Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148160 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118286 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard for me to relate to that type of illogic.
Around the parts where I was raised, most of us regarded priests the same as any other mere mortal men, they just wore distinguishable collars, attesting to the specific job held within an institution, no more perfect than any other mortal men, with no different expectations in behavior of as well.
But never was it insinuated, that they should have some sort of special "right" to abuse anyone else either...and in fact actually, maybe we expected them to behave a little BETTER, than the bigger majority of the non-clerical types.
I am sure the victims expected them to behave better than non clerics. Thus the logic, the kids thought their actions must have been moral. Testimonies of victims show they could not fathom the priests doing so much wrong. This false expectation is the problem.
Thank you for pointing that out.
Sorry you are unable to relate.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118287 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes please, could you be more briefly succinct, so as I do not have waste any extra effort sorting and sifting through your randomness, in trying to decipher where any logic might be within?
Ok, then I guess you are just to lazy to have an intellectual conversation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118288 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes please, could you be more briefly succinct, so as I do not have waste any extra effort sorting and sifting through your randomness, in trying to decipher where any logic might be within?
So you do not have time to read my posts, but have ample time to write lengthy insults? I see.

I am fully aware you have no time for deep intellectual debate.
Now keep wasting time writing creative insults.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118289 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That would be your opinion...
Christ called people worse...
Like Vipers, thieves, and un-wise!
I bet... Un-wise... covers people like you!
So Jesus' influence is why you use hate speech? I see.
I guess you are just following another mans lead in a blind fashion.
Thanks for showing a major reason why I protest religion.
Thanks for showing why religion can be harmful.

I am sure Sista has her blinders on right now.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118290 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you were, but the fact that God is real, AND uses all kinds of stuff to prove His existence to people, it
wouldn't be far fetched for a fish to talk.,..
I still have hopes for you!
When your god gets off his ass and has a fish speak to me and tell me god enabled him to speak, I will then believe in said god. Until then, you are really making me laugh.
If your god was real, I would think this task would be simple, but yet he refuses to actually do anything actually astounding to prove himself real. It is as if he is not real at all.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118291 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Were the people that followed Hitler evil???
Some... The rest were just ill-informed!
Just as the sinners that follow satan...
are ill-informed!
Save you from what???
Save you from being stupid!
You KNOW there are things in your life that God said not to do!
You did them, even knowing God is real, and He gave you a way out!
It will not be His fault if you choose NOT to USE it!
Satan don't care how you get to hell, he just wants many people to go with him... the will!
Choose not to go with him!
You just likened homosexuals to followers of Hitler. The followers of Hitler murdered homosexuals.
Now what are homosexuals doing that is harming others?

Not sure if you could have picked a worse example to use for an analogy. And yet you expect us to think you have it the correct answers to god and religion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118292 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Magic is a requirement of your faith too!
Your books were written by men, and filled with manufactured "Evidence"....
God is real, He showed up!
Show me a book that a man did not write?
Seems to me the problem is, some are in a delusion the book they follow was not written by men.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118293 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Magic is a requirement of your faith too!
Your books were written by men, and filled with manufactured "Evidence"....
God is real, He showed up!
At least your statement show you do believe in magic. I see Sista agrees with you.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#118294 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks... Appre the kind words...
You're very welcome - they were good photos.

Cambridge, UK

#118295 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Folk now Here is something Really Heavy (prob because of all the Iron y in it)
I just was doing a bit of research and found out that My Great, Great, Great ect, Long way back Grandfather was Bishop William Mays (Mease) and was sent from England in 1609 to start a Church in Hampton, Va which which was rebuilt in 1728...
I checked with the genealogy research another Cuz has been working on for years and the line does follow back to beginning in Hampton,Va and the surrounding for many later members of the family so seems the Bishop was the first on my line to come to the US...
St. John's Church is the oldest English-speaking parish in America, founded in 1610. The church of St. John's is a 1728 worship building displaying beautiful colonial brickwork.
http://books.google.com/books...
http://www.stjohnshampton.org/
That's a great piece of family history you have. Do you know where in England your ancestor originated from?

Cambridge, UK

#118296 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Were the people that followed Hitler evil???
Some... The rest were just ill-informed!
Just as the sinners that follow satan...
are ill-informed!
Save you from what???
Save you from being stupid!
You KNOW there are things in your life that God said not to do!
You did them, even knowing God is real, and He gave you a way out!
It will not be His fault if you choose NOT to USE it!
Satan don't care how you get to hell, he just wants many people to go with him... the will!
Choose not to go with him!
Don't you love Satan?

I thought you guys were supposed to love your enemies.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118297 Dec 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Another broad accusation you failed to supply any specifics to, much less produce evidence for.
SEE: Mike Duquette

OR maybe just

CHEESEwhiz.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118298 Dec 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> I am sure the victims expected them to behave better than non clerics. Thus the logic, the kids thought their actions must have been moral. Testimonies of victims show they could not fathom the priests doing so much wrong. This false expectation is the problem.
Thank you for pointing that out.
Sorry you are unable to relate.
I am unable to relate on that at a personal experience level, but not unable to empathize. I find it rather odd that you would find that to be a negative thing?

Why would that be?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118299 Dec 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, then I guess you are just to lazy to have an intellectual conversation.
Show signs of one, and you might fare better.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118300 Dec 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you do not have time to read my posts, but have ample time to write lengthy insults? I see.
I am fully aware you have no time for deep intellectual debate.
Now keep wasting time writing creative insults.
Time is a valuable thing, is it not?

Waste not, want not.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118301 Dec 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So Jesus' influence is why you use hate speech? I see.
I guess you are just following another mans lead in a blind fashion.
Thanks for showing a major reason why I protest religion.
Thanks for showing why religion can be harmful.
I am sure Sista has her blinders on right now.
See how wrong you are sometimes..had I had blinders on at the approximate time you posted this...it would not have been good!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118302 Dec 5, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>At least your statement show you do believe in magic. I see Sista agrees with you.
Has some one pooped in your cereal bowl, repeatedly, for the last few dozen posts you've posted?

Or are you always generally that mean spirited?

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

#118304 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Has some one pooped in your cereal bowl, repeatedly, for the last few dozen posts you've posted?
Or are you always generally that mean spirited?
All your rebuttals to Mike D. are crap and lame. Everyone on this thread is now dumber for having to read your dribble. Face it, you're seriously not a match for atheist and do give a good example of a person who wants to be a christian but cannot even debate that subject or science with an atheist. You seem to want to have it both ways and be a fence straddler on these issues but have shown yourself too hypocritcal for either side.

p.s. your baby talk is not helping you in anyway, grow up.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Barbourville, KY

#118305 Dec 5, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a great piece of family history you have. Do you know where in England your ancestor originated from?
Not yet... It runs into problems when we get to that early time frame because illiteracy was so bad that the names kept getting misspelled and have lead us wrong several times.. some in the past have used Mays,Mayes,Maze,Meace and May and there are completely different lines of those families that have nothing to do with us,,, But have a few in the family that are Really into it and have collected all kinds of Documents that follow the name to attached it to Places so we can identify our line from others..

I got a Court Transcript from the early 1800 that explains where all the old family money went though... My G,G,G,g granfather was sued by two slaves he owned that were Native American women which was illegal but he clamed they were black which was legal and he spend 20 years and every dime he had fighting in court... and lost...
VA MAN

Macon, GA

#118306 Dec 5, 2013
WHY IS IT WHEN SOMETHING GOOD HAPPIENS THE CHURCH SAYS IT'S GOD'S WILL AND WHEN SOMETHING BAD HAPPINES THEY SAY IT'S ALL A PART OF GODS PLAN, FOR ONE TAKE A CHILD MOLESTER THAT RAPES A BABY HOW IN HELL IS THAT PART OF GODS PLAN EVIL CAUSES EVIL JUST WAITE AND SEE, I PRAY GOD CHANGES PEOPLES HEARTS MINE FOR ONE MY MIND IS FELLING ME IT'S TO HARD TO LIVE WITH AND HAS BEEN TO LONG PLEASE GOD TAKE CARE OF IT THE RIGHT WAY AND TAKE CARE OF ALL THE LYING AND COVERING UP THAT THE EVIL PEOPLE IS DOING SMALL CHILDREN DONT HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS CRAP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael nelson 28 min Tom 1
Tan 4 door Chevy S-10 37 min Tim 3
side chick 1 hr older guy 17
bonita williams 1 hr So so funny 6
Who ever keeps posting about bonita william nee... 1 hr Teach 4
trump sucks 3 hr Spurlock 9
Should a city school board member sell alcohol ? 4 hr Tiny 24
Bonita Williams BHS board member should RESIGN !!! 4 hr I know 27
beer is selling in barbourville 9 hr live here 13
Board Meeting 9 hr live here 62