Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
112,261 - 112,280 of 128,667 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>What you do not understand is this....It matters not if We make you feel ashamed.... you see.... you don't answer to us...What matters to you= is your God and Lord proud of your actions, or are they ashamed of your behavior? Unless you just accepted Christ this moment...you have broken almost all commandments set forth for you to follow....and that includes 'Thou shall not kill'... if you've killed a spider, snake, or a bee...you've broken that commandment as well. You've lied, you've slandered, you've shown discontentment and hatred for your fellow man, not what the commandment says to love thy neighbor as thyself. You've called those neighbors "fool" , you've admitted that you need not follow the OT when the NT came along... in other words nit-pick- the list goes on and on.....as stated earlier, if you were put on trial for being a Christian, there would not be enough evidence to convict.
I see your 'type' of Christian every day....you rise up Sunday Morn and trot off to church and praise be to the Savior, you sing and rejoice and humble yourself as a child to the master....BUT when Monday comes.....you revert back to your true 'self'....and that is the 'self' that you display here for all to see. In conclusion....you're fooling No one but Yourself!
You are a living example of the accuracy of Staaks Rosch statement that Atheists are afficted by mental problems that they will not admit to.
So now, if I step on a cockroack and kill it I have violated which Commandment?
And if I were brought up on charges of being a Christian , you, a mentally unbalanced atheist ,would judge me not guilty.
LOL You and Hogan's goat have much in common.
Yes ,the fact that I call you fools is based on the overwhelming amount of evidence that you supply for me to arrive at that conclusion.
And you are right ,what you think or believe matters not an iota to me.
So ,when in your FOOLISH IGNORANCE you question my faith , do you think I care?
And you are right ,I don't answer to you all ,because I only answer to my God , not to fools who self proclaim themselves to be my judge.
You are confused and confounded ,as Staaks has correctly stated.
He is listed in the Philadelphia directory. He probably can't help ya , but, call him anyway.
Tell him how Atheism has wreaked havoc with your mind and don't fail to mention the remaining links on that Chain od Fools.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe 100% in your god because he has supplied you with evidence?
Then you don't have faith. So all this talk of you having faith is just bullshit.
Faith is what you have when you don't have the evidence.
bullshit is what your brain is composed of.
If you diligently seek me,you will find me.
I had the faith to believe God's word and true to his word ,Ifound him..

You are unable to do that because you are double mined,as I pointed out before.
You don't believe there is a God,but,on the other hand you admit you might be wrong.
Mentally,you are in a state of confusion , unbalanced in your Faith and attemptint to convince others that your irrational beliefs should be considered rational.
You self proclaim yourself to be right when your irrational behaviour is there for all to see.
Even your fellow Atheist ,Staaks Rosch , has pointed out the fact that Atheists are afflicted by mental problems which they refuse to acknowledge,as is obvious in your case.

" But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

As an addict self proclaims himself not to be addicted
As an Alcoholic self proclaims himself ,not an Alcoholic
So do the mentally troubled self proclaim themselves to be sane
Yet , it is one of your own that is making you aware of your affliction
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you have been repeatedly asked to explain and give evidence for the many myths of the Bible - the talking snake, the flood, the scattering of humans and the confusing of language, parting a sea, the magic showdown, a man deliberating for 3 days in the belly of a fish, etc., etc.- but you distract, evade and ignore these queries by obsessing on "the religion of atheism" and some rationalization that believing in fantasy has a terrific God-given mental health benefit.
Is it time again for you to rail against the thread for maintaining some smoke screen that only you can see?
Chroe , you conveniently change the subject ,as is your custom.
In no way are you adressing the question that was asked of Duquette....
Foolish one, I have no way of knowing whether those events took place,I have no evidence to prove they did Nor do you have any evidence to prove they didn't.
Moreover and more importantly, those events are not what I base my faith on ,as you well know.
So you want me to join you in your foolish path in a discussion that has no bearing on my faith.
Remenber; If you diligently seek me , you will find me.
That is where it all begins with me.
that is something that your doublemindedness Can not and will not comprehend...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
curious, I'm not going to hit Reply to clot up whole screens with your foregone conclusions. Most of your links are broken, but even when fixed, they are mostly to apologist and theologian authors. We have already seen the track record for those to be slanted and disingenuous. Cherry picking blogs and opinions that sort-of support you is not the same thing as presenting objective facts. Case in point from your own link,
" ...it is important to note that religious beliefs are only one path to finding a sense of purpose and meaning in our lives. Those who put less emphasis on striving for financial or material success in their lives and instead focus more on fostering their sense of community, for example by donating money to charity, helping others, or those who strive to have good personal relationships, tend to be happier whether or not they are religious."
It is precisely because Atheism DOES NOT foster a sense of community or charitable giving, that Atheists attend religious services.
It is because Atheism does not foster a sense of Community that those whom you mislead into Atheism find themselves in a desperate situation where they are left alone ,depressed and contemplating suicide , with no one to help them.
Abandoned by those who got them into the mess they now find themselves in , they have to rely on those same persons whom they abandoned , in order to get help.
Seems to me one can conclude this type of behaviour is morally corrupt
You don't tell someone you are taking them to a better place,when you know that they will encounter problems that they are illequipped to handle and then abandon them.
If you are taking them to a better place ,the results would speak for themselves and would not lead to depression ,suicidial tendencies or feelings of being abandoned.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Bubble head , Explain the contradiction and Atheism is a faith,although you try to sugar coat it
Explain what it is that can not be known and your basis for making that claim'
You talk in circles , make a statement without explanations.
You explained it yourself. Thus the contradiction.
We have explained it, and you confirmed it. Yet for some reason it does not compute in your mind.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Actual translation is Tho shalt not commit murder.. Murder is Homicide without justification... Homicide is killing another Human Being...
Typically the term applies to humans, but animals can be killed in an unjust manner.
You cannot just go around killing your neighbor's dog.
The bibles writings were never meant to be legal documents, and the flaws of it being trotted out as "laws" shows.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...You relate a lot of things to atheism.
At least you knew better than to call atheists cannibals. I guess you know that we don't eat the flesh of any saviour.
You also knew better than to call atheists vampires. I guess you know that we never drink the blood of any saviour.
You also knew better than to call atheists zombies. That's a voodoo thing that Christians liked so they took that for themselves.
Now, you can go back to glorifying slavery, genocide and the killing of homosexuals.
I went to my uncle's funeral this week. It was a Catholic service. It was very interesting. The amount of time speaking of Jesus instead of the person who just died was astounding, and I found it disrespectful, as I am sure did the wife of the man and the many that attended in her family, as she was Islamic. The priest had the nerve to claim Jesus helped her in being strong and being so caring in his ill health. Seemed like a giant slap in the face to me. I was not the only person who noted this.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You claim that atheism takes things on faith
2. You also claim that atheism is stupid
3. Therefore taking things on faith is stupid.
4. Christians are always saying that they take things on faith.
5. That makes Christians stupid.
Except you, because you have the evidence that your invisible sky pixie is for real so you don't have faith.
You are again providing ample evidence of your ignorance.
My God validates my faith by revealing himself to those who diligently seek him.
That gives me a solid foundation for My faith.
You have blind doubleminded faith as the foundation for your Faith.
You claim that you believe that God does not exist , then you claim that maybe you could be wrong.
Your foundation is UNSTABLE , you doubt your beliefs , you are doubleminded and unstable.
To compare the basis for your faith with the basis for my faith
is an oxymoron , your faith contradicts itself.
Spin it anyway you want . You can self proclaim yourself the winner on the basis that your faith is more encompassing , that it is based both on belief and unbelief.
Any fool can see the logic therein , rational people will shake their heads and close their eyes ,as foolishness has been known to impair one's eyesight ,leading to blindness

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a living example of the accuracy of Staaks Rosch statement that Atheists are afficted by mental problems that they will not admit to.
So now, if I step on a cockroack and kill it I have violated which Commandment?
And if I were brought up on charges of being a Christian , you, a mentally unbalanced atheist ,would judge me not guilty.
LOL You and Hogan's goat have much in common.
Yes ,the fact that I call you fools is based on the overwhelming amount of evidence that you supply for me to arrive at that conclusion.
And you are right ,what you think or believe matters not an iota to me.
So ,when in your FOOLISH IGNORANCE you question my faith , do you think I care?
And you are right ,I don't answer to you all ,because I only answer to my God , not to fools who self proclaim themselves to be my judge.
You are confused and confounded ,as Staaks has correctly stated.
He is listed in the Philadelphia directory. He probably can't help ya , but, call him anyway.
Tell him how Atheism has wreaked havoc with your mind and don't fail to mention the remaining links on that Chain od Fools.
I call anyone who believes Jesus was the "Christ", a Christian. Then their are the many variety of Christians.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe there is a God,but,on the other hand you admit you might be wrong.
Mentally,you are in a state of confusion , unbalanced in your Faith and attemptint to convince others that your irrational beliefs should be considered rational.
You self proclaim yourself to be right when your irrational behaviour is there for all to see.
Even your fellow Atheist ,Staaks Rosch , has pointed out the fact that Atheists are afflicted by mental problems which they refuse to acknowledge,as is obvious in your case.
" But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."
Every religion believes they "found" the correct god and it was somehow confirmed to them in some magical way. Obviously at the very least, billions of these people are in a delusion. More likely, they are all in a delusion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is precisely because Atheism DOES NOT foster a sense of community or charitable giving, that Atheists attend religious services.
It is because Atheism does not foster a sense of Community that those whom you mislead into Atheism find themselves in a desperate situation where they are left alone ,depressed and contemplating suicide , with no one to help them.
Abandoned by those who got them into the mess they now find themselves in , they have to rely on those same persons whom they abandoned , in order to get help.
Seems to me one can conclude this type of behaviour is morally corrupt
You don't tell someone you are taking them to a better place,when you know that they will encounter problems that they are illequipped to handle and then abandon them.
If you are taking them to a better place ,the results would speak for themselves and would not lead to depression ,suicidial tendencies or feelings of being abandoned.
"Atheism" has no job. How many times must you be told, it is simply a state of non belief? The individual can find many charitable communities to join in a team effort to help others. If a church is one of them, why complain about it?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Chroe , you conveniently change the subject ,as is your custom.
In no way are you adressing the question that was asked of Duquette....
Foolish one, I have no way of knowing whether those events took place,I have no evidence to prove they did Nor do you have any evidence to prove they didn't.
Moreover and more importantly, those events are not what I base my faith on ,as you well know.
So you want me to join you in your foolish path in a discussion that has no bearing on my faith.
Remenber; If you diligently seek me , you will find me.
That is where it all begins with me.
that is something that your doublemindedness Can not and will not comprehend...
"Doublemindedness"? Now you are just inventing words.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You had faith in his existence and now that you've found him you no longer have that faith.

No problem - I get it.

Now, get back to glorifying genocide, slavery and the killing of homosexuals.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Secret Gospel of Mark, not many people know of that book. Of course the Christians claim its not real but then again when Jesus was getting arrested there was a naked boy running around then too. Jesus would of made a good catholic priest.
There was an alter boy, and girl at the Catholic funeral I went to this week. I could not help but think about all the abuse going on in the church. I hear the church is second guessing mandating priests be celibate.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I went to my uncle's funeral this week. It was a Catholic service. It was very interesting. The amount of time speaking of Jesus instead of the person who just died was astounding, and I found it disrespectful, as I am sure did the wife of the man and the many that attended in her family, as she was Islamic. The priest had the nerve to claim Jesus helped her in being strong and being so caring in his ill health. Seemed like a giant slap in the face to me. I was not the only person who noted this.
I know exactly what you mean.

Two years ago I lost a good friend to cancer.

His was a humanist funeral so there were no dumb thanks to an unproveable god for creating the cancer cells that ultimately killed my friend.

Neither were there any dumb hymns.

There were three songs played:

Love - Alone Again Or
Dylan - All Along The Watchtower
Beatles - In My Life

I tend not to think of funerals as being good but that was easily the best funeral I ever went to.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are again providing ample evidence of your ignorance.
My God validates my faith by revealing himself to those who diligently seek him.
That gives me a solid foundation for My faith.
You have blind doubleminded faith as the foundation for your Faith.
You claim that you believe that God does not exist , then you claim that maybe you could be wrong.
Your foundation is UNSTABLE , you doubt your beliefs , you are doubleminded and unstable.
To compare the basis for your faith with the basis for my faith
is an oxymoron , your faith contradicts itself.
Spin it anyway you want . You can self proclaim yourself the winner on the basis that your faith is more encompassing , that it is based both on belief and unbelief.
Any fool can see the logic therein , rational people will shake their heads and close their eyes ,as foolishness has been known to impair one's eyesight ,leading to blindness
Care to share how your god revealed him/her/itself to you?

You talk about rational and you condone genocide, slavery and the killing of homosexuals?

You're quite mad.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There was an alter boy, and girl at the Catholic funeral I went to this week. I could not help but think about all the abuse going on in the church. I hear the church is second guessing mandating priests be celibate.
Pat Condell got it right when he spoke about priests. The pope had referred to priests as a gift to the world, and Condell said:

"as if God said,ĎHey, world! Iíve got a gift for you. I got it specially. Itís a predatory class of self-serving parasite who will suck out your dreams and grind them to dust, who will poison your naturally joyous and spontaneous natures with the leaden and life-draining emotions of guilt and fear, and who will lead you away from the path to wisdom and enlightenment and straight into a box canyon of superstition and dogma solely for their benefit, and you are going to lap it up like puppy dogs.

Any questions?

No, I didnít think so. Well, just for that, Iím going to let them rape your kids as well, and get away with it. Enjoy!"
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I went to my uncle's funeral this week. It was a Catholic service. It was very interesting. The amount of time speaking of Jesus instead of the person who just died was astounding, and I found it disrespectful, as I am sure did the wife of the man and the many that attended in her family, as she was Islamic. The priest had the nerve to claim Jesus helped her in being strong and being so caring in his ill health. Seemed like a giant slap in the face to me. I was not the only person who noted this.
Did it ever occur to you that maybe that's what your uncle had spoken to the priest somewhere along the way?

And people generally don't have/request Catholic services (or those held of any other denomination), if they are not of the faith of the service.

Why do you insist on perpetuating hate from that which is different from what you may (or don't) believe in Duquette?

There's nothing "right" about that at all.

People should leave people alone about their different beliefs Duquette, especially when the beliefs aren't huting anyone else, because just perpetuating hate and division amongst others, is NOT a good thing-no matter the race, creed (or lack thereof) or color.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There was an alter boy, and girl at the Catholic funeral I went to this week. I could not help but think about all the abuse going on in the church. I hear the church is second guessing mandating priests be celibate.
See how hatred is jading/tainting your mind?

How sad.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you mean.
Two years ago I lost a good friend to cancer.
His was a humanist funeral so there were no dumb thanks to an unproveable god for creating the cancer cells that ultimately killed my friend.
Neither were there any dumb hymns.
There were three songs played:
Love - Alone Again Or
Dylan - All Along The Watchtower
Beatles - In My Life
I tend not to think of funerals as being good but that was easily the best funeral I ever went to.
I love a good rendition of Amazing Grace.

And I much prefer services that honor people LIVES, rather than morbidly dwell in darkness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min scirocco 146,294
Anthony Smith 41 min candy 4
James Gambrel 2 hr ewww 3
hailey roberts 2 hr yepp yepp 4
Stivers Center fixes 5 hr get real 51
Any couples into SCAT??? 5 hr lady ella 12
disability lawyer 6 hr been there 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••