Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
114,241 - 114,260 of 128,883 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Lucky

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible belt corresponds to the Southern Baptist Convention adherents, which is pretty much the former Confederate states. Demographic maps of SBC dominance, high poverty and low educational scoring are nearly identical. But don't be smug, KF - median education, income and charitable works of the JW's is nothing to brag about.
This is what you do!! Take $1000 at birth of your children put in a 1 time payment to a mutual fund that has averaged 12% the last 10 years; and there are plenty of them, at age 65 your child will have $1,581,784 for retirement!! Take that to the bank!! End poverty!!!
fund

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

12% fund, Show such a fund
SevenT

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

When a Pagan or Heathen reads the Bible they do not have the mental capacity to understand what is written. Heathens are ignorant blind fools who wander through life wondering what it all means?

For this reason I believe we should offer as an Elective/Volunteer course Bible study in Public Schools.

Unfortunately the Heathens have children and Public School should be an opportunity for the children of Pagans to get a chance to learn the Bible.

The worthless closed minded Heathen will neglect and abuse their children by not taking them to a Bible believing Church.

LOCK THAT UP

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Lucky wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what you do!! Take $1000 at birth of your children put in a 1 time payment to a mutual fund that has averaged 12% the last 10 years; and there are plenty of them, at age 65 your child will have $1,581,784 for retirement!! Take that to the bank!! End poverty!!!
You're just a few decades too late on that advice for me, but I'll pass it along to the kids if you promise to stop posting off topic..

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SevenT wrote:
When a Pagan or Heathen reads the Bible they do not have the mental capacity to understand what is written. Heathens are ignorant blind fools who wander through life wondering what it all means?
For this reason I believe we should offer as an Elective/Volunteer course Bible study in Public Schools.
Unfortunately the Heathens have children and Public School should be an opportunity for the children of Pagans to get a chance to learn the Bible.
The worthless closed minded Heathen will neglect and abuse their children by not taking them to a Bible believing Church.
LOCK THAT UP
Bible belt and scholastic ignorance. Let me put it terms you might better comprehend:
Yer a idjit.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SevenT wrote:
LOCK THAT UP
POE
SevenT

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

CHROMIU MAN

My experience has been that when people respond with childish remarks that person is not a serious intelligent individual.

The truth is you probably could not pass the most elementary quiz on the Bible.

The Bible has challenged the most brilliant minds that have ever lived throughout history

There has NEVER been one historical fact mentioned in the Bible that is inaccurate.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<shrug> History disagrees. Take it up with the records.
Ok. Np.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Not all change is easy and peaceful. Don't you know about the book of Exodus from the bible? That entire book is anti-slavery, about the emancipation of the Jews from Egyptian slavery.
Just so they could have their own slaves. Of course they had gods permission, something the egyptians forgot to get and they got smitted for it.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting how this is the exact same theory Curious has.
I see you are not answering my questions. If you spent half as much time trying to actually answer a question than you do cut and pasting propaganda, we might actually have a conversation.
Lmao, "conversation" with the religiously impaired, good one.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

The "final solution" is a shortened version of "the final solution of the jewish question" or in german used by the christian nazis "die endlosung der judenfrage".

I am now referring to the evacuation of the jews, the extermination of the jewish people." himmler

One way or another I will tell you quite openly we must finish off the jews. frank

In mein kampf around the early 1920s hitler the christian wrote,

-If at the beginning of, or during, the war 12,000 or 15,000 of these jewish corrupters of the people had been plunged into an asphyxiating gas...the sacrifice of millions of soldiers would not have been in vain.-

The term "jewish" is basically refering to a person being a jew.
A jew is a person who adheres to the religion or culture of judaism.
And judaism is a religion.

Did the "final solution" have christians killing jews, yes.

Was the "final solution" religiously connected, yes.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow , How original. Never asked you ,Mike or any other Atheist to read my posts.
If you do so , it is because I draw you like a moth to a flame , you can not help yourselves and enjoy my stinging and accurate comments about your baseless faith,your deceitful tactics and hypocricy..
It is a wellestablished tactic by those who are unable to defend their position or their faith ,to charge their adversaries with lying,as they have no other choice , other than to admit their misdeeds , which someone like you COULD never do ,as you, in your arrogant and deceptive self righteousness, claim to have never committed any act for which you need feel ashamed.
YIKES, she is a Saintwitch , put her on the menu ,call the Catholic 8th armored division and have her cannonaded.
You are drawn like a moth to a flame to our comments......
I see you have nothing new again today.
Flush.
SevenT

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
The "final solution" is a shortened version of "the final solution of the jewish question" or in german used by the christian nazis "die endlosung der judenfrage".
I am now referring to the evacuation of the jews, the extermination of the jewish people." himmler
One way or another I will tell you quite openly we must finish off the jews. frank
In mein kampf around the early 1920s hitler the christian wrote,
-If at the beginning of, or during, the war 12,000 or 15,000 of these jewish corrupters of the people had been plunged into an asphyxiating gas...the sacrifice of millions of soldiers would not have been in vain.-
The term "jewish" is basically refering to a person being a jew.
A jew is a person who adheres to the religion or culture of judaism.
And judaism is a religion.
Did the "final solution" have christians killing jews, yes.
Was the "final solution" religiously connected, yes.
Many Christians died on the battlefield defeating Germany.
Many many Christians all over Europe fought to house Jewish people.
The Bible says the Jewish people will return to their homeland Israel. After WW 2 the State of Israel was established as a Jewish Nation once again.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

"The worthless closed minded heathen will neglect and abuse their children by not taking them to a bible believing church."

It's already confirmed that the "bible believing church" is where children are being abused.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea about my standards...let alone if ay of them are "double".
So stick a sock in it.
OBVIOUSLY-your pitchfork is gagging-ly obtusive.
You state them and break them daily here. I do have an idea, despite your denial.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SevenT wrote:
CHROMIU MAN
My experience has been that when people respond with childish remarks that person is not a serious intelligent individual.
The truth is you probably could not pass the most elementary quiz on the Bible.
The Bible has challenged the most brilliant minds that have ever lived throughout history
There has NEVER been one historical fact mentioned in the Bible that is inaccurate.
No sht, Sherlock. By definition historical facts are accurate or else they would be called historical fictions, The church(es) and the Bible(s) are well stocked with fictions - including the self-proclaimed fiction that it/they possess the inviolate and accurate Word of God. Brilliant example of the circular logic that you think has "challenged brilliant minds." You'd have to be delusional, mentally incompetent, morally corrupt or a pathological liar to promote such fantasies.
The truth is, atheists consistently score higher in knowledge of the Bible than Christians do - but I don't expect you to believe it, since you don't need or want --->evidence<--- to substantiate your feelings and faith.
I reply with childish remarks (as is appropriate) when dealing with child minds.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
The Bible belt
The Appalachian Mountain range is called "the Bible belt" in name only. Most have a big family sized King James Version Bible displayed proudly on their coffee table (evidently for a good luck charm) but very few ever pick it up to read what it has to say. And if they do many will say, I can't understand the Bible then let some so called preacher, who knows no more than they do tell them what to believe!
You mean like having the watchtower tell you what the bible really says? Yes, every church in the history of man does this. And every one is in denial about it. And everyone says all others are wrong.
Your church is nothing special in these respects.
SevenT

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No sht, Sherlock. By definition historical facts are accurate or else they would be called historical fictions, The church(es) and the Bible(s) are well stocked with fictions - including the self-proclaimed fiction that it/they possess the inviolate and accurate Word of God. Brilliant example of the circular logic that you think has "challenged brilliant minds." You'd have to be delusional, mentally incompetent, morally corrupt or a pathological liar to promote such fantasies.
The truth is, atheists consistently score higher in knowledge of the Bible than Christians do - but I don't expect you to believe it, since you don't need or want --->evidence<--- to substantiate your feelings and faith.
I reply with childish remarks (as is appropriate) when dealing with child minds.
OK Atheist I challenge you to produce one single piece of information in the Bible that is not true.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes ,you claimed it was not your responsibility to advice those poor souls yopu attempt to deconvert of the possible disatrous consequences of their actions.
The only good thing about all this is that since you do not believe you have succeeded in deconverting any one , therefore,due to your failure , no one has been put at risk ,but that should not be a consolation to you, since that was not your intention.
The fact that you failed in your mission does not absolve you of guilt
Lies. Here, let me prove right here and now you are a liar. I did not say "I di not believe I have succeeded in converting anyone", I said "I did not know...". You see, their is a fundamental difference between the two. Now either you are to stupid to know the difference, or you are purposely changing the wording to suit your deceptive needs.

And even if it is not a responsibility, does not mean I did not do it anyway. So again you deceive.

It is pointless debating someone who consistently changes my actual statements to suit their deceptive needs. You are deceptive. You are a liar, and I am sick of dealing with it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO sleep peacefully thank you, Duquette.
I do not doubt that for a second. It coincides with your massive denial.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min scirocco 146,756
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 45 min poofylover 81,560
Anthony Smith 55 min funny 11
Marlena cox 1 hr Right 41
Chris fisher 1 hr Memory 1
Giant Cross falls on Adult Store in Tennessee 2 hr Beelzebub 28
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr old 16,122
Elmer at Creek mart 14 hr lmao 8
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 22 hr sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••