Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147225 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#118352 Dec 6, 2013
For since in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

---------- God Loves ----------

For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written,

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.

Where is the one who is wise?

Where is the scribe?

Where is the debater of this age?

Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118353 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??? Do Tell? No connection
No no no No red herring.... Just pointing out your Double Standards ..... When it's convenient for your god to be present, he is...... Then when applying the same omnipresent god to other events, he then becomes the absent landlord.
Your god was involved in the finding of your dog, yet failed to get involved in stopping the raping of innocent children? or stopping 911?
This is Your argument that Your god answered your prayer and your dog was delivered to you...but that same god refused to answer the prayers of those innocent children being raped....Again.... This is what you said....So I ask you, are you and your dog more important than these innocent children?
Perhaps you're just so darn special, that your god took a liking to you and discarded those children as unimportant when compared to you and your dog.
Hey , El Estupido,That is your erratic argument based on the vegetative state of mind by which you and other Atheists are afflicted
If you diligently seek me,you will find me and your prayers will be answered.....
That is what I did and that is what I claim.
I did not pray for 911 nor for children to be raped. There is no relationship between the two , other than your attempt to mislead and toss out red herrings and smokescreens....
Your excuses have already proved how unreliable your opinions are as evidenced by your own writings,which contradicted that which you claimed you did not write,but did.
what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#118354 Dec 6, 2013
Apostle Amber wrote:
For since in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.
---------- God Loves ----------
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written,
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.
Where is the one who is wise?
Where is the scribe?
Where is the debater of this age?
Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.
Yeah, yeah....Yahweh hates facts. We've heard that.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#118355 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
It is known that humans need some self denial, and the belief in god aids this denial. If one is to hard on himself, it can lead to undue stress.
All humans are in a bit of denial. If we did not ignore what many people thought of us, we would be seriously depressed.
None of this means god is real. And their are other ways to be of a healthy mind. Not that the delusion of god is really all that healthy. It may relieve some stress, but it can cause other problems.
I see the pattern religious propaganda is focusing upon.
Humans appear to need irrational beliefs; at least the religious know their beliefs are based on faith instead of pretending its enlightenment or science.

I don't share your world view, Mike. Most religious people I know are impressive arguments for their faith. I try not to offend the faith beliefs of others unless they are advocating taxing fossil fuel to mitigate catastrophic climate change.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118356 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right , the unnamed Atheist Scientist is not thinking,like most atheists,he is hallucinating,shades of Timothy O'leary....
Nice diversion from me crushing your whole whinny problem.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118357 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , El Estupido,That is your erratic argument based on the vegetative state of mind by which you and other Atheists are afflicted
If you diligently seek me,you will find me and your prayers will be answered.....
That is what I did and that is what I claim.
I did not pray for 911 nor for children to be raped. There is no relationship between the two , other than your attempt to mislead and toss out red herrings and smokescreens....
Your excuses have already proved how unreliable your opinions are as evidenced by your own writings,which contradicted that which you claimed you did not write,but did.
what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us?
Hey you simple minded little twit.... you claim he answered your prayer because you were diligently seeking him, in other words.... these little children apparently were not diligent enough for their prayers to be answered.
You're an Idiot! You refuse to answer simple questions truthfully because you know your house of cards will implode within itself if you do.
Just like your ID argument... it's so full of holes it should be called the Swiss cheese theory.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118358 Dec 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe that despite overwhelming contrary evidence in a veritable tsunami of data, a humanoid God creating the unfathomable enormity of the universe in 6 days some 6-10,000 years ago and taking a personal interest in a select tribe of primitive sheep herders is not "irrational, unreal and incredible." Have you been skipping your meds again?
As is your custom,you again commit a monumental error in assuming the basis for my faith , which has nothing to do with what you posted.
I have never thought of God as being a humanoid. That is a figment of your vacuous imagination.
What is irrational ,unreal and incredible to me is the incomprehensible opinion of malignant minds that subscribe to the view that life , intelligence and consciousness can be created by lightning striking some unknown primordial soup many billions of years ago in some unspecified location.
If that were true , it would mean that the creator,with no known abilities , was able to create that which it could not even begin to imagine because it did not posses the wherewithal to do so.
Now,that which was created,alive conscious and intelligent , is not able to create that which deaf,dumb ,nonconscious and nonliving was able to accomplish

The atheists problem lies in the fact that it's opinions are forever enveloped in a miasma of apathy and intellectual hebetude,

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118359 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Lodi , stop your incoherent foolishness in attempting to explain that which you are mentally unable to comprehend.
We do not Think we are serving the Right God , We BELIEVE we are serving the Right and only God.
That those of other Faiths think they are serving the right God is not our problem , since our faith is not based on what they think.
Since we believe in one God , we do not and will not admit to there being other Gods.
Since we believe the true God has provided us with the evidence we need in order to believe in him , there is no need for us to even contemplate the possibility that we could be wrong.
Although that should be simple to comprehend , your simple mind is quite unable to grasp it.
We are not doubleminded as many atheists seem to be.
You think there is no God of Gods ,but you leave open the possibility that that there might be one or many Gods.
That makes you of 2 xinds ,doublemined.
And therefore, you expect that we as BELIEVERS,should be doubleminded also. WRoNNNNNNG analysis arrived at by a doublemined individual
And as most all theists do, they tend not to entertain the idea of any other god other than the one of their parents.
Fact is, you just admitted to how closed minded you are to the idea of god/gods.
So as you struggle to try and convince us we should believe in your god, just remember how closed minded you are to others.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118360 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Nice diversion from me crushing your whole whinny problem.
Yaeh ,yeah ,yeah , proclaim yourself the winner after your ignorance
was dismantled.
My Knuckles are still bleeding after you smashed them with you face.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118361 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us see if we can finally put this horse out of its misery.
Let us look at the facts that you have not provided.
Time, date and place where these events took place.
Witnesses to this event; ,an unknown ,unidentofied and unnamed "COUSIN" who nobody knows.
Imagined wrongs that were likely committed against some of those in attendance , that, according to your opinion.
I need go no furthet.
If you brought charges against the priest that performed the funeral services in a court of law , you would likely be charged with mental incompetence and remanded to the nearest mental facility... and if such was not to be found ,they would lock you in a closet till you recanted.
BANG, the horse is dead Bang Bang he is double dead....NEXT
Do you need evidence of what I heard in order for you to comment on my opinion?
Fact is, you clearly think a comment as such is fine to make. It matters not if the whole event was fabricated for your opinion to be this way, as it matters not if it happened for my opinion.
See how this works moron?
I ask again, how can you know what they felt? You are the idiot who actually claimed what another felt without asking.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118362 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yaeh ,yeah ,yeah , proclaim yourself the winner after your ignorance
was dismantled.
My Knuckles are still bleeding after you smashed them with you face.
You claimed an atheist could not believe in ID due to not believing in gods. I showed how your logic fails, as it need not be a god creator, it could be an alien creator or something else. You failed to rebut all that. If you run from a debate, you lose.
Now either show my logic as flawed, or you got nothing, fool.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118363 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ignoramus,Since Atheist Scientists claim that there is no evidence in the natural world for the existence of God,then they would necesssarily believe that God is not needed as a creator of life.
However ,given their total inability to explain how life may have emerged without ID,they are now ,hedging their uncertainty by stating the possibility that Superior beings could possibly have been responsible for creating mankind.
Hitchens ,Dawkins and extremist Atheists on this website,Kraktu and Q have alluded to that possibility.
The problem they are still confronted with is that their hypothesis does not explain who or what created these superior beings.
Ultimately one has to come to grips with the fact that either nonintelligence,nonliving and nonconscious matter is responsible for creating life or that there exists a supernatural intelligent,living and conscious force that is responsible.
This issue has been discussed before and the responses from Atheists has been to beg for more time,millions of years,for Science to hopefully arrive at a solution.
I do not need to wait for a million years in order to confirm what I already believe and you are unable to disprove.
God is the creator and Science has not the slighyest idea as to how life may have been created by accidental means.
I , on the other hand , am not buying into the Science fiction insanity filled hypothesis that lightning struck some primoordial soup billions of years ago and out popped some self replicating cell that started it all.....For which there is absolutely no evidence and which is irrational , unreal and incredible.
The creator can not create properties of which it knows nothing about ,does not posses and is totally lacking in ability to create such.
And before you post your misguided response , I do not have to prove God's existence to anyone as it is not required.
I merely have to believe in God's existence based on the evidence He has provided me,which has been overwhelmingly sufficient.
You need to provide your reasons for believing otherwise ,including how it may be possible for life to have come into being by accidental means.
Did you just really say the super-being must have an explanation of how it was to be created?
I await your answer to how your god/super-being was created....

Your double standards fail you.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118364 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>In case you have not noticed, we are concerned about the tenants that are not decent. Case in point, YaA comparing homosexuals to Hitler and him thinking calling people retarded is the way of Jesus.
Now back to your non single standards.
Get your dictionary out and try it again.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118365 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
What I can't get past is your ignorance , and your ignorance of your double standards!
I have concluded the main ingredient for religious belief is having double standards.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118366 Dec 6, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians have no problem describing their god by using human standards. Omnipotent, loving, good, just, omniscient, etc. All human words used to describe something we are told is way beyond human.
This is never more so when something good happens. Then you'll hear Christians saying "God is good" or words to that effect. They have no problem at all in describing their god by using human notions of goodness and love.
However, when something bad happens..say the sexual assault and murder of a six-year old girl, they jump ship and those human notions so readily used before will suddenly evaporate. Rather than say their god is not good, they'll say something like "God must have his reasons" or "Who are we to understand what God does?".
It's pigeon chess again. From being fully aware of what their god does when things are good, they instantly lose that awareness when things are bad. They also lose the ability to describe the actions/inaction of their god in human terms.
It's a cop out and it's also dishonest; yet the only people they're fooling are themselves.
It is a clear double standard. I conclude it takes double standards to believe in a god. At least in this day of information.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118367 Dec 6, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
You're acting like a vulture that is circling waiting to feed on the losing side of the debates.
There is no debate, just your mental midgetry of pretending there is.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118368 Dec 6, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your dictionary out and try it again.
If you wish me to look up a word, try identifying said word, moron.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118369 Dec 6, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you simple minded little twit.... you claim he answered your prayer because you were diligently seeking him, in other words.... these little children apparently were not diligent enough for their prayers to be answered.
You're an Idiot! You refuse to answer simple questions truthfully because you know your house of cards will implode within itself if you do.
Just like your ID argument... it's so full of holes it should be called the Swiss cheese theory.
You are what one would use as a blueprint to build an idiot.
I can only vouch for my personal experiences , not anyone elses.
Your question is not simple,it simply emanates from a simple and confused mind , as I have no way of knowing the circumstances that you are alluding to or how God may respond to them.
One can device questions that appear intelligent to the foolish,and only the foolish will attempt to answer them.
I will make no such an attempt.
And don't forget , In the land of the witless , the halfwit is King , Your Royal highness ,Sir

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118370 Dec 6, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas, but i have a question for Christians. Why is Santa Claus used in this celebration when you know it is a lie. Is that not teaching future generations of children to lie.
Does not the bible teach that all liars will go to hell fire?
Then who keeps putting presents under my tree? Just have faith my friend.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#118371 Dec 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are what one would use as a blueprint to build an idiot.
I can only vouch for my personal experiences , not anyone elses.
Your question is not simple,it simply emanates from a simple and confused mind , as I have no way of knowing the circumstances that you are alluding to or how God may respond to them.
One can device questions that appear intelligent to the foolish,and only the foolish will attempt to answer them.
I will make no such an attempt.
And don't forget , In the land of the witless , the halfwit is King , Your Royal highness ,Sir
In other words Curious.........You refuse to answer on the grounds that your analogy was completely shot down, and you have no rebuttal!
I accept your concession

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,183
John Laten Johnson 3 hr Justcurrious 5
Setting the record straight. 10 hr Messedup 11
single mothers 10 hr finallydidbutever... 4
Give to the church 11 hr Jose 2
Pepsi Delivery Man 12 hr Hoza 3
Fake Jose is ruining my life! 12 hr Jose 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages