Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143195 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

duquettes uncle

Ocoee, FL

#118553 Dec 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's straight from the Liars for Jesus playbook. If you are being cornered by reason, the go-to fallback is to divert, distract, deceive, distort, ignore. It's never a bad time to insert a random Bible reference, launch an out of the blue attack on "those atheists", cut and paste some neurotic drivel from a blogger or start a new tirade about Darwin, Dawkins, Hawking or Hitchens.
Isn't it odd that no one has >ever< made the claim that curious' dog wasn't real or that he didn't get him back, but he condemns everyone else's personal experiences and accuses them of lying about them? I'm sensing that he has a deeply conflicted self image.
let us look at the "how I've been cornered by reason" evidence that has been provided me.
1) No evidence has been provided to support the opinion that life can be created by accidental means. Science , in spite of it's manyhours and time , dedicatet to finding a solution , is stumped.
Some Atheists , unable to respond in sensible terms, now are suggesting the possibility that Superior Aliens or something else, as stated by Dukett, may be responsible.
Instead of addressing the issue of how life came into being , I am bombarded with nonsense that is irrelevant.
Why do elephants have short tails , do clouds need an intelligent designer , why do men have nipples?
The statements that I attributed to Hitchens were made by Hitchens, the statements I attributed to Dawkins were made by Dawkins , the statements attributed to Staak Rosch were made by Staak Rosch and the statements attributed to Duketee and Q were made by Dukette and Q.
Obviously you have a problem with those facts , not my fault.
The only" personal experience" that I have mocked,as far as I can remember , is Duketts absurd argument regarding his uncle's funeral. He tried to create an issue where none existed,other than in his mind..... Then tried to justify it with much nonsense for which he could provide no evidence.
As far as my dog,don't care if you believe it or not.
I know the facts and I know the truth, that is all that is important to me.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118554 Dec 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I never claimed anything of the sort....please learn reading comprehension.
Your assertion is,,,,, that your intelligent designer{god} needs no design/designer I then asked you....If your designer needs no design, then why does other things, I then gave an example of that which needed no design e.g. clouds!
Honestly, are you this stupid that every post must be broken down and explained to you on a child-like level?
It is a bit tedious.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118555 Dec 9, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist are by far the most afraid people of all... I stop by topix every now and then just to kill downtime at work and debate a bit... Not you guys!!
Nope your here 24/7 day after day having the same arguments... That's how atheist are! They always start the fight and never let up even when everyone has had enough... Religion dominates their lives...
You failed to show us as being afraid.
Are you trying to say our posting on topix means we are afraid?
Try using complete sentences.
You do know, Christians here talk about atheism every day. Does that mean they are dominated by atheism?
Your logic fails. Sounds like Curious.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118556 Dec 9, 2013
duquettes uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
Foolish one , The congregation of Jews that came out of Egypt agreed to the terms of the commandments ,as you well know.
Those are the ones that count.
And I haven't provided an excuse for my beliefs , that is your Atheist misguided imagination deceiving you again.
The Unbelievers in that group posed a threat to the well being of the congregation . They agreed to the commandments issued by God beforehand.
After they violated the commandments they were given the opportunity to REPENT . They did not.
They were a cancer that was starting to grow and had to be removed for the wellbeing of all.
If they could not withstand the ordeal,as you are attempting to imply, they should not have agreed to it ,they could have chosen to go back to Egypt and did not
They knew the rules , agreed to the rules and knew the punishment that would be inflicted if the rules were violated.
They were given the opportunity to repent and did not.
They were the cause of their own deaths...
If you can't do the time , don't do the crime...
Wise advice to those who are not fools
Did you cut and paste this from Mein Kampf?

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118557 Dec 9, 2013
duquettes uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
If so ,how is it possible for that which does not posses those properties somehow conceived a way to create the most incredibly designed machine in the world.
How can nonintelligence,nonconscious and nonliving create something that it is totally unequipped to conceive?
Lodi, I do not deviate , I merely mock the lack of intelligence contained in your questions.
Clouds and how they are formed have nothing to do with my belief in ID"GOD".
That is the issue that you Atheists are unable to cope with and attempt to run away from by introducing Superior alien beings , the formation of clouds and other excuses.
My God is the uncausable cause . Let me go over that with you for the umpteenth time.
If there ever was Absolutely Nothing, there would still be Absolutely Nothing today. Since there is something that means that Absolutely Nothing never existed. If it ever did, you wouldn't be here reading this right now. Absolutely Nothing would still be here.
So there was never a time when Absolutely Nothing existed. Therefore, there has always been something. But what?
Was it nonintelligent,nonliving nonconscious matter . If so , how was it able to attain the opposite of those nonproperties of it's own accord?
That topic and the impossibility of how that could be possible has been covered and you have not been able to refute it's validity.
Those are the issues that I raised and you, Dukett ,Kraktu , Chroe and Q have run away from.
Show me the evidence , not excuses and irrelevant details.
My faith is not based on the size of an Elephants tail , why men have nipples or any of your other lame excuses.
Stop throwing up smokescreens and deal with the topic of how we attained life,intelligence and consciousness.
That is the 900 poung gorilla that none of you are able to contend with ,silly boy.
And, as I have said repeatedly, If Science is ever able to design the formula for the creation of life , they will only prove that which many disavow, that life needs no creator , that it all happened as a result of some unexplained accident ,billions of years ago, who knows where or when.
Hold on Scooter!! YOU were the one that stated that INTELLIGENCE and DESIGN must be present in order to create.
Now that I have proven that neither Intelligence nor Design must be present in order to create you now divert again by saying " Clouds and how they are formed have nothing to do with my belief in ID"GOD". You make absolute statements and when asked to explain, you cannot, either you lack the ability to defend , or there is no evidence to support such a claim!
Again.... I've never questioned your "beliefs" I question your sanity. When you state your 'beliefs' as absolutes, I then have a problem, especially when you provide no proof or evidence of said absolutes
duquettes uncle wrote:
<quoted text>how is it possible for that which does not posses those properties somehow conceived a way to create the most incredibly designed machine in the world.
If the argument were valid, it could equally be argued that, in every case where a machine's origin can be determined, the machine is made by humans, and therefore all life is man-made.

Many machines occur in nature without the involvement of intelligence or, indeed, of any kind of life.
Inclined planes, perhaps the simplest type of machine, are ubiquitous on earth. Functions include causing waves to break and making it easier for animals to climb heights
duquettes uncle

Ocoee, FL

#118558 Dec 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So Moses accounts for a few hundred years BCE. No matter how slice it, the bible does not have your god showing the way for tens of thousands of years humans have been around as is.
I see you could not muster up the words yourself, and had to run find someone else to debate Hitchens.
Either way, you failed to account for the massive time span Hitchens spoke of.
It still reeks of a man made god.
I went to a more knowledgeable source . Said source pointed out many of the inconsistencies in Hitchens statement,including his attempting to attribute to Christianity that which is not part of Christian belief . I do believe that can be termed as intentionally misleading .
To you.it may reek as a man made God , but what can one expect from one who is willing to attribute the possibility of the creation of mankind to some unknown and unexplainable Alien species or as you stated" something else.
You have avoided dealing with the meaning of that Sometging Else
or who these Alien species are,where they came from and where are they now..........And, since you are inferring that they are mere mortals with superintelligence , who created them?
Science fiction and lunacy in a chaotic mind is a wonder to behold.. Senseless and incomprehensible.
I'd really be interested in knowing more about these Aliens and particularly curious about this "Something Else" you have a definition for that?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#118559 Dec 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If religious freedom is a crime in your book, then your book is immoral. I do not care if you claim they agreed on it or not, it is still immoral.
Just as many agreements signed today are not worth the paper they are written upon.
If the people were endangered due to religious freedom, so what? If they cannot deal with religious freedom and the dangers it poses, then they are not worthy of much in my book, much less being helped by some god.
The problem proves your god is not capable of really helping them, or is fair and moral.
What it shows is, the story is of barbaric people who have yet to learn of what is good about religious freedom.
The things I hear from your crowd show me on a regular basis, they do not really understand religious freedom. I guess your barbaric book is not helping in this respect.
Great post

Curious thinks that people who exercise freedom of religion warrant the death penalty.

He has no morals worth speaking of.
duquettes uncle

Ocoee, FL

#118560 Dec 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on Scooter!! YOU were the one that stated that INTELLIGENCE and DESIGN must be present in order to create.
Now that I have proven that neither Intelligence nor Design must be present in order to create you now divert again by saying " Clouds and how they are formed have nothing to do with my belief in ID"GOD". You make absolute statements and when asked to explain, you cannot, either you lack the ability to defend , or there is no evidence to support such a claim!
Again.... I've never questioned your "beliefs" I question your sanity. When you state your 'beliefs' as absolutes, I then have a problem, especially when you provide no proof or evidence of said absolutes
<quoted text>
If the argument were valid, it could equally be argued that, in every case where a machine's origin can be determined, the machine is made by humans, and therefore all life is man-made.
Many machines occur in nature without the involvement of intelligence or, indeed, of any kind of life.
Inclined planes, perhaps the simplest type of machine, are ubiquitous on earth. Functions include causing waves to break and making it easier for animals to climb heights
Hey,Idiot on wheels , I have stated time and again that ID"GOD" is needed to create life .....
You and the other atheists have been unable to dispute that and choose to introduce irrelevant and nonsensical issuesinto the conversation. Clouds are not intelligent,conscious or living, neither are inclined planes.
Your inability to deal with the issues causes you to HAVE to inject nonsense into the topic discussed and claim that if my argument were valid your nonsencical examples would also apply.
The issue is, How is it possible that life can be created by accidental means. Stop running from the topic , it is causing you to become mentally tired , delusional and imcomprehensible,,,much more than you normally are.....

Your faith has placed you in a sinking ship,you are drownig , your lifelines are in tatters and your lifeboats have no bottom.

Nottingham, UK

#118561 Dec 9, 2013
nahbkoon wrote:
<quoted text>intelligence is not anthropomorphic. it can come in an infinite number of forms.
why is it that a scientist studies rocks if not for their intelligence?
Rocks have intelligence?

Well, I guess some of the Christians in here probably think they don't measure up to rocks in the intelligence stakes.

Nottingham, UK

#118562 Dec 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did you cut and paste this from Mein Kampf?
I was thinking along similar lines.
takshaka

Manchester, KY

#118563 Dec 9, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Rocks have intelligence?
we learn all types of things from rocks.

learn being the keyword and understanding how the information/intelligence is constructed and how to extrapolate from it.

plant intelligence

http://www.linv.org/

http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/te...

United States of America

#118564 Dec 9, 2013
duquettes uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,Idiot on wheels , I have stated time and again that ID"GOD" is needed to create life .....
You and the other atheists have been unable to dispute that and choose to introduce irrelevant and nonsensical issuesinto the conversation. Clouds are not intelligent,conscious or living, neither are inclined planes.
Your inability to deal with the issues causes you to HAVE to inject nonsense into the topic discussed and claim that if my argument were valid your nonsencical examples would also apply.
The issue is, How is it possible that life can be created by accidental means. Stop running from the topic , it is causing you to become mentally tired , delusional and imcomprehensible,,,much more than you normally are.....
Your faith has placed you in a sinking ship,you are drownig , your lifelines are in tatters and your lifeboats have no bottom.
Let me help you out here Curious
....DESIGN AND CREATION OF LIVING THINGS REQUIRE INTELLIGENCE

that is what you said emphasizing with all caps. Stop changing your position and answer the questions addressed to you!
You claimed that there had to be intelligence in order to create....I showed with examples that is not the case....you still fail to refute this.
duquettes uncle wrote:
<quoted text>Your inability to deal with the issues causes you to HAVE to inject nonsense into the topic discussed and claim that if my argument were valid your nonsencical examples would also apply.
You are the one running from the questions, you're STILL running now with yet another diversionary tactic making it look like I'm the one not dealing with the issues....
Hey Idiot..... it's clear who is refusing to answer questions. JUST ANSWER the question or admit you cannot.
Here's the questions again for your convenience If your god needs no designer/creator to create it....then why does other things need a design{er}/creator to create them?
2} You claim Intelligence must be present in order to create....I gave examples of not so much intelligence being noted on several aspects of the human being....basically proving not a great deal of thought was in that design.
duquettes uncle

Ocoee, FL

#118565 Dec 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If religious freedom is a crime in your book, then your book is immoral. I do not care if you claim they agreed on it or not, it is still immoral.
Just as many agreements signed today are not worth the paper they are written upon.
If the people were endangered due to religious freedom, so what? If they cannot deal with religious freedom and the dangers it poses, then they are not worthy of much in my book, much less being helped by some god.
The problem proves your god is not capable of really helping them, or is fair and moral.
What it shows is, the story is of barbaric people who have yet to learn of what is good about religious freedom.
The things I hear from your crowd show me on a regular basis, they do not really understand religious freedom. I guess your barbaric book is not helping in this respect.
Based on your Atheist point of view,I can understand your position that the agreement they reached should have meant nothing to those who agreed to it.
After all , it's common among those who live according to their human desires.
Those whose morals and values are based on their personal desires and human nature do not believe that they should be held to their word.
Obviously you agree that one's word should not be relied on.
As an Atheist You find that to be honorable , I do not.
based on that set of nonvalues that you subscribe to as your foundation , the rest of your unscrupulous anlysis ,based on your human nature is declared null and void.
The wellbeing of the entire congregation is of much more importande than the unreliable word of unbelievers.
They got what was coming to them due to their calloused behaviour of putting their corrupt desires above that of the general good.
You don't have to agree with that,it matters not to me what you may or may not beliece.
But here you go again, you don't believe in God or Moses, yet you accuse them of heinious crimes....
And again,I repeat,why do you continue debating something you claim never existed?
But, what can one expect from someone who,unable to make a case for the creation of life by accidental means, therefore having to take the position that possibly, mankind was created by Intelligent aliens or possibly " Something Else".

A chaotic mind in a state of lunacy is to be pitied

Nottingham, UK

#118566 Dec 9, 2013
takshaka wrote:
<quoted text>
we learn all types of things from rocks.
learn being the keyword and understanding how the information/intelligence is constructed and how to extrapolate from it.
plant intelligence
http://www.linv.org/
http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/te...
Sure we can learn things from studying rocks. After all, that's what petrologists do.

United States of America

#118567 Dec 9, 2013
Again. for the umpteenth time... It is not us making such claims as God did it.... So therefore it is your obligation to provide the proof of your position....Since you are making the claim, the burden of proof lies with YOU!

Just as in a Court Case, it is not the objective of the Defense to provide proof of innocence or guilt, instead the burden of proof lies with the prosecution!
duquettes uncle

Ocoee, FL

#118568 Dec 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you out here Curious
....DESIGN AND CREATION OF LIVING THINGS REQUIRE INTELLIGENCE
that is what you said emphasizing with all caps. Stop changing your position and answer the questions addressed to you!
You claimed that there had to be intelligence in order to create....I showed with examples that is not the case....you still fail to refute this.
<quoted text>
You are the one running from the questions, you're STILL running now with yet another diversionary tactic making it look like I'm the one not dealing with the issues....
Hey Idiot..... it's clear who is refusing to answer questions. JUST ANSWER the question or admit you cannot.
Here's the questions again for your convenience If your god needs no designer/creator to create it....then why does other things need a design{er}/creator to create them?
2} You claim Intelligence must be present in order to create....I gave examples of not so much intelligence being noted on several aspects of the human being....basically proving not a great deal of thought was in that design.
Since you keep running and hiding ,while claiming not to,
Let us put it in simplistic terms.

Can the effect be greater than the cause?
If Yes then how If no then why not.
The question is open to you and all the other foolish ones who have failed to grapple with the question of how life came into being.
And,ignorant as you are , you still had to understand that clouds and the other examples you gave are nonliving.
If you are able to , stop thinking with your (*) LOL
Sorry , I may be asking too much from you and the other irrational and illogical atheists that infest this website

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118569 Dec 9, 2013
duquettes uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
let us look at the "how I've been cornered by reason" evidence that has been provided me.
1) No evidence has been provided to support the opinion that life can be created by accidental means. Science , in spite of it's manyhours and time , dedicatet to finding a solution , is stumped.
Some Atheists , unable to respond in sensible terms, now are suggesting the possibility that Superior Aliens or something else, as stated by Dukett, may be responsible.
Instead of addressing the issue of how life came into being , I am bombarded with nonsense that is irrelevant.
Why do elephants have short tails , do clouds need an intelligent designer , why do men have nipples?
The statements that I attributed to Hitchens were made by Hitchens, the statements I attributed to Dawkins were made by Dawkins , the statements attributed to Staak Rosch were made by Staak Rosch and the statements attributed to Duketee and Q were made by Dukette and Q.
Obviously you have a problem with those facts , not my fault.
The only" personal experience" that I have mocked,as far as I can remember , is Duketts absurd argument regarding his uncle's funeral. He tried to create an issue where none existed,other than in his mind..... Then tried to justify it with much nonsense for which he could provide no evidence.
As far as my dog,don't care if you believe it or not.
I know the facts and I know the truth, that is all that is important to me.
There is NO evidence whatsoever of Yhwhdiditwithmagic, but there is ample evidence that organic chemistry is real and that greater complexity can and does arise from natural conditions and processes.
None of the statements you ridicule were offered as statements of fact, merely hypothetical "what ifs" which are every bit as (or even more) probable as the humanoid immortal, omniscient, omnipotent creator god - which Xtians DO emphatically aver is fact, along with the events described in the Bible which also possess no trace of being real.
It is your practice to voice doubt and ridicule of every bit of personal information provided by non-believers on this thread. Go ahead and deny it again - dishonesty is also your practice.
There was nothing at all absurd about MD's accounting of his relative's funeral service. It is obvious from the telling that the priest was oblivious to the widow's feelings and sensibilities, and that instead of composing the service according to the needs and considerations of the deceased and his family, he conducted it only according to his own. As I said before, funeral services are held to aid closure for the living - not the deceased. I'll add that they are CERTAINLY NOT to provide a stage for the preacher.
The facts are supremely unimportant to you, and your "truth" is evidenced in your attitude of complete disgust toward objectivity.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#118570 Dec 9, 2013
duquettes uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to a more knowledgeable source . Said source pointed out many of the inconsistencies in Hitchens statement,including his attempting to attribute to Christianity that which is not part of Christian belief . I do believe that can be termed as intentionally misleading .
To you.it may reek as a man made God , but what can one expect from one who is willing to attribute the possibility of the creation of mankind to some unknown and unexplainable Alien species or as you stated" something else.
You have avoided dealing with the meaning of that Sometging Else
or who these Alien species are,where they came from and where are they now..........And, since you are inferring that they are mere mortals with superintelligence , who created them?
Science fiction and lunacy in a chaotic mind is a wonder to behold.. Senseless and incomprehensible.
I'd really be interested in knowing more about these Aliens and particularly curious about this "Something Else" you have a definition for that?
Just a reminder... If God existed, by Definition, he would be an Extraterrestrial Alien ..... And you could not distinguish a difference between a technologically advanced Extraterrestrial Alien and a God.....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#118571 Dec 9, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we can learn things from studying rocks. After all, that's what petrologists do.
Well I wish one of them suckers would explain to me how some of those stones were surface vitrified after being cut and made into buildings and weighing in at tons upon tons and found at sites around the globe...

United States of America

#118572 Dec 9, 2013
You have been making these claims since the beginning of you're commenting on this thread. I and others have asked you to simply provide proof of those absolutes. I've yet to see that proof.
I've asked you questions relating to your absolute claims in hopes to get an answer....to no avail, still unanswered. I think it is I who is asking way too much. It's obvious you cannot answer these simple questions. All you've done is answer my questions with questions....idiot.

As I said before, if you were moving any slower, you'd be moving backward!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox county hospital 6 min Noname 3
Home wreckers 15 min really 7
Prayers for Clerk Kim Davis 27 min Stnd4Gsus 4
Drug dealing by G.R.HAMPTON SCHOOL 1 hr Hedge 9
Cindy Kay Mills Ambach 2 hr Fed Up 1
Indictments 3 hr Lpn 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 3 hr No Repub 727
Sixty minutes asking questions about Knox court... 4 hr lost my faith 20
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 9 hr Daniel 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages