Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
114,181 - 114,200 of 130,457 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they were a Christian sect,,,,, there was no difference between the Peoples Temple and a 1000 other Christian Churches scattered around the US... Some play with snakes, some roll around in the floor and speak jibberish.... Some wear funny hats and some don't use electricity... All claim belief in Jesus Christ as the son of God....
You have no more right to say they were not Christian than the Methodist saying your sect is not Christian... Of the JW's or the LDS or ect...
Christians will nearly always label those in Christian sects different to theirs as not being "true Christians".

Southern Baptists hate the fact that Mormons and Catholics are Christians.

Conversely, you'll never hear an atheist saying that another atheist wasn't a true atheist.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Repenting is quite a bit more than just asking for forgiveness!
You ever say sorry for coming home late for dinner, and turn around, and do it again?
Sorry....
We are judged by our works!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , those people were paid for what they did They want credit , have em call ,visa ,Am ex or master charge.
We have documented your type of reasoning , You judged both your parents to both be delusional , you dishonored your uncle's request for a Catholic funeral by casting aspersions on the priest who conducted these services .
You attempted to create an issue where none was warranted.
None of those present raised an objection to the proceedings , only you , in your misguided and distorted mind could find fault with the events that took place ,assuming such was the case.
Moreover , your mental dysfunction goes beyond the limits of irrationality.
You pass judgement on A God that you do not believe exists,
You judge the actions of Moses ,whom you also do not believe existed, and the events written in the OT,which you claim did not occur and judge them to be wrong based on American Law.
It is no wonder you have not succeeded in deconverting any of the unsuspecting victims you prey on.
Stak Rosch is right.
Many of those who deconvert wind up being afflicted by suicidial tendencies and serious mental problems........Yikeeessssssss ss
Whattamessyougotyouselfinto Kingfish
About half of what you just said are lies, and I grow tired of repeating myself.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you evidently don't really know the theme of the Bible... God's Kingdom and it does not carry with it any scare tactics but shows what it will be like to live under his ridership See Revelation 21:3,4
So you claim to know what I know? How arrogant. You have failed to show what I said is incorrect through logic and reason. So you resorted to claiming, I just do not know. Sounds like what a ten year old would say. Grow up.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that addicts should stay on dope and alcoholics should keep on swigging on a bottle because the withdrawals are awful....
Perfect analogy. Some cannot handle the withdrawal of having a false promise of an afterlife, and things of this sort. Their religious teaching did not prepare them for the realities of the world as they actually are.
Now Curious has resorted to calling us, mentally unstable, in order to support his claims.
And surely Sista will not call him a bigot.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , those people were paid for what they did They want credit , have em call ,visa ,Am ex or master charge.
Thank you for proving my claim.
I guess in your immoral world, if payment is made, thanks is unneeded. I bet your waiter spits in your food.
Is your mother paid for cooking your food?
The food story was just an example. I see examples of this all the time.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
BIBLE
The Holy Scriptures, the inspired Word of Jehovah, acknowledged as the greatest book of all times because of its antiquity, its total circulation, the number of languages into which it has been translated, its surpassing greatness as a literary masterpiece, and its overwhelming importance to all mankind. Independent of all other books, it imitates no other. It stands on its own merits, giving credit to its unique Author. The Bible is also distinguished as having survived more violent controversy than any other book, hated as it is by many enemies.
So if the majority approves, it must be true?
I guess when Zeus was the most popular, he was real?
And did you factor in all he holy wars and inquisitions that made for the popularity? The bible was forced upon people for pretty much, the entire history of its existence.

Then your little story tells of a future holy war that will cleanse the world of all other religions. The ultimate solution, if you will.

Your holy book would not be so popular without force and scare tactics. But I see your criteria is, whatever works for popularity.

Now the Koran is popular, and not all that far behind the bible. It did so in about half the time. So if the Koran surpasses popularity, will you convert?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Jim wasn't a Christian, and the Peoples temple had no Christian ties!
Says the guy who does not see the Pope as a Christian. You lost all credibility to judge what a Christian is, long ago.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Repenting is quite a bit more than just asking for forgiveness!
You ever say sorry for coming home late for dinner, and turn around, and do it again?
Sorry....
So if you do not continue to kill your family, you can be good to go?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So if you do not continue to kill your family, you can be good to go?
I would guess it all depends.... Some B'Lever's require playing with beads and constantly repeating little sayings, some require you beat your self with a tree branch while some it doesn't much matter if you haven't had your head dunked in water first...
Curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming more and more irrational. Do you know that?
Have you always been this confused or did you receive a blow to the head recently?
Or....more likely.... are you just a troll posing as a fool?
(These are rhetorical questions. Please don't feel that you need to respond. You won't make any sense anyway.)
Witchetty , let us put things in their proper perspective. The main ingredient needed to qualify as a fool is to be an Atheist,which I am not.
According to one of your Atheist leaders , it is those who deconvert who become afflicted by irrationality and mental confusion , among other maladies.
I do believe that in YOUR mental state of confusion ,you may well be confusing me with many of your fellow Atheists.
Your state of confusion emanates from your allowing your mind to deceive you by believing that an unguided mindless process controlled by a nonintelligent ,nonliving and nonconscious imaginary power is responsible for creating the universe and everything therein.
You claim monkeys as your ancestors and equate humans with cockroaches and other vermin.... I pity the fool , is an appropriate proverb for your condition and those who have been deceived into believing as you do.
Yikes , now that Christmas is over and your talents as a Christmas tree decorator won't be needed for the next 11 months , whatareyagonnado to earn a living.
You may wanna contact one of the many faith based organizations created by believers in order to help the needy. Cest la vie
Don't bother contacting Krak or Q They too busy dropping acid and have no chump change to spare.....
Curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And there in is where you fail the logic part... I don't want you to Believe anything.. I don't give a rats a$$..... You have mistaken me for someone that cares what you believe... I don't... I only reply to you and others as I see fit and ignore when I wish without concern of your or others personal belief systems ....
Those that engage with rational, logical discourse on whatever subject is fun to interact with as I enjoy a good debate or discussion on subjects that interest Me and I learn new things in the process... Those that engage in irrational, illogical brain farts tend to just give me comedic relief.....
Naaah, Much to your chagrin and dismay ,you have mistaken me for one that would not hold you accountable for all the contradictory and irrelevant nonsense you bombard this thread with.
It is impossible to have been raised in Kentucky while at the same time living in Detroit ,as you have claimed.
It is impossible to attend high school in kentucky at age 15 , while claiming to have moved to Detroit at age 12 and living there till age 22.
You claim all this in an effort to impress us with your so called accomplishments.
I do believe those are the behavioural patterns of those suffering from low self esteem and in dire need to draw attention to themselves.
I am thrilled and overjoyed that you don't give a rat's (*) as to whether I believe you or not.
You'd best keep your rat's (*) as I don't believe you.
I leave that chore to gulluble fools like Lodi and Krak ,fools will believe anything that is irrational and incoherent....
Curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for proving my claim.
I guess in your immoral world, if payment is made, thanks is unneeded. I bet your waiter spits in your food.
Is your mother paid for cooking your food?
The food story was just an example. I see examples of this all the time.
You have staked your claim , abundant in Fools Gold ,as I have proven.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Dukett and what is a consecuenses? Rosch does not make plain, he is an atheist leader. Why do you lie so much?
Unable to deal with the issues I posted , you choose to make an issue at my intentional mispelling of your name and the word cunsecuenses. The last refuge of a fool.
Anyhow , Stak Rosch is the coordinator for several Atheist organizations in Philadelphia ,as you well know by now. Obviously ,He is a leader in the Atheist community.
That you and the other Atheists deny his leadership ,due to the fact that he called you out
for not wanting to deal with the problem s of suicide and mental depression afflicting your community,does not invalidate his leadership.
One can well understand your selfish reasons and those of other Atheists for feeling that way.
Once the unsuspecting public is made aware of these maladies , who in their right mind would accept your unfounded opinions that there is no God , that they will not be held accountable for their misdeeds in this life and that they can establish their own moral code based on their selfish interest and desires,where they can then claim they need not be ashamed of anything they have ever done.
pat

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
BIBLE
The Holy Scriptures, the inspired Word of Jehovah, acknowledged as the greatest book of all times because of its antiquity, its total circulation, the number of languages into which it has been translated, its surpassing greatness as a literary masterpiece, and its overwhelming importance to all mankind. Independent of all other books, it imitates no other. It stands on its own merits, giving credit to its unique Author. The Bible is also distinguished as having survived more violent controversy than any other book, hated as it is by many enemies.
...just as valid, allow the introduction of: Eric, The God-Eating Magic Penguin. God can't exist because of Eric, he's The God Eating Magic Penguin! Since Eric is God Eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. So, if God exists, he automatically ceases to exist as a result of being eaten. Unless you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, God doesn't exist. Even if you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, that same proof will also be applicable to God. There are only two possibilities = either you can prove that Eric doesn't exist or you can't...in both cases it logically follows that God doesn't exist.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>About half of what you just said is lies I have gone over already. I am a bit tired of repeating myself to someone who cannot absorb information he does not agree with.
You are still in a state of denial,as one of your Atheist leaders has stated.
You refuse to admit that Suicide and depression afflicts many of those who deconvert and that Atheists refuse to address that issue,much as you have done.
You dismiss the charges made against you by one of your leaders by claiming it is not a problem that these maladies affect the members of your faith.
How calloused the members of your faith are?
pat

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

...what does an atheist leader teach? Nature?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still in a state of denial,as one of your Atheist leaders has stated.
You refuse to admit that Suicide and depression afflicts many of those who deconvert and that Atheists refuse to address that issue,much as you have done.
You dismiss the charges made against you by one of your leaders by claiming it is not a problem that these maladies affect the members of your faith.
How calloused the members of your faith are?
Not as calloused as a faith that favours slavery, genocide and killing homosexuals.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that addicts should stay on dope and alcoholics should keep on swigging on a bottle because the withdrawals are awful....
Your unscrupulous and deceitful attempt to mislead the unsuspecting victims you prey on will not go unchallenged.
Obviously , when you attempt to deconvert one of your victims , you do so by voicing your unfounded opinions and beliefs as if your opinions and beliefs were based on some truth that you have personally experienced or that you are aware of.
Moreover ,what these poor souls are told is that their deconversion will lead them to some sort of freedom and a happier life.
What you neglect to inform them is that their decision may well lead to suicide , suicidial tendencies , deep depression and other unwanted maladies that will impact their wellbeing and that of their families.
Not only are these poor souls intentionally misinformed ,but, when they have to confront these terrible maladies , Atheists are unable to provide them with any assistance and they are left hung out to dry.
If they want help , they have to turn to those whom they abandoned , their friends and families.
On the other hand,when someone converts , they are filled with joy,not suicidial tendencies and depression.
They also are provided support for further growth in their new found faith by caring believers.....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty , let us put things in their proper perspective. The main ingredient needed to qualify as a foolis to be an Atheist,which I am not.
fool
I wonder if their could be a statement that was more bigoted than this. And of course Sista will not comment on his teams bigotry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 6 min KY for Allison 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min TEAM LABORER 1,082
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Reality 151,030
Tommy golden 1 hr one who knows 29
Travis slushpup 5 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 6 hr yourmommm 1,048
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 8 hr yep 15
•••
•••
•••