Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149017 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#119053 Dec 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That would've been acceptable too, from your point of view.
What about the people that see things differently from yourself though, that are NOT harming others?
What about them?
I cannot even show Curious and YaA that worshipping a golden calf is not harming others, yet they feel it is fine to kill such persons. I do not see you giving an opinion on it, so just sit on that fence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119054 Dec 17, 2013
amphiptere wrote:
<quoted text>i stated that the only ABSOLUTE is that there are no absolutes.
all pluralities are a manifestation of the ONE SINGULARITY. it is tawhid
you want humility then be the mirror that you saw
I guess you do not even realize how absolute your claims and statements are.
You seem not to be able to apply the philosophy in which you speak.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119055 Dec 17, 2013
eingana wrote:
<quoted text>it isn't western. it isn't eastern. it just is. if all ceased to be known to homo sapiens regarding higher science, it would again manifest in another place and time. the truth transcends space and time.
Lovely way to squirm out of using western science.
I can see you just hate the idea of western science, so you are in a delusion you do not use it, as you type on that keyboard made by western science......or is it eastern science? Why even use words, as you do not respect them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119056 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
THIS MAY ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS SOMEWHAT.
Why are there so many religions?
A recent tabulation concluded that there are 10 main religions and some 10,000 sects. Of these, some 6,000 exist in Africa, 1,200 in the United States, and hundreds in other lands.
Many factors have contributed to the development of new religious groups. Some have said that the various religions all represent different ways of presenting religious truth. But a comparison of their teachings and practices with the Bible indicates, rather, that the diversity of religions is because people have become followers of men instead of listening to God. It is noteworthy that, to a large extent, teachings they hold in common, but that differ from the Bible, originated in ancient Babylon.(See pages 50, 51, under the heading “Babylon the Great.”)
Who is the instigator of such religious confusion? The Bible identifies Satan the Devil as “the god of this system of things.”(2 Cor. 4:4) It warns us that “the things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God.”(1 Cor. 10:20) How vitally important, then, to make sure that we really are worshiping the true God, the Creator of heaven and earth, and that our worship is pleasing to him!
And just how does one chose a true god? Looks like most chose the god of their parents, did you?
Or have you done an extensive study of all the gods, and then chose based upon some sort of consistent criteria?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119057 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
NOT IN THE BIBLE
One of the things that impressed me was finding out that almost every major doctrine taught in the churches today is not found in the Bible
What impresses me is, you seem to automatically think the bible is the word of god. I have little doubt this was instilled by your parents.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119058 Dec 17, 2013
KnownFact wrote:
O Lord, I am conscious that a man’s way is not in himself: man has no power of guiding his steps.—Jer. 10:23,“The Bible in Basic English.”
Would it not be foolhardy for an inexperienced person to set off alone, without a skilled guide and not so much as a compass, hiking deep into an uncharted wilderness? Not knowing how to survive inhospitable conditions in the wild and not having the expertise to find his way safely to his destination, he would be putting his life in jeopardy. So, too, the person who thinks he can direct his course through this wicked world without allowing God to show him the right way is placing his life in grave danger. The only chance we have of traversing this system of things successfully is to make the same prayerful request to Jehovah that David did:“Let my steps take hold on your tracks, in which my footsteps will certainly not be made to totter.”—Ps. 17:5; 23:3.
This is a play on mans herd instinct. Religion and the bible uses mans instincts to sway him to loyalty. Religion has done an excellent job doing this, and it is used now by many totalitarian dictators.
It is dangerous to stray from the group, and if the group is following a specific god, it is dangerous to reject said god. No need for the god to be a real god or not. This applies to any god of any group.
The bible even shows the ring leaders killing those who reject the god of the group, as in the case of Moses. Yes, it is dangerous to reject the god of the group.
Now if you could only understand the reality of the situation instead of the myth of the situation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119059 Dec 17, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if your mind is totally TWISTED and Warped.
So if you are of sound mind, the bible is devoid of sex and violence? Seems to me, if you do not see the violence in the bible, you are of a twisted mind. If you think it is fine to kill men women and children for worshipping a golden calf, your mind is twisted. If you think it is non violent, your mind is twisted.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#119060 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could convince every human on earth that there is no god how would that benefit you or anyone else for that matter? Please explain Jeremiah 10:23 23&#8239;I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.
Jeremiah wants slavery and control of the masses through the use of religion. That is just another master to slave quotes. Jeremiah would have no problem slicing up pregnant women having the whole family eat bread cook with human waste and rubbing the feces all over their faces.

One benefit is we have electric and gas ovens to cook our bread and without contamination.
Another is science has made major advances in many areas. No laying on of hands and expelling demons necessary, we've (science) got your back.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119061 Dec 17, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you think nothing of humping like an animal, and Killing the results...
Pot meet Kettle!
Only thing is... When God cleans house of all unrighteousness...
You have not repented your sins...
Good day!
Genocide. You seem to have a morbid fascination with it. And Sista will insist this is not a dangerous way of thinking.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#119062 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Please explain Jeremiah 10:23 I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.
The watchtower from what I read on topix is they want their members and children to not waste time becoming a doctor, lawyer , engineer etc. Just receive your education from them. You have to slave for the master "watchtower " using Jeremiah 10:23 to direct your thinking.

If you don't preach door to door but go to a 4 year college for a degree you might be guilty of apostasy by not obeying Jeremiah 10:23 and do what the watchtower says. Scare tactics.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119063 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
My name is not Peter you have me confused with someone else.
Why don't you ask them if they are one of Jehovah's Witnesses and if they answer NO THEN THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH EVIDENCE OR TO PROVE TO YOU WE ARE NOT CONECTED!
So if one is not of your particular sect, out of thousands, as you said, you have no connection with them?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119064 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could convince every human on earth that there is no god how would that benefit you or anyone else for that matter? Please explain Jeremiah 10:23 23&#8239;I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.
Suicide bombing would likely be greatly reduced. Holy wars would be no more. We could teach science.
The divider called religion would be no more. Families would not be torn apart due to disagreements on what sect to be a member of.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119065 Dec 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Suicide bombing would likely be greatly reduced. Holy wars would be no more. We could teach science.
The divider called religion would be no more. Families would not be torn apart due to disagreements on what sect to be a member of.
If you could convince every human on earth that there is no god how would that benefit you or anyone else for that matter?

We know that among those who deconvert , the possibility of suicide is greatly increased.
Those who do not believe in God often feel lonely , suffer from severe depresssion ,become addicted to drugs and alcohol and other maladies.
I addition to that , they will lead delusional lives and live in a make believe world.
According to the Atheist activist, Staak Roschthe abovementioned maladies are common ,among those who deconvert.'
Atheists are well aware of this situation,but are in denial of said effects.That is not my opinion , but that of Mr. Rosch.
Two things about this situation that are highly immoral and should be criminalized.
1) Those who are being deconverted are not informed of the consecuences
2) Those whose lives are ruined by deconversion , whether it be because of suicide,mental issues and drug and alcohol addiction ,should have the legal right to bring charges against the perpetrators of those practices,whom knowingly lead them into that calamitous situation.
These calloused and immoral individuals shoud be held accountable for their corrupt practices.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119066 Dec 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could convince every human on earth that there is no god how would that benefit you or anyone else for that matter?
We know that among those who deconvert , the possibility of suicide is greatly increased.
Those who do not believe in God often feel lonely , suffer from severe depresssion ,become addicted to drugs and alcohol and other maladies.
I addition to that , they will lead delusional lives and live in a make believe world.
According to the Atheist activist, Staak Roschthe abovementioned maladies are common ,among those who deconvert.'
Atheists are well aware of this situation,but are in denial of said effects.That is not my opinion , but that of Mr. Rosch.
Two things about this situation that are highly immoral and should be criminalized.
2) Those whose lives are ruined by deconversion , whether it be because of suicide,mental issues and drug and alcohol addiction ,should have the legal right to bring charges against the perpetrators of those practices,whom knowingly lead them into that calamitous situation.
These calloused and immoral individuals shoud be held accountable for their corrupt practices.
You keep repeating this as if atheists were the only ones who were ever addicted to drugs or alcohol. We know that is not so.
And do these addictions compare to the horrors of continued holy wars?

