Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,396

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#119662 Dec 27, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Pat of London, KY
More about Christmas.
First it is absolutely not Jesus' birthday. He was born nowhere near December 25th.That was the first lie and the worst one. I copied this from our "Reasoning" book Illustration: Suppose a crowd come to a gentleman’s home saying they are there to celebrate his birthday. He does not favor the celebration of birthdays. He does not like to see people overeat or get drunk or engage in loose conduct. But some of them do all those things, and they bring presents for everyone there except him! On top of all that, they pick the birthday of one of the man’s enemies as the date for the celebration. How would the man feel? Would you want to be a party to it? This is exactly what is being done by Christmas celebrations.( Page 179 of the book "Reasoning From the Scriptures" publisher by Jehovah's Witnesses.)
It is believed this date,December 25th. Was actually the the birthday of Nimrod (Noah's great grandson) who set himself up in opposition of Jehovah and he was the founder of Babylon and the builder of the tower of Babylon. If that is the case you can imagine what an insult that would be to Jesus. Evidently neither Jehovah or Jesus want Jesus' birth day celebrated or they would have been sure to state the exact day in the Bible so there would be no confusion as to when he was born.(The date of his last supper is recorded in the Bible)
Another reason is the Santa Claus lie he takes God's place at Christmas time. Think about it; who really sees everything we do but who is supposed to see "if we have been good or bad" at Christmas time? The Santa Claus story is a lie.That is so offensive when one learns the truth .My Dad worked in the Coal Mines for a living. He had serious health problems,Asthma,heart problems,emphysema and rock dust and black lung. He had a heart attack and died at the young age of 40. When I think of how he had to work under those conditions to support his family and when Christmas came I would get gifts signed from Santa Claus. So this imaginary person that did not exist got the credit for the gifts that my Dad worked so hard to provide for us...it makes me so mad yet to know I had been lied to and my Dad did not get as much as aThank You for all the hard work he had to do to be able to get us something for Christmas and this phony person got all of the credit. That is enough to make me not want to celebration Christmas although there are many more reasons.
Thanks for your post. At least some will find out Jehovah' Witnesses are not the only ones who know the truth about all of the falsehood associated with Christmas
It is sad that people work so hard building a good society and life for their family, then someone else gets thanked for it all. I am pointing to the constant thanks Christians give Jesus for things he had nothing to do with.
People even thank him for the food they eat, yet all the hard workers who actually grew, harvested, transported, and did all the real things to get that food to you, get no appreciation. Not to mention, the real fathers that work so hard to pay for that food. They so often get the short end of the stick and Jesus gets all the glory.
Heck, Jesus gets the majority share of the glory when presents and food are presented. The hard working fathers are stuck behind Jesus and Santa for the credit.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#119663 Dec 27, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of leader only gets seven results when you do a search on Google?
Admit that you're lying and then I'll consider the rest of your one-sided rant.
The kind of leader that only gets 7 results when you google him is the leader that you intentionally attempt to deny with your lies and evasive tactics.
The truths that he has made public about your baseless ignominious faith is more than you can handle and are still attempting to deny.
I posted all the evidence necessary to destroy your cunning ,deceptive and misleading MO.
And Yes , He is a Leader in spite of your futile denials
Your insidious and treacherous search for that which is not true has been brought out in the open , The evidence clearly points that out , but , those that are bound and determined to continue their lying ways will not relent ,as they sink deeper and deeper into the quagmire they have dug for themselves.
One of your Atheist friends may well attempt tp throw you a lifeline ,but,to no avail,you are sinking faster than an overweight rock that is thrown into a bottomless hole.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119664 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow..what a coincidence...I personally did that same "lesson" of common sense, with a group of fifth grade girls once, bless their hearts, so they could see how damaging wagging tongues of ignorance can be. There was No denying the TRUTH for them once we completed it.
Only difference being- I actually DID it--no pretending, no made up lies-just actual the REAL reality of having been there and done it-- with one sentence, written on a piece paper, so not only could they HEAR how WRONG the statement was by the time it was WRONGLY repeated at the "end of the line" had been, but they could also SEE it as well.
And they did, because even fifth graders have capabilities to think and process for themselves, independently!!!!!!!!!!
And yet billions of people still thing the oral stories of the bible were put to paper and bound in one book in a perfect, flawless manner.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119665 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
If it helps them, and it's NOT harming them or ANYONE else, why should you or I or anyone else, have an issue with it?
You're not a control freak are you?
(Of course if it harms OTHERS, that's different).
I guess the bubble you live in cannot comprehend the fact, many of us see these people as less than harmless to society.

Most of the Christians here are on a mission to put the known sciences of the day out of the public classroom. HARMFUL!!!

And just why are you demanding we stop talking about it? Control freak.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119666 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, they're cheerful to look at.
Just not *quite* as cheerful as enjoying a nice nativity scene :-).
I enjoy looking at them also. I just find it so curious the people do it with no understanding of the tradition.

And if someone wants to put up a nativity scene, fine, just don't try and shove it in my face, or put it on the land I pay for. Yet this is exactly what so many keep doing. And they wonder why I keep bitching about their god. They make it my business.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#119667 Dec 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
People don't Believe that something does not exist.. I don't Believe that Flying Unicorns don't exist... That's a double negative... It's a irrational concept even if someone attempts to use it .... You can Believe that Santa Clause exists but you can't believe he does not exist... You can Think he does not exist but it's up to he who Believes he does exist to provide evidence since it's impossible to provide evidence of that which does not exist...
You are attempting to play mind games in an effort not to have to defend your beliefs.
But ,that was not the issue that was addressed in what I posted,which ,you threw up a smokescreen , in order to avoid . Nice try .....Failed

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119668 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I am FAR more civilized than that animalisTic crap, nasty, Fox news hating bigot.
Moses probably thought he was civilized also as he slaughtered three thousand men women and children for worshiping a god he disagreed with.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119669 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Duquette, sorry for you if the TRUTH irks you...but it's not my fault people thoughtlessly "think " there's some sort of majik sleigh that delivers all those *things* two days before Christmas.
"Grown-up" logical, thinking people really should know better than that.
Is that what you were going ballistic about?
First, I was not talking about one post, I was talking about every post you write.
You go far beyond just trying to sort out truths. You write paragraph long insults. It only distracts from any truth you may have within.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#119670 Dec 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is sad that people work so hard building a good society and life for their family, then someone else gets thanked for it all. I am pointing to the constant thanks Christians give Jesus for things he had nothing to do with.
People even thank him for the food they eat, yet all the hard workers who actually grew, harvested, transported, and did all the real things to get that food to you, get no appreciation. Not to mention, the real fathers that work so hard to pay for that food. They so often get the short end of the stick and Jesus gets all the glory.
Heck, Jesus gets the majority share of the glory when presents and food are presented. The hard working fathers are stuck behind Jesus and Santa for the credit.
Foolish one ,Again your blindness will not permit the truth to enter your deceived mind
Genesis 1:29-31
New International Version (NIV)
29 Then God said,“I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119671 Dec 27, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you expect those who may sincerely try to apply certain standard of ethics to their own lives, to stand there and take Abuse, from those who don't?
Abuse of others is never a good thing Duquette-nor is it any sort of acceptable excuse-"atheist" or otherwise.
Why don't you ask that Jesus fellow? It is his rule, not mine. I am simply pointing out who is following the rule of Jesus and who is not. I point to most all of the Jesus supporters here as not following that rule.
Personally, I see massive flaws in the rule. It is reason enough to determine Jesus does not have a perfect philosophy. Absolute rules as such are rarely, if ever good philosophy.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#119672 Dec 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is sad that people work so hard building a good society and life for their family, then someone else gets thanked for it all. I am pointing to the constant thanks Christians give Jesus for things he had nothing to do with.
I agree with you except you left out all the hard work women do to prepare the food for us to eat. But I have to disagree with you due to the fact Jehovah gets the credit because he created all things and Jesus was his master worker. I agree when we give thanks we should include those you referred to who are responsible for getting the food to us.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#119673 Dec 27, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The kind of leader that only gets 7 results when you google him is the leader that you intentionally attempt to deny with your lies and evasive tactics.
The truths that he has made public about your baseless ignominious faith is more than you can handle and are still attempting to deny.
I posted all the evidence necessary to destroy your cunning ,deceptive and misleading MO.
And Yes , He is a Leader in spite of your futile denials
Your insidious and treacherous search for that which is not true has been brought out in the open , The evidence clearly points that out , but , those that are bound and determined to continue their lying ways will not relent ,as they sink deeper and deeper into the quagmire they have dug for themselves.
One of your Atheist friends may well attempt tp throw you a lifeline ,but,to no avail,you are sinking faster than an overweight rock that is thrown into a bottomless hole.
So we can conclude that Jim & Tammy Baker are Christian Leaders since they get even more than 7 hits? And Jim Jones gets pages of hits so he Must be a major Christian Leader right?

#119674 Dec 27, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are attempting to play mind games in an effort not to have to defend your beliefs.
But ,that was not the issue that was addressed in what I posted,which ,you threw up a smokescreen , in order to avoid . Nice try .....Failed
I don't have any beliefs to defend... What chu talkin bout Willis?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#119676 Dec 27, 2013
Jesus said at Matthew 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
This preaching work gives ever one an opportunity to decide if they want God's Kingdom to rule the earth or not. Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to come and for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.-Matthew 6:9,10
God's kingdom will rule the earth whether you want it or not.-Daniel 2:44
What will happen to the opposers who do not want it?
Dead bodies of the WICKED Jeremiah 25:31-38
“‘A noise will certainly come clear to the farthest part of the earth, for there is a controversy that Jehovah has with the nations. He must personally put himself in judgment with all flesh. As regards the WICKED ones, he must give them to the sword,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.;“This is what Jehovah of armies has said,‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth;And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
Howl, YOU shepherds, and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel! And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock. Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage. And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah. He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger.”
Some may call this scare tactics but it is something that must be done to make the earth a peaceful to live. Psalms 37:10,11 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.
11&#8239;But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
What is required? Jehovah's Witnesses are eager to help you learn the requirements. One is to "Turn away from what is bad and do what is good, and so reside forever.
28&#8239;For Jehovah is a lover of justice,
And he will not leave his loyal ones.
To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded;
But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off.
29&#8239;The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.- Psalms 37: 27-29
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#119677 Dec 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So we can conclude that Jim & Tammy Baker are Christian Leaders since they get even more than 7 hits? And Jim Jones gets pages of hits so he Must be a major Christian Leader right?
You and Krak can believe what you want and continue avoiding the issue.
Stak Rosch is an Atheist leader in Philadelphia ,as he makes very plain .
He is the one who brings the problem within the Atheist community , that being,Suicide and depression.
It is he who states the reasons for that condition that afflicts those who have deconverted.
It is he who makes the claim that Atheists do not want to admit said conditions exist.
One needs ask the question , Why are Atheists so bound and determined not to address those very serious conditions that afflict their members?
Is it an attempt to hide the consecuences that afflict those who deconvert ,which if made public , would cause great damage to Atheists efforts to add more members to their faith?
Certainly , unsuspecting victims should be made aware of the threats to their health and wellbeing caused by deconversion.
Dukett does not view this as a problem and feels Atheists should not be held responsible for their unconscionable actions,, I disagree....
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#119678 Dec 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any beliefs to defend... What chu talkin bout Willis?
That is made quite obvious by all the nonsense you bombard us with.
You claimed Being raised in the mountains of Kentucky learning how to live off the land can be validated easily.
You claimed having captured 215 snakes when 15 years old while attending high school in kentucky.
Now you claim that you accomplished this at age 10 and moved to Detroit at age 12.
Which of these versions are we to believe ,or should neither be believed, as you may see fit to change them at your conveneince,after all , you have no beliefs to defend.
Heavens to magatroy meathead , you are a dingbat.......

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119679 Dec 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
The good God Fearing Christian folk thank Jesus for their meal and then over dessert they blame the Godless atheist liberal givverment scum if a homeless family eats at all.

#119680 Dec 27, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Krak can believe what you want and continue avoiding the issue.
Stak Rosch is an Atheist leader in Philadelphia ,as he makes very plain .
He is the one who brings the problem within the Atheist community , that being,Suicide and depression.
It is he who states the reasons for that condition that afflicts those who have deconverted.
It is he who makes the claim that Atheists do not want to admit said conditions exist.
One needs ask the question , Why are Atheists so bound and determined not to address those very serious conditions that afflict their members?
Is it an attempt to hide the consecuences that afflict those who deconvert ,which if made public , would cause great damage to Atheists efforts to add more members to their faith?
Certainly , unsuspecting victims should be made aware of the threats to their health and wellbeing caused by deconversion.
Dukett does not view this as a problem and feels Atheists should not be held responsible for their unconscionable actions,, I disagree....
So again by your view Jim Jones is a leader of you Christians... And those that remain B'Levers need to be warned to watch what they drink at the next church social since your leader kinda screwed up the recipe for koolaid....

I guess since I have never heard of my atheist leader you mentioned and you have absolutely heard of your christian leader I mentioned you are the one that needs to rethink your positions...

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#119681 Dec 27, 2013
Curious wrote:
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
According to your quote, a naked Adam and Eve were considered "good".

So why was being naked suddenly wrong when they ate from the tree that your god carelessly left in the garden?
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#119682 Dec 27, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you ask that Jesus fellow? It is his rule, not mine. I am simply pointing out who is following the rule of Jesus and who is not. I point to most all of the Jesus supporters here as not following that rule.
Personally, I see massive flaws in the rule. It is reason enough to determine Jesus does not have a perfect philosophy. Absolute rules as such are rarely, if ever good philosophy.
Dukett , You have self proclaimed yourself as one able to judge what is and isn't good philosophy. As a result you espouse the benefits of Atheism.
Those benefits have been found to be detrimental to the wellbeing and health to those who deconvert.

Seems that many who deconvert will become afflicted by depression ,suicidial tendencies and other unmentioned maladies.
One of Atheism's leaders has made an effort to bring this problem to the forefrond and Atheists refuse to admit that said problems exist , that , in spite of the evidence that points to the existence of said problems.
You claim that Atheists should not be held responsible for their actions ,because they deny this problems exist.
Denial is not proof of innocence , denial is an attempt to hide the results of evidence that points otherwise.......
Your philosophy is based on denial of the facts , which you are unable to refute and your only defense is to arbitrarily deny. that philosophy can only be described as immoral and unconscionable by even the lowest of standards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who will you vote for as jailer 10 min Truth 34
Knox County Jail 15 min Truth 1
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 30 min Princess Hey 305
who will you vote for as senator 32 min Bree_Z 3
Family Court Judge 47 min really 50
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 53 min Bree_Z 3,572
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 1 hr Scuzzies 8
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs