Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the Feb 10, 2010, The Courier-Journal story titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#119296 Dec 20, 2013
spaceship wrote:
It is interesting when the ones claiming to be christian never call one brother or sister when replying to one another.
I think it is because they regard each other as either apostates or heretics and then go to war with each other on various religious topix threads.
That's what comes of having so many different types of Christians with their differing views on their god.

It's not unheard of for those Christians to kill each other.

Nottingham, UK

#119297 Dec 20, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
About time you made some sense for a CHANGE.
And I recall seeing old reel to reels of places like Auschwitz, Dachau and Treblinka in 4rth grade.
Which were good as well, for showing the EVILS -- of hatred, bigotry and any of that other "supremecy" type vileness.
"It is said that science will dehumanise people and turn them into numbers. That is false, tragically false. Look for yourself. This is the concentration camp and crematorium at Auschwitz. This is where people were turned into numbers. Into this pond were flushed the ashes of some four million people. And that was not done by gas. It was done by arrogance. It was done by dogma. It was done by ignorance. When people believe that they have absolute knowledge, with no test in reality, this is how they behave. This is what men do when they aspire to the knowledge of gods.

Science is a very human form of knowledge. We are always at the brink of the known, we always feel forward for what is to be hoped. Every judgement in science stands on the edge of error, and is personal. Science is a tribute to what we can know although we are fallible. In the end the words were said by Oliver Cromwell: "I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken".

I owe it as a scientist to my friend Leo Szilard, I owe it as a human being to the many members of my family who died at Auschwitz, to stand here by the pond as a survivor and a witness. We have to cure ourselves of the itch for absolute knowledge and power. We have to close the distance between the push-button order and the human act. We have to touch people."

Dr Jacob Bronowski

Nottingham, UK

#119298 Dec 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN!
Tis the reason for the season!
God Bless you, and yours :-)
The reason for the season are the mid-winter festivals of pagan Europe.

They predate Christianity by centuries.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119299 Dec 20, 2013
cutelady wrote:
I think that would be the greatest thing that was ever done for the children.if everone followed the Bible could you imagine what a society we would have.Definitely no grown ups killing their children or anyone for that matter.Some people just don't understand..Our country was founded around God and good morales but today parents just don't teach it to their kids.Very few do...Some still believe and do and there is a lot of difference in their kids and others that are not taught.I think it's ridiculous when people say seperate Church and State..That's what is wrong with the world today.The church should be the state as long as it's run on biblical principals and done right..People are wanting to put God out of everything..It is not going to work.God will pour his wrath out on people and they will be so sorry.
CBN is a drug. Just say no.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#119300 Dec 20, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason for the season are the mid-winter festivals of pagan Europe.
They predate Christianity by centuries.
I can't think of any Christian denomination or sect that does not embrace some sort of paganism in their lifestyles.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#119301 Dec 20, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't think of any Christian denomination or sect that does not embrace some sort of paganism in their lifestyles.
What about Jehovah's Witnesses?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#119302 Dec 20, 2013
Wiccan, opening, watchtower, crown, lmao, hello it's a known fact.

“There is no god.”

USA

#119303 Dec 20, 2013
There is no god or hope for religies.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119304 Dec 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
What about them? The pagan influx started with PR Paul and proceeded beyond the Council of Carthage. JW's >claim< accuracy, but that's like saying Columbus sailed the ocean orange in a Z28. Not only is it wrong, it doesn't make any sense and doesn't even rhyme.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

East Bernstadt, KY

#119305 Dec 20, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And we have the right to refute the intentionally misleading information and lies spread by Atheists regarding our Faith and Beliefs..
Which is fine but the thread is about placing such in public school against the will of a large segment of those that have to pay for it...

As for refuting your opposition that's not a problem go for it, but so far you done a really bad job...

The rest was just useless ranting ... I enlisted in the military and today am a service connected vet and really don't care to go into to details or send you a copy of my DD214 or VA disability card or records of my 20 + surgeries over my life at the VA ... Just made the statement in support of your right to B'Leve anything you wish... To argue your Beliefs as you wish... But not to force those Beliefs on My Kid in a closed school system unless you provide Reproducible, Testable and Verifiable Evidence of such... So far on here you cannot provide such ... But it's fun to watch you sling mud that demonstrates you do not follow that you claim to B'Leve...

“There is no god.”

USA

#119306 Dec 20, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, fantasies and myths have a good recycle value.

"There's a sucker born every minute"

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

East Bernstadt, KY

#119307 Dec 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
A cult is a cult is a cult is a cult is a cult is a cult is a cult is a cult is a cult...

Most cultists never think their cult is a cult....

“There is no god.”

USA

#119308 Dec 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What about them? The pagan influx started with PR Paul and proceeded beyond the Council of Carthage. JW's >claim< accuracy, but that's like saying Columbus sailed the ocean orange in a Z28. Not only is it wrong, it doesn't make any sense and doesn't even rhyme.
"Columbus sailed the ocean orange in a Z28"

Nice.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#119309 Dec 20, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Some copy and paste reading for you.

Of course if you show any Jehovah’s Witness any proof of their pagan roots they will accuse you of apostasy, being of the devil, and being a tool of Satan.

Wedding rings, playing cards are from paganism and can be used today by fortune tellers.

Charles Taze Russell’s famous “Studies In The Scriptures” with the image of the Egyptian Sun god RA emblazoned on the cover.

Here is a nice one showing photos of Charles Taze Russell’s (the founder of the Jehovah’s Witnesses) burial ceremony and associated stones. Note the pagan pyramid that is emblazoned with the name “Watchtower Bible & Tract Society”. This was bought and paid for by the Watchtower themselves.

The book that explains Russell’s fascination with Egyptology and his constant references to the Great Pyramid as a “proof” of his chronological prophecies is shown in the link below.(Failed prophecies by the way, all of them.)

http://thewatchtowerfiles.com/paganism/
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#119310 Dec 20, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, fantasies and myths have a good recycle value.
"There's a sucker born every minute"
Top of the day to you LOL, Good Post

“There is no god.”

USA

#119311 Dec 20, 2013
Well auschwitz and treblinka were death camps. Dachau was a labor camp. People died. Guess what, christians did it. Love, love, love.

“There is no god.”

USA

#119312 Dec 20, 2013
Hi SS.

“There is no god.”

USA

#119313 Dec 20, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who holds curious' hair back while he's bent over that porcelain throne.... Yaa or Sista?
Don't they shave the heads of mental ward residents?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119314 Dec 20, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't they shave the heads of mental ward residents?
Most likely he's just in a home. Lots of families send their old folks to Florida when they get a little too strange to be around the grandkids.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#119315 Dec 20, 2013
'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson on growing up in the South:'I never saw the mistreatment of any black person'

The reality star, who has come under fire for homophobic comments said during a GQ interview, also had views on racism in the South prior to the Civil Rights Movement.'(Blacks) were happy,' he said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-m...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know Chico Eversole ? 2 hr old friend 1
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 5 hr yoyo1234 9
Teacher arrested 10 hr Judge Judy 2
Buddy and Ellen 12 hr Knox co 2
Mud Slide Up Turkey Creek Rd (Mar '14) 14 hr gator 10
Fed up! 16 hr crazyjimbo 16
Lisa and Teresa Vaughn twins 18 hr Friend 4
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE