Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158184 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Misi kinepikw

Williamsburg, KY

#118575 Dec 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I wish one of them suckers would explain to me how some of those stones were surface vitrified after being cut and made into buildings and weighing in at tons upon tons and found at sites around the globe...
the same way that people can levitate.

http://www.lawofone.info/

1.5 Questioner: Could you give me a little more detail about your role with the Egyptians?

Ra: I am Ra. The identity of the vibration Ra is our identity. We as a group, or what you would call a social memory complex, made contact with a race of your planetary kind which you call Egyptians. Others from our density made contact at the same time in South America, and the so-called “lost cities” were their attempts to contribute to the Law of One.

We spoke to one who heard and understood and was in a position to decree the Law of One. However, the priests and peoples of that era quickly distorted our message, robbing it of the, shall we say, compassion with which unity is informed by its very nature. Since it contains all, it cannot abhor any.

When we were no longer able to have appropriate channels through which to enunciate the Law of One, we removed ourselves from the now hypocritical position which we had allowed ourselves to be placed in. And other myths, shall we say, other understandings having more to do with polarity and the things of your vibrational complex, again took over in that particular society complex.

Does this form a sufficient amount of information, or could we speak further?
duquettes uncle

Winter Garden, FL

#118576 Dec 9, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
If I were on "Team Creationist" I would take the role of Donald Trump and tell "Curious" you're fired!
On the other hand.....his ignorance and childish behavior and rants promotes further evidence to those that are 'unsure' that evolution is provable!
evolution is testable! evolution is plausible! evolution is tangible!
Another nail in Curious coffin is his rude, unscrupulous behavior which isn't indicative of true christens, and they will not want to be associated with the likes of him.
What's sad is Curious is now shunned in both camps!
Well , you are not on Team Creationist , you are on A Chain of Fools , composed of very weak links. You claim that my behaviour is not indicative of beinfg a TRUE CHRISTIAN, thereby implying that those who follow the teachings of Christ should be admired and held in high esteen because of their beliefs. Yet you refuse to adhere to Our Lord's teachings.
Your nonsensical statement that I am shunned in both camps is based on your inability to refute my beliefs and the fact that my scathing comments are causing you anguish and pain.
I am more than proud to be shunned by Atheists , especially the fools who post on this website.
Any insults or other disparaging remarks posted about me by Atheists , I wear as a badge of Honor.
My scathing remarks about Atheists , on the other hand, cut to your heart and mind like a two edged sword ,more painful than a physical wound.
You say I am acting childish....You gonna put me on ignore?
As you promised.
But then again , your word may be meaningless, Dukett would be in complete agreement that one need not keep his word
Gitaskog

Williamsburg, KY

#118577 Dec 9, 2013
duquettes uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , you are not on Team Creationist , you are on A Chain of Fools , composed of very weak links. You claim that my behaviour is not indicative of beinfg a TRUE CHRISTIAN, thereby implying that those who follow the teachings of Christ should be admired and held in high esteen because of their beliefs. Yet you refuse to adhere to Our Lord's teachings.
Your nonsensical statement that I am shunned in both camps is based on your inability to refute my beliefs and the fact that my scathing comments are causing you anguish and pain.
I am more than proud to be shunned by Atheists , especially the fools who post on this website.
Any insults or other disparaging remarks posted about me by Atheists , I wear as a badge of Honor.
My scathing remarks about Atheists , on the other hand, cut to your heart and mind like a two edged sword ,more painful than a physical wound.
As you promised.
But then again , your word may be meaningless, Dukett would be in complete agreement that one need not keep his word
Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

colossians 3:11

idolatry of a begotten thing is verbotten

john 21:15 lambs = christs

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/Lexicon/L...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118578 Dec 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a reminder... If God existed, by Definition, he would be an Extraterrestrial Alien ..... And you could not distinguish a difference between a technologically advanced Extraterrestrial Alien and a God.....
Science sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic, eh?
Not to be mean, but some religies got lost when science advanced beyond marking on a lump of clay with a sharpened bone.
Weewillmekq

Williamsburg, KY

#118579 Dec 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Science sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic, eh?
Not to be mean, but some religies got lost when science advanced beyond marking on a lump of clay with a sharpened bone.
knowledge sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.

the MIND is everything, infinite, eternal, boundless.

das ist strovo pop

duquettes uncle

Winter Garden, FL

#118580 Dec 9, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did you cut and paste this from Mein Kampf?Foolish one , The congregation of Jews that came out of Egypt agreed to the terms of the commandments ,as you well know.
Those are the ones that count.
And I haven't provided an excuse for my beliefs , that is your Atheist misguided imagination deceiving you again.
The Unbelievers in that group posed a threat to the well being of the congregation . They agreed to the commandments issued by God beforehand.
After they violated the commandments they were given the opportunity to REPENT . They did not.
They were a cancer that was starting to grow and had to be removed for the wellbeing of all.
If they could not withstand the ordeal,as you are attempting to imply, they should not have agreed to it ,they could have chosen to go back to Egypt and did not
They knew the rules , agreed to the rules and knew the punishment that would be inflicted if the rules were violated.
They were given the opportunity to repent and did not.
They were the cause of their own deaths...
If you can't do the time , don't do the crime...
Wise advice to those who are not fools
Naaaah , That is my interpretation of the events that occured in the OT, clearly spelled out and by which I stand 100%.
Your view that people should not be held responsible for their actions and that once one gives one's word , they are entitled to violate it at will,even to the detriment of others ,speaks to a low standard of values , morals and ethics...That may be the Atheist way , not mine.
They were given the opportunity to be forgiven.They refused.
Don't do the crime ,if you can't do the time.
Your trying to create excuses in order to defend their sinful behaviour is not acceptable.
Your opinion and that of Krac that I am against religious freedom is based on your insistence not to differentiate the conditions under which this event took place.
I have no cure for yours or his obtuseness. Not my problem.
anyhow , you claim there was no Moses ,so,much like the issue with your uncles funeral , you are creating an issue where none exists , only in your mind

“See how you are?”

Earth

#118581 Dec 9, 2013
duquettes uncle wrote:
<quoted text>
As you promised.
The facts remain the same and your behavior remains the same. You accost everyone else without warrant and for what you do not perceive as indistinguishable from your own actions, then stand on the robe of "the Lord" as though your self important delusions honored it.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#118582 Dec 9, 2013
Weewillmekq wrote:
<quoted text>knowledge sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
das ist strovo pop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-u0qqmuCv2oXX
Wireless Power Transfer

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
olobit

Williamsburg, KY

#118583 Dec 9, 2013
the INFINITE I that I AM

ahmi yat ahmi

tat tvam asi

ehyeh asher ehyeh

pythagoras lived with the essenes of mt. carmel

Since: Dec 13

Richmond, KY

#118584 Dec 9, 2013
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
Yes, because every Atheist has never read the Bible and if so, they would all be converted without any arguments being stated or any questions asked, and everyone would just conform to the social norm. Everyone knows Atheist are only Atheists because they've never heard of the Bible! Boy, imagine using that tool on dem Iraqistanians!

I hope to whatever God you subscribe to that you can't be serious about anything that was just stated or anything that you stated. There's a perfectly good reason we have established separation of church and state, and the main reason for it is so the state cannot establish any organized religion, and this includes public schools too. Schools are not the place to praise any God(s), nor the place to teach their own version of their beliefs to the youth. The only thing I've witnessed is the fact that it makes other students uncomfortable when they are explicitly emphasizing or glorifying a specific religion with support of other classmates, while other students may not subscribe to that specific religion or any religion at all, which is enough merit to completely abolish praising or subscribing to any religion in a school setting. It only creates a fine line of discrimination against different belief systems, and tensions with other peers, as I've had myself when a teacher approached the situation in a more organized manner than what you're proposing. No student wants to be singled out due to their beliefs or lack thereof, and inviting religion into the public school system is only going to amplify discriminatory ideals and opinions towards others; they shouldn't feel subdued over it, point blank.

As for it being used for "good", you might want to read assess your own moral guide and try not to pick and choose whatever appeals to your bigotry. There are infinitely more abhorrent platitudes in the Bible than there are morals being presented in a humanitarian and respectful manner; it's quite disgusting actually that a God can kill upwards of a million people over his own opinions or beliefs, and still managed to get praised; nothing more of a dictator if you ask me. Religion has polluted aspects of our society, or it has been a plea to the marks made against humanity in general, and stating that it is a tool for good is misleading as is your ideas that someone can be converted at a whim of a Psalm being read aloud. Satan, which is to be believed as the antagonist in the Bible is fallaciously misrepresented in the Bible with vague tales about his abhorrent nature, while he actually had a lower death count as compared to God, which they were typically all sanctioned by God (downwards of 13 people killed by God, and the majority was sanctioned by God too).

People choose to use their knowledge for good or evil, and the Bible is typically used as a plea to justify the means of their own insecurities or bigotry, and has accounted for disgusting acts caused by men, but in the name of sanctity. Human rights are even denied under false pretenses of the Bible, so in that light, it seems it is a catalyst for people to commit crimes against humanity and to use it as their own self-absorbed and excuse that they think merits as justification.

Keep your religion within the confines of your church walls, that's what churches are for. I find it hypocritical that religious institutions complain that society is pushing their beliefs onto them, while they are trying to infiltrate society as well.

Simply stated, your idea is highly misguided and laughable, and riddled with your own intentions and pursuits.

Good try!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#118585 Dec 9, 2013
Weewillmekq wrote:
<quoted text>knowledge sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic.
das ist strovo pop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-u0qqmuCv2oXX
Sorry, I don't have any musical "appreciation" for pop.

I was referencing a Sir A.C. Clarke quote, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." I doubt you'll find his writings in your local new age bookstore, try a library.
piasa

Williamsburg, KY

#118586 Dec 9, 2013
brnenski

Williamsburg, KY

#118587 Dec 9, 2013
Paula-Deen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, because every Atheist has never read the Bible and if so, they would all be converted without any arguments being stated or any questions asked, and everyone would just conform to the social norm. Everyone knows Atheist are only Atheists because they've never heard of the Bible! Boy, imagine using that tool on dem
if every christian would read the bible then they would they not be converted from idolatry.

is it not written in your law, thou shall not have any god besides I?

the INFINITE I that I AM?

John 4:14
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
zimitra

Williamsburg, KY

#118588 Dec 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't have any musical "appreciation" for pop.
I was referencing a Sir A.C. Clarke quote, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." I doubt you'll find his writings in your local new age bookstore, try a library.
there is nothing new under the sun. same old theme being sold as a new scheme.
lagarfljotsormur inn

Williamsburg, KY

#118589 Dec 9, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Wireless Power Transfer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =r1UT4NuygmQXX
wireless power transfer

2 Kings 2:9

9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.

and again

Matthew 3:16
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

and again

Revelation 14:1
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

72,000 nadis x 2 = 144,000

http://www.subtleanatomy.com/Nadis.htm

“See how you are?”

Earth

#118590 Dec 9, 2013
zimitra wrote:
<quoted text>there is nothing new under the sun. same old theme being sold as a new scheme.
http://www.faktoider.nu/openmind_eng.html
amaru

Williamsburg, KY

#118591 Dec 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
a brain isn't necessary for a mind - consciousness.

all that is needed is electro-magnetic impulses.

which is the fundamental basis for all the universe.

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” albert einstein.

shocking isn't it?

thor

like lightening flashing from east to west; so is the coming of the son of man.

Psalm 97:4
His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.

http://www.astrobio.net/interview/2111/bacter...
ananta

Williamsburg, KY

#118592 Dec 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
the brain is nothing more than a lightening rod, electromagnetic transmitter/receiver to convert the 5 sensing organs into machine language and to convert bakc..

knowledge is power

sound vibration OM

“See how you are?”

Earth

#118593 Dec 9, 2013
amaru wrote:
<quoted text>a brain isn't necessary for a mind - consciousness.
all that is needed is electro-magnetic impulses.
which is the fundamental basis for all the universe.
“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” albert einstein.
shocking isn't it?
thor
like lightening flashing from east to west; so is the coming of the son of man.
Psalm 97:4
His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.
http://www.astrobio.net/interview/2111/bacter...
There is no evidence that intelligence/consciousness is independent of a working biological brain. Since you mention it, I don't have to go far to cite examples where even working biological brains don't seem to conjure much more of it than a microbe, either.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#118594 Dec 9, 2013
ananta wrote:
<quoted text>the brain is nothing more than a lightening rod, electromagnetic transmitter/receiver to convert the 5 sensing organs into machine language and to convert bakc..
knowledge is power
sound vibration OM
Aren't you the one who was spamming for a date on another thread? Turn ons: Babbling brooks, cliches, peyote rituals, sacred tomes, Karl Jung, wind chimes and dandelion wine - right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy mills Johnny smith 13 min hot mom 11
looking 45 min to rent 1
Working for the state, at Knox Central High Sch... 1 hr I am confused 1
County cops and wymt tv news 1 hr Wondering 10
Ashley Judd is F@@@ing stupid 1 hr True dat 3
Anyone know 3 hr Lol 9
jail tracker 3 hr mad dog 1
Knox closed for flood 4 hr Dan 4
Fancy people in D.C. 4 hr joan 16

Barbourville Jobs