Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151887 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119927 Dec 29, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh*
We have Yaa, Sista, curious and now sevent......
Where can we turn them in and get a better class of debating Christian?
Witchetty , You Atheists are not looking for Christians to debate with , you're looking for unsuspecting victims that you can mislead into deconverting by using the tactic of "omission of pertinent facts".
As an example , Krak keeps making allegations , based on incomplete information , as you well know.
I have asked him to provide the in formation that I know he is intentionally omitting , so that we can debate the issue based on all the facts.
He has danced around the issue ,avoided it and continuously throws up smokescreens , but, knowing that by providing said information he would be left crutchless , he has refused to do so.
Recently I posted an article written by Stak Rosch , an Atheist sctivist and leader in the Atheist community in Philadelphia , where he accused Atheists of ignoring the problem of suicide and depression that afflicts those who deconvert.
Instead of addressing the issue , you Atheists complained that you did not know him , that he could not be found by googling his name and a number of other EXCUSES, anything to avoid dealing with his charges.
One of the charges made by Mr. Rosch is that Atheists do not want to admit that this problem exists ,that charge was confirmed by the fact that the Atheists on this thread went to such great lengths to avoid the issue.
One of your more inane posters , Krak , claimed I had attempted to mislead everyone because I had misspelled Mr. Rosch's name , Staak instead of Stak. That is cacafuego.
Previous to that , we had a discussion on the origins of life ,intelligence and consciousness.
I stated my beliefs on that subject , as you well know.
And I challenged anyone who held a different viable alternative to present it.
Never happened ,all I heard were excuses to the effect that I could not prove that which I believed..That is another excuse in order not to deal with the issue in question.
I never stated that I knew , I stated that I believed and gave my reasons for my belief.
The Atheists on this thread dared not give their views of a plausible explanation for fear that it would be debunked.
To this day , they have failed to provide a viable alternative ,nor will they , and that includes you.
It appears that Lodi could not stand the heat anymore as he has disappeared.
On a humorous note , I enquired of Q how it was possible that he could claim to have been raised in the mountains of kentucky ,where he claimed he attended high school and at the age of 15 , he claims to have captured 215 copperheads during 1 weekend and also claim that his family moved to Detroit when he was 12 and lived there till age 22.
Now , he claimed that the snake incident occured when he was 10.
Contradictions abound.
Attempts to quote the bible out of context may work on poor unsuspecting victims, it will not work here.
Moreover , that your tactics of intentionally misleading with the intention to deceive have totally failed.
Most of you have been posting on this thred since it's inception .
You all have managed to deconvert not one single person , leastways , not that I know off.
Certainly Duquette hasn't, and if he has , by his own admission , he is not aware of whom that might be.
What Duquette and Q will admit that they have accomplished is in declaring their parents to be delusional.
With friends like that , who needs enemies?
BTW , you'd better give up your job of decorating Christmas trees as that may give them cause to also judge you as being delusional
Ay carramba , la bruja sin trabajo Siiigh

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#119929 Dec 29, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty , You Atheists are not looking for Christians to debate with , <blah, blah, blah>
You aren't worth wasting keystrokes on.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#119930 Dec 29, 2013
According to the bible, Moses was MIA for 40 days in which time the 10 commandments were made. Now either Moses couldn't navigate worth a tinker's damn, or it took god longer to write the ten commandments than it did for him to create the whole world and everything in it.

Interesting!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#119931 Dec 29, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 6 Books in the Catholic Bible that are not in the KJV, Macabees, Wisdom and the names of the others I do not recall off the top of my head.
The Bible was originally transcribed from Hebrew and Aramaic and Greek NT the KJV was translated into English from the original text. The Latin was not used for the KJV due to the influence of the Roman Catholic Church. Actually the Bible was transmitted orally by scholars and teachers for a long period of time prior to the invention of draftable paper and the printing press.
So now that you seem to know that why do you say that the version you use is the inspired word of God and you have to stick to that scripture... Since for example there is no word in Greek for Angel and the words for Life and Death in Aramaic are the same words... And in Hebrew the Actual wording is "Ye shall not Murder" ... So just from those couple of examples and there are many more where Every inspired word of God is actually assorted men writing and interpreting and in some cases just leaving out whole books... Are do you call for adding all the un canonized books to be include and all in their original languages...
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119932 Dec 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
See... A Cult is a Cult is a Cult is a Cult.....
All Cultist think their Cult is not a Cult....
Are Jehovah’s Witnesses a sect or a cult?
Some define sect to mean a group that has broken away from an established religion. Others apply the term to a group that follows a particular human leader or teacher. The term is usually used in a derogatory way. Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an offshoot of some church but include persons from all walks of life and from many religious backgrounds. They do not look to any human, but rather to Jesus Christ, as their leader.
A cult is a religion that is said to be unorthodox or that emphasizes devotion according to prescribed ritual. Many cults follow a living human leader, and often their adherents live in groups apart from the rest of society. The standard for what is orthodox, however, should be God’s Word, and Jehovah’s Witnesses strictly adhere to the Bible. Their worship is a way of life, not a ritual devotion. They neither follow a human nor isolate themselves from the rest of society. They live and work in the midst of other people.
One Two Three