I see you are now wanting the teaching of atheism to be a crime.
You really have no concept of why freedom of religion is good, do you?
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119067 Dec 17, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! I have learned so much here!
I don't post often because others (Mike, Chrom, Lodi, Khatru, Q, yourself, etc) are more articulate than I. I find they can say what I wanted to say much better.
But now that I have begun to "protest" on the street corner in my home town, I am delightfully surprised at my ability to debate the local fundies.
LOL! They are very surprised also!
Last week's contestant gave up after about 20 minutes saying, "You're a tough one."
So here's to all you atheists ***raises glass ***hugs and kisses***. Thank you!
Hey Witchetty , Let me know where these events are taking place so I can come and see you in action and judge for myself how succesful you are instead of having to take your self serving platitudes as to how well you are doing.
I may even challenge your low moral standards and ask you to explain how it is that you have" never done anything for which you need feel ashamed" LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#119068 Dec 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sista, do you see anything dangerous about the words Curious wrote here? He is directly advocating making the swaying of ones god as crime.

I keep pointing to Deuteronomy 13 and you guys scoff as if it will never happen here in America, yet I see curious pointing in that direction now.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119069 Dec 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What about them?
I cannot even show Curious and YaA that worshipping a golden calf is not harming others, yet they feel it is fine to kill such persons. I do not see you giving an opinion on it, so just sit on that fence.
Again, I defer to Staak Rosch's beliefs and the findings of Independent Studies conducted by Universities.
Rosch stated that among those who deconvert can be found that they are afflicted by loneliness,severe depression , higher suicide rates and suicidial tendencies.
We also know that they are afflicted by drug and alcihol addiction.All these maladies are a cancer to their families and to the community.
Thosse 3500 who deconverted , broke their word and denied their God,He whom they knew brought them out of slavery in the land of Egypt and in a delusional mental state , believed that by melting their gold and fashioning it into a golden calf , said calf would lead them to the promised land , were a threat to themselves , their families and the community.
All you need do , is look at what happens to those who deconvert nowadays.
Suicide, severe depression , mental illness , drug and alcohol addiction.
Moses knew the disastrous consecuences of permitting this cancer to continue unabated.
IT HAD TO BE REMOVED AT ALL COSTS and he did.
DON'T DO THE CRIME IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#119070 Dec 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You keep repeating this as if atheists were the only ones who were ever addicted to drugs or alcohol. We know that is not so.
And do these addictions compare to the horrors of continued holy wars?
I see you are now wanting the teaching of atheism to be a crime.
You really have no concept of why freedom of religion is good, do you?
Silly boy , Staak Rosch stated that those who deconvert are afflicted by these maladies AFTER their deconversion.....Deconversion is the cause for these maladies among many of those who deconvert. He also stated that Atheists are in denisl that this problem exists.
It is not a question of my wanting the teaching of Atheism to be a crime.
Due to Rosch's beliefs that deconversion creates such problems ,it should be declared a criminal activity.
If one advices someone to do something that may lead them to commit suicide,should that not be a crime?
What if it may lead them to become alcoholics or drug addicts? Is that not criminal or at the very least, immoral to the nth degree?
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119071 Dec 17, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And just how does one chose a true god? Looks like most chose the god of their parents, did you?
Or have you done an extensive study of all the gods, and then chose based upon some sort of consistent criteria?
No my Dad would have nothing to do with religion! My Mother was Freewill Baptist and probably believed the pagan Trinity. I worship the only true God Jehovah...but not until I made an extensive study of God's word the Bible. I will use simple math to make my point...once you learn that 2+2=4 it is not necessary to study billions of wrong answers to convince yourself that 2+2 really does equal four. Does that make any sense to you Mike?
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#119072 Dec 17, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Witchetty , Let me know where these events are taking place so I can come and see you in action and judge for myself how succesful you are instead of having to take your self serving platitudes as to how well you are doing.
I may even challenge your low moral standards and ask you to explain how it is that you have" never done anything for which you need feel ashamed" LOL
What version of scareware are you going to use? Oh I forgot it's all scareware. It you go down there they will just bag you ,tag you,put you in a straight Jacket and throw you in the nut house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loreana patterson peace 57 min pee wee 7
stinking creek 1 hr I beg to differ 97
Just Wondering!! 3 hr Kayak 4
has anyone seen april partin (Nov '08) 3 hr April partin 51
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 4 hr John 35
Merrill speaks out, where? 5 hr Really 8
Jessie J. Mills 8 hr Olive 5
Three liquor stores in bville 16 hr Quantummist 26

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web