
no nickle tax knox BOE 8 hr sick of taxes 2
Mayor Darren west come get political signs 9 hr Catron resident 4
fire station or not 12 hr Citizen 3
HAppy Thanksgiving Everyone! 17 hr gator 2
how can a murderer walk the streets!!!! Thu john 16
Phillip Vaughn (Oct '10) Wed Loving 9
Separate Wed Loving 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts