Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 152034 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117959 Nov 28, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I was under no delusion that he would understand what I wrote...
I believe I understood what you wrote. I am merely applying your beliefs to your parents and ancestors and see if you agree with my interpretation of what you wrote.

This is part of my response to your inarticulate and biased posting,which was largely based on your lack of understanding about my Christian faith
"As I understand what you are saying, your parents indoctrinated you into the Southern Baptist religion and based on your stateement,
your parents had an irrational and delusional mindset."
" You become the religion your Parents programed you to be... Intellect and Rational mindsets can undo such programming but an individual with a Irrational mindset and is Delusional general can't ...

So,let me be more explicit.
You were programed by your parents to become a southern baptist,they,in turn were programed by their parents ,who in turn were programed by their parents.
Based on your beliefs, as you have stated them , one has to conclude that your ancestors were unable to undo this programming due to their irrational and delusional mindset.
.
Of course that is only your belief , which , if your parents or ancestors were alive , I am sure they would strongly disagree with your Atheist perspective on the basis for their faith.

You , on the other hand , were able to deprogram yourself by age 11 , something your ancestors were unable to accomplish because ,according yo you ,they lacked the intellect and rational mindset,

Now, what is it that you believe I would not understand?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#117960 Nov 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Q".. You become the religion your Parents programed you to be... "
His parents programed him into the Southern Baptist religion and one must assume that his parents in turn , were progamed by their parents,who in turn were programed by their parents and so on.
Their inability to deprogram themselves,such as Q did at age 11, would be,according to Q's beliefs, due to their irrational and delusional mindset..
Now, that is all according to Q's beliefs.
His parents and ancestors may well have a completely different perspective based on their personal experiences.
That is the point that I am trying to make ,which you seem unable to grasp
You have no idea why that is irrational do you?.... Carry On...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#117961 Nov 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I understood what you wrote.
And there in sits the crux of the problem, but you have no idea why do you.....

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#117962 Nov 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , he was quoting his father , does that mean that it is his father that is claiming the deceased was a hypocrite .
Now ,MD implies that his uncle was an Atheist solely based on his uncles profession ,Psychologist.
Dukette is an Atheist extremist who will go to any lengths to discredit belief in God.
He wants as you do , that the Mass should address the deceased and not the Creator. And why? because you are both Atheists and want to impose your views on those who believe.
In the process to attempt to accomplish this foul deed he has dishonored his uncle , his uncles wishes and insulted the beliefs of his family.
And , He is the only one complaining,
Now he has sent you out to defend that which he himself, is not able to do.
Sent out a foolish boy to do a man's job.
Guess we need to know if Dukette believes his uncle was a hypocrite and if he does not believe that he was,why did he imply it?
As for you and your foolish self proclamation of having proved something based on your inherent foolishness,,, Cacafuego
And don't forget,,When 2 fools get together to form an opinion they only manage to double their ignorance,while wisdom flourishes at the fools expense
I'm sure you know the saying "Look before you Leap" seems you failed to learn those steps in the correct order Curious, as evidenced from your comments. To you Curious, thinking is the hardest work there is - which probably explains why you never engage in it! You rushed right in to MD's scenario further demonstrating the fool you are without recognizing the point he was making. You then proceeded to make unfounded , wild accusations Not only about MD, but his Father, the Deceased and All his Family Members.
By all means, do continue 'your godly work' you could be a poster child for reasons to abandon your religion!
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Guess we need to know if Dukette believes his uncle was a hypocrite and if he does not believe that he was,why did he imply it?
Too late to start Second Guessing now Curious, you've already proven yourself to be the fool.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117963 Nov 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea why that is irrational do you?.... Carry On...
Enlighten me with wisdom , not nonsense, as you are wont to do.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117964 Nov 29, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you know the saying "Look before you Leap" seems you failed to learn those steps in the correct order Curious, as evidenced from your comments. To you Curious, thinking is the hardest work there is - which probably explains why you never engage in it! You rushed right in to MD's scenario further demonstrating the fool you are without recognizing the point he was making. You then proceeded to make unfounded , wild accusations Not only about MD, but his Father, the Deceased and All his Family Members.
By all means, do continue 'your godly work' you could be a poster child for reasons to abandon your religion!
<quoted text>

Too late to start Second Guessing now Curious, you've already proven yourself to be the fool.
You are still a fool on a fools errand.
Dukett complained that the priest,in dukette's view , had insulted the wife ,who is a Muslim.
Now , he states that He thinks that she might have felt insulted.
So this whole scenario that he created is not based on any factual evidence It is based on his erratic views as to how those present should havwe reacted.
Those present Knew that God and Christ would be the main theme of the sermon.
You stated previously that the Mass should have been dedicated to talking about the deceased.
By making that statement you demonstrated your ignorance of Catholic worship.
The eulogizing of the deceased is done at the Vigil.
The deceased wanted a Catholic Funeral. Those were his wishes.
Now Duquette claims he may well have done this to please his siblings,as they are devout Catholics.
Dukett has been adjusting his narrative with nonsense in order to justify his untenable positiopn.
You have been instructed to defend his position at all costs and have managed to add the adjective absurd to his already ridiculous stance.
He is the only one complaining ,he thinks that others may have been offended...And we have only heard his misguided interpretation of those events....
Where 2 foolish minds come together , foolishness will be the main topic of discussion.
Spin it as you and Dukett may , he has provided no evidence that any one was offended. That he THINKS that they should have been is pure nonsense due to his Atheism.
Obviously these events are wreaking havoc with his mind.
He needs counselling......And so do you.
Maybe Q has an idea as to how you both can be deprogrammed.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117965 Nov 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What about them? You are speaking gibberish.
You are a poor advocate, as your double standards tell another story.
I don't have double standards, you judgementalcase idiot.

See?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117966 Nov 29, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
REAL natives don't celebrate thanksgiving.
This is America, NOT russia.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117967 Nov 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Those guys were natives of Europe silly.
Typical tea party talk.
You know how those mergers go.
(depending on the influx).

And the TEA party talk sure beats the heck out of the occupy anyone elses anything ghetto talkers !
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117968 Nov 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I fail to see the point if this service was in the format of Catholicism? If it was, then I see Catholicism as a flawed and disrespectful service. No matter why the priest made the focus Jesus, I found it disrespectful. I do not expect the Christians to understand this, but I do think the wife likely felt disrespected. It is my opinion, and you have said nothing that makes me feel any different.
The "format" of? You sure you're not confusing doctrine with DOS?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117969 Nov 29, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> I am not disputing he did his dogma correct or not, I am disputing if it as respectful to the Islamic wife. As religion is, they are not usually respectful of the competition. Note what YaA said today about Islam.
Now care to debate the actual issue for a change.
Was it her services?

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#117970 Nov 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still a fool on a fools errand.
Dukett complained that the priest,in dukette's view , had insulted the wife ,who is a Muslim.
Now , he states that He thinks that she might have felt insulted.
So this whole scenario that he created is not based on any factual evidence It is based on his erratic views as to how those present should havwe reacted.
Those present Knew that God and Christ would be the main theme of the sermon.
You stated previously that the Mass should have been dedicated to talking about the deceased.
By making that statement you demonstrated your ignorance of Catholic worship.
The eulogizing of the deceased is done at the Vigil.
The deceased wanted a Catholic Funeral. Those were his wishes.
Now Duquette claims he may well have done this to please his siblings,as they are devout Catholics.
Dukett has been adjusting his narrative with nonsense in order to justify his untenable positiopn.
You have been instructed to defend his position at all costs and have managed to add the adjective absurd to his already ridiculous stance.
He is the only one complaining ,he thinks that others may have been offended...And we have only heard his misguided interpretation of those events....
Where 2 foolish minds come together , foolishness will be the main topic of discussion.
Spin it as you and Dukett may , he has provided no evidence that any one was offended. That he THINKS that they should have been is pure nonsense due to his Atheism.
Obviously these events are wreaking havoc with his mind.
He needs counselling......And so do you.
Maybe Q has an idea as to how you both can be deprogrammed.
What I did say was Everyone Expected his Religion to be discussed, what they didn't expect was a comment that the only reason she was kind to her husband was because some deity manipulated her! Learn reading comprehension ya fool! I don't have to be of any religion to recognize malicious statements when I see them.
Of course you idiot, this is MD's perspective on the events and proceedings as HE is the only one that attended, therefore I am basing my comments of what he said to be WHAT HAPPENED.{If other family members want to come here and refute what MD said, they have that right because they were there too!} I however, cannot make a righteous judgment or claim MD's statements are erroneous of what was said because I wasn't there, I see that doesn't stop you though.

Again, How do you know MD's interpretation of said events are/were misguided? Do you have evidence to prove they were? Were you there? Did you speak to those attending to get their views?

As of yet, the only thing you haven't refuted is the death of the uncle, can we expect that any time soon?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117971 Nov 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You being an extremist Atheist , would find any service relating to God as being disrespectful.
Since you are the only one that found it disrespectful , you should make it your business to
1) Not ever attend any more Carholic or other Christian funeral services. I am fairly certain that if your views were known , you would not be welcome
2)Since you have a problem with Catholic funeral services and feel that some changes need be made,in order that they conform to your Atheist faith , you should address your problems to the POPE.
3)Your opinion that"but I do think the wife likely felt disrespected." is as baseless as the rest of your atrocious logic.
Face it, you are an Extremist Atheist who has shown no respect for your uncle or his desire to be buried according to his Faith.
That is the way in which HE wanted to be buried. You had no voice in determining the choice he made or attempting to impose your views on an issue where your opinion was not requested and quite apparently is none of your business.
If the church wants to make funerals all about Jesus, that is their business. But that does not mean I cannot give my opinion of it. Just as you gave your opinion of what I should do. It is your right. And I certainly would never follow your wishes just as the church would probably never follow mine. But I am not so foolish as to bother telling them what I wish them to do, as you told me what to do.

It is clear you have no concern what anyone thinks except Christains. The cerimony in question seems to have the same shitty attitude. And yet you guys wonder why we complain about religion.
You think it does no harm, but that is part if the mass delusion.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117972 Nov 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Q".. You become the religion your Parents programed you to be... "
His parents programed him into the Southern Baptist religion and one must assume that his parents in turn , were progamed by their parents,who in turn were programed by their parents and so on.
Their inability to deprogram themselves,such as Q did at age 11, would be,according to Q's beliefs, due to their irrational and delusional mindset..
Now, that is all according to Q's beliefs.
His parents and ancestors may well have a completely different perspective based on their personal experiences.
That is the point that I am trying to make ,which you seem unable to grasp
Well this is the first time you mentioned this concept dummy. And it does not take away from anything you previously said. Q made no absolute claim about a person following the religion of their parents. He left plenty of room for exceptions, but you acted as if he did not. Now you change the story yet again. Just admit you screwed up like an honorable person for a change.

Now to your new theory. Yes, maybe his parents or grandparents were in a delusion. I know my parents are. My parents are extremely closed minded. It is pretty sad and often embarrassing.
Their closed minded thinking was so apparent to me, maybe that is why I tried to be better than that. Hard to really pinpoint just what influenced me to be open to breaking away from the groupthink.
But what is. Wry clear, you refuse to think outside your parents religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117973 Nov 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I understood what you wrote. I am merely applying your beliefs to your parents and ancestors and see if you agree with my interpretation of what you wrote.
This is part of my response to your inarticulate and biased posting,which was largely based on your lack of understanding about my Christian faith
"As I understand what you are saying, your parents indoctrinated you into the Southern Baptist religion and based on your stateement,
your parents had an irrational and delusional mindset."
" You become the religion your Parents programed you to be... Intellect and Rational mindsets can undo such programming but an individual with a Irrational mindset and is Delusional general can't ...
So,let me be more explicit.
You were programed by your parents to become a southern baptist,they,in turn were programed by their parents ,who in turn were programed by their parents.
Based on your beliefs, as you have stated them , one has to conclude that your ancestors were unable to undo this programming due to their irrational and delusional mindset.
.
Of course that is only your belief , which , if your parents or ancestors were alive , I am sure they would strongly disagree with your Atheist perspective on the basis for their faith.
You , on the other hand , were able to deprogram yourself by age 11 , something your ancestors were unable to accomplish because ,according yo you ,they lacked the intellect and rational mindset,
Now, what is it that you believe I would not understand?
Of course his ancestors would likely agree with you that they are in no delusion. The delusional are unaware they are in a delusion stupid. If they were aware of it, it would not be a delusion. Do you even know what the word means? You sure act as if you do not.

I am sure no Muslims feel they are in a delusion believing Mohamed was a prophet. See how this works? Clearly you have not yet grasped this simple concept.
I have yet to hear any of you Christians show an understanding of this concept. Thus you seem to lack a certain amount of intelligence.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117974 Nov 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea why that is irrational do you?.... Carry On...
Actually, I do not see Curious's post in question here as irrational.
Are you claiming your parents were in no delusion?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117975 Nov 29, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still a fool on a fools errand.
Dukett complained that the priest,in dukette's view , had insulted the wife ,who is a Muslim.
Now , he states that He thinks that she might have felt insulted.
So this whole scenario that he created is not based on any factual evidence It is based on his erratic views as to how those present should havwe reacted.
Those present Knew that God and Christ would be the main theme of the sermon.
You stated previously that the Mass should have been dedicated to talking about the deceased.
By making that statement you demonstrated your ignorance of Catholic worship.
The eulogizing of the deceased is done at the Vigil.
The deceased wanted a Catholic Funeral. Those were his wishes.
Now Duquette claims he may well have done this to please his siblings,as they are devout Catholics.
Dukett has been adjusting his narrative with nonsense in order to justify his untenable positiopn.
You have been instructed to defend his position at all costs and have managed to add the adjective absurd to his already ridiculous stance.
He is the only one complaining ,he thinks that others may have been offended...And we have only heard his misguided interpretation of those events....
Where 2 foolish minds come together , foolishness will be the main topic of discussion.
Spin it as you and Dukett may , he has provided no evidence that any one was offended. That he THINKS that they should have been is pure nonsense due to his Atheism.
Obviously these events are wreaking havoc with his mind.
He needs counselling......And so do you.
Maybe Q has an idea as to how you both can be deprogrammed.
I claim the comments were insulting. That is my opinion, but I cannot absolutely know what the widow felt, and I never claimed to know. Unlike you, I chose my words carefully. You are making claims I did not make.
I have not changed my story, I am simply voicing my opinion. I am not claiming facts, and my opinion here needs no facts. It is my opinion. Take it for what it is.

And again, the twin brother gave a moving eulogy at the ceremony, so your claims of some absolute rules if the church are unfounded.

You really show a serous reading comprehension problem. It is getting tedious trying to make you understand what I wrote clearly the first time.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117976 Nov 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have double standards, you judgementalcase idiot.
See?
You say this as if you are not judgmental. How ironic.
You squeezed in a giant contradiction in one sentence. Congratulations.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117977 Nov 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You know how those mergers go.
(depending on the influx).
And the TEA party talk sure beats the heck out of the occupy anyone elses anything ghetto talkers !
Thanks for again proving your double standards.
Nice judgments and labels.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#117978 Nov 29, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it her services?
Care to identify the person?
It really pains you to ask a question clearly, doesn't it? I cannot read your twisted mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
house cleaner wanted 5 hr swampfoot 11
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 5 hr swampfoot 33
Higher Property Taxes 7 hr Help us all 24
Dustin Gray 7 hr looking 2
women 8 hr hot girl 6
Breeze 8 hr girl 4
outlaws 9 hr well 21
Education 10 hr Girls 23

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages