Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 171828 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118808 Dec 13, 2013
serapis wrote:
<quoted text>not buddhist either
not a respecter of persons.
i have gifts for everyone.
shrug. So you are God's Gift to the world, eh? Somebody needs to get him to stop shopping in psych wards and tell Him about Walmart cards. Practical, convenient, unassuming and quiet... a much better present.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#118809 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I read what you wrote and I wrote what you read and yes,you are responsible for what you write
You Stated "I never claimed to be wise. "
Says I , Then you are inversely claiming to be a fool
You stated "Perhaps you think I'm wise?
Says I ,that question indicates that if I think you are wise , I err in my thinkig.
And no, I don't think you are wise..
Fools rush in and their own words convict them
LOL Baka Saru in any language
Not only do you not read my posts, it seems that you don't read your own either.

Well, it's either that or you're seriously lacking in the comprehension stakes.

Cambridge, UK

#118810 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
“As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
And you have been going back to those parts of the bible whose words enthrall you.
You ,of course, do not explain the context in which they were written,
giving a clear indication that you are afflicted by orchidomania , edeomania and coprophilia.
You may even be the type of person who records his bowel movements and plays them back as a form of relaxation.
Sick ,sick ,sick
Call Staak Rosch and have him add those to the list of abnormal behaviour that afflicts some Atheists
Moan if you like but all I'm doing is quoting what you believe are the words of your god.

The fact that you find them sick is encouraging.

Next step is for you to learn that killing people because they have different views is bad.

Come on curious - you can do it.

Here's a reminder of where you're currently at:

Atheist: "Slavery is bad."
curious: "slavery is bad. Unless it's the slavery on the OT in which case it's good."
==========
Atheist: "Genocide is bad."
curious: "Genocide is bad. Unless it's the genocide in the OT in which case it's good."
==========
Atheist: "Killing homosexuals is bad."
curious: "Killing homosexuals is bad. Unless it's the killing of homosexuals in the OT in which case it's good."
==========
Atheist: "killing people who exercise freedom of religion is bad."
curious: "killing people who exercise freedom of religion is bad. Unless it's the killing of people who exercise freedom of religion in the OT in which case it's good."
==========
Atheist: "How can any of this be good?"
curious: "Trust me, it is good. These people had it coming, they were a cancer on the face of society and they deserved what they got."
==========
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#118811 Dec 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only do you not read my posts, it seems that you don't read your own either.
Well, it's either that or you're seriously lacking in the comprehension stakes.
I read your post where you clearly stated never having claimed to be wise.
If one is unable to claim to be wise , then deductive logic will lead to the conclusion that one is a fool. You are either one or the other.
And it is in your honor that I will post the titles of some of my favorite Fool songs and their meaning.

A Fool such as I.....Those born on April 1

Ship of Fools..... Atheists on a Cruise

Cool Fool.......Atheist who swims outdoors in the dead of winter

Who Will the next Fool be,,,,,,,The next person who deconverts to Atheism

Fools Rush In.......The lines of people waiting to enter an Atheist Church

Chain of Fools..........Atheists holding hands while forming a Line

A Fool no More..........Those Atheists who now believe in God.

The Fool..........Has said in his heart,There is no God

Three Times a Fool...... 1)Those who claim that God does not exist,but are unable to keep their minds from thinking about him

2) Those who do not believe Moses ever existed , but judge him to be a dictator

3) Those who do not believe the events described in the OT occured ,but judge those events to be crimes.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#118812 Dec 13, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Moan if you like
The fact that you find them sick is encouraging.

==========
The sound you hear is not me moaning, that is you in the bathroom,humming to the sounds and noises of your bowel movements.
The fact that I and find your humming to those sounds to be sickening should give you reason to pause and consider the putrid mental state of your Atheist Faith.

Cambridge, UK

#118813 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your post where you clearly stated never having claimed to be wise.
If one is unable to claim to be wise , then deductive logic will lead to the conclusion that one is a fool. You are either one or the other.
And it is in your honor that I will post the titles of some of my favorite Fool songs and their meaning.
A Fool such as I.....Those born on April 1
Ship of Fools..... Atheists on a Cruise
Cool Fool.......Atheist who swims outdoors in the dead of winter
Who Will the next Fool be,,,,,,,The next person who deconverts to Atheism
Fools Rush In.......The lines of people waiting to enter an Atheist Church
Chain of Fools..........Atheists holding hands while forming a Line
A Fool no More..........Those Atheists who now believe in God.
The Fool..........Has said in his heart,There is no God
Three Times a Fool...... 1)Those who claim that God does not exist,but are unable to keep their minds from thinking about him
2) Those who do not believe Moses ever existed , but judge him to be a dictator
3) Those who do not believe the events described in the OT occured ,but judge those events to be crimes.
Rant

You've abandoned logic and reason.

Cambridge, UK

#118814 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The sound you hear is not me moaning, that is you in the bathroom,humming to the sounds and noises of your bowel movements.
The fact that I and find your humming to those sounds to be sickening should give you reason to pause and consider the putrid mental state of your Atheist Faith.
Putrid?

This from the guy who believes killing is good.?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118815 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
This posting is intended to demonstrate the inability of atheists to understand why belief in God is not arbitrary , but is required by reason. The uncaused cause
The Bible claims that in the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth , He being the cause for it's creation. The BB states that the Universe was created , but can not tell us what or who caused this creation.
It could not have been created or caused by Nothing since NOTHING does not have the ability to cause or create something.
Therefore we need to identify a plausible preexisting cause for this event to have occured.
That brings up the question of what or whom created that preexisting cause , if x created y then what create d y and if t created y then what created t. and continue on ad infinitum.
That premise is illogical and has to stop somewhere..
At some point in time there has to be something that exists in itself , a necessary being who is uncaused, but is the cause of everything else , The" I am that I am" of which the OT clearly identified thousands of years ago.
That is the being that I believe also created life ,intelligence and consciousness , He himself , being in possession of those properties and being supernatural.
The Atheists will disagree with those beliefs , but that those not invalidate the basis for my beliefs.
Their inability to refute my beliefs , other than to claim they don't believe them to be true, is an excuse and a smoke screen and not a refutation
They have refused to give their plausible explanation for the occurrence of these events because they are
totally unable to do so.
They are committing the fallacy of ascribing the wrong features to the wrong thing. God does not need a creator , he is the creator.
If He is not the creator , then the creator would have to be Nothing or some type of unexplainable accident which no one is able to explain.
Because the Atheists do not believe in God they have locked themselves in a position where they have to explain creation and life by natural means,which they are quite unable to do..
Denials and smokescreens ARE NOT a plausible explanation.
Your Atheist faith rests on an unexplainable foundation which is buttressed by excuses and whining.
Those excuses and whinings have been posted primarily by Duquette , Kraktu and Lodi.
If any dare take up the Challenge of posting their version of an alternative explanation , let them do so.
If you can not , then forever hold your peace.
I see you cannot tell me how this cause is possible. You are simply telling in a variety of ways, why you believe in the cause.

You have locked yourself in a position you cannot explain.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118816 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I read what you wrote and I wrote what you read and yes,you are responsible for what you write
You Stated "I never claimed to be wise. "
Says I , Then you are inversely claiming to be a fool
You stated "Perhaps you think I'm wise?
Says I ,that question indicates that if I think you are wise , I err in my thinkig.
And no, I don't think you are wise..
Fools rush in and their own words convict them
LOL Baka Saru in any language
Curious logic; if you deny making a claim, then you are the opposite of he claim.
And you wonder why we do not respect your logic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118817 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you are to ignorant to understand what was perfectly explained to you is not my problem.
You are the one who tries to run after I've nailed your feet to the ground .
You have nailed no one ,,in spite of your baseless claims.
I've posted several challenges to all you Atheists regarding the basis for my beliefs ,to which none of you have had the courah=ge to respond , not you,Krac , lodi or anyone else.
The challenge has to do with the issue in question , from which you all have been running like jackrabbits with the hounds on their tails.
Just posted it again. Let us see who has the courage or intellect to take up that challenge?
I don't believe it will be you , since you have made incredible efforts to avoid it.
Your nails do not concern me , as their use is limited only to fighting like a girl and you have failed to lay a scratch on me.
L know,you will use my statement to say that it is a diversion, thereby using that as an excuse for not addressing my challenge.
I guess I am providing you with an excuse,as if you were incapable of coming up with one yourself.
comecaca
How can an uncaused cause, be? How can an intelligent designer not need an intelligent designer?
Humans are intelligent designers, and you demand they be explained who designed them, but you do not have this demand for all you feel are intelligent designers.

I understand you do not see the overwhelmingly massive contradiction, and double standards.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118818 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If one is not going to live up to an agreement , one should not agree to it, You have several it is reasonable to think and " I assume" thrown in there based on your opinion on how things should be.
Your opinions are getting tedious.
The people who were killed were responsible for their deaths due to their behaviour.
Obviously you don't agree with that , you don't even believe the event actually occured....So your meaningless griping is irrelevant
But ,here is an idea for ya.
Since you feel so strongly about an incident you do not believe happened and me not wanting you to go through life pizzed off at somenne you don't believe existed, Take your case to the INTL court at the Hague and bring Moses up on Charges.
He ain't alive , maybe you can sue his Estate or the Jewish Nation...Take Kraktu with ya. By his own admission , he is a fool and being as you would be on a fool's mission , he would be the appropriate person to help you lodge your case.
Feel free to call me as a witness who did not witness those events.......
BTW You can find the building that houses the Intl Court It's the building with this Inscription emblazoned on it;
DON'T DO THE CRIME,IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME
It's written in Mosaic
Again with this argument? I am not bothered by Moses, I am bothered by the immoral people who feel killing someone who broke an agreement such as this is not immoral.
How many times must I repeat this? Now show my logic as wrong, as you have yet to do on this.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#118819 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,I am not here to convert those,like yourself , whose only reason for being here is to mock the faith of those who believe in God,as your posting clearly demonstrate.
I do not ask for contributions , I provide them, whether it be through the red cross,the USO ,A Faith based organization or on an individual basis.. I need not talk to you about my Faith,it is beyond your comprehension.
When one posts stupid remarks one may well get the same type of response.
You should keep that in mind.

You would be better suited to continue to provide the needy with charitable contributions than debating with such knowledgeable atheists posters.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118820 Dec 13, 2013
I have another question.... Why would a supernatural, super intelligent god create the tree of life and put it in the center of the garden , then dare adam/eve to take of it or the tree of knowledge of good / evil...... according to the story.... adam and eve did eat of the tree of knowledge and god put them out of the garden b4 they ate of the tree of life, god appears to them both and then says:“Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”, he put them out of the garden.
Ummm , again with the "Us" and furthermore, according to what god said, he put them out of the garden so as to not eat of the tree of life and live forever; but according to the Christian beliefs, don't we live forever anyway? What purpose would hell pose or heaven if we didn't live forever???

Seems contradiction is commonplace in this bible.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118821 Dec 13, 2013
Explain this "Us" that god himself keeps referring to, isn't it the argument of Christians that there is only one god?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#118822 Dec 13, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Explain this "Us" that god himself keeps referring to, isn't it the argument of Christians that there is only one god?
That's easy. They (the religiously handicapped goat herders) could not kill every other mythical being. So when they made up their invisible sky critter they claimed it was the one true delusion and it ruled over the other delusions. If you read the holyhatebible and keep this in mind you will see it. Makes it easier to convert the stupid among US.

Thou shall not worship any other delusions.

“There is no god.”

USA

#118823 Dec 13, 2013
Derka derk derka.

“There is no god.”

USA

#118824 Dec 13, 2013
Did I mention there is no god.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118825 Dec 13, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Did I mention there is no god.
BS!! She was sitting right on the couch - oh, wait - that's the dog. Sorry, curious' lysdexia seems to be congatious.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118826 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you a question. If people argued the existence of unicorns and monsters under beds, and it was at the forefront of the media along with being a belief that could be held by a majority in a society, would arguing against its existence be evident towards actually believing in it? If it is of topic discussion, acknowledging the issue doesn't give merit to believing in it or not. The reason why the issue is commonly debated is because it has been an influential factor in just about every society, it has a noticeable impact on a community and legislation, and simply deviating from a commonly held belief is going to cause issues with others that believe the opposite. You acknowledge the issue or subject, not the existence. I can sit here and argue that there are no Centaurs in existence, but arguing about the existence of the subject is not subconsciously acknowledging the existence of it, now is it?
==========
Says I
If one does not believe in God or Gods and one wants to create or oppose legislation on that basis , that's fine.
In order to do that , you need not have evidence of the existence or nonexistence of God or Gods.
But,that is the basis for much of the discussions that take place here.
Atheists are always asking that God's existence be proven , when they well know that is impossible.
When one provides evidence for one's beliefs, which they are unable to grasp, they opine that one is delusional.
Well , if one does not believe in the existence of God or Gods, why persist in the continuous asking of the same question, which has already been answered , time and again.
What are you looking for? Are you hoping that you will be provided with an answer that will finally convince you of the existence of God or Gods?
If that isn't the reason,then , what is?
If you claim that you don't believe and ask those who believe , the reasons why they believe,which you then reject,but still keep coming back to the same question,because the answer given is not satisfactory to you,
then it is obvious that you are searching for an answer that you will find satisfacory.
You are searching for God
==========
As for the statistics, I know Atheists from other boards that do attend religious services simply for learning different beliefs, or simply because small communities are reliant of it for social interaction. Along with the statistics on that, other people could be hiding their disbeliefs, but since it can determine deviance, they tend to stay within the confines of church so they are not ousted out of a social group, which would more than likely be found in close-knit communities. There are also a larger numbers of contributing factors to that, but attending church isn't determinate of a belief, but it is a good precursor to being identified to having a certain belief
Belief is the real thing we are debating. So sad you cannot understand this very simple concept. No one doubts the beliefs made impacts on human history. Do you think this automatically means the belief is of a real thing?
If so, then I would reject such logic.
The belief in a god caused 9/11. That impacted our country in a pretty large way. Does it mean the god is real?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118829 Dec 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't that a kick where the sun don't shine. You can feel the
supposed hatred in what I post and I can see the real and voluminous ignorance in what you post.
Your Atheist faith has mangled your mind as it is not computing.
Call your nearest janitorial service and have it rewired.
LOL
?so you could not refute the logic, I see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disgraced City School Board Member Resign ? 52 min lol 4
The Specialist would appreciate your Assessment. 1 hr Tastetherainbow 2
Who is Kamden Smith?? 1 hr Bae bae Knicks 6
Who murdered Donnie Wayne Caldwell? 1 hr Well 5
Williams Stop and Go selling to KIDS 3 hr UrPathetic 4
Dairy Queen in Barbourville 4 hr bug man 9
She Got Fired...AGAIN!!! 8 hr The voice 30

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance