Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 167629 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#119030 Dec 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
NOT IN THE BIBLE
One of the things that impressed me was finding out that almost every major doctrine taught in the churches today is not found in the Bible
...and YOU endlessly spam from the GB approved literature... see how you are?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119031 Dec 17, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
hum, Ya don't say??
lol
No, I didn't say it, and neither did you.

That's why the citation of the direct originals of the quotation.

Because I do NOT "believe" in PLAGIARISM.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119032 Dec 17, 2013
Rico from East Los II wrote:
Why would anyone want the Bible taught in school? It's filled with nothing but sex and violence.
You might as well give the kids a PS3 and a game called Grand Theft Auto. At least they'll be more interested in that.
Only if your mind is totally TWISTED and Warped.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119033 Dec 17, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good question... unfortunately for the youth of america some would and do have a few nuts on here that would want that to happen. Fortunately we also have few brilliant atheist who can debate with them and show why this should not be taught in public schools. The charity of these atheist debaters will never be forgotten by me and others who have unraveled the chains of religious dogma.
Which is the same as saying, all those that play the games such as Grand Theft auto, will grow into adulthood as nothing but Thugs and Thieves.
Thanks for proving yet again-the IGNORANCE, as rooted in nothing but BIGOTRY.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#119034 Dec 17, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I judge the book as nothing more than a set of very old books. I don't care if no one or everyone reads it. Its readers are a mixed bag and I tend to judge the ones who are Way more mixed up than they should be.
Good thing too..it must suck having to walk around at such a low levels of stupidity and ignorance, thinking everyone is all same.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119035 Dec 17, 2013
CM wrote:
<quoted text> I tend to judge the ones who are Way more mixed up than they should be.
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing too..it must suck having to walk around at such a low levels of stupidity and ignorance, thinking everyone is all same.
boxes

Pikeville, KY

#119036 Dec 17, 2013
anyone know of a place to get shoes repaired, please post address.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#119037 Dec 17, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Explain this "Us" that god himself keeps referring to, isn't it the argument of Christians that there is only one god?
Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and the Angels... You'll have to wait to the end to find out more... Just as we do!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#119038 Dec 17, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Did I mention there is no god.
There is a God...
All you have to do is Seek Him... until then... you know nothing!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119039 Dec 17, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>There is a God...
All you have to do is Seek Him... until then... you know nothing!
If you are now SO filled with the knowledge of God, why can't you tell Boxes where he can get his shoes fixed? Is it another one of those Holy freakin' Secret Mysteries?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#119040 Dec 17, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Father, Son, Holy Spirit, and the Angels... You'll have to wait to the end to find out more... Just as we do!
Enjoy the movie while it's playing, YaA. The end is full-on anticlimax - which would be a surprise except that you won't be around to know it.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#119041 Dec 17, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good question... unfortunately for the youth of america some would and do have a few nuts on here that would want that to happen. Fortunately we also have few brilliant atheist who can debate with them and show why this should not be taught in public schools. The charity of these atheist debaters will never be forgotten by me and others who have unraveled the chains of religious dogma.
Well said! I have learned so much here!
I don't post often because others (Mike, Chrom, Lodi, Khatru, Q, yourself, etc) are more articulate than I. I find they can say what I wanted to say much better.

But now that I have begun to "protest" on the street corner in my home town, I am delightfully surprised at my ability to debate the local fundies.
LOL! They are very surprised also!

Last week's contestant gave up after about 20 minutes saying, "You're a tough one."

So here's to all you atheists ***raises glass ***hugs and kisses***. Thank you!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#119042 Dec 17, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Still liking the "companionship" of guys, huh?
Thought you gave that up.
<quoted text>
You've got nothing I want. I wouldn't want to be in the same room with you for 5 minutes.
Same for your imaginary friend.
I will live as fully as I can in this Reality and cease to exist when this body stops functioning.
You will continue in your happy little delusion and be disappointed in the end.
(Well, that would be if you could actually feel anything after dying...which you won't.
Hey, how fortunate for you!)
This post proves that you are neither Moral, or wise!
Thanks for proving our Bible, and God to be true....
About being with God, and His children... You can, and will have your wish!
Good day!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#119043 Dec 17, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
I'm not the one who favours genocide, slavery, killing homosexuals, etc.
Yet you think nothing of humping like an animal, and Killing the results...
Pot meet Kettle!
Only thing is... When God cleans house of all unrighteousness...
You have not repented your sins...
Good day!
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#119044 Dec 17, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said! I have learned so much here!
I don't post often because others (Mike, Chrom, Lodi, Khatru, Q, yourself, etc) are more articulate than I. I find they can say what I wanted to say much better.
But now that I have begun to "protest" on the street corner in my home town, I am delightfully surprised at my ability to debate the local fundies.
LOL! They are very surprised also!
Last week's contestant gave up after about 20 minutes saying, "You're a tough one."
So here's to all you atheists ***raises glass ***hugs and kisses***. Thank you!
Thanks, I really enjoy your posts also and a big fan of yours. You are a very knowledgeable , interesting and funny debater. Keep up the great work and with your street corner debates, you are a brave one.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119045 Dec 17, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...and YOU endlessly spam from the GB approved literature... see how you are?
Sorry I don't want to bust your bubble...but everything we teach comes from the Bible and we are cautioned, "DON'T GO BEYOND WHAT IS WRITTEN!"
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119046 Dec 17, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is, Peter. You guys couldn't get more connected if your pelvises were surgically grafted together.
My name is not Peter you have me confused with someone else.
Why don't you ask them if they are one of Jehovah's Witnesses and if they answer NO THEN THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH EVIDENCE OR TO PROVE TO YOU WE ARE NOT CONECTED!
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119047 Dec 17, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, I really enjoy your posts also and a big fan of yours. You are a very knowledgeable , interesting and funny debater. Keep up the great work and with your street corner debates, you are a brave one.
If you could convince every human on earth that there is no god how would that benefit you or anyone else for that matter? Please explain Jeremiah 10:23 23&#8239;I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119048 Dec 17, 2013
Please explain Jeremiah 10:23 I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#119049 Dec 17, 2013
Spaceship,
You should get your head out of the clouds and come back down to the earth long enough to make an investigation and tell me one single man that you know of who can direct his own step. And that includes all of your Atheist friends as well. I will wait for your answer but I wont hold my breath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox County Jailer?? 15 min No way 29
Whatdidisay 27 min Salus 3
Thank You Carnell for having Customer Appreciat... 29 min Ghost 5
Homeless methheads 39 min Nuts 3
New sandwich shop 1 hr no way 3
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 1 hr gop 98
City cops! (Nov '15) 1 hr patiently waiting 58
Iknow who got Ronnie Messer busted!!! (Jan '10) Wed UghWhoIsItThen 56

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web