Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
112,561 - 112,580 of 128,909 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahaha...
Whatever you want to believe...
Romans
1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the
world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are
made,[even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
without excuse:
"that they are without excuse:"
How does a tree stand through two coal layers..
If they are millions of years apart?
doesn't fit your data... not one bit!
Actually is does... Since trees have been found that date back some 300 million plus years kinda makes that reasonable... And there is chemical evidence that coal and oil are not the results of organics converting but a chemical process that happens to compressed hydrocarbon in the earth forming Oil then flowing during seismic events ... Once flowed the hydrocarbon is converted into coal as the Hydro part of Hydrocarbon (Water molecules) is reduced by natural process... Which while still not fully accepted in some areas the Chemical Signatures of Fossil Fuels versus the signature expected are different and Chemically oil is not a fossil fuel and it's the Oil with a reduced water molecular structure that is today's coal...

So First they are not Millions of years apart and there is a rational evidential explanation... No Magic required...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/84007697/The-Abioti...

http://www.viewzone.com/abioticoilx.html

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/on-energy...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Does any of the mean a hill of beans?
Lets look at it!
(1) Yes, The Lord is Lord of all, King of Kings, Ruler of His people, whether a shepherd watching over his flock, or a King His people.... makes no difference!
(2) There are still Hebrew texts of the Pentateuch, and the Torah,
yes the translation to the Greek Septuagint has many variants!
(3) 5700 copies of hand copied manuscripts dating from the first century to the advent of the printing press!
(4) With these manuscripts, we can compare, and have revealed
that there are 40,000 variants in these manuscripts, but...
99% of them are like the use of 'a', where 'an' should be used!
(5) That leaves (1%) error in NON Catholic Bibles!
(6) These errors have been diligently scrutinized, and
fixed (generally), as does it matter 'Love', or 'Charity'?
How many deliberate lies, and misrepresentations are in todays science, and history books???
See... I know the Bible is true, as the God of that Bible showed up...
And SAVED ME!
Now... You can BELIEVE it's all Horse pucky....
That is your right!
Have a Merry Christmas :-)
I don't Believe it's Horsey Puckey Doo Doo.... I understand how difficult it is for you to understand being that your mental state requires an element of magic for the world to make sense to you but that a function of self limiting your knowledge base.. If you do not know the basic scientific principles of something then when observed it seems magical... Just like a 1600 years ago it was thought magic or a sign for God if a static discharge shocked your friend...

That's why the term "God of the Gap's" came into being... God does all this stuff until a full understanding of the observation is had then it's .."Well, well ok but God did the stuff between this and that because you can't come up with another explanation." ...

By refusing to educate yourself on what we Actually know and the basic principles that govern the observed sets up the Gaps much wider than those that actually seek knowledge that disagrees with dogma... That not only goes for God based religions but for not God based religions and there are non God based religions within the scientific communities also...

Myself I'm opposed not to Christianity, Islam, Jewish ect faiths... I am opposed to Religion and Religion has nothing to do with what ever "God" is involved whether it be Yahweh , Thor, Flying Unicorns , AGW or a host of other Dogma based religions....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What happens when you only look at evidence that supports your "Beliefs", or "Thinks"????
Higher education... LOL
Satan don't care how he gets you to hell, and 'believing' there is no hell.... comes in liberal higher learning!
"What happens when you only look at evidence that supports your "Beliefs", or "Thinks"????"

You come up with incorrect conclusions... Such as you do when you only concern yourself with that that fits your religious beliefs and refuse to study and research anything that disagrees with your beliefs...

I as you might detect try (and sometimes fail) to gain understanding of the human knowledge base of all subjects I can.. I have actually tried to study biblical dogma over my life along with several other religions be quickly came to understand that for any to hold validity it required me to Believe in Magic... The big red flag is enough to disregard claims made based on such Magic until the point that the How the Magic fits known reality is had...

Now be aware I do not think the narrative of mans ascension from a early hominid to today's modern human is correct... I think archeologists and several other fields are doing the same as You in that they have a Belief in their preconceived views and will not even consider or study any evidence that disagrees with those Beliefs but that does not lead me to resort to Magic to explain it...
how about this

Hurley, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

I got this wild and crazy idea. brace yourselves, it's kinda far fetched, one of those crazy fringe beliefs that only wild eyed radicals have.

how about teaching your kids about the bible at home or some morals while you're at it. just like the people that want their kids to learn sex education outta take the time to teach theirs.

ok, I'm wore out from coming up with something so far out. I gotta rest now.

stop expecting the state or school to raise your kid for you. how about we only have stuff taught in school that can be proven like math and basic science. you can't observe god or evolution with your eyes so lets leave that to college where you pay to learn something that you choose to learn about. then you can learn about god or evolution on your own time.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

how about this wrote:
I got this wild and crazy idea. brace yourselves, it's kinda far fetched, one of those crazy fringe beliefs that only wild eyed radicals have.
how about teaching your kids about the bible at home or some morals while you're at it. just like the people that want their kids to learn sex education outta take the time to teach theirs.
ok, I'm wore out from coming up with something so far out. I gotta rest now.
stop expecting the state or school to raise your kid for you. how about we only have stuff taught in school that can be proven like math and basic science. you can't observe god or evolution with your eyes so lets leave that to college where you pay to learn something that you choose to learn about. then you can learn about god or evolution on your own time.
I AGREE

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think it is?
If a backslider came back to the church for filthy lucre...
He would be a wolf, but that doesn't happen, as much as someone
like L Ron Hubbard creating a whole religion just for that cause!
I should have been fined $50.00 for even thinking you had enough intelligence to give us your definition's of those words and phrases.

Let's try again shall we. Give me your definition of 'Wolves in sheep's clothing' independently of itself without using backslid.

Now then, once you've done that..Give me your definition of 'Backslid'

Lastly, Give me your definition of 'Faker', please stay on task and avoid those tangents you love to entertain.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Wolves in sheep's clothing = Wolves that are very warm in their wool coats.....

Backslid = moving across a surface on your ass

Faker = a guy that works at a Fakery....

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this as yet unnamed cousin to whom you are referring? Lodi? or Kraktu?
Whoaaaaaaaa Nelly , say it ain't so....
Lodi and Kraktu are always in agreement with that which does not make sense.
Illogicity is an inherent part of their human nature
Their mumpsimusian attitudes speak for themselves as evidenced by their postings." inane rantings"
Honestly, you have just enough intelligence to open your mouth to eat, but certainly no more! This has been explained to you countless times, it is not our fault you can't understand. If you were any slower getting the point you'd be going backwards.

What else can we expect ... when you talk sense to a fool, naturally he's gonna call you foolish.

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
Wolves in sheep's clothing = Wolves that are very warm in their wool coats.....
Backslid = moving across a surface on your ass
Faker = a guy that works at a Fakery....
Ha!

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Asking the question about if she requested the service makes no sense either. It is irrelevant. No, I cannot know what she thought of the comment I found highly insulting. And none of us will know, because no one is going to ask her. It is over and nothing can be done except have a conversation about it. But you cannot just have a hypothetical conversation about this. Damn you are so tedious.
I found it insulting, you do not. Seems to me you are oblivious to what could be insulting to others of a different belief. How ironic.
Irony is wasted on the stupid, they haven't the ability to recognize it when presented.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk about atheist hatred, yet atheists aren't the ones with *holy* books containing various instructions to kill people.
Now that's hatred.
<quoted text>
You won't mention Russia but you will communism?
You know that with communism you are supposed to give your money to the collective (state)? If you refused it was death.
This is exactly the same as the god of the Bible who killed Ananias and Sapphira because they refused to give their money to the collective (church).
Forget about Marx and Engels. Here we see that communism is advocated centuries ago by none other than your god.
How about this-

D-O-N-T really care about your weird, dark, little obsessions over a BOOK, or your D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-S, over what you C-O-N-jecture and freakishly assume, as to what is (or isn't) anyone elses "God".
As in NOT my problem(or anyone else) if YOUR notion of a God, seems to be nothing but darkness and hatred. However, you might wish to seek professional psychological help for that for yourself, because YOUR God interpetation (and YOURS ALONE) that you wish to try and push off on everyone else, sure sounds pretty MENTAL, as in NOT good mental either.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>See... You lie!
We do not hate atheists, and homosexuals...
We WERE atheists, and homosexuals, the fact is...
We know them as sins now, and we want them to understand it too!
We want them to REPENT, and come to Heaven...
You may see it as hate, do you see Doctors
as hateful when the tell you not to smoke???
They only want to keep you alive, we want to save something more important!
Hold up there now YaA, how about just letting it be at we are all born sinners, that have accepted that fact (rather than just PRETEND to be anything else but!!) as well as having accepted the divine grace of that which has been written of, for the rest of the story!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did I claim the comment was malicious in intent? Nope. The theists here prove your sort cannot even comprehend the comment was possibly insulting. So if that is any indication of what the priest thought, it seems he did not think at all. Theists often spew their offensive beliefs with no thought of others. In this case, the widows feelings should have been carefully considered. It is my opinion the priest failed to carefully consider them.
Now did I make any accusations my uncle did not consider what his wife felt? Nope, so again you are speaking to something that has nothing to do with anything relevant.
Funny at how you draw a line at calling someone a liar. As if it is any less insulting than what you did say.
Now just what part of the story did you think was untrue? If you are going to sling accusations, at least specifically identify them.
I think you have gotten yourself confused, or are you just looking for something (more) to hate upon Duquette?
In the bigger picture, would mens wive not wish to be able to think the best for and of their loved ones? Any decent one would-and anything that would try and detract from that, is evil itself.
What would be so offensive then, for a person of faith, to try and offer assurances of such, to another, no matter if the beliefs differed.
I try and draw the line(for myself anyway) at such ugliness of CONdemning others so vilely out of nothing but a mean and dark spirit, because that's just what it is, more CONdemnation.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see you again failed to answer a simple question. Why would it matter? Their is no debate here if the funeral should have been Catholic or not. So why are you acting as if their is one?
Hummm, let's see...maybe because YOU condemned parts of it, and created one?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, are you now claiming the priest may have asked the widow if he could claim Jesus made here be good to her husband in his time of illness?
Do you even realize what is insulting about the comment? Even if she was a Christian, the comment infers she would not have been caring to her husband if not for someone else. This is an asinine idea. It is all the more asinine if you consider she was not Christian.
Do you need Mohamed to be good to your wife, or anyone for that matter?
At the very least, your comment does acknowledge the priests comment was at least a bit risqué. And their in lies my point. I found it inappropriate. What we cannot know about who approved what does not change my opinion of the comment.
I didn't even read past the first line.

Because it was immediately apparent, it was just more of your blah blah blah of trying to push YOUR opinion, followed by twisted distortions, off onto others.

Own it Duquette. YOU were the one that whined about and condemned what a priest said at a Catholic service. Anything following-has all been n-o-t-h-i-n-g but mere assumption and opinions based upon n-o-t-h-i-n-g but assumptions.

DUHMmy.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose their are exceptions to every rule.
Now do you only know things by the few people in your small circle of friends? If so, then that explains a lot.
At least I don't ignorantly ASSUME, that ALL people of specific creeds, races etc...to be "all the same".
(or IGNORANTLY act as if to be some all intellectual, all knowing supreme being.)
lol.
Ding DIng Ding, Clang clang clang idioTic DUHMmy.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Depends upon your definition of Christian.
One comment out five showing at least half a working wit.

Gaw.

(so um...what do's anyone argues about on that one--the S,M or L size of the depends?)
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am staring to see why you feel religion is harmless.
I have no doubt, many Christians justified killing native Americans due to what the natives believed religiously.
From what the BOOKS (oh gosh--there's that BADUH *BOOK* word again) tell us, they had nothing on the grubbers of the grubbermint!!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How does atheism incite hatred?
And lets say it does, somehow, does that make it ok for religion to incite hate? Your statement implies this.
No it doesn't.

It's just more of your twisted and distorted.

But I'll go ahead and DUHM it down further for you anyway.

Hatred is BAD when misused, as is anything else-be it a product of religion OR atheism (or anything else).

Simple enough?
Wormtranslator

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I felt it was insulting. You have still failed to show why it was not an insulting comment. I explained why I felt it was insulting. Thus I feel you have no argument.
And for a bit of clarity, I did not think it was an insult to her religion, I feel it was an insult to her ability to care about her husband without Jesus.
I see you still cannot comprehend what is insulting about the comment. I guess if the bible does not spell it out to you, you cannot know if it is right or wrong. You are blind to reasoning.
Translated-"if you don't accept my opinion as the abject truth, then you are incapable of "reasoning"...BLAH BLAH BLAH "

How utterly TYPICAL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Marlena cox 7 min just wondering 48
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Dale 146,802
Elmer at Creek mart 22 min thebombshell 11
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 37 min Jennifer Renee 3,802
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 50 min lol 1,035
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr poofylover 16,128
Metal Detector (Mar '10) 4 hr Rangers 6
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search