Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148850 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118267 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold up there now YaA, how about just letting it be at we are all born sinners, that have accepted that fact (rather than just PRETEND to be anything else but!!) as well as having accepted the divine grace of that which has been written of, for the rest of the story!
It's just annoying to hear them say "We Hate everyone"...
We are everyone, just better informed, forgiven, and justified by His Sacrifice!
Amen!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#118268 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It's just annoying to hear them say "We Hate everyone"...
We are everyone, just better informed, forgiven, and justified by His Sacrifice!
Amen!
"...sometimes, as shown by the quote above, you realize just how mentality ill some of these "believers" are."
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118269 Dec 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My name Jose Jimenez , What is your cousin's name?
Can we meet him and ask him a few questions?
Or are you keeping him incommunicado?
I think you and your cousin have much in common with The Lone Ranger "Kemo Sabe" derived from the Spanish phrase" Quien no Sabe"
and Tonto , also a Spanish phrase.
If you are clueless as to what I am trying to say ,Google it , or , ask Lodi,He is studying Spanish and I am sure he can help you out.
Oe ask Chroe, he is very familiar with Don Quixote Sancho Panza and Miguel Cervantes
He might be too young to know who Jose is...
LOL

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Barbourville, KY

#118270 Dec 5, 2013
Squeeze Cheese and Ritz , Yum.. Breakfast of champions
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118271 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It's just annoying to hear them say "We Hate everyone"...
Amen!
Was standing in a grocery check out line yesterday, and a feller walked in and asked the lady behind me if she knew if there was a bathroom on premises. Both of us were just kind of surprised, as to why he just didn't ask the clerk at the register??? She thought for a moment and very nicely told the feller, that she did NOT know, because she didn't work there...at which point the feller moved along.
So we then chatted a minute, about all the strange people these days..and tried to rationalize the behavior of choosing a random customer to ask about such a thing...and why one random customer rather than another.
She figured it was because she has an invisible freak magnet on her head, and I nodded and voiced understanding on that. We further tried to rationalize the behavior..why the question was posed to her and not another customer, or even moreso, someone that worked there. I hinted to her that I have a radar for such, that emits "don't talk to me" rays when need be. She agreed that is a good thing to have.
As we chatted..we watched the restroom seeker, finally pose the same question to a clerk at a register in the middle of it all, at which time he probably found the right direction to that which he was seeking.

The Moral of the story is...sometimes the lost will ask anything of the first thing they bump into. Go figure lol.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118272 Dec 5, 2013
And..add to that "to the moon and back" as well-- all in one day- on that one YaA lol.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#118274 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Magic is a requirement of your faith... It's at the base of your belief structure... turning water into wine with a wave of the hand, walking on water, picking up a hand full of dirt and blowing on it and poof out pops modern man and on an on... Magic is Required for your belief structure to be intact.... And you again show you do not have the slightest clue of what I have mentioned... You cannot separate the requirements for Evidence... You cannot Test and that be valid.... For evidence to be usable or even to be considered evidence if must be Testable, Verifiable and Repeatable... By Anyone... If I test a piece of evidence in the lab (yes, I have one)and I get a result but everyone that tries my test fails to duplicate my results the evidence is disregarded... If the perform my tests and get the same results once but get different results each time then the evidence is disregarded... If I test a piece of evidence and produce a conclusion that others cannot verify then the evidence is disregarded...
To Believe in the results of a test of evidence that is not verifiable and repeatable is Religion and applies to all subjects including the scientific fields.... Some claims in science are not science at all but are a form of religion because they do not meet the basic constructs of the Scientific Method...
Magic is a requirement of your faith too!
Your books were written by men, and filled with manufactured "Evidence"....
God is real, He showed up!
scatha

Williamsburg, KY

#118275 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I explained it to you already, I cannot understand it for you... But thinks for playing...
no you haven't explained. you've all but denied that a words basic meaning is what it is.

is english your first language?

Barbourville, KY

#118276 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Magic is a requirement of your faith too!
As I asked... When he showed up did he show up in his natural form or did you just see a car catch on fire and get confused ?...
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#118277 Dec 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Magic is a requirement of your faith too!
Ayemen!!

Barbourville, KY

#118278 Dec 5, 2013
scatha wrote:
<quoted text>no you haven't explained. you've all but denied that a words basic meaning is what it is.
is english your first language?
Yes I did, in eloquent detail...
scatha

Williamsburg, KY

#118279 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
this too is a belief.
smok wawelski

Williamsburg, KY

#118280 Dec 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
knowledge is what occurs after the fact and not before. you're confusing the idea of hypothesis with knowledge. one is known after the fact and one is an estimated guess before the fact.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-pr...

A hypothesis is an ###educated guess### about how things work.

http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science-fair-pr...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#118281 Dec 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You can believe it all you wish, but until you produce actual evidence, I am not buying it.
I am not selling my beleifs . They are priceless and you can not afford them.
Sorry, but I believe none of the statement you just made.
If you are not selling this idea, then what is all this energy you are spending all about?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118282 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You changed your story too damn much already, for anyone to even contemplate forming one-collective, stereotype, bigoted, labelduhm DUHmmy.
Another broad accusation you failed to supply any specifics to, much less produce evidence for.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118283 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So it wasn't that the "priest said" that your "uncle had said" that Jesus had helped him (him being your Uncle)in having a caring wife?
NOW you're saying the "priest said" Jesus was a factor, to the wife herself, as to why the wife herself, was being a caring wife?
Is that what you're saying?
You capitalize "now" as if I ever said otherwise.
Now if you could only show a post that shows what you feel was changed, you would be considered as having a valid point for once in your life.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118284 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did, if you'd pay attention and not just run your pie hole posting digits so fast...
Oh, so somewhere in your mind, you feel you explain things?
You evidently do not have time to even write complete sentences, yet expect them to be comprehensive.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118285 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard for me to relate to that type of illogic.
Around the parts where I was raised, most of us regarded priests the same as any other mere mortal men, they just wore distinguishable collars, attesting to the specific job held within an institution, no more perfect than any other mortal men, with no different expectations in behavior of as well.
But never was it insinuated, that they should have some sort of special "right" to abuse anyone else either...and in fact actually, maybe we expected them to behave a little BETTER, than the bigger majority of the non-clerical types.
I was not talking about how you felt about the priests, I was talking about how the victims felt about them and why. They are lead to believe they have some special powers and evidently, rights.
This is not all about you and your small circle of friends. Try to think of others for a change.
Is this concept really something you have not heard about? I thought the news covered it extensively.
I am sure you can easily find many youtube videos of the victims telling their reasons behind the silence.
Again you act as if I am the first to tell this story.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118286 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hard for me to relate to that type of illogic.
Around the parts where I was raised, most of us regarded priests the same as any other mere mortal men, they just wore distinguishable collars, attesting to the specific job held within an institution, no more perfect than any other mortal men, with no different expectations in behavior of as well.
But never was it insinuated, that they should have some sort of special "right" to abuse anyone else either...and in fact actually, maybe we expected them to behave a little BETTER, than the bigger majority of the non-clerical types.
I am sure the victims expected them to behave better than non clerics. Thus the logic, the kids thought their actions must have been moral. Testimonies of victims show they could not fathom the priests doing so much wrong. This false expectation is the problem.
Thank you for pointing that out.
Sorry you are unable to relate.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#118287 Dec 5, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes please, could you be more briefly succinct, so as I do not have waste any extra effort sorting and sifting through your randomness, in trying to decipher where any logic might be within?
Ok, then I guess you are just to lazy to have an intellectual conversation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chinese restaurant RUDE 3 hr Ewww 8
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker! 4 hr TimesChange 1
Liquor sales or kids welfare ? CHOICE ! 4 hr Fatty 5
Anyone seen Kilgore fight ? 5 hr Plueeezzzee 4
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 5 hr Shame 12
What happened with Jojo Ore in court today 5 hr Judge 5
amber brock (Oct '09) 7 hr lol at funny 39
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages