Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,633)

Showing posts 112,641 - 112,660 of128,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now , I am not a Scientist , nor am I a fool,nor do I have access to his hypothesis or methodology,but , he is very specific regarding an event that no one witnessed ,nor is there any way of duplicating.
What is the meaning of
"A genetic accident experienced by an invertebrate sea animal, about 500 million years ago"
What evidence is there that this event happened?
What is meant by a "Genetic Accident"
"led to extra copies of brain genes being made."How does an unspecified Genetic Accident ,lead to more genes being made?
These extra genes benefited the sea animal's descendants, leading to behaviorally sophisticated vertebrates, including humans"
How does the above lead to " behaviorally sophisticted vertebras ,including humans.
Moreover , that does not identify what was the causing agent for intelligence.
So ,my statement still stands , Neither Science or evolution can
explain how we attained life,intelligence and consciousness by natural means.
Atheist Scientists claim that ID is not needed for the creation of these properties,yet,they are attempting to create that which they claim does not need a creator.
If they succeed , they will only prove how wrong they were.
Why in the world would you think all believers in science are in agreement with this one scientist you keep quoting? I have yet to see anyone here agree with him, yet you keep expecting us to defend his hypothesis as if it were an idea that was the consensus of the scientific community.

You really don't know how this science thing works, do you?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, the part I felt was uncalled for anyway.
The rest of my post, was personal philosophy.
You failed to refute his statement. You simply condemned it.

I guess I feel "calling someone out" means more than just condemning.

My hope for this thread is to have debates that have substance. If you cannot show reason or logic as to what you feel is wrong, then you don't have much at all. You are simply preaching, and this preaching is getting old.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
With the info you provided ,Dukett is to busy eating his words ,got no room for hamburgers.
Hey ,ya need some ketchup and relish. I'll email you some.
LOL
Look at the hypocrite claiming a victory for himself.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
1. "Now please explain how my uncles wife would have detracted from wishing the best for her husband if she was insulted by the comment?"
That's not what I said, reread the post. False statement number one.
2." Seems to me, by your reasoning, she is not allowed to feel insulted, no matter how insulting a comment towards her might be."
That's not MY logic at all either, it's YOURS. False statement number two.
3."I see you still could not identify any false statements I made. Talk about condemning out of nothing.
False statements identified.
4. Guess you just needed something to hate on. How ironic."
I too however, did say that, just as you just did. I wouldn't consider it as anything ironic, but rather more along the lines of just more simplistic, parrot-brain level, squawk, blather and redundant repeat.
Duhmmy.
So what was detracted by what? I guess I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.
Maybe I was distracted by the parrot brained squawking you spew with every post.
Guess I am not good at Yoda-speak.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh, thought it was your cousin's wife that you felt the priest had insulted?
(Pay attention kids--telegraph...telephone... teleDUHMazz!)
My cousin was in agreement with me that the comment seemed to insult her religious beliefs.
Why would it insult him, as the comment was not directed at him? It did not insult me, as it was not directed at me. I simply found the comment to be insensitive to the grieving widow. It is my opinion, and you nor anyone on your team has shown a single reason the comment was not insensitive.

I have explained this every which way I can. I am not using Yoda-speak or Spanish. I am using plain words with no riddles.
Now your constant diversions only show you got nothing but hate.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying your concern wasn't justified, enough for you to have even heresy comment about it to start with?
Just provide your statement and answer the question, just not with another diversionary, low level, pea brain tacTic question.
I have answered that question several times. Now when are you going to explain how her agreeing to a Catholic service matters to insulting comments?
I guess you feel the comment was not insulting, so you feel this is some sort of trick question. I am not trying to trick you. I have been as open about this as I can be.
Lets say you did agree an insulting comment was made by the priest, would it matter that the widow agreed to a Catholic service?

I will answer your question yet again, because I am not scared as you clearly are.
I have no idea if she agreed to the Catholic service or not.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
By your ILLogic, that would be like entering into a NE Patriots football locker room after a game loss, expecting everything to smell like roses and not expecting to see a football somewhere or hear some cussing going on.
And it doesn't resolve the pedophelia of some certain college football coaches either....no matter what blind sports idiots think.
DUHDUH ignostuff DUHmmy.
Oh, I fully expected the priest to say something stupid, and he delivered. Now why do you keep acting as if he did not?
Why do you expect me not to make note of it? I will not be stifled like the many thousands of raped children.
Please end this culture of silence. It is not healthy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't take that hypothesis to be a statement of truth. From the explanation given, I take it as a statement of nonsense and I spelled out the reasons for my opinion in what I posted.
I know there are other hypothesis ,but , the fact is that neither Science or evolution has the slightest legitimate clue as to how it is possoble to attain intelligence ,consciousness and life by natural means " accidental means".
I know how Atheists like to sneak in the word" Magic" and Magic has nothing to do with my Faith and Beliefs.
The Bible also has a hypothesis " If you seek me diligently , you will find me" Seek ye first The Kingdom of God and all it's righteousness and all these things will be added on to you.
Seek and ye shall find , Ask and it will be given , knock and the door will be opened.
Those are the hypothesis that I tested for myself and found them to be true and accurate.
That is the basis for my faith and beliefs ,and has nothing to do with magic,wishful thinking or anyone else's faith , including that of my parents.
Ok, some people feel the hypothesis's science has for life and intelligence is plausible, you do not. Some people feel the hypothesis of god is plausible, I do not.
Now here is a fact, most people follow the religion of their parents. You are one of them.
The stats on this are staggering to the point it is hard to explain away the coincidence. Can you explain it with plausible logic and reason? I have yet to hear any of you theist attempt this.
No diversions please. Just try for once in your life to answer a question.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
By your ILLogic, that would be like entering into a NE Patriots football locker room after a game loss, expecting everything to smell like roses and not expecting to see a football somewhere or hear some cussing going on.
And it doesn't resolve the pedophelia of some certain college football coaches either....no matter what blind sports idiots think.
DUHDUH ignostuff DUHmmy.
I fully expected to here football (Jesus)mentioned. I fully expected to here cussing( preaching) but this is not the issue, for the eleventh time.
Jesus did not die a few weeks ago, my uncle did. So ranting on an on about the game lost a thousand years ago seems strange when the service is about my uncle that was lost recently.
But really that is not my main complaint, as you might have heard, the priest claimed Jesus was the mechanism that made for a caring wife. Now can we focus just a tad Mr, diversion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

expected to hear.. not here.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

You all who oppose The Christ are only as ineffectual as dinosaurs like in Jurassic Park where the raptors went about spitting their venom (of hate) to try to blind the faithful people of God but we who are Christs' see you and in the past as you are to him and for that the battle is already won!

This wicked and sinful generation is an example of why this world needs Jesus and why so many kingdoms of this world fail!

Also why those people who wander about in them finally see that the only true happiness is in Jesus.

They who live in this lawless and corrupt society will be much happier as simple Pilgrims again.

We need to just let the spirit of Babylon go and get back down to Loving God!

Not the love of idols like money, power, selfishness, pride, deceit, status, and all those things the devil talked you into trading you happiness for.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed that's becoming a much more frequently discussed option within the subject matter of the TOE, within the past few years?
Noticed it the other night myself on a squawky box show... a direct claim to the era.
I just had to wonder why they took so long in presenting it to the masses in general, as it's really not that extreme of a concept.
Heard another interesting "phrase" on some theories of origins of language as well..
Proto Indo European
http://www.ancient.eu.com/Indo-European/
(good flow chart!)
We were done discussing duquettes uncles/priest/wifes/cousins or what ever in the ell it had extented WAY beyond the initial and even no longer correct subject (person) matter, right?
(at least some of us were anyway-quite a few posts ago LOL)
Hey Dukey-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iharsten/8710094...
Looking front on at it...that one to the right could look really familiar with a pair of spectacles on its face lol.
"That"? What is "that"?
You really have a problem identifying a subject. I cannot read your mind. I really do not wish to speculate on its twisted thoughts.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
You all who oppose The Christ are only as ineffectual as dinosaurs like in Jurassic Park where the raptors went about spitting their venom (of hate) to try to blind the faithful people of God but we who are Christs' see you and in the past as you are to him and for that the battle is already won!
This wicked and sinful generation is an example of why this world needs Jesus and why so many kingdoms of this world fail!
Also why those people who wander about in them finally see that the only true happiness is in Jesus.
They who live in this lawless and corrupt society will be much happier as simple Pilgrims again.
Not the love of idols like money, power, selfishness, pride, deceit, status, and all those things the devil talked you into trading you happiness for.
Seems clear to me who is filled with hate.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
So you somehow know who is truly happy? No Muslims, Jews, Hindu's or atheists can be truly happy?
Do you even think about the things you repeat? I say "repeat" because the theme is the typical propaganda of religion.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So you remember when they came to take you away... Ohhhh the memories.
But,not to worry , you will get to relive them,they are coming for you again , this time it's the sheriff.
Head for Sherwood forrest and look for Robin and His Men in Pantyhose.
I remember lots of things.

I particularly remember how you defend genocide and the killing of homosexuals.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pardoned and absolved by moi...lol
Sista,I don't have a problem with Science per se.
My problem is with those who claim that Life does not need ID"God" to create it and yet , not being able to show how it can be created by natural "accidental" means , they attempt to use their intelligence in order to design and create that which they claim does not need a designer or ctreator.
That seems to be a contradiction under any and all circumstances.
You insist there was only one creator when for all you know there could have been many.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't take that hypothesis to be a statement of truth. From the explanation given, I take it as a statement of nonsense and I spelled out the reasons for my opinion in what I posted.
I know there are other hypothesis ,but , the fact is that neither Science or evolution has the slightest legitimate clue as to how it is possoble to attain intelligence ,consciousness and life by natural means " accidental means".
I know how Atheists like to sneak in the word" Magic" and Magic has nothing to do with my Faith and Beliefs.
The Bible also has a hypothesis " If you seek me diligently , you will find me" Seek ye first The Kingdom of God and all it's righteousness and all these things will be added on to you.
Seek and ye shall find , Ask and it will be given , knock and the door will be opened.
Those are the hypothesis that I tested for myself and found them to be true and accurate.
That is the basis for my faith and beliefs ,and has nothing to do with magic,wishful thinking or anyone else's faith , including that of my parents.
Yes Magic is a requirement of your faith... It's at the base of your belief structure... turning water into wine with a wave of the hand, walking on water, picking up a hand full of dirt and blowing on it and poof out pops modern man and on an on... Magic is Required for your belief structure to be intact.... And you again show you do not have the slightest clue of what I have mentioned... You cannot separate the requirements for Evidence... You cannot Test and that be valid.... For evidence to be usable or even to be considered evidence if must be Testable, Verifiable and Repeatable... By Anyone... If I test a piece of evidence in the lab (yes, I have one)and I get a result but everyone that tries my test fails to duplicate my results the evidence is disregarded... If the perform my tests and get the same results once but get different results each time then the evidence is disregarded... If I test a piece of evidence and produce a conclusion that others cannot verify then the evidence is disregarded...

To Believe in the results of a test of evidence that is not verifiable and repeatable is Religion and applies to all subjects including the scientific fields.... Some claims in science are not science at all but are a form of religion because they do not meet the basic constructs of the Scientific Method...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
Now that was just plain stupid....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why in the world would you think all believers in science are in agreement with this one scientist you keep quoting? I have yet to see anyone here agree with him, yet you keep expecting us to defend his hypothesis as if it were an idea that was the consensus of the scientific community.
You really don't know how this science thing works, do you?
Consensus is politics and has nothing to do with science....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
What on Earth makes you think the pilgrims were happy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 112,641 - 112,660 of128,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 min LMS 26,177
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 23 min LMS 16,111
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 29 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,995
Barbourville topix 2 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 3 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 3 hr Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 4 hr Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 4 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 4 hr onefoehim 390
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters