Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156592 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120143 Dec 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
The Biblical god supports slavery, genocide, and rape. Neither I, nor any other atheist I know, adopts such LOW standards.
Judeo-Christian morality is primitive morality.
Delusionating you are speaking for ALL "athiests" now?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120144 Dec 31, 2013
Historian wrote:
There is only one valid rule for Bible study in public schools: Keep ALL religion out of the schools.
Even yours?
Dintelligentathi estcwub

London, KY

#120145 Dec 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Psalms 14 and it looks as if it was someone else that said it, not Jesus. I plead ignorance. I forgot most of the crap in the NT is not of Jesus.
called...and said you and your empty headed sock puppets were giving them a bad name!!!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120146 Dec 31, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible tells us that insects have four legs.
No doubt you see that as being correct.
Book, chapter, and verse!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120147 Dec 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nazis were in fact Christians for the vast majority who went to church on Sunday and had priests reading from the Bible who Believed that Jesus Christ was the son of God...
It's you that are embarrassing yourself with you educational level of history during the Second World War...
Didn't you mean to say "Catholics"?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120148 Dec 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike yourself, I can admit err, and try not to repeat said err.
Then why do you consistently and repeatedly attack others, because they simply refuse to perceive things in the same exact ways that you do?

And DO try and answer in the first person of yourself ONLY, with out stooping to ignorant, childish sandbox levels of name calling, and with out transferring your own opinion into another's lap, as if that's the way "it is" especially when it's not. Or at least (should you be UNable to do that) at least have the where with all to state that, it is YOUR opinion that..<insert your> blah blah blah, rather than gagging others with your direct pitchforks of persecution.

Can you do that?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120149 Dec 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am pretty sure the creation story was destroyed when it was understood all was not created in six days. But you guys made excuses for that. Then it was destroyed when it was understood all the kinds of animals were not created all at one time. But you do not believe that.
No matter what gets destroyed in your story, you will cling to others.
There you go, with the narrow, verbatim, quite limited, stuck in the little box of "square" again, dude.

It must be rough sometimes, being that closed minded.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120150 Dec 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Nice analogy!
Happy New year to ya!
I enjoyed comprehending it too :-)... and a Happy New Year to you as well YaA!!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#120157 Dec 31, 2013
Todays morals...
Hump who, what, and whenever you want...
It's only natural, as the dogs, and pigs do the same!
Who wants to do as the dogs, and pigs do?
Are we not better than they???
No... evidently not...
If a human gets pregnant... we just kill the lil inconvenience...
You call this morality???
We've all sinned, just some of us have repented those sins!
Choose Righteousness unto Life, or sin unto death...
It is your Right, your choice...
Do not blame God, or us, if you get what YOU"VE chosen!

Be Humans... Not Animals!
Have a Great New Year!
One Two Three

Toledo, OH

#120159 Dec 31, 2013
The only thing more funny than watching them post so many times in a row trying to dispute a God they don't believe in, is when they start trying to explain how nothing + nothing = everything! Lol!!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#120160 Dec 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you mean to say "Catholics"?
I meant the several assorted sects that were in Germany at the time... As there were Catholics, Protestants, Baptists, Russian Orthodox and about every other Christian denomination we have in the US today... and every one claimed the title of Christians...

So let me ask you a few direct questions....

Do you think JW's are Christians?

Do you think Mormons are Christians?

Do you think members of the Peoples Temple are Christians?

Do you think members of Westboro Baptist Church are Christians?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#120164 Dec 31, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were war crimes and many hanged or faced a firing squat for it after the war was over. Not enough of the Nazis if you ask me
So you think that when God called upon the slaughter of men , women and children in the Wars spoke of in the Bible he was committing War Crimes also? When Joshuah destroyed Jericho and wiped out the civilian population he was committing war crimes?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#120169 Dec 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's what YOU said...that's NOT what I said.
Then can you clarify your answer, please?

You say they're in your brain, but no gained through reason. So they were magically inserted?

Location hidden

#120170 Dec 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG, You're SO wrong.
And Ignorant as well.
Abysmally ignorant actually.
You're being dishonest. In your life, you'd never regularly choose a supernatural answer over an obvious natural answer.

How did my car door get this ding? A goblin hit it with his spear? Or someone opened the car door too wide?

How did Joe get to work so early? He owned a Star Trek teleporter? Or he left from home early?

Location hidden

#120171 Dec 31, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusionating you are speaking for ALL "athiests" now?
No, I specifically said "Neither I, nor any other atheist I know". Where did you get "ALL" from?

Location hidden

#120172 Dec 31, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Romans, Christians are the most persecuted people in history, still are in the muslim and communist world
Christians are among the least persecuted people in history.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120173 Dec 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You're being dishonest. In your life, you'd never regularly choose a supernatural answer over an obvious natural answer.
How did my car door get this ding? A goblin hit it with his spear? Or someone opened the car door too wide?
How did Joe get to work so early? He owned a Star Trek teleporter? Or he left from home early?
Did someone let the two year olds run loose in the hayseed yard again?

Sure sounds like it.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120174 Dec 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I specifically said "Neither I, nor any other atheist I know". Where did you get "ALL" from?
"Standards" are in the eye of the beholders.

And to some, the low is obvious...no matter the race, creed or color.
Happy New Years

United States

#120175 Dec 31, 2013
:)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#120176 Dec 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
And stick your pitchfork in the log of your own eye.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
C&J auto sales (Jul '09) 1 hr leary 15
DonRick Blevins? 2 hr wondering 2
Listen up people 2 hr crazy talk 3
How is Godfathers Pizza at Shell ? 4 hr Titty Sprinkles 11
Just curious Old Datsun 280Z 4 hr Santa 6
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 4 hr Excited 174
Stacey carnes 4 hr mossy seaman 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance