Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the Feb 10, 2010, The Courier-Journal story titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119275 Dec 20, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that the Matterhorn?
Looked like it to me.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

East Bernstadt, KY

#119276 Dec 20, 2013
Now this one is some serious Zen stuff ......... try it several times...

http://youtu.be/h71LOhpuMpA

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#119277 Dec 20, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Cute. Of course ALL the cards shown at first are "gone."
It is a fun illusion.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#119278 Dec 20, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible says all men are liars . You both have something in common, christian and lying.
He was never a Christian!
If I lie, I didn't know it was a lie... He knew he lied, and unlike me...
He will lie to you again, and again, again, and again, again, and again, again, and again, again, and again, again, and again, again, and again!
God is real, and that is the TRUTH!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#119279 Dec 20, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Cute!
Had me going for a second... until I seen ALL the cards were different!
Not as burnt out as you thought I was! LOL
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#119280 Dec 20, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I do enjoy the CHRIST part of Christmas!
AMEN!
Tis the reason for the season!
God Bless you, and yours :-)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119281 Dec 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>He was never a Christian!
If I lie, I didn't know it was a lie... He knew he lied, and unlike me...
He will lie to you again, and again, again, and again, again, and again, again, and again, again, and again, again, and again, again, and again!
God is real, and that is the TRUTH!
You have no idea whether he's a "Christian" or not. That is between him and his God.
You have just been caught in a lie - the same one that you've been caught in before, and that is the TRUTH.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#119282 Dec 20, 2013
Obamanation

Madisonville, KY

#119284 Dec 20, 2013
Obamacare was intended to do 2 things and it is doing both very well.

It was intended to provide free health care to Obama's political base, the professional welfare recipient class. It is doing that. They get Medicaid. Absolutely FREE.

It was also intended to punish the working class who are the rank and file voters of the Republican Party. It is doing that just fine too. They are being stuck with huge premium increases that they must pay or be fined. Many will be unable to afford insurance and will end up paying the fine. If they can afford insurance, the deductibles and co-payments are so high that they cannot afford to use it for routine care.

Obamacare also has 2 built in mechanisms that will hurt workers even more than the individual mandate. First, by exempting employers with under 50 employees (and adding greatly to the cost of the premiums that they must pay if they do cover their employees) it encourages employers with just a few workers over 50, say 54, to lay off workers to get under the 50 limit. Many will do that. They will have no choice, since they cannot afford the higher premiums that they must now pay. The loophole that allows big employers with hundreds or thousands of low wage employees to not cover part time workers is an incentive for those employers to cut people's hours.

The aim was to force low wage workers onto the expanded Medicaid. However, there is a Catch-22 in that too. Take this example:

A 55 year old factory worker who worked for good wages for many years and is laid off because his job was outsourced to Asia. He owns a house that is paid for, two or more vehicles, and maybe a boat or a little tract of land that he uses for recreation. He has some savings. After he is laid off, he takes a full time job at low wages. It is all that he can get. It pays the bills and he figures he can last until age 62 and Social Security and retirement kick in. Then Obamacare hits his employer. If he works for an employer with 50 workers and he's no. 50, he will be the one fired. Last hired; first fired. He has to pay his own Obamacare, but he can't afford it.

"But," the Obamanites say, "He can get expanded Medicaid!"

Well, yes, he can. But - and here's the Catch-22 - he's not eligible for Medicaid because he has too much in the way of assets - that house and everything that he has worked all his life for. He has to liquidate those assets and spend the money before he can get Medicaid. It will impoverish him.

And that is just what Obama intended for it to do.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119285 Dec 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
www.EvolutionVsGod.com
So your defense of "I didn't know I was lying" is mental incapacity?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119286 Dec 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN!
Tis the reason for the season!
God Bless you, and yours :-)
Except of course, that Jesus wan't born in Bethlehem or in December and there wasn't even a census that year... the "reason for the season" was to legitimize pagan rituals into Catholicism to appease the conscripts/converts.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119287 Dec 20, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder who holds curious' hair back while he's bent over that porcelain throne.... Yaa or Sista?
There are some anatomical "curious"ities here that might call for an expanded definition of regurgitate.. How can he be so FOS when he's constantly talking out of his A**? Is the question "who holds his hair back?" or is it "who fetches the Depends?"
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#119288 Dec 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea whether he's a "Christian" or not. That is between him and his God.
You have just been caught in a lie - the same one that you've been caught in before, and that is the TRUTH.
Well said ChromiuMan.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

East Bernstadt, KY

#119289 Dec 20, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute. Of course ALL the cards shown at first are "gone."
It is a fun illusion.
Shissssss... No it's Magic....
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#119290 Dec 20, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have no problem you believing anything you wish, I have even put my life on the line to protect your right to believe anything you wish ... be it a invisible magician in the sky or flying unicorns that poop glitter...
But the instant you feel the need to use the force of government to indoctrinate the young a belief that that no evidence can be presented then you have over stepped the protections I stand for in the Constitution... The same way I could care less of others sexual views, drug use or about anything you wish to believe or do as a adult individual... But the instant a Public Stand is made that impacts others I will respond with opposing argument ... If you go forth and speak out in public of your Beliefs (or post) then expect to be contradicted and equal force used to prevent you as you use to put forth your views...
The Constitution protects your right to believe as a Individual Right but does not protect you from others opposing such so best to Believe as you would and live the life you ascribe too and keep it to yourself.. But like me with the sciences if I make a scientific claim or theory and do so publicly I not only expect others to make every effort to destroy my view, I want them to.. I want others to rip my views apart so I can better understand those views I might have never considered that could change my views... If you cannot change your views when rational argument and evidence is provided then you are better served not going to the public with those beliefs...
And we have the right to refute the intentionally misleading information and lies spread by Atheists regarding our Faith and Beliefs..
Your allegation that" I have even put my life on the line to protect your right to believe anything you wish ... be it a invisible magician in the sky or flying unicorns that poop glitter..."
is self serving and pure nonsense as You provide no evidence that you have ever put your life on the line to protect our rights to believe as we see fit .
Since we do not believe in an invisible magician in the sky or unicorns, then whatever it is you have done ,if anything ,has been a waste of your time.
You repearedly spout that nonsense due to your inability to grasp the basis for our faith ,thereby ,having to resort to inane ramblings and nonsense.
As Believers , we will defend our Faith and Beliefs against those who intentionally distort the truth.
When an Atheist falls on an unsuspecting victim and presuades him that by renouncing their belief in Goid they will lead a happier life and will be free and the evidence points to the contrary , we will refute that false allegation with the credible evidence at our disposal.
When Atheists make the claim that life and creation arose as a result of an unguided mindless process,we will present a plausible explanation as to why that process is nonsencical at best and that the probability of such a process occuring defies probability.
And we will not hide our Faith , we joyfully declare the basis for our faith, and most assuredly,We are not going away.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#119291 Dec 20, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/12/12/re ligion-in-americas-states-and- counties-in-6-maps/
Interesting data.
'splains alot :-)
cutelady

London, KY

#119292 Dec 20, 2013
I think that would be the greatest thing that was ever done for the children.if everone followed the Bible could you imagine what a society we would have.Definitely no grown ups killing their children or anyone for that matter.Some people just don't understand..Our country was founded around God and good morales but today parents just don't teach it to their kids.Very few do...Some still believe and do and there is a lot of difference in their kids and others that are not taught.I think it's ridiculous when people say seperate Church and State..That's what is wrong with the world today.The church should be the state as long as it's run on biblical principals and done right..People are wanting to put God out of everything..It is not going to work.God will pour his wrath out on people and they will be so sorry.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#119293 Dec 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Looked like it to me.
It sure did huh!
youre an idiot

Russell, KY

#119294 Dec 20, 2013
I want that fat Santa Clause out of the schools, cause I don't believe in him!!!!
PUT CHRIST BACK IN SCHOOLS!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#119295 Dec 20, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not dangerous to us....
When God unleashes His Wrath.... it's not ours or His fault if 'you' did not accept salvation!
Does your god want us to love him?

Does he desire us to spend eternity in heaven?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fed up! 1 hr crazyjimbo 16
Lisa and Teresa Vaughn twins 3 hr Friend 4
UPS drop box in B'ville? 4 hr Answer 9
Mud Slide Up Turkey Creek Rd (Mar '14) 6 hr Stewart 9
knox county detention center 9 hr Welfare Jed 41
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 9 hr yep 8
Stacy Keys 9 hr yep 10
dollar store Robbery flat lick 23 hr Crazy 11
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search