Toledo, OH

#119933 Dec 29, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty , You Atheists are not looking for Christians to debate with , you're looking for unsuspecting victims that you can mislead into deconverting by using the tactic of "omission of pertinent facts".
As an example , Krak keeps making allegations , based on incomplete information , as you well know.
I have asked him to provide the in formation that I know he is intentionally omitting , so that we can debate the issue based on all the facts.
He has danced around the issue ,avoided it and continuously throws up smokescreens , but, knowing that by providing said information he would be left crutchless , he has refused to do so.
Recently I posted an article written by Stak Rosch , an Atheist sctivist and leader in the Atheist community in Philadelphia , where he accused Atheists of ignoring the problem of suicide and depression that afflicts those who deconvert.
Instead of addressing the issue , you Atheists complained that you did not know him , that he could not be found by googling his name and a number of other EXCUSES, anything to avoid dealing with his charges.
One of the charges made by Mr. Rosch is that Atheists do not want to admit that this problem exists ,that charge was confirmed by the fact that the Atheists on this thread went to such great lengths to avoid the issue.
One of your more inane posters , Krak , claimed I had attempted to mislead everyone because I had misspelled Mr. Rosch's name , Staak instead of Stak. That is cacafuego.
Previous to that , we had a discussion on the origins of life ,intelligence and consciousness.
I stated my beliefs on that subject , as you well know.
And I challenged anyone who held a different viable alternative to present it.
Never happened ,all I heard were excuses to the effect that I could not prove that which I believed..That is another excuse in order not to deal with the issue in question.
I never stated that I knew , I stated that I believed and gave my reasons for my belief.
The Atheists on this thread dared not give their views of a plausible explanation for fear that it would be debunked.
To this day , they have failed to provide a viable alternative ,nor will they , and that includes you.
It appears that Lodi could not stand the heat anymore as he has disappeared.
On a humorous note , I enquired of Q how it was possible that he could claim to have been raised in the mountains of kentucky ,where he claimed he attended high school and at the age of 15 , he claims to have captured 215 copperheads during 1 weekend and also claim that his family moved to Detroit when he was 12 and lived there till age 22.
Now , he claimed that the snake incident occured when he was 10.
Contradictions abound.
Attempts to quote the bible out of context may work on poor unsuspecting victims, it will not work here.
Moreover , that your tactics of intentionally misleading with the intention to deceive have totally failed.
Most of you have been posting on this thred since it's inception .
You all have managed to deconvert not one single person , leastways , not that I know off.
Certainly Duquette hasn't, and if he has , by his own admission , he is not aware of whom that might be.
What Duquette and Q will admit that they have accomplished is in declaring their parents to be delusional.
With friends like that , who needs enemies?
BTW , you'd better give up your job of decorating Christmas trees as that may give them cause to also judge you as being delusional
Ay carramba , la bruja sin trabajo Siiigh
Dead on! It's like they argue with themselves more than anything, and you're correct about Q, it's like he reinvents himself every few months, been doing it for years.

London, KY

#119934 Dec 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Some define sect to mean a group that has broken away from an established religion. Others apply the term to a group that follows a particular human leader or teacher. The term is usually used in a derogatory way. Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an offshoot of some church but include persons from all walks of life and from many religious backgrounds. They do not look to any human, but rather to Jesus Christ, as their leader.
A cult is a religion that is said to be unorthodox or that emphasizes devotion according to prescribed ritual. Many cults follow a living human leader, and often their adherents live in groups apart from the rest of society. The standard for what is orthodox, however, should be God’s Word, and Jehovah’s Witnesses strictly adhere to the Bible. Their worship is a way of life, not a ritual devotion. They neither follow a human nor isolate themselves from the rest of society. They live and work in the midst of other people.
A Cult... All Religions and sects that show veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object is a Cult...

London, KY

#119935 Dec 29, 2013
One Two Three wrote:
<quoted text>Dead on! It's like they argue with themselves more than anything, and you're correct about Q, it's like he reinvents himself every few months, been doing it for years.
Nah... Just because you guys need a few classes on reading comprehension its not my problem...

London, KY

#119936 Dec 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
In this you just make stuff up to show that your cult is not a cult... There is no requirement for orthodoxy or un-orthodoxy... and there in no specification for following a living human leader... There is no requirement in the definition for ritual even though almost every orthodox religion has assorted rituals... From the drinking ritual wines and crackers to dunking heads in water to communal prayers and sticking your hands together during such... Those are Rituals just as much as walking around a May Pole or slicing the neck of a sheep...

A cult is a cult is a cult and every Cultist makes excuses and rationals so they can say their cult is not a cult....

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#119937 Dec 29, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I have lots of Jewish friends and they are very stiff necked about Jesus.
Is this how it's going to be with you?

Running away from questions I ask and failing to refute my posts?

Cambridge, UK

#119938 Dec 29, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
OK whatever you say there Pal I think you have lost your mind.
My advice to you is reach over to your left and hit the "nurse call' button. When the nurse gets there ask her to loosen the straps and up your psycho medication right away. Also you may want to ask her to give you a bath and change your bedsheets.
Nice refutation - you certainly defeated my argument.

I'll know better than to try and discuss matters with you again.

Cambridge, UK

#119939 Dec 29, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that you received your limited education by attending Ignorant U.
As is customary , you choose deception and intentional misleading as your MO.
You have read , where it is clearly stated , It is not God's desire that any be lost,
and when asked by his disciples , Lord , whom then can be saved? and Jesus replied
What is impossible to man is possible to God.
I am sure you have read it , but , in keeping with your deceitful tactics in order to prey on unsuspecting victims in order to deconvert them , that is information that you will and have intentionally omitted in order to promote your faith.
Faith by deceit is a dishonorable goal of which you seem very proud.....
Better have it out with Seven T - he's the one who says we're all going to burn in Hell.

Let's see now:

You're saying we have an omnipotent cosmic mega-being who wants us to be saved from jealousy, rage and sadism.

It seems that what your god doesn't get what he wants.

Question: What kind of supreme being is not able to get what he wants?

Answer: One that doesn't exist.

Cambridge, UK

#119940 Dec 29, 2013
Reporter - "Now here's the view from the box canyon of magic, superstition and mumbo jumbo that is curious' faith".........
Curious wrote:
Yes , Science , with their inability to explain the origins of life,intelligence and consciousness has backed us into a corner , now we are even more convinced than ever as to who our Creator is.
No, we don't believe that monkeys are part of our family tree , No , we are not on the same footing as cockroaches and other vermin, although cockroaches and vermin will readily accept that opinion.

Cambridge, UK

#119941 Dec 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of Canaan on through to the invasion of Jordon?
(although many might debate you on the reason)
Uh-Oh

Better not debate because that means you're not a true Christian.

Cambridge, UK

#119942 Dec 29, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who repent and accept Jesus Christ as savior will be able to stand behind the blood of Christ at their judgement day and they will be saved and enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Uh-Oh - Part Two:

Here we go with that blood fixation again.

When is the penny going to drop with you guys?

Death, martyrdom, suffering, pain, loss, blood, these are not concepts with which any brand would want to be identified. If that's the core of your message, no wonder you've got a problem.

Cambridge, UK

#119943 Dec 29, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16
Yes, please tell me about your god's perfect love.

Tell me how perfect love involves creating a gigantic torture chamber and stocking it with demons.

Tell me more about how perfect love involves taking people against their will and forcing them to be tortured for all eternity.

Cambridge, UK

#119944 Dec 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Dear "SistaNoneYa", SevenT, Kharu ,Curious and Yes and amen Did you learn anything that "Kown Fact" posted?
I learned that the Bible is full of contradictions.

Cambridge, UK

#119945 Dec 29, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 12:3
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Yesterday I asked...
Khatru wrote:
What brand of Christian are you then?
Your answer was....
SevenT wrote:
New Testament
So I quote a scripture from the NT (from Romans) that clearly states how those in authority are appointed by God.
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment."
Romans 13:1-2

They probably thought that Hitler was appointed by their god.
Your response was to completely disregard the New Testament and insert your own assumption...
SevenT wrote:
You don't know that, my guess is he made a deal with the Devil
I said...
Khatru wrote:
I don't believe in the what the New Testament says but you do,

Romans 13:2 says...
"Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment."

Hitler was the "authorities" - nothing there about deals with the Devil.

I'm sorry but it sounds like you're making that bit up.
Having said that you are a New Testament Christian you choose to abandon the NT and respond to my NT scripture with some inane babble from the Old Testament.

What's up?

Can't find your answer in the New Testament?

I guess you're not as much a New Testament Christian as you claim to be.

Cambridge, UK

#119946 Dec 29, 2013
Wow!

Nine posts in a row.

Given that we're talking about mythological figures like God, Moses, Jesus, etc.

I'll bring in another one and say that nine consecutive posts is positively Herculean in effort.

Yes, Hercules.

He's about as real as Jesus is

Cambridge, UK

#119947 Dec 29, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't matter now does it. Prior to Christ Man invented all sorts of gods. Go ahead and choose what you want to follow. But I always remind unbelievers please remember one thing we can not both be Right. We can both be Wrong but we can not both be Right.
Yup

There are many different belief systems out there all claiming to be the one, true, religion.

They can't all be right but they sure as hell can all be wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox county voters support TRUMP ! (Jan '16) 36 min Wilchec 19
Trump campaign 3 hr Really 10
outlaws 4 hr eighty one 18
Who do I make complaint to about ER registratio... 5 hr tracker 10
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 5 hr smh 49
Daniel Boone entertainment 6 hr woooooo 4
Higher Property Taxes 6 hr What a mess 22

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance