Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,715)

Showing posts 114,281 - 114,300 of122,523
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
The Bible belt
The Appalachian Mountain range is called "the Bible belt" in name only. Most have a big family sized King James Version Bible displayed proudly on their coffee table (evidently for a good luck charm) but very few ever pick it up to read what it has to say. And if they do many will say, I can't understand the Bible then let some so called preacher, who knows no more than they do tell them what to believe!
You mean like having the watchtower tell you what the bible really says? Yes, every church in the history of man does this. And every one is in denial about it. And everyone says all others are wrong.
Your church is nothing special in these respects.
SevenT

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No sht, Sherlock. By definition historical facts are accurate or else they would be called historical fictions, The church(es) and the Bible(s) are well stocked with fictions - including the self-proclaimed fiction that it/they possess the inviolate and accurate Word of God. Brilliant example of the circular logic that you think has "challenged brilliant minds." You'd have to be delusional, mentally incompetent, morally corrupt or a pathological liar to promote such fantasies.
The truth is, atheists consistently score higher in knowledge of the Bible than Christians do - but I don't expect you to believe it, since you don't need or want --->evidence<--- to substantiate your feelings and faith.
I reply with childish remarks (as is appropriate) when dealing with child minds.
OK Atheist I challenge you to produce one single piece of information in the Bible that is not true.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ,you claimed it was not your responsibility to advice those poor souls yopu attempt to deconvert of the possible disatrous consequences of their actions.
The only good thing about all this is that since you do not believe you have succeeded in deconverting any one , therefore,due to your failure , no one has been put at risk ,but that should not be a consolation to you, since that was not your intention.
The fact that you failed in your mission does not absolve you of guilt
Lies. Here, let me prove right here and now you are a liar. I did not say "I di not believe I have succeeded in converting anyone", I said "I did not know...". You see, their is a fundamental difference between the two. Now either you are to stupid to know the difference, or you are purposely changing the wording to suit your deceptive needs.

And even if it is not a responsibility, does not mean I did not do it anyway. So again you deceive.

It is pointless debating someone who consistently changes my actual statements to suit their deceptive needs. You are deceptive. You are a liar, and I am sick of dealing with it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO sleep peacefully thank you, Duquette.
I do not doubt that for a second. It coincides with your massive denial.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Atheist I challenge you to produce one single piece of information in the Bible that is not true.
The entire world was never flooded, and thus all animals were not reduced to a few all at one time in the history of the world. DNA evidence alone prove this, but the fossil evidence backs it up.
The story is a lie and it is a whopper.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never been in a school that was "intolerant" of actual REAL "Science". Ever.
What planet are you babbling obliviously about?
Did I charge schools with being intolerant? Nope. Now try debating what I actually said, instead of the question you wished you were asked.
But I am sure you and I do not agree what is "real" science, as most fundamentalist extremists do not agree with most of the science of the day.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You using wide oars to back peddle with, or just a bull hockey stick?
Nope, just setting straight what you are tying to change. I see you use the tactics of Curious.
Try debating what I actually said, not what you wished I had said.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Christians died on the battlefield defeating Germany.
Many many Christians all over Europe fought to house Jewish people.
The Bible says the Jewish people will return to their homeland Israel. After WW 2 the State of Israel was established as a Jewish Nation once again.
That does not forgive what was done by the Christian Nazi's.

And predicting a people will someday return to their homeland is nothing special.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good-ness man, could you squeeze in any more contrary into your posts trying?
The absolute BEST thing I ever learned, was NO one "knows it all". Including myself!
Yet you refuse to let that ever be shown. Kind of like how Christians insist the love their enemies and then treat them like shit. It is a meaningless slogan. Kind of like, Change we can believe in. It is all political bullshit. I am simply trying to put this to light, and you are constantly trying to stifle said information.
Historian

Kuttawa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

There is only one valid rule for Bible study in public schools: Keep ALL religion out of the schools.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Duhm post.
You have no idea of anything beyond the realms of this Earth.
I could call any of your posts, dumb, but it would be silly and meaningless unless I showed the reasons it was dumb.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So god made it, how? Magic?
Foolish one , I am not talking magic , if I were , I would be talking about nonliving matter being able to convert itself into living matter by some unexplainable means.
Genesis gives a vivid explanation of how God prepared this planet for mankind so life could thrive here.
It is God who provided us with all the necessary ingredients for ours and other species he created to survive. That is one of the many reasons for which we are thankful to HIM
That our planet was prepared specifically for live to thrive here is somewhat confirmed by the fact that we have found no other signs of life anywhere else in our Universe.
One has to ask the question , If nonliving matter can spontaneously come to life ,,why can't we find even the simplest forms of life on the moon ,Mars or anywhere else in our Universe.
According to Science , both the Moon and Mars have been around for billions of years,.
If nonliving matter has the ability to spontaneously become living matter of it's own accord , why hasn't it done so. It's not like it hasn't had enough time.
SevenT

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The entire world was never flooded, and thus all animals were not reduced to a few all at one time in the history of the world. DNA evidence alone prove this, but the fossil evidence backs it up.
The story is a lie and it is a whopper.
Careful do not state as fact your opinion. Actually there is a ton of fossil and geological evidence to support a world wide flood.
SevenT

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That does not forgive what was done by the Christian Nazi's.
And predicting a people will someday return to their homeland is nothing special.
Nazis never were Christian they were political Facists.

You are embarassing yourself

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion? About on the same par level as lumping and labeling all that call themselves Christians, as "bad" (duh).
Can you show a post that I did this?
Strange, you see it as being on par, yet you did not scold Curious one bit for doing so. Double standards.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion? About on the same par level as lumping and labeling all that call themselves Christians, as "bad" (duh).
Is it on par with that time Jesus said all who say their is no god are fools?
I keep pointing to how intolerant the bible is, yet your standards refuse to admit it is a problem, and possibly harmful.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
Jesus separate from the Father
John 8:17, 18, RS:[Jesus answered the Jewish Pharisees:] In your law it is written that the testimony of two men is true; (1) I bear witness to myself, and the (2)Father who sent me bears witness to me.(So, Jesus definitely spoke of himself as being an individual separate and distinct from the Father.)
And one could put a separate person in a category labeled a trinity if they see the person as the same as another, or two.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

SevenT wrote:
When a Pagan or Heathen reads the Bible they do not have the mental capacity to understand what is written. Heathens are ignorant blind fools who wander through life wondering what it all means?
For this reason I believe we should offer as an Elective/Volunteer course Bible study in Public Schools.
Unfortunately the Heathens have children and Public School should be an opportunity for the children of Pagans to get a chance to learn the Bible.
The worthless closed minded Heathen will neglect and abuse their children by not taking them to a Bible believing Church.
LOCK THAT UP
Did you put up your heathen decorations at Christmas/Yule-time?
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Can you show a post that I did this?
Strange, you see it as being on par, yet you did not scold Curious one bit for doing so. Double standards.
Sista does not scold ,merely corrects the mistakes made by those who err continiously.
You ,again demonstrate your unwholesome ability of,when cornered, trying to escape by injecting a foreign subject into the conversation or intentionally omitting facts that are very pertinent to the topic being discussed.
Krak is also an expert in the usage of that dishonest and scurrilous MO.
Others ,like Witchetty , look to you experts to mentor them further in the art of obfuscation,smokescreens ,red herrings and other types of devious tactics in order to further the goals of your faith....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SevenT wrote:
When a Pagan or Heathen reads the Bible they do not have the mental capacity to understand what is written. Heathens are ignorant blind fools who wander through life wondering what it all means?
For this reason I believe we should offer as an Elective/Volunteer course Bible study in Public Schools.
Unfortunately the Heathens have children and Public School should be an opportunity for the children of Pagans to get a chance to learn the Bible.
The worthless closed minded Heathen will neglect and abuse their children by not taking them to a Bible believing Church.
LOCK THAT UP
And just who will understand what is written in the bible study class? I see you believe no Heathens or pagans will, so just who will benefit?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 114,281 - 114,300 of122,523
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lay K Teachers 5 min Joke 7
Mayor files lawsuit against six council members 10 min Funny 151
Maryann Smith and Thomas (Oct '12) 35 min wondering 19
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 1 hr supper time 10
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Commietator 138,306
Would love to have a female to HUG and SNUGGLE ... 1 hr gator 5
Chief Deputy Derek Eubanks... (Jan '12) 2 hr michelle 916
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 3:24AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••