Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166385 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117763 Nov 24, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat Condell got it right when he spoke about priests. The pope had referred to priests as a gift to the world, and Condell said:
"as if God said,‘Hey, world! I’ve got a gift for you. I got it specially. It’s a predatory class of self-serving parasite who will suck out your dreams and grind them to dust, who will poison your naturally joyous and spontaneous natures with the leaden and life-draining emotions of guilt and fear, and who will lead you away from the path to wisdom and enlightenment and straight into a box canyon of superstition and dogma solely for their benefit, and you are going to lap it up like puppy dogs.
Any questions?
No, I didn’t think so. Well, just for that, I’m going to let them rape your kids as well, and get away with it. Enjoy!"
How sad for you as well...I for one, have many memories of growing up Catholic--with out any of that tainted, dark stuff that you rag and harp about.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#117764 Nov 24, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Every religion believes they "found" the correct god and it was somehow confirmed to them in some magical way. Obviously at the very least, billions of these people are in a delusion. More likely, they are all in a delusion.
It is also "delsuional" to solely "blame religion" (especially specific ones in particular) for the twisted and distorted behaviors of sick people.

For instance-I know of a few who as children were abused by the adults-who just happened to be Realtives- around them, as in NONE of them tied directly to "religion" at all.

One absolutely has to feel empathy for the "victims" of such, and wonder where those who abused them, learned such themselves, so that cycles of unacceptable behaviors-epsecially against innocent children and young people, are not allowed to continue unchecked into next generations.

And personally I would think, that would start by deeming such behaviors as unnacceptable.

(which reminds me as well, I recently viewed a Catholic diocess web page, for a "state-at-large" with a link to report those who of the cloth might try and abuse children and under age minors. A good thing I thought. Perhaps there should be more like that for those that face such from abusive uncles, brothers, cousins etc not of the cloth- as well.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117765 Nov 24, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I went to my uncle's funeral this week. It was a Catholic service. It was very interesting. The amount of time speaking of Jesus instead of the person who just died was astounding, and I found it disrespectful, as I am sure did the wife of the man and the many that attended in her family, as she was Islamic. The priest had the nerve to claim Jesus helped her in being strong and being so caring in his ill health. Seemed like a giant slap in the face to me. I was not the only person who noted this.
Obviously your uncle had requested a Catholic Service ,not an Atheist one . Maybe you felt that what should have been the main topic should have been "Why Christopher Hitchens relied on a Christian doctor to help him battle his cancer?
And I imagine that the Muslims in attendance were expecting a sermon based on the teachings of Mohammed.
Yes , your logic is faulty , the result of an unbalanced mind caused by blind faith based on an unrealistic foundation.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#117766 Nov 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a living example of the accuracy of Staaks Rosch statement that Atheists are afficted by mental problems that they will not admit to.
So now, if I step on a cockroack and kill it I have violated which Commandment?
And if I were brought up on charges of being a Christian , you, a mentally unbalanced atheist ,would judge me not guilty.
LOL You and Hogan's goat have much in common.
Yes ,the fact that I call you fools is based on the overwhelming amount of evidence that you supply for me to arrive at that conclusion.
And you are right ,what you think or believe matters not an iota to me.
So ,when in your FOOLISH IGNORANCE you question my faith , do you think I care?
And you are right ,I don't answer to you all ,because I only answer to my God , not to fools who self proclaim themselves to be my judge.
You are confused and confounded ,as Staaks has correctly stated.
He is listed in the Philadelphia directory. He probably can't help ya , but, call him anyway.
Tell him how Atheism has wreaked havoc with your mind and don't fail to mention the remaining links on that Chain od Fools.
You are a living example of a hypocrite! Be it known...I don't question your faith! I question your mentality!

In Your deluded state, you seriously think your opinion matters to Anyone??

I do believe I stated that what we think matters not to you, but what the Savior thinks of you matters a great deal! You see, as YOU believe the bible, it clearly shows how wrath he becomes when his commandments aren't followed to the letter!

Be sure and pack plenty of Ice!

United States of America

#117767 Nov 24, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>What you do not understand is this....It matters not if We make you feel ashamed.... you see.... you don't answer to us...What matters to you= is your God and Lord proud of your actions, or are they ashamed of your behavior? Unless you just accepted Christ this moment...you have broken almost all commandments set forth for you to follow....and that includes 'Thou shall not kill'... if you've killed a spider, snake, or a bee...you've broken that commandment as well. You've lied, you've slandered, you've shown discontentment and hatred for your fellow man, not what the commandment says to love thy neighbor as thyself. You've called those neighbors "fool" , you've admitted that you need not follow the OT when the NT came along... in other words nit-pick- the list goes on and on.....as stated earlier, if you were put on trial for being a Christian, there would not be enough evidence to convict.
I see your 'type' of Christian every day....you rise up Sunday Morn and trot off to church and praise be to the Savior, you sing and rejoice and humble yourself as a child to the master....BUT when Monday comes.....you revert back to your true 'self'....and that is the 'self' that you display here for all to see. In conclusion....you're fooling No one but Yourself!
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a living example of the accuracy of Staaks Rosch statement that Atheists are afficted by mental problems that they will not admit to.
So now, if I step on a cockroack and kill it I have violated which Commandment?
And if I were brought up on charges of being a Christian , you, a mentally unbalanced atheist ,would judge me not guilty.
LOL You and Hogan's goat have much in common.
Yes ,the fact that I call you fools is based on the overwhelming amount of evidence that you supply for me to arrive at that conclusion.
And you are right ,what you think or believe matters not an iota to me.
So ,when in your FOOLISH IGNORANCE you question my faith , do you think I care?
And you are right ,I don't answer to you all ,because I only answer to my God , not to fools who self proclaim themselves to be my judge.
You are confused and confounded ,as Staaks has correctly stated.
He is listed in the Philadelphia directory. He probably can't help ya , but, call him anyway.
Tell him how Atheism has wreaked havoc with your mind and don't fail to mention the remaining links on that Chain od Fools.
Every fact I mentioned above was ignored Except when I posted the comment of thou shall not kill....you can't refute the other facts because those facts I mentioned are weaved throughout your comments since your participation on this thread.
Furthermore, you need to understand what the bible says about judging ....you better start rethinking your position here....because the big judgment that all of you are going to face in the not so distant future is going to be made by someone who couldn't care less about being ‘politically correct’. His only basis for judgment is going to be whether or not you have obeyed His Word.
AndsodoAdults

London, KY

#117768 Nov 24, 2013
Children Learn What They Live
By Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph.D.

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

United States of America

#117769 Nov 24, 2013
Curious you can say or claim whatever you want about me and everyone on this thread, it all still resonates back to it being Your Opinion, which holds no creditability what so ever.
You see, when you call us 'fools' you have no basis for that statement, nor proof.
You see, when you claim we have mental problems, you have no basis for that statement, nor proof.

But....when we call you a hypocrite, a liar, one who slanders, calling your neighbors 'fools', showing resentment and hatred for your neighbors, we have proof! That proof comes from your mouth, your bible-which incidentally {by your reasoning}is supposed to be the word of god!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117770 Nov 24, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Curious you can say or claim whatever you want about me and everyone on this thread, it all still resonates back to it being Your Opinion, which holds no creditability what so ever.
You see, when you call us 'fools' you have no basis for that statement, nor proof.
You see, when you claim we have mental problems, you have no basis for that statement, nor proof.
But....when we call you a hypocrite, a liar, one who slanders, calling your neighbors 'fools', showing resentment and hatred for your neighbors, we have proof! That proof comes from your mouth, your bible-which incidentally {by your reasoning}is supposed to be the word of god!
Your opinion that my opinion holds no credibility is exactly that , your opinion.
Let us begin with what is stated in proverbs,the Fool has
stated in his heart,There is no God.
Many of your postings arbitrarily dismiss what is contained in the Bible as Mumbo Jumbo , Foolishness" and there is much more,as you well know.
So ,in your opinion , I am a hypocrite and in my OPINION,based on your inane rantings you are ALL FOOLS.
You don't like what I post , Don't read it.
You , foolishly claimed you were going to put me on ignore.
That lasted about 1 day and here you are , back again for more.
When you claim thay my faith is based on a myth and delusions,which it is not , you not only lie,but make fools of yourselves in the process.
I rest my case

United States of America

#117771 Nov 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion that my opinion holds no credibility is exactly that , your opinion.
Many of your postings arbitrarily dismiss what is contained in the Bible as Mumbo Jumbo , Foolishness" and there is much more,as you well know.
So ,in your opinion , I am a hypocrite and in my OPINION,based on your inane rantings you are ALL FOOLS.
When you claim thay my faith is based on a myth and delusions,which it is not , you not only lie,but make fools of yourselves in the process.
I rest my case
I said,,,, If you continue to act like a petulant little child, I will have no choice but to stop communicating with you!
curious wrote:
<quoted text>So ,in your opinion , I am a hypocrite and in my OPINION,based on your inane rantings you are ALL FOOLS.
So when I state the commandments that you refuse to obey and or follow, that is ranting? Do you not follow the bible as your roadmap? I am simply bringing attention what is written in the bible , that your god instructed of you either to do- or not to do. If you don't like what I post, you don't have to read it.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>When you claim thay my faith is based on a myth and delusions,which it is not , you not only lie,but make fools of yourselves in the process
Unless you have proof that can be tested as viable, tangible evidence, it is considered a myth.

United States of America

#117772 Nov 24, 2013
Oh, and you don't have a case, you have an illness.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#117773 Nov 24, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Oh, and you don't have a case, you have an illness.
That be true , You Atheists are making me sick

YUUUUUUUUUUK Yuk Yuk Yuk LOL

United States of America

#117774 Nov 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I rest my case
curious wrote:
<quoted text>So ,in your opinion , I am a hypocrite and in my OPINION,based on your inane rantings you are ALL FOOLS.
No it is not my Opinion, it is fact based on the evidence presented.---let's first define what the word "judge" means. One dictionary says it is
To determine or form an opinion or estimation after consideration or deliberation.
Merriam Webster's says it is
to form an opinion about through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises

to determine or pronounce after inquiry and deliberation

to form an estimate or evaluation of.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>You don't like what I post , Don't read it.
If you don't like what I post, you don't have to read it, but if you don't like what is written in the bible, then you have a problem dontcha.{and your actions show that you don't}, again, I'm basing that on the evidence YOU have presented through your actions here on this thread!

United States of America

#117775 Nov 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
{smiles}
Mary W

Lexington, KY

#117776 Nov 24, 2013
I say YES YES YES....sounds like a great idea!!! This might be the only time some children hear about God. Children need some kind of structure in their lives. It can't do no harm, only good. They need to bring prayer back also in school. When you make more room for God, there is less room for the devil. There is an endless list of positive things that could come out of BIBLE teachings and prayer. I say go for it!!! GREAT GREAT IDEA!!
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#117777 Nov 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof belief in god is based on a goat herders mentality.

Lev:20
16“If a woman presents herself to a male animal to have intercourse with it, she and the animal must both be put to death. You must kill both, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

Now tell me how this animal is guilty of a capital offense. Has your dog hump your leg? A dog that sins?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#117778 Nov 24, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I rest my case
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good".

Did you know the second sentence existed?

How do you feel categorising the billions of people around the world who exercise freedom of religion as "fools"?

Do you feel good calling them corrupt, abominable and doing no good?

If you agree with the second sentence it serves as further evidence that you are morally bankrupt and, what's more you'd better be able to prove that sentence.

Do you agree with the second sentence?

Remember how your rancid morality has been exposed and how you freely admit that slavery, genocide and killing homosexuals is a good thing?

I'll go as far as saying that you also think that a well known atheist like Bob Geldof (who has saved millions of lives) is corrupt, abominable and never did any good,

Perhaps if he'd killed millions you'd think he was good.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#117779 Nov 24, 2013
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof belief in god is based on a goat herders mentality.
Lev:20
16“If a woman presents herself to a male animal to have intercourse with it, she and the animal must both be put to death. You must kill both, for they are guilty of a capital offense.
Now tell me how this animal is guilty of a capital offense. Has your dog hump your leg? A dog that sins?
Here's more imsanity from the Bible. This time it's hatred towards women....

"And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness."

Leviticus 15:19-30

United States of America

#117780 Nov 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just say what you really mean, Everyone who doesn't agree with ME is making me sick.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117781 Nov 25, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Chroe , you conveniently change the subject ,as is your custom.
In no way are you adressing the question that was asked of Duquette....
Foolish one, I have no way of knowing whether those events took place,I have no evidence to prove they did Nor do you have any evidence to prove they didn't.
Moreover and more importantly, those events are not what I base my faith on ,as you well know.
So you want me to join you in your foolish path in a discussion that has no bearing on my faith.
Remenber; If you diligently seek me , you will find me.
That is where it all begins with me.
that is something that your doublemindedness Can not and will not comprehend...
On the contrary, there are troves of evidence that these things did not take place. There is undeniable evidence that apologist will say anything to distort, disparage and dismiss this evidence - just as you do with your crusade against reason. Why do you not cite the studies regarding the preponderance toward religiosity in schizophrenia, various personality disorders, neuroses and other mental illnesses?
The psychological need that spurred you to diligently seek the Abrahamic god and your mental disposition to finding it is nothing remarkable, and despite what your preacher says it's nothing to brag about, either.
I have 12 oaks in my back yard, so the apostles were real. I have 3 palm trees in my front yard so the Trinity is real and the 3 palms in the back prove the resurrection. wait - there's 4 palms in the back yard, so one must represent the fronds in Jerusalem. I live in 1 house amid them, it therefore must be the house of Yahweh. Ooops, I miscounted. I have 40 oak trees in my backyard, so that proves both the flood and Jesus wrestling with the devil. There are 12 cracks in my driveway - those must be the apostles.(Eye roll)

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#117782 Nov 25, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
See how hatred is jading/tainting your mind?
How sad.
Why don't you address curious, Sista? He's got nothing but vitriol and toxin. Or do you consider his cockamamie rants and rages against the non-religious "tough love"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daniel Boone Owned Slaves, shut down the DBF! 17 min Sheep 14
All will bow!!! 21 min Amazed 4
John G 1 hr seriously 3
This Mornings Sun rise .... 2 hr Amazed 2
Judge ex removing daniel boone statue ! 2 hr Bill 31
Jason gray 2 hr Bill 5
Jason miller 2 hr corn rolls 9
Bad wreck on 25e in front of creek market!! Sat Well 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web