Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 153531 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Mount Vernon, KY

#118611 Dec 9, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The working biological brain... That arose from nothing at all... Amazing huh?
Just for the record, There is no such thing as Nothing....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118612 Dec 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, Q. Kozmic Konzciouznezz might be programming a virtual voodoo doll with your moniker on it...
"Eye of neutron and ToE of frog,..."
With push pins...some staples, a shredder...a really sharp pencil and mehbe some tin foil hats coded in?(like what should be awarded to the current code of the american communist act website...)
Msg

Philippines

#118613 Dec 10, 2013
Many interpretatios
borlung

Williamsburg, KY

#118614 Dec 10, 2013
Paula-Deen wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to be the opposite for past Christians that have completely abandoned their faith and later criticized the works in the Bible...[/QUOTED]i was never a christian and idolatry is strictly forbidden.

the clothes do not make man, or woman in your case

[QUOTE who="Paula-Deen"] <quoted text>Also, mindlessly citing Bible versus only aids to the point that you are clearly lost in meaningless interpretations that cannot amount to much in this proposition.[/QUOTED]ad hominems are never points of logic.

all prophets are sent. jesus was nothing but another prophet. another son of god, from OUR Father.

[QUOTE who="Paula-Deen"] <quoted text>You might want to work on your sentence structure in order to help form a coherent and concise argument or comment towards my posts and others, so we can be clear as to what you are trying to state and your intentions; not to say that you need to be perfect in syntax to give merit to your argument, but I'd like to get a good gist of what people are saying before I can actually go into discussing whatever it is that they stated.
u'll get the point eventually.

Revelation 2:20
Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication(idolatry), and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

transubstantiation is a lie. christianity is a cult of personality.
the personality(ego) doesn't survive.
jormungandr

Williamsburg, KY

#118615 Dec 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies. On which item did I err? I can guess - it was the peyote rituals, wasn't it? I suppose that went out of vogue when people stopped reading Castaneda. So what is it these days? Mescaline? Psilocybin? I do hope y'all aren't still licking toads... are you?
transference of belief.
cernunnos

Williamsburg, KY

#118616 Dec 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for the record, There is no such thing as Nothing....
before your wonderful western institutionalized science the buddhist, the hindu, the kabbalist, the gnostic, et al all knew of the no thing from which all things emanate.
coi coi vilu

Williamsburg, KY

#118617 Dec 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, Q. Kozmic Konzciouznezz might be programming a virtual voodoo doll with your moniker on it... The next thing you know you'll wake up wearing skins and riding a lizaard beest in some online game.
"Eye of neutron and ToE of frog,..."
character assassinations don't make the logic. it justs exemplifies the illogical, disturbed mind.

slinging feces is generally considered low brow.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118618 Dec 10, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The working biological brain... That arose from nothing at all... Amazing huh?
Nothing at all seems to be your goto response to questions. If you were actually interested in the subject any deeper than that, I wouldn't expect you to frequent the ID sites.
coi coi vilu

Williamsburg, KY

#118619 Dec 10, 2013
Paula-Deen wrote:
<quoted text>
That seems to be the opposite for past Christians that have completely abandoned their faith and later criticized the works in the Bible...
Also, mindlessly citing Bible versus only aids to the point that you are clearly lost in meaningless interpretations that cannot amount to much in this proposition. You might want to work on your sentence structure in order to help form a coherent and concise argument or comment towards my posts and others, so we can be clear as to what you are trying to state and your intentions; not to say that you need to be perfect in syntax to give merit to your argument, but I'd like to get a good gist of what people are saying before I can actually go into discussing whatever it is that they stated.
one last thought for u. i'm not a past christian. in your foolishness you worship the begotten above the Uncreated Creator.

knowledge is power with more science(knowledge) comes more suffering(struggling). you know the tree(man) by its fruit(labor)
hercules born of a woman and a god.

take up "your" cross and follow me. the winds of change are coming.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118620 Dec 10, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect this is your problem.
You want a fantasy.
By doing so, you demean the existance that you have in favor of a delusion.
I am sorry for you. This amazing Life is happening and you are missing it.
<quoted text>
The bible writers must have really liked the "morning star" description.
They use to describe both Jesus and Satan. Go figure....
"This amazing Life is happening and you are missing it."
This makes me question... Why are you here?
Go forth, and enjoy your Amazing life!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118621 Dec 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Back a while ago in a bit of chat here where I had said that I didn't necessarily agree with the conventional narrative of mans ascension as stated by the general science and that there was Evidence to support my view... Was sitting around reading a paper on a new dating technique called cosmogenic dating that can now actually directly date stones when they are cut ( http://e-docs.geo-leo.de/bitstream/handle/118... )
When I thought about dropping a piece of what I thought valid evidence of what i had said before (note I said Evidence not Proof because proof is an individual concept..
So first Skulls...
I am fully aware that in the 30's and 40's studies were done on some elongated skulls and the conclusion was they were deformed by wrapping with wood planks to deform the skulls and I fully agree with those findings.... BUT... there are two different skull constructs and the studies Only dealt with deformed skulls and those skulls had the same capacity as a normal skull.. Which would be expected .. if you compress the skull it changes shape of years of compression but the capacity remains the same and the other aspects of the skull remain normal such as jaw size and dentition...
But as seen here and in Many skulls there are major differences that cannot be explained by deformation... First is capacity which is 20 to 25% greater brain size that equivalent normal hominid skull... Second is the Lower jaws are massive in comparison.. Third they have different suture lines in the skull ... And 3rd is that it takes the entire childhood to late teens to slowly deform a skull but as seen here we find child skull just a few years old with fully elongated skulls... and finally the red hair is only found on the larger capacity skulls and the deformation skulls all have black hair which is the norm for South America and the Egyptian areas where other deformed skulls were found...
The question I would ask is what would cause widely separated people a half a world apart to compress their babys skulls for over a decade to deform them ... I could understand it occurring in 1 location as a cultural oddity but we find the skulls in several widely separated regions of the planet from the same time periods...
Could it be that the larger capacity skulls were Natural to a species of hominid that interacted with these other cultures and they tried to duplicate what they had witnessed as these larger brained species traveled the world after the catastrophic event the ended the last ice age...&#65279;
http://youtu.be/jNJq_KSkHiM
http://youtu.be/JnERUZNqwbc
http://youtu.be/MyQl3xedhg8
http://youtu.be/lOSbRCg0B4g
far more interesting that biblical verse...
Oh great!
Beldar Conehead from Remulac.... LOL
Funny... you dismiss the inca stones depicting man riding dinos...
Unktehila

Williamsburg, KY

#118622 Dec 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A "near death experience" (emphasis on NEAR) does not take place without neural activity. Speculation regarding consciousness and self awareness has been ongoing since the first witch doctor, and yet my statement survives intact. There is no evidence that intelligence/consciousness occurs without a working biological brain. I have no issue with investigating psychics', spiritualists' and palm readers' claims, but if you wish to legitimize them under the cloak of scholarly pursuits, I believe you are living some 70-80 years past your time.
sorry but these near deaths were clinically dead. if we can't trust, western scientist to know what dead is, why should we trust them to know anything else?

http://www.ted.com/talks/mark_roth_suspended_...

http://labs.fhcrc.org/roth/

so we know that people can actually die and then some how be revivified and not lose any memory. in fact, they will experience memories that are more vivid than the one's experienced while conscious to this 3rd density reality.

this same principle can be done by advanced yogis and lamas using samadhi dhyana.

truth is stranger than ac clarke could ever imagine.

so a return from death is possible. western science has repeated what the eastern science has been doing for thousands of yrs. once the breath is suspended and oxygen is no longer available to the body. it goes into a suspended animation. a certain level of oxygen is needed by the body to dissolve.

your western science does it by introducing a chemical compound to the entity. eastern science does it by simply using the mind.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#118623 Dec 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"This amazing Life is happening and you are missing it."
This makes me question... Why are you here?
Go forth, and enjoy your Amazing life!
You will have to be more specific.
Why am I here?
Here?....as in Alive? There is no reason or purpose. Life simply is.
Here?....as in a Topix chatroom discussing? It's fun and educational.

Btw, I am enjoying my Life.
There is more ...ummm, how to say it. I guess....EVERYTHING than I could ever have imagined.
So much to experience, to learn, to feel, to see, to do....
A hundred thousand lifetimes would not be enough to encompass it all.

Yet you waste your time desiring an imaginary existance.
You think you deserve better.
How sad.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118624 Dec 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No YaA, she wasn't proving anything about the scrawlings on ancient skins. She was posting about the >real< people believing in fantasies and delusions in the here and now.
Proverbs 1

1:1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
1:2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of
understanding;
1:3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment,
and equity;
1:4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge
and discretion.
1:5 A wise [man] will hear, and will increase learning; and a
man of understanding shall attain to wise counsels:
1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words
of the wise, and their dark sayings.
1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge:[but]
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
1:8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not
the law of thy mother:
1:9 For they [shalt be] an ornament of grace to thy head, and
chains about thy neck.

Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118625 Dec 10, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Three years?
That'll put curious right.
He probably thinks you've been here for nine years.
That is almost the stupidest post you've made, as
I posted on this site from almost the second day it was out!
How could Curious think it was 9?
Oh... I get it... you was just being silly!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118626 Dec 10, 2013
Former Faux news watcher wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you have to blame liberals? Do you think that liberals are not Christians? The conservatives are the ones that has sent this country to the crapper. Remember we were in the black when little bush took over.
"Do you think that liberals are not Christians"
No... not really!
You cannot follow Christ, and even THINK it's ok to fornicate, and murder the results!
You might want to check your history on this, as even the word
"Conservative" means not spending our grandchildren into debt!
Obama has doubled our debt... that's MORE than ALL the POTUS's to date!
Even Obama said it was Un-American to do so, and guess what???
Just one of MANY of his lies ON RECORD!
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118627 Dec 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, keep religious nuts away from buttons and WMDs.
Tell that to Muslims in Iran!
We on the other hand have no need of a button...
You guys will do it first!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#118628 Dec 10, 2013
coi coi vilu wrote:
<quoted text>character assassinations don't make the logic. it justs exemplifies the illogical, disturbed mind.
slinging feces is generally considered low brow.
Do not be so naive as to believe there is not pseudoscience peppered among scholarly institutions.
Consciousness, self awareness, imagination, intelligence, creativity, empathy, ego, id, superego, telepathy, precognition, telekinetics, clairvoyance, ghosts, souls, spirits, angels, gods... where does your yearning to learn stop and the yearning to imagine and believe begin?
Are we living in an illusion as in the Matrix? Do we bud, grow and become reabsorbed by a celestial overmind/community? Perhaps our realities are holographic and we exist in all time and all places - perhaps you are me and I am curious and we are everyone, role playing in a great loop. Maybe existence is fractal, and our 'being' is infinitely nested, nested, nested... Perhaps our awareness is the result of quantum effects, far beyond our knowledge and far beneath our scrutiny - or maybe 'thought' doesn't exist in this time/space at all, and only the effects bleed over to this dimension. Maybe I am not real, and you are the Dreamer of all in your Universe.
You can play the game of "what if" to your "hearts' content". I am disinterested.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#118629 Dec 10, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 1
1:1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
1:2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of
understanding;
1:3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment,
and equity;
1:4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge
and discretion.
1:5 A wise [man] will hear, and will increase learning; and a
man of understanding shall attain to wise counsels:
1:6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words
of the wise, and their dark sayings.
1:7 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of knowledge:[but]
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
1:8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not
the law of thy mother:
1:9 For they [shalt be] an ornament of grace to thy head, and
chains about thy neck.
No YaA, she wasn't proving anything about the scrawlings on ancient skins. She was posting about the >real< people believing in fantasies and delusions in the here and now.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118630 Dec 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Bible was written by Satan. Prove me wrong, YaA.
Isaiah 53, and John 3:16, Luke 2, just a couple!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's afraid of big bad Jeff 28 min Football fan 3
KC FOOTBALL/Scotty Russell is a Joke 50 min Only in Knox 11
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 3 hr Sheryl81 69
What do bed bugs look like ? 3 hr poater 4
Brenda n Dannie 4 hr adver 1
Union going under? (Apr '13) 5 hr weird 53
Happy Halloween women of Knox County (Oct '15) 6 hr bigdickrick 21

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance