Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,449

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118367 Dec 6, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
You're acting like a vulture that is circling waiting to feed on the losing side of the debates.
There is no debate, just your mental midgetry of pretending there is.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118368 Dec 6, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your dictionary out and try it again.
If you wish me to look up a word, try identifying said word, moron.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118369 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you simple minded little twit.... you claim he answered your prayer because you were diligently seeking him, in other words.... these little children apparently were not diligent enough for their prayers to be answered.
You're an Idiot! You refuse to answer simple questions truthfully because you know your house of cards will implode within itself if you do.
Just like your ID argument... it's so full of holes it should be called the Swiss cheese theory.
You are what one would use as a blueprint to build an idiot.
I can only vouch for my personal experiences , not anyone elses.
Your question is not simple,it simply emanates from a simple and confused mind , as I have no way of knowing the circumstances that you are alluding to or how God may respond to them.
One can device questions that appear intelligent to the foolish,and only the foolish will attempt to answer them.
I will make no such an attempt.
And don't forget , In the land of the witless , the halfwit is King , Your Royal highness ,Sir

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118370 Dec 6, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas, but i have a question for Christians. Why is Santa Claus used in this celebration when you know it is a lie. Is that not teaching future generations of children to lie.
Does not the bible teach that all liars will go to hell fire?
Then who keeps putting presents under my tree? Just have faith my friend.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118371 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are what one would use as a blueprint to build an idiot.
I can only vouch for my personal experiences , not anyone elses.
Your question is not simple,it simply emanates from a simple and confused mind , as I have no way of knowing the circumstances that you are alluding to or how God may respond to them.
One can device questions that appear intelligent to the foolish,and only the foolish will attempt to answer them.
I will make no such an attempt.
And don't forget , In the land of the witless , the halfwit is King , Your Royal highness ,Sir
In other words Curious.........You refuse to answer on the grounds that your analogy was completely shot down, and you have no rebuttal!
I accept your concession
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118372 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And as most all theists do, they tend not to entertain the idea of any other god other than the one of their parents.
Fact is, you just admitted to how closed minded you are to the idea of god/gods.
So as you struggle to try and convince us we should believe in your god, just remember how closed minded you are to others.
I do not struggle with you or with my mind as it is set on a firm foundation .

The struggle lies with the doubleminded ,their insipid ,unbalanced minds ever trying to determine whether God exists ,while their subconscious tells them otherwise " I don't think God exists but I think there is a possibility that he might exist. Woe be unto me ,is my mind deceiving me or is my subconscious wreaking havoc with my mind. Therefore the search for God continues. Keep seeking and you might find
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#118373 Dec 6, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no debate
You're admitting you are just troll. Thanks for the info, I already suspected that. Godisaneyeball, really!!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118374 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yaeh ,yeah ,yeah , proclaim yourself the winner after your ignorance
was dismantled.
My Knuckles are still bleeding after you smashed them with you face.
So you proclaim yourself as the winner? How very hypocritical of you. You really have no idea what hypocrisy is, do you?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#118375 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Then who keeps putting presents under my tree? Just have faith my friend.
Point well taken. I suspect someone who loves you.

United States of America

#118376 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I have concluded the main ingredient for religious belief is having double standards.
Not to mention an inability to deviate from their close-minded views.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118377 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claimed an atheist could not believe in ID due to not believing in gods. I showed how your logic fails, as it need not be a god creator, it could be an alien creator or something else. You failed to rebut all that. If you run from a debate, you lose.
Now either show my logic as flawed, or you got nothing, fool.
Hey , witless wonder ,my beliefs did not fail me , your mind failed you.
You throw out some lame excuse for which you have no reason to believe. That is called cacafuego.
How do you arrive at an Alien creator or Something else.
What is a something else , other than some lame nonsensical expression.
If you were in a debate and claimed an Alien creator , you would have to explain the basis for that opinion and if you claimed it was "something else" whatever that means , you would be disqualified due to mental deficiency , hallucinating ,under the influence of mind altering drugs , cerebrally incapacitated among many others.
Your halfwit is either misfunctioning or has absconded looking for asylum due to mental malnourishment.

United States of America

#118378 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ignoramus,Since Atheist Scientists claim that there is no evidence in the natural world for the existence of God,then they would necesssarily believe that God is not needed as a creator of life.
However ,given their total inability to explain how life may have emerged without ID,they are now ,hedging their uncertainty by stating the possibility that Superior beings could possibly have been responsible for creating mankind.
Hitchens ,Dawkins and extremist Atheists on this website,Kraktu and Q have alluded to that possibility.
The problem they are still confronted with is that their hypothesis does not explain who or what created these superior beings.
Ultimately one has to come to grips with the fact that either nonintelligence,nonliving and nonconscious matter is responsible for creating life or that there exists a supernatural intelligent,living and conscious force that is responsible.
This issue has been discussed before and the responses from Atheists has been to beg for more time,millions of years,for Science to hopefully arrive at a solution.
I do not need to wait for a million years in order to confirm what I already believe and you are unable to disprove.
God is the creator and Science has not the slighyest idea as to how life may have been created by accidental means.
I , on the other hand , am not buying into the Science fiction insanity filled hypothesis that lightning struck some primoordial soup billions of years ago and out popped some self replicating cell that started it all.....For which there is absolutely no evidence and which is irrational , unreal and incredible.
The creator can not create properties of which it knows nothing about ,does not posses and is totally lacking in ability to create such.
And before you post your misguided response , I do not have to prove God's existence to anyone as it is not required.
I merely have to believe in God's existence based on the evidence He has provided me,which has been overwhelmingly sufficient.
You need to provide your reasons for believing otherwise ,including how it may be possible for life to have come into being by accidental means.
To assume a single designer is to conceptually unify an abundance of phenomena (meaning all the objects that are designed) without any real or sufficient justification for doing so. Positing that a designer or designers are responsible for those phenomena which we do not believe can be explained by "natural" causes, is to provide an explanation which raises a series of unanswerable questions about this hypothetical designer(s)(e.g. who designed the designer/s and where did it/they come from?) and discourages further scientific inquiry into those matters which have been explained away by the invocation of intelligent agency. Such an explanation, of course, is no explanation at all.
Why would an intelligent designer(s) design?
Contending that an intelligent agent might be motivated by the desire for a "vicarious experience" and "to see what [it] can come up with" is to equate that same agent by ascribing to it human motives.
To assert that the universe (or even just certain objects or animals) are intelligently designed, is not only to assert an understanding of what intelligent design looks like and entails, but is to claim an understanding of what non-design and/or unintelligent design looks like, and also to be able to tell the difference between them using what will undoubtedly be arbitrary criteria. Therefore, ID is not a legitimate scientific theory, but the exact opposite: a purely speculative hypothesis whose breathtaking ambiguity serves not to advance understanding, but to stifle it by suggesting the unknowable and the untestable as an explanation for natural phenomena.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118379 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words Curious.........You refuse to answer on the grounds that your analogy was completely shot down, and you have no rebuttal!
I accept your concession
Ignorance can not be rebutted to the satisfaction of the ignorant.
You sound much like Custer at the Little Big Horn , informing Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse that he accepted their unconditional surrender.
Arrogance and insecurity will lead to delusional thiking.
Like I said before, You are the perfect blueprint for anyone desiring to create an idiot
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118380 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you proclaim yourself as the winner? How very hypocritical of you. You really have no idea what hypocrisy is, do you?
No ,I declared your face the winner , it busted 2 of my knuckles when it smashed my fist.
yes,I know what hypocricy is. I confront it each time I read a posting by an Atheist....none excluded , If it isn't hypocricy , then it will be based on nonsense...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#118381 Dec 6, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Point well taken. I suspect someone who loves you.
Would that not depend on the present left?

United States of America

#118382 Dec 6, 2013
Curious, I await your explanation - How could you possibly determine whether the universe is intelligently designed when you have no other universe with which to compare it? Indeed, what would a non-designed universe look like? Or, what would an unintelligently designed universe look like?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#118383 Dec 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that not depend on the present left?
C'mon Q it's no time to split hairs, it's Christmas.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118384 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
To assume a single designer is to conceptually unify an abundance of phenomena (meaning all the objects that are designed) without any real or sufficient justification for doing so. Positing that a designer or designers are responsible for those phenomena which we do not believe can be explained by "natural" causes, is to provide an explanation which raises a series of unanswerable questions about this hypothetical designer(s)(e.g. who designed the designer/s and where did it/they come from?) and discourages further scientific inquiry into those matters which have been explained away by the invocation of intelligent agency. Such an explanation, of course, is no explanation at all.
Why would an intelligent designer(s) design?
Contending that an intelligent agent might be motivated by the desire for a "vicarious experience" and "to see what [it] can come up with" is to equate that same agent by ascribing to it human motives.
To assert that the universe (or even just certain objects or animals) are intelligently designed, is not only to assert an understanding of what intelligent design looks like and entails, but is to claim an understanding of what non-design and/or unintelligent design looks like, and also to be able to tell the difference between them using what will undoubtedly be arbitrary criteria. Therefore, ID is not a legitimate scientific theory, but the exact opposite: a purely speculative hypothesis whose breathtaking ambiguity serves not to advance understanding, but to stifle it by suggesting the unknowable and the untestable as an explanation for natural phenomena.
Given that this is a cutn paste , I need you to explain it in YOUR OWN WORDS to see if you understand it. IDIOTA
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#118385 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Curious, I await your explanation - How could you possibly determine whether the universe is intelligently designed when you have no other universe with which to compare it? Indeed, what would a non-designed universe look like? Or, what would an unintelligently designed universe look like?
Q has a interesting postulate if you're nice to him maybe he will share it with you.
More science

Paris, KY

#118386 Dec 6, 2013
We need more science and less religion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 20 min Circus trainer 13
who will you vote for as jailer 1 hr bad 63
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 1 hr Curiouswonderer 2
Illegal coon hunting going Davis bend road 3 hr jason 11
Allen Messer Dying of Lung Cancer? 7 hr Twilight Ebola 10
Mayor candidate Gary Williams Trash Talking oth... 9 hr remember the teller 41
Corbin's alchol sales bring in another big busi... 10 hr fixthis 6
who got arrested at bville walmart? 13 hr gator 6
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 16 hr love to know 6
Barbourville Dating