Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 157892 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119893 Dec 29, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
Let's stay in World War II mode for a minute.
Remember Anne Frank? I'm sure you do - she wrote a famous diary.
The innocence and hope in her diary is an inspiration and despite all that she went through. She wrote lines like this:
"In spite of everything I still believe that people are truly good at heart"
"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before beginning to improve the world."
She died at the age of fifteen in a death camp ran by a nation that was populated by an overwhelming christian majority.
What was her crime?
Like millions of believers the world over, she was born into and adopted the faith of her parents and culture and for that she had to die and that's that.
Well, actually, no, that's not that.
Why?
Because under your belief system, Anne Frank is now in hell alongside Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc.
Anne never accepted Jesus and (according to your beliefs) for that she must be tortured for all eternity.
What kind of monster does this?
Not one who loves us, that's for sure.
It is obvious that you received your limited education by attending Ignorant U.
As is customary , you choose deception and intentional misleading as your MO.
You have read , where it is clearly stated , It is not God's desire that any be lost,
and when asked by his disciples , Lord , whom then can be saved? and Jesus replied
What is impossible to man is possible to God.
I am sure you have read it , but , in keeping with your deceitful tactics in order to prey on unsuspecting victims in order to deconvert them , that is information that you will and have intentionally omitted in order to promote your faith.
Faith by deceit is a dishonorable goal of which you seem very proud.....
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119894 Dec 29, 2013
One Solitary Life

He was born in an obscure village
The child of a peasant woman
He grew up in another obscure village
Where he worked in a carpenter shop
Until he was thirty

He never wrote a book
He never held an office
He never went to college
He never visited a big city
He never travelled more than two hundred miles
From the place where he was born
He did none of the things
Usually associated with greatness
He had no credentials but himself

He was only thirty three

His friends ran away
One of them denied him
He was turned over to his enemies
And went through the mockery of a trial
He was nailed to a cross between two thieves
While dying, his executioners gambled for his clothing
The only property he had on earth

When he was dead
He was laid in a borrowed grave
Through the pity of a friend

Nineteen centuries have come and gone
And today Jesus is the central figure of the human race
And the leader of mankind's progress
All the armies that have ever marched
All the navies that have ever sailed
All the parliaments that have ever sat
All the kings that ever reigned put together
Have not affected the life of mankind on earth
As powerfully as that one solitary life
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119895 Dec 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You state them and break them daily here. I do have an idea, despite your denial.
You only believe you do...which isn't very credible, given the source.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119896 Dec 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not doubt that for a second. It coincides with your massive denial.
Actually duhmmy, it is the blessing of a good conscience.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#119897 Dec 29, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's a fact.
But could you please answer the question....
*sigh*
We have Yaa, Sista, curious and now sevent......
Where can we turn them in and get a better class of debating Christian?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119898 Dec 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did I charge schools with being intolerant? Nope. Now try debating what I actually said, instead of the question you wished you were asked.
But I am sure you and I do not agree what is "real" science, as most fundamentalist extremists do not agree with most of the science of the day.
What you were whining about, was your delusion that schools dismiss Science from their curriculi.
While it's not worth the effort of scanning back though to show you what you said-
I will reiterate, I have never witnessed a school that had "no science". Ever.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119899 Dec 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you refuse to let that ever be shown. Kind of like how Christians insist the love their enemies and then treat them like shit. It is a meaningless slogan. Kind of like, Change we can believe in. It is all political bullshit. I am simply trying to put this to light, and you are constantly trying to stifle said information.
"It is all political bullshit. "
Agreed-History is FULL of that too!
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119900 Dec 29, 2013
Yes it is true angels did cross bred with human females and produced the nephlim or giants but they were all destroyed in the flood. So there was no DNA from them to be passed on since only Noah his wife his three sons and their wives were the only survivors of the global flood.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119901 Dec 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Can you show a post that I did this?
Strange, you see it as being on par, yet you did not scold Curious one bit for doing so. Double standards.
I stated my opinion.

I'll leave the oh so lame skewl smarminess to you.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119902 Dec 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> Is it on par with that time Jesus said all who say their is no god are fools?
I keep pointing to how intolerant the bible is, yet your standards refuse to admit it is a problem, and possibly harmful.
Have you ever read it from a "military" type of perspective?

Or does the concept of "different perspectives" elude you?
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119903 Dec 29, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh*
We have Yaa, Sista, curious and now sevent......
Where can we turn them in and get a better class of debating Christian?
True Christians don't debate.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119904 Dec 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So the bible is to confusing even for some of the most brilliant minds, yet you feel a god is responsible for it?
Seems a god would make his book intelligible to all humans.
And just how can you know all the claims of the bible are accurate? Seems a pretty lofty claim. Do you have evidence of all the claims of the bible? If not, then how can you know?
Here is a small quiz. When did Moses have three thousand men women and children slaughtered for worshipping their god?
And please supply evidence of it actually happening? Or at least explain how you know it is accurate?
Out of Canaan on through to the invasion of Jordon?

(although many might debate you on the reason)
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119905 Dec 29, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not get into heaven without Christ
QUESTION: Who go to heaven and why?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119906 Dec 29, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are afraid of learning, study and knowledge.
Do you like to keep people in the dark?
What other books do you favor banning?
lol
I think some actually believe they have it "all figured out" with no need for continued learning.

Thank goodness the BIGGER picture really IS, that we live in a NON-communistic nation, rather than one of dark age censorship!!
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119907 Dec 29, 2013
Who Go to Heaven, and Why?
MANY PERSONS say,‘All good people go to heaven.’ However, when asked why they go to heaven, they may say:‘It is to be with God,’ or,‘It is the reward for being good.’ What does the Bible teach about this?
2 The Bible makes clear that Jesus was raised from the dead and that he went to heaven. Also, it says that other humans would be taken there. On the night before his death, Jesus told his faithful apostles:“In the house of my Father there are many abodes. Otherwise, I would have told you, because I am going my way to prepare a place for you. Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I am coming again and will receive you home to myself, that where I am you also may be.”—John 14:1-3.
3 Clearly, Jesus was telling his apostles that they would be taken to heaven to be with him. The apostle Paul often told early Christians about that wonderful hope. For example, he wrote:“As for us, our citizenship exists in the heavens, from which place also we are eagerly waiting for a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.”(Philippians 3:20, 21; Romans 6:5; 2 Corinthians 5:1, 2) Based on such promises, millions of persons have set their hearts on heavenly life. Yet will all good persons go to heaven?
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119908 Dec 29, 2013
DO ALL GOOD PERSONS GO TO HEAVEN?
4 Shortly after Jesus was raised from the dead, the apostle Peter told a crowd of Jews:“The family head David . . . both deceased and was buried and his tomb is among us to this day. Actually David did not ascend to the heavens.”(Acts 2:29, 34) So the good man David did not go to heaven. What about the righteous man Job?
5 While suffering, Job prayed to God:“O that in Sheol [the grave] you would conceal me, that you would keep me secret until your anger turns back, that you would set a time limit for me and remember me!” Job expected that when he died he would become unconscious in the grave. He knew he would not go to heaven. But he had hope, as he explained:“If an able-bodied man dies can he live again? All the days of my compulsory service [appointed time in the grave] I shall wait, until my relief comes. You will call, and I myself shall answer you.”—Job 14:13-15.
6 John, who baptized Jesus, was also a good man. Yet Jesus said:“A person that is a lesser one in the kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is.”(Matthew 11:11) This is so because John the Baptizer will not go to heaven. When Jesus was on earth, which was over 4,000 years after the rebellion of Adam and Eve, he said:“No man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man.”—John 3:13.
7 Therefore, according to Jesus’ own words, no man had gone to heaven for all those 4,000 years of human history down until his day. David, Job and John the Baptizer will receive a resurrection to life on earth. In fact, all faithful men and women who died before Jesus died had the hope of living again on earth, not in heaven. They will be resurrected to become some of the earthly subjects of God’s kingdom.—Psalm 72:7, 8; Acts 17:31.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119909 Dec 29, 2013
WHY SOME FAITHFUL ONES GO TO HEAVEN
8 Why did Jesus go to heaven? What work does he have to do there? The answers to these questions are important. This is because those who go to heaven will share with Jesus in his work. They go to heaven for that very purpose.
9 We learned in earlier chapters that Jesus will rule over the paradise new earth as king of God’s heavenly government. Long before Jesus came to the earth, the Bible book of Daniel foretold that the “son of man” would be “given rulership.” The “Son of man” is Jesus Christ.(Mark 14:41, 62) And Daniel goes on to say:“His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin.”—Daniel 7:13, 14.
10 However, it is important to note here in the book of Daniel that the “son of man” is not to rule alone. The Bible says:“And the kingdom and the rulership . . . were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One. Their kingdom is an indefinitely lasting kingdom.”(Daniel 7:27) These expressions “the people” and “their kingdom” let us know that others will rule with Christ in God’s government.
11 On the last night that Jesus spent with his faithful 11 apostles he showed that they would be rulers with him in God’s kingdom. He told them:“You are the ones that have stuck with me in my trials; and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom.”(Luke 22:28, 29) Later, the apostle Paul and Timothy were included in this covenant, or agreement, for a kingdom. For that reason Paul wrote Timothy:“If we go on enduring, we shall also rule together as kings.”(2 Timothy 2:12) Also, the apostle John wrote of those who will “rule as kings over the earth” along with Jesus Christ.—Revelation 5:9, 10; 20:6.
12 So those who go to heaven go there to serve as joint rulers with Christ in God’s heavenly government. While Jesus is the main “seed” of promise, God chooses others from among humankind to rule with Jesus in the kingdom. They thus become part of the “seed,” as the Bible says:“If you belong to Christ, you are really Abraham’s seed, heirs with reference to a promise.”—Galatians 3:16, 29; James 2:5.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119911 Dec 29, 2013
HOW MANY GO TO HEAVEN?
13 Since they are to rule over the earth, it is clear that those who go to heaven will be tried and tested followers of Christ. This means that babies or young children, who have not been fully tested during years of Christian service, will not be taken to heaven.(Matthew 16:24) However, such young ones who die have the hope of being raised to life on earth.(John 5:28, 29) So the total number who go to heaven will be small when compared with the many who will receive life on earth under Kingdom rule. Jesus told his disciples:“Have no fear, little flock, because your Father has approved of giving you the kingdom.”—Luke 12:32.
14 How small a number will that class of Kingdom rulers be? Will it include only the apostles and other early followers of Jesus? No, the Bible shows that the “little flock” will include more. At Revelation 14:1, 3 the Bible says:“And I saw, and, look! the Lamb [Jesus Christ] standing upon the [heavenly] Mount Zion, and with him a hundred and forty-four thousand . . . who have been bought [or, taken] from the earth.” Note that only 144,000 persons are seen with the Lamb, Jesus Christ, on heavenly Mount Zion.(Hebrews 12:22) So rather than all good people going to heaven, the Bible reveals that only 144,000 tried and faithful persons will be taken there to rule with Christ.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119912 Dec 29, 2013
WHY CHOSEN FROM THE EARTH
15 But why does God choose these rulers from among humankind? Why not have angels rule with Christ? Well, it was here at the earth that Jehovah’s right to rule was challenged. It was here that the faithfulness of men to God could be put to the test under opposition from the Devil. It was here that Jesus proved his full loyalty to God under test and gave his life as a ransom for mankind. So it was from the earth that Jehovah arranged to take a “little flock” of persons to be associated with his Son in the heavenly kingdom. They are the ones who, by their faithfulness to God, proved false the Devil’s charge that men serve God only for selfish reasons. It is fitting, therefore, that Jehovah uses these humans for his glory.—Ephesians 1:9-12.
16 Also, think how wonderful it will be to have as rulers persons who proved faithful to God on earth, many of them even sacrificing their lives in behalf of the Kingdom.(Revelation 12:10, 11; 20:4) Angels have not faced such kind of testings. Nor have they experienced the problems common to humankind. So they would not fully understand what it is like to be a sinful human and to have the problems we humans do. But the 144,000 will understand because they have had these very problems. Some of them have had to overcome very sinful practices, and they know how hard it can be to do so.(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) Therefore, they will deal with their earthly subjects in an understanding way.—Hebrews 2:17, 18.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119913 Dec 29, 2013
Dear "SistaNoneYa", SevenT, Kharu ,Curious and Yes and amen Did you learn anything that "Kown Fact" posted?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey js 52 min curious 5
Martha and randy 56 min Betty 11
Bullock Busted 1 hr Sonja 1
the music thread (Jan '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 203
Knox st Liquor Going Broke ! 2 hr Demcreekfolk 15
bust 4 hr jailtracker 7
bronson 5 hr Mitch 1
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Jan 14 Carol 110

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web