Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 130,986

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#118405 Dec 6, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Q it's no time to split hairs, it's Christmas.
Just sayin... A set of keys under the tree to my new Porsche would show a lota love.... The insurance bill for a cuz's ride...not so much...

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118406 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Which part are you laughing off first , you are all azz...as in Jack
You mad bro??? I'm just pointing out the obvious.

laughing my azz off

#118407 Dec 6, 2013
More science wrote:
We need more science and less religion!
The one problem is that some so called Science is in fact religion..

United States of America

#118408 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Which part are you laughing off first , you are all azz...as in Jack
You can't even get an insult correct!

You're pathetic!

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#118409 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
Arrogance and insecurity will lead to delusional thiking.
The supreme being created the universe for you and also died for you?
Sounds like arrogance to me.

As for delusional thinking?

We see that everytime you post.

Genocide is good? Yeah, we've seen that in your posts.

Killing homosexuals is good? Yeah, we've also seen that in your posts.

Freedom of religion is bad? Yup - that's in there too.

Magic and demons are for real? Yes, that as well.

You're so deluded that it's a wonder you don't tell us that you don't only worship your god but you also get to eat him too.

Wait a minute...

United States of America

#118410 Dec 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And before you post your misguided response , I do not have to prove God's existence to anyone as it is not required.
I merely have to believe in God's existence based on the evidence He has provided me,which has been overwhelmingly sufficient.
Yes you do have to prove existence if you're going to state it as an absolute.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>I merely have to believe in God's existence based on the evidence He has provided me,which has been overwhelmingly sufficient.
Wrong again bro, according to your bible, you have to do more than believe, which you failed to recognize or state in your comment above, and you fail to exercise in your everyday life that is evidenced through your post here!

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#118411 Dec 7, 2013
) and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

2 Tim 2:8 (NIV) Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel.

The gospel is a message. It is also referred to in Scripture as a "word", a "doctrine", a "seed", the "good news", "the truth". Because God uses the message of the gospel to reconcile men to himself, it must be taught, heard, understood, believed, confessed and defended.
The Message is That Jesus is The Christ, that He Was Crucified, and Rose Again!

1 Cor 15:1-4 (NIV) Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you have received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

The Message Must Be Taught

Rom 10:14 (NIV) How, then, can they call on one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

The Message Must Be Heard

Rom 10:17 (NIV) Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

The Message Must Be Believed

Heb 4:2 (Phi) For we too have had a gospel preached to us, as those men had. Yet the message proclaimed to them did them no good, because they only heard and did not believe as well.

The Message Must Be Confessed

Rom 10:8-9 (NIV) But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

The Message Is Foolishness To Some, Good News To Others

1 Cor 1:18,21-23 (NIV) For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God... For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles.

The god of this world has blinded the minds of those who do not believe, and prevents the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, the image of God, from shining on them... For we are looking all the time not at the visible things but at the invisible. The visible things are transitory: it is the invisible things that are permanent.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#118412 Dec 7, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
) and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."
2 Tim 2:8 (NIV) Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel.
The gospel is a message. It is also referred to in Scripture as a "word", a "doctrine", a "seed", the "good news", "the truth". Because God uses the message of the gospel to reconcile men to himself, it must be taught, heard, understood, believed, confessed and defended.
1 Cor 15:1-4 (NIV) Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you have received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.
Rom 10:14 (NIV) How, then, can they call on one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
Rom 10:17 (NIV) Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
Heb 4:2 (Phi) For we too have had a gospel preached to us, as those men had. Yet the message proclaimed to them did them no good, because they only heard and did not believe as well.
Rom 10:8-9 (NIV) But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
1 Cor 1:18,21-23 (NIV) For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God... For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles.
The god of this world has blinded the minds of those who do not believe, and prevents the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, the image of God, from shining on them... For we are looking all the time not at the visible things but at the invisible. The visible things are transitory: it is the invisible things that are permanent.
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
I'd like to thank you for posting such beautiful and inspired words.

Before I read your post I was a wretched individual living a miserable existence. I really don't know how I could have got through today without reading your post.

I feel like I have been well and truly uplifted.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#118413 Dec 7, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
) and saying, <editted for nonsense>"
... For we are looking all the time not at the visible things but at the invisible.
I suspect this is your problem.
You want a fantasy.
By doing so, you demean the existance that you have in favor of a delusion.
I am sorry for you. This amazing Life is happening and you are missing it.
Apostle Amber wrote:
The bible writers must have really liked the "morning star" description.
They use to describe both Jesus and Satan. Go figure....
defender

Duluth, GA

#118414 Dec 7, 2013
Atheist here wrote:
I don't see how science keeps pointing away from religion and bible thumpers wont accept the facts! not to mention the 1000's of religions that claim to be correct. bible study should be left in the delusional confines of the church and out of public places where you can shove your idiotic beliefs down the rest of our throats!
The bible is out dude... Been out for a long time now... No religion in schools or government so what's your problem?
Oh things not so hunky dory huh? Wonder why?... And please tell me of these facts of science that point away from religion? Thanks in advance!!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118415 Dec 7, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
http://www.judexjones.com/wp-content/uploads/...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#118416 Dec 7, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible is out dude... Been out for a long time now... No religion in schools or government so what's your problem?
Oh things not so hunky dory huh? Wonder why?... And please tell me of these facts of science that point away from religion? Thanks in advance!!
Yes, it's out but always trying to sneak itself in.

Where to start? ALL OVER AGAIN...!? The creation myth? The flood? The creative editing of the councils and the machinations of the church doctrines?

WTF do you mean, "in advance"? That for >all of this time< you've been ignoring posts and replies? Who could have guessed it?

#118417 Dec 7, 2013
Back a while ago in a bit of chat here where I had said that I didn't necessarily agree with the conventional narrative of mans ascension as stated by the general science and that there was Evidence to support my view... Was sitting around reading a paper on a new dating technique called cosmogenic dating that can now actually directly date stones when they are cut ( http://e-docs.geo-leo.de/bitstream/handle/118... )

When I thought about dropping a piece of what I thought valid evidence of what i had said before (note I said Evidence not Proof because proof is an individual concept..

So first Skulls...

I am fully aware that in the 30's and 40's studies were done on some elongated skulls and the conclusion was they were deformed by wrapping with wood planks to deform the skulls and I fully agree with those findings.... BUT... there are two different skull constructs and the studies Only dealt with deformed skulls and those skulls had the same capacity as a normal skull.. Which would be expected .. if you compress the skull it changes shape of years of compression but the capacity remains the same and the other aspects of the skull remain normal such as jaw size and dentition...

But as seen here and in Many skulls there are major differences that cannot be explained by deformation... First is capacity which is 20 to 25% greater brain size that equivalent normal hominid skull... Second is the Lower jaws are massive in comparison.. Third they have different suture lines in the skull ... And 3rd is that it takes the entire childhood to late teens to slowly deform a skull but as seen here we find child skull just a few years old with fully elongated skulls... and finally the red hair is only found on the larger capacity skulls and the deformation skulls all have black hair which is the norm for South America and the Egyptian areas where other deformed skulls were found...

The question I would ask is what would cause widely separated people a half a world apart to compress their babys skulls for over a decade to deform them ... I could understand it occurring in 1 location as a cultural oddity but we find the skulls in several widely separated regions of the planet from the same time periods...

Could it be that the larger capacity skulls were Natural to a species of hominid that interacted with these other cultures and they tried to duplicate what they had witnessed as these larger brained species traveled the world after the catastrophic event the ended the last ice age...&#65279;

http://youtu.be/jNJq_KSkHiM

http://youtu.be/JnERUZNqwbc

http://youtu.be/MyQl3xedhg8

http://youtu.be/lOSbRCg0B4g

far more interesting that biblical verse...
defender

Duluth, GA

#118418 Dec 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it's out but always trying to sneak itself in.

Where to start? ALL OVER AGAIN...!? The creation myth? The flood? The creative editing of the councils and the machinations of the church doctrines?

WTF do you mean, "in advance"? That for >all of this time< you've been ignoring posts and replies? Who could have guessed it?
The creation myth?... That's scientific evidence?... What about the flood? Again is that scientific evidence against religion ?? Church doctrines? I asked for the evidence that science was disproving religion but as alway with you the failure to understand what you read gets in the way...
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118419 Dec 7, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The supreme being created the universe for you and also died for you?
Sounds like arrogance to me.
As for delusional thinking?
We see that everytime you post.
Genocide is good? Yeah, we've seen that in your posts.
Killing homosexuals is good? Yeah, we've also seen that in your posts.
Freedom of religion is bad? Yup - that's in there too.
Magic and demons are for real? Yes, that as well.
You're so deluded that it's a wonder you don't tell us that you don't only worship your god but you also get to eat him too.
Wait a minute...
You have been posting the same stale nonsense for over 6 months.
Indubidably , you are afflicted by what is commonly known as"Diarrhea of the mouth; constipation of the ideas."

“See how you are?”

Earth

#118420 Dec 7, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The creation myth?... That's scientific evidence?... What about the flood? Again is that scientific evidence against religion ?? Church doctrines? I asked for the evidence that science was disproving religion but as alway with you the failure to understand what you read gets in the way...
Quite simply, the creation story is a myth - just as is Jonah, the flood, the Tower of Babel, the parting of the Red Sea, etc., etc.
The NT was assembled by committee long after the events, and it was edited, embellished and consciously constructed - without any divine guidance necessary or present.
This has all been explored, referenced, discussed, debated and confirmed repeatedly in two dozen threads and each time the religies fall back on "...but, but, but the Bible SAYS...!"
So now you want me to step 'n' fetch reams of data all over again because you ignored it the first 50 times it was presented to you. Good luck with that, Bonzo.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118421 Dec 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not struggle with you or with my mind as it is set on a firm foundation .
The struggle lies with the doubleminded ,their insipid ,unbalanced minds ever trying to determine whether God exists ,while their subconscious tells them otherwise " I don't think God exists but I think there is a possibility that he might exist. Woe be unto me ,is my mind deceiving me or is my subconscious wreaking havoc with my mind. Therefore the search for God continues. Keep seeking and you might find
Make up your mind, are you claiming I am set firm, or double minded?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118422 Dec 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , witless wonder ,my beliefs did not fail me , your mind failed you.
You throw out some lame excuse for which you have no reason to believe. That is called cacafuego.
How do you arrive at an Alien creator or Something else.
What is a something else , other than some lame nonsensical expression.
If you were in a debate and claimed an Alien creator , you would have to explain the basis for that opinion and if you claimed it was "something else" whatever that means , you would be disqualified due to mental deficiency , hallucinating ,under the influence of mind altering drugs , cerebrally incapacitated among many others.
Your halfwit is either misfunctioning or has absconded looking for asylum due to mental malnourishment.
The question was about an atheist looking at the possibility of ID. Now you move the goal post to the point of the atheist claiming ID.

You seem to have a lot of trouble following a debate. Focus.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118423 Dec 7, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ignoramus,Since Atheist Scientists claim that there is no evidence in the natural world for the existence of God,then they would necesssarily believe that God is not needed as a creator of life.
However ,given their total inability to explain how life may have emerged without ID,they are now ,hedging their uncertainty by stating the possibility that Superior beings could possibly have been responsible for creating mankind.
Hitchens ,Dawkins and extremist Atheists on this website,Kraktu and Q have alluded to that possibility.
The problem they are still confronted with is that their hypothesis does not explain who or what created these superior beings.
Ultimately one has to come to grips with the fact that either nonintelligence,nonliving and nonconscious matter is responsible for creating life or that there exists a supernatural intelligent,living and conscious force that is responsible.
This issue has been discussed before and the responses from Atheists has been to beg for more time,millions of years,for Science to hopefully arrive at a solution.
I do not need to wait for a million years in order to confirm what I already believe and you are unable to disprove.
God is the creator and Science has not the slighyest idea as to how life may have been created by accidental means.
I , on the other hand , am not buying into the Science fiction insanity filled hypothesis that lightning struck some primoordial soup billions of years ago and out popped some self replicating cell that started it all.....For which there is absolutely no evidence and which is irrational , unreal and incredible.
The creator can not create properties of which it knows nothing about ,does not posses and is totally lacking in ability to create such.
And before you post your misguided response , I do not have to prove God's existence to anyone as it is not required.
I merely have to believe in God's existence based on the evidence He has provided me,which has been overwhelmingly sufficient.
You need to provide your reasons for believing otherwise ,including how it may be possible for life to have come into being by accidental means.
"The problem is, they still are confronted with is that their hypothesis does not explain who or what created these superior beings."

Yes, you did actually say this, and yet you are confronted with this very problem.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118424 Dec 7, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even get an insult correct!
You're pathetic!
Lodi;

Never enter a battle of wits unarmed.

The problem with your brain is that the wheel is still spinning but the hamster died.

I know you believe we all spring from apes but you didn't spring far enough.

Bang....Bang....Bang

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min Obamas KY Candidate 4,342
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min Jay 153,023
Jessica "Hall" Younger? (Jul '13) 30 min BullSpit 7
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 38 min phil 125
Looking for Billy Mills 40 min depotdirtyear 4
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 46 min Anne52 81,629
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 53 min Limbertwig 70
Henson Hollow 3 hr live in the holler 10
What happened at Stinking Creek? Sep 12 Brenda 87
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••