Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141461 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118301 Dec 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So Jesus' influence is why you use hate speech? I see.
I guess you are just following another mans lead in a blind fashion.
Thanks for showing a major reason why I protest religion.
Thanks for showing why religion can be harmful.
I am sure Sista has her blinders on right now.
See how wrong you are sometimes..had I had blinders on at the approximate time you posted this...it would not have been good!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118302 Dec 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>At least your statement show you do believe in magic. I see Sista agrees with you.
Has some one pooped in your cereal bowl, repeatedly, for the last few dozen posts you've posted?

Or are you always generally that mean spirited?

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#118304 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Has some one pooped in your cereal bowl, repeatedly, for the last few dozen posts you've posted?
All your rebuttals to Mike D. are crap and lame. Everyone on this thread is now dumber for having to read your dribble. Face it, you're seriously not a match for atheist and do give a good example of a person who wants to be a christian but cannot even debate that subject or science with an atheist. You seem to want to have it both ways and be a fence straddler on these issues but have shown yourself too hypocritcal for either side.

p.s. your baby talk is not helping you in anyway, grow up.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#118305 Dec 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a great piece of family history you have. Do you know where in England your ancestor originated from?
Not yet... It runs into problems when we get to that early time frame because illiteracy was so bad that the names kept getting misspelled and have lead us wrong several times.. some in the past have used Mays,Mayes,Maze,Meace and May and there are completely different lines of those families that have nothing to do with us,,, But have a few in the family that are Really into it and have collected all kinds of Documents that follow the name to attached it to Places so we can identify our line from others..

I got a Court Transcript from the early 1800 that explains where all the old family money went though... My G,G,G,g granfather was sued by two slaves he owned that were Native American women which was illegal but he clamed they were black which was legal and he spend 20 years and every dime he had fighting in court... and lost...
VA MAN

Pikeville, KY

#118306 Dec 5, 2013
WHY IS IT WHEN SOMETHING GOOD HAPPIENS THE CHURCH SAYS IT'S GOD'S WILL AND WHEN SOMETHING BAD HAPPINES THEY SAY IT'S ALL A PART OF GODS PLAN, FOR ONE TAKE A CHILD MOLESTER THAT RAPES A BABY HOW IN HELL IS THAT PART OF GODS PLAN EVIL CAUSES EVIL JUST WAITE AND SEE, I PRAY GOD CHANGES PEOPLES HEARTS MINE FOR ONE MY MIND IS FELLING ME IT'S TO HARD TO LIVE WITH AND HAS BEEN TO LONG PLEASE GOD TAKE CARE OF IT THE RIGHT WAY AND TAKE CARE OF ALL THE LYING AND COVERING UP THAT THE EVIL PEOPLE IS DOING SMALL CHILDREN DONT HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS CRAP.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118307 Dec 6, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
All your rebuttals to Mike D. are crap and lame. Everyone on this thread is now dumber for having to read your dribble. Face it, you're seriously not a match for atheist and do give a good example of a person who wants to be a christian but cannot even debate that subject or science with an atheist. You seem to want to have it both ways and be a fence straddler on these issues but have shown yourself too hypocritcal for either side.
Flock off lunaTic.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118308 Dec 6, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
and the ignorant quip under your little icon speaks VOLUMES....of delusions of granduer, narcissism, self centeredness and ignorance.

That straight forward and direct enough for your low level comprehension?

And ONE more thing- just because people might actually be TRYING to live a life based upon some actual tenets of decency, honesty, integrity, morality, compassion, empathy AND consideration Of and FOR others as well, doesn't give YOU or ANYONE else the right to use and/or ABUSE them. Christian or not!
Anon

Richmond, KY

#118309 Dec 6, 2013
Let's teach paganism and Islam while we're at it. Just to be fair.

Manchester, KY

#118310 Dec 6, 2013
Anon wrote:
I'm kinda leaning Rastafarian myself....

Manchester, KY

#118311 Dec 6, 2013
Anon wrote:
After all most the kids in high school these days already got ceremonial smokin of da Gangee down pat already....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#118312 Dec 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet... It runs into problems when we get to that early time frame because illiteracy was so bad that the names kept getting misspelled and have lead us wrong several times.. some in the past have used Mays,Mayes,Maze,Meace and May and there are completely different lines of those families that have nothing to do with us,,, But have a few in the family that are Really into it and have collected all kinds of Documents that follow the name to attached it to Places so we can identify our line from others..
I got a Court Transcript from the early 1800 that explains where all the old family money went though... My G,G,G,g granfather was sued by two slaves he owned that were Native American women which was illegal but he clamed they were black which was legal and he spend 20 years and every dime he had fighting in court... and lost...
And the moral of story IS;

Some totem poles just are NOT for Sale!

Vile, devil-pox packing euro's--150 years backwards to be burned at the buffalo bone stakes for them!

Manchester, KY

#118313 Dec 6, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And the moral of story IS;
Some totem poles just are NOT for Sale!
Vile, devil-pox packing euro's--150 years backwards to be burned at the buffalo bone stakes for them!
You do understand those people died a couple hundred years ago right?

But ifn ya like to dig em up and stake em out give it your best shot...

Oh and just a side note ... one of those native slave woman married my G.G.G.G> Grandfather and was G.G.G.G> grandmother...
kneph

Manchester, KY

#118314 Dec 6, 2013
Anon wrote:
cut to the chase; simply require philosophy as a catalyst for critical thinking and awareness of self's own biases; whether negative or positive.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118315 Dec 6, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I am unable to relate on that at a personal experience level, but not unable to empathize. I find it rather odd that you would find that to be a negative thing?
Why would that be?
Well now that you use more words to identify what you feel, it is more comprehensive. See how this works? You preciously never used a single word to indicate you empathize, or even agree their is a problem of silence or false expectations of clergy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118316 Dec 6, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Time is a valuable thing, is it not?
Waste not, want not.
Then I suppose your value system sees writing extensive insults as not a waste of time.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#118317 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Atheist scientists"? Again, you expect us to defend unnamed scientists and some broad claim you claim they made?
Most scientists would never make such absolute claims as this that I can agree, cannot be proven.
Most scientist would leave claims of ID creation to be proven by the believer. No one can prove it, so it is just sitting around as another believe with zero evidence. It is not science, and thus should not be in science classes.
You can believe it all you wish, but until you produce actual evidence, I am not buying it.
Hey ignoramus,Since Atheist Scientists claim that there is no evidence in the natural world for the existence of God,then they would necesssarily believe that God is not needed as a creator of life.

However ,given their total inability to explain how life may have emerged without ID,they are now ,hedging their uncertainty by stating the possibility that Superior beings could possibly have been responsible for creating mankind.
Hitchens ,Dawkins and extremist Atheists on this website,Kraktu and Q have alluded to that possibility.
The problem they are still confronted with is that their hypothesis does not explain who or what created these superior beings.
Ultimately one has to come to grips with the fact that either nonintelligence,nonliving and nonconscious matter is responsible for creating life or that there exists a supernatural intelligent,living and conscious force that is responsible.
This issue has been discussed before and the responses from Atheists has been to beg for more time,millions of years,for Science to hopefully arrive at a solution.
I do not need to wait for a million years in order to confirm what I already believe and you are unable to disprove.
God is the creator and Science has not the slighyest idea as to how life may have been created by accidental means.
I , on the other hand , am not buying into the Science fiction insanity filled hypothesis that lightning struck some primoordial soup billions of years ago and out popped some self replicating cell that started it all.....For which there is absolutely no evidence and which is irrational , unreal and incredible.
The creator can not create properties of which it knows nothing about ,does not posses and is totally lacking in ability to create such.
And before you post your misguided response , I do not have to prove God's existence to anyone as it is not required.
I merely have to believe in God's existence based on the evidence He has provided me,which has been overwhelmingly sufficient.

You need to provide your reasons for believing otherwise ,including how it may be possible for life to have come into being by accidental means.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118318 Dec 6, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
See how wrong you are sometimes..had I had blinders on at the approximate time you posted this...it would not have been good!
I am sure you did have blinders on when you read the posts. Those blinders keep you from registering in your brain, religion can be harmful.
How can I see that I am wrong, when you have yet to show any evidence of my being wrong?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118319 Dec 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand those people died a couple hundred years ago right?
But ifn ya like to dig em up and stake em out give it your best shot...
Oh and just a side note ... one of those native slave woman married my G.G.G.G> Grandfather and was G.G.G.G> grandmother...
Well then, that explains the occasional hint of rationality in your posts.

(as for the rest-heck NO, I know better than that...asides, who'd wanna dig up a couple hundred years old History-just to whine about it? No one sane or rational anyway!)

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118320 Dec 6, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I fail to see what was mean spirited about my comments. And I see you failed to identify them and show what was mean about them.
Typical Sista MO.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118321 Dec 6, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well now that you use more words to identify what you feel, it is more comprehensive. See how this works? You preciously never used a single word to indicate you empathize, or even agree their is a problem of silence or false expectations of clergy.
You just didn't have your head all the way out of your little darkage worm hole enough, to have comprehensively read it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim bingham 1 hr lolo 1
lets go to florida 2 hr isolated incident 186
The Oven Mitt 2 hr Top notch 25
Who all got shot in Knox County today? 3 hr deez 3
Tina and Luke 8 hr crazy 3
Jason Marsee shot Ford Collett 9 hr Quantummist 43
Best place to get your car fixed? 11 hr Brady 17
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE