Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 172945 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119751 Dec 28, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You are becoming more and more irrational. Do you know that?
Have you always been this confused or did you receive a blow to the head recently?
Or....more likely.... are you just a troll posing as a fool?
(These are rhetorical questions. Please don't feel that you need to respond. You won't make any sense anyway.)
Witchetty , let us put things in their proper perspective. The main ingredient needed to qualify as a fool is to be an Atheist,which I am not.
According to one of your Atheist leaders , it is those who deconvert who become afflicted by irrationality and mental confusion , among other maladies.
I do believe that in YOUR mental state of confusion ,you may well be confusing me with many of your fellow Atheists.
Your state of confusion emanates from your allowing your mind to deceive you by believing that an unguided mindless process controlled by a nonintelligent ,nonliving and nonconscious imaginary power is responsible for creating the universe and everything therein.
You claim monkeys as your ancestors and equate humans with cockroaches and other vermin.... I pity the fool , is an appropriate proverb for your condition and those who have been deceived into believing as you do.
Yikes , now that Christmas is over and your talents as a Christmas tree decorator won't be needed for the next 11 months , whatareyagonnado to earn a living.
You may wanna contact one of the many faith based organizations created by believers in order to help the needy. Cest la vie
Don't bother contacting Krak or Q They too busy dropping acid and have no chump change to spare.....
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119752 Dec 28, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And there in is where you fail the logic part... I don't want you to Believe anything.. I don't give a rats a$$..... You have mistaken me for someone that cares what you believe... I don't... I only reply to you and others as I see fit and ignore when I wish without concern of your or others personal belief systems ....
Those that engage with rational, logical discourse on whatever subject is fun to interact with as I enjoy a good debate or discussion on subjects that interest Me and I learn new things in the process... Those that engage in irrational, illogical brain farts tend to just give me comedic relief.....
Naaah, Much to your chagrin and dismay ,you have mistaken me for one that would not hold you accountable for all the contradictory and irrelevant nonsense you bombard this thread with.
It is impossible to have been raised in Kentucky while at the same time living in Detroit ,as you have claimed.
It is impossible to attend high school in kentucky at age 15 , while claiming to have moved to Detroit at age 12 and living there till age 22.
You claim all this in an effort to impress us with your so called accomplishments.
I do believe those are the behavioural patterns of those suffering from low self esteem and in dire need to draw attention to themselves.
I am thrilled and overjoyed that you don't give a rat's (*) as to whether I believe you or not.
You'd best keep your rat's (*) as I don't believe you.
I leave that chore to gulluble fools like Lodi and Krak ,fools will believe anything that is irrational and incoherent....
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119753 Dec 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for proving my claim.
I guess in your immoral world, if payment is made, thanks is unneeded. I bet your waiter spits in your food.
Is your mother paid for cooking your food?
The food story was just an example. I see examples of this all the time.
You have staked your claim , abundant in Fools Gold ,as I have proven.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119754 Dec 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Dukett and what is a consecuenses? Rosch does not make plain, he is an atheist leader. Why do you lie so much?
Unable to deal with the issues I posted , you choose to make an issue at my intentional mispelling of your name and the word cunsecuenses. The last refuge of a fool.
Anyhow , Stak Rosch is the coordinator for several Atheist organizations in Philadelphia ,as you well know by now. Obviously ,He is a leader in the Atheist community.
That you and the other Atheists deny his leadership ,due to the fact that he called you out
for not wanting to deal with the problem s of suicide and mental depression afflicting your community,does not invalidate his leadership.
One can well understand your selfish reasons and those of other Atheists for feeling that way.
Once the unsuspecting public is made aware of these maladies , who in their right mind would accept your unfounded opinions that there is no God , that they will not be held accountable for their misdeeds in this life and that they can establish their own moral code based on their selfish interest and desires,where they can then claim they need not be ashamed of anything they have ever done.
pat

London, KY

#119755 Dec 28, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
BIBLE
The Holy Scriptures, the inspired Word of Jehovah, acknowledged as the greatest book of all times because of its antiquity, its total circulation, the number of languages into which it has been translated, its surpassing greatness as a literary masterpiece, and its overwhelming importance to all mankind. Independent of all other books, it imitates no other. It stands on its own merits, giving credit to its unique Author. The Bible is also distinguished as having survived more violent controversy than any other book, hated as it is by many enemies.
...just as valid, allow the introduction of: Eric, The God-Eating Magic Penguin. God can't exist because of Eric, he's The God Eating Magic Penguin! Since Eric is God Eating by definition, he has no choice but to eat God. So, if God exists, he automatically ceases to exist as a result of being eaten. Unless you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, God doesn't exist. Even if you can prove that Eric doesn't exist, that same proof will also be applicable to God. There are only two possibilities = either you can prove that Eric doesn't exist or you can't...in both cases it logically follows that God doesn't exist.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119756 Dec 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>About half of what you just said is lies I have gone over already. I am a bit tired of repeating myself to someone who cannot absorb information he does not agree with.
You are still in a state of denial,as one of your Atheist leaders has stated.
You refuse to admit that Suicide and depression afflicts many of those who deconvert and that Atheists refuse to address that issue,much as you have done.
You dismiss the charges made against you by one of your leaders by claiming it is not a problem that these maladies affect the members of your faith.
How calloused the members of your faith are?
pat

London, KY

#119757 Dec 28, 2013
...what does an atheist leader teach? Nature?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#119758 Dec 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to admit that Suicide and depression afflicts many of those who deconvert and that Atheists refuse to address that issue,much as you have done.
You dismiss the charges made against you by one of your leaders by claiming it is not a problem that these maladies affect the members of your faith.
Not as calloused as a faith that favours slavery, genocide and killing homosexuals.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119759 Dec 28, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that addicts should stay on dope and alcoholics should keep on swigging on a bottle because the withdrawals are awful....
Your unscrupulous and deceitful attempt to mislead the unsuspecting victims you prey on will not go unchallenged.
Obviously , when you attempt to deconvert one of your victims , you do so by voicing your unfounded opinions and beliefs as if your opinions and beliefs were based on some truth that you have personally experienced or that you are aware of.
Moreover ,what these poor souls are told is that their deconversion will lead them to some sort of freedom and a happier life.
What you neglect to inform them is that their decision may well lead to suicide , suicidial tendencies , deep depression and other unwanted maladies that will impact their wellbeing and that of their families.
Not only are these poor souls intentionally misinformed ,but, when they have to confront these terrible maladies , Atheists are unable to provide them with any assistance and they are left hung out to dry.
If they want help , they have to turn to those whom they abandoned , their friends and families.
On the other hand,when someone converts , they are filled with joy,not suicidial tendencies and depression.
They also are provided support for further growth in their new found faith by caring believers.....

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#119760 Dec 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty , let us put things in their proper perspective. The main ingredient needed to qualify as a foolis to be an Atheist,which I am not.
fool
I wonder if their could be a statement that was more bigoted than this. And of course Sista will not comment on his teams bigotry.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119761 Dec 28, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as calloused as a faith that favours slavery, genocide and killing homosexuals.
Glad to see you admitted to your faith being calloused.
Your intentional deceptive practice of condoning the callousness of your faith by wrongfully claiming others are more calloused claearly indicates your moral turpitude.
The fact that you keep repeating the same lies does not translate into their being the truth.
A lie ,told many times ,is still a lie.
A fool who lies many times , is still a fool who lies many times of which you are a prime example

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119762 Dec 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your unscrupulous and deceitful attempt to mislead the unsuspecting victims you prey on will not go unchallenged.
Obviously , when you attempt to deconvert one of your victims , you do so by voicing your unfounded opinions and beliefs as if your opinions and beliefs were based on some truth that you have personally experienced or that you are aware of.
Moreover ,what these poor souls are told is that their deconversion will lead them to some sort of freedom and a happier life.
What you neglect to inform them is that their decision may well lead to suicide , suicidial tendencies , deep depression and other unwanted maladies that will impact their wellbeing and that of their families.
Not only are these poor souls intentionally misinformed ,but, when they have to confront these terrible maladies , Atheists are unable to provide them with any assistance and they are left hung out to dry.
If they want help , they have to turn to those whom they abandoned , their friends and families.
On the other hand,when someone converts , they are filled with joy,not suicidial tendencies and depression.
They also are provided support for further growth in their new found faith by caring believers.....
Do you actually type this out every day when you repeat it, several times a day? Do you have this saved and cut and paste?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119763 Dec 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119764 Dec 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Unable to deal with the issues I posted , you choose to make an issue at my intentional mispelling of your name and the word cunsecuenses. The last refuge of a fool.
Anyhow , Stak Rosch is the coordinator for several Atheist organizations in Philadelphia ,as you well know by now. Obviously ,He is a leader in the Atheist community.
That you and the other Atheists deny his leadership ,due to the fact that he called you out
for not wanting to deal with the problem s of suicide and mental depression afflicting your community,does not invalidate his leadership.
One can well understand your selfish reasons and those of other Atheists for feeling that way.
Once the unsuspecting public is made aware of these maladies , who in their right mind would accept your unfounded opinions that there is no God , that they will not be held accountable for their misdeeds in this life and that they can establish their own moral code based on their selfish interest and desires,where they can then claim they need not be ashamed of anything they have ever done.
I do not live in Philly and this is the first I have heard he leads anything other than some study you keep repeating as if it were the bible.
The difference between the religious and the non religious is, the non religious question leaders, even if they are on our side.

I have gotten to the point I tune out most of what you post, as it is so repetitive.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119765 Dec 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I have addressed the issues you posted. Did you forget the past few weeks? Do you have amnesia?

Cambridge, UK

#119766 Dec 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see you admitted to your faith being calloused.
Your intentional deceptive practice of condoning the callousness of your faith by wrongfully claiming others are more calloused claearly indicates your moral turpitude.
The fact that you keep repeating the same lies does not translate into their being the truth.
A lie ,told many times ,is still a lie.
A fool who lies many times , is still a fool who lies many times of which you are a prime example
I'm lying am I?

1. The god of the Bible instructs his followers to kidnap people against their will and keep them as slaves:

Is this good or bad?

2. The god of the Bible instructs his followers to commit acts of genocide.

Is this good or bad?

3. The god of the Bible instructs his followers to kill homosexuals

Is this good or bad?

4. The god of the Bible instructs his followers to kill people who have opted for different religions.

Is this good or bad?

If I'm lying like you say, then you will unhesitatingly answer "bad" for the above four statements.

The floor is yours..........

Cambridge, UK

#119767 Dec 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not live in Philly and this is the first I have heard he leads anything other than some study you keep repeating as if it were the bible.
The difference between the religious and the non religious is, the non religious question leaders, even if they are on our side.
I have gotten to the point I tune out most of what you post, as it is so repetitive.
Nicely put

We do indeed question our leaders and will frequently apply healthy scepticism to their teachings.

Contrast that with curious who blindly and unquestionably accept everything he is told.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119768 Dec 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect analogy. Some cannot handle the withdrawal of having a false promise of an afterlife, and things of this sort. Their religious teaching did not prepare them for the realities of the world as they actually are.
Now Curious has resorted to calling us, mentally unstable, in order to support his claims.
And surely Sista will not call him a bigot.
That Atheists are more mentally unstable than any other group has been shown to be true by studies conducted by very reputable organizations,as you well know.
That belief in God is very beneficial in helping to deal with mental issues has also been proven by Scienticic studies.
Your claim that those who deconvert are unable to handle the withdrawal of having a false promise of an afterlife is based on your opinion , not on any factual evidence.
That is based on YOUR reality of life , not on the realities of the world , as you wrongfully and arrogantly claim.
It is evident to me that Athjeists use deceitful and misleading tactics in order to prey on unsuspecting victims.
You persuade them with nonfactual opinions , that they will be free and lead happier lives,and intentionally leave out the"" horrible consequences"" that they may have to face for their actions.
You claim it is not your responsibility to advice them of these consequences.
If not you ,then who?
That type of attitude can be attributed to one whose morals can only be defined as deceitful , uncaring and calloused beyong anything imaginable and in no way can be justified.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119769 Dec 28, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm lying am I?
1. The god of the Bible instructs his followers to kidnap people against their will and keep them as slaves:
Is this good or bad?
2. The god of the Bible instructs his followers to commit acts of genocide.
Is this good or bad?
3. The god of the Bible instructs his followers to kill homosexuals
Is this good or bad?
4. The god of the Bible instructs his followers to kill people who have opted for different religions.
Is this good or bad?
If I'm lying like you say, then you will unhesitatingly answer "bad" for the above four statements.
The floor is yours..........
You are intentionally omitting the reasons given in the old testament for those instructions.
We have gone over this before....
Now , I base my faith on the techings of Christ and that is not contained in his teachings.
What you intentionally refuse to do , is to give the reasons why those instructions were given in the OT.
Don't play mind games with me Foolish one,,, State the reasons given in the Old testament for those instructions ,if you dare.
Then we can have an intelligent discussion based on ALLL the facts ,not on your misinterpretation therof and your continued insistence in lying.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119770 Dec 28, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you actually type this out every day when you repeat it, several times a day? Do you have this saved and cut and paste?
Naaaah , I just type it as needeed in order to point out your hypocricy and malintentioned faith
and MO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Horny gals in F.Lick 1 hr Amber 51
Warren for JE. 2 hr Facts 1
Schools 2 hr My thoughts 1
Can AD Canady actually walk? 3 hr Nimbletwig 3
who's everyone voting for judge exe ? 3 hr Vote 14
Liberty Baptist 4 hr Fact 5
Man 4 hr Nimbletwig 4
Barbourville police dept ends threats on school... 6 hr Kelly 35

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